Sign in to follow this  
Taco

Queen's Gambit goes gold!!!

You're happy about a "free" patch?

Ok  rofl.gif

Let me know how that works out for you.

E

It works just great for me. It's not like I need it to enjoy the game. If you don't like it you can bugger off and play a 'finished game' instead wink_o.gif

I have no doubt been writing Co-oP missions since before you even played OFP so I'm not going anywhere. I'm simply voicing my concerns about a game I enjoy. If you dont like that, then you can take your own advice.

E

Your happy about a "free" patch?

Ok rofl.gif

E

You're sad about a >FREE< patch? Ok, let me know how that works out for you.

Like I said, you dont have a clue. You dont even understand the inference of that statement. I wasnt complaining about the patch, I was pointing out that it is not a common practice to pay for patches.

E

Maybe I don't understand it because what you said made no sense. Why wouldn't you be happy about a free patch? You don't have to pay or ANYTHING and it's a FREE improvement for your game..

Quote[/b] ]I have no doubt been writing Co-oP missions since before you even played OFP so I'm not going anywhere.

How do you know when he started playing OFP? whistle.gif

Your happy about a "free" patch?

Ok  rofl.gif

E

You're sad about a >FREE< patch? Ok, let me know how that works out for you.

Like I said, you dont have a clue. You dont even understand the inference of that statement. I wasnt complaining about the patch, I was pointing out that it is not a common practice to pay for patches.

E

Indeed, its common to completely forget about a game after a couple of months/patches and just leave it as it is.

Be happy with what you get.

EDIT: Also, you aren't any better then any of us, don't be so arrogant.

If you dont like that, then you can take your own advice.

E

Why would I leave a game that I like? tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]I was pointing out that it is not a common practice to pay for patches.

It's not common practice to get patches for a game that's almost a year old! crazy_o.gif

If you dont like that, then you can take your own advice.

E

Why would I leave a game that I like?  tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]I was pointing out that it is not a common practice to pay for patches.

It's not common practice to get patches for a game that's almost a year old!  crazy_o.gif

I think you'll find you're mistaken on your last point.

E

I think you'll find your mistaken on your last point.

E

Actually he's right, the vast majority of PC games released lose their support between 6 months - 1 year, only the successful ones with communities (OFP/ArmA) will get their continued support ever.

E

Actually he's right, the vast majority of PC games released lose their support between 6 months - 1 year, only the successful ones with communities (OFP/ArmA) will get their continued support ever.

Nah, he's not right tbh, Of the games on my desktop that are a year old they have all had recent patches. I'll leave you to your raging Fanboyism. It's sad when people are so blinded by something that they can't even see common sense.

It's ok to like something but at the same time, be objective about the state of the game. Some here just spit venom whenever anyone says anything other than "ArmA is the best game ever".

I like the game very much, at the same time we could use more patch and less Retail addon and we certainly dont need a new game which will no doubt ship in an atrocious state as did OFP, as did ArmA.

Those points cant be debated as they are fact. You can't have it both ways.

E

opforum

madmatt

ethne

get a room ffs , we had all this bullsh#t in the arma-dissapointing thread

its marmite you either love it or hate it no need to go into the fine print and certainly no need to tell people to go and play something else.

Looks like we need a moderator here to lock the thread for a while..

this conversation is going no where.

I see Gambit as an extra addon. Maybe they can sell missions too in the future?

E

Nah, he's not right tbh, Of the games on my desktop that are a year old they have all had recent patches. I'll leave you to your raging Fanboyism. It's sad when people are so blinded by something that they can't even see common sense.

It's ok to like something but at the same time, be objective about the state of the game. Some here just spit venom whenever anyone says anything other than "ArmA is the best game ever".

I like the game very much, at the same time we could use more patch and less Retail addon and we certainly dont need a new game which will no doubt ship in an atrocious state as did OFP, as did ArmA.

Those points cant be debated as they are fact. You can't have it both ways.

E

I'm not being a fanboy. ArmA has room for improvement. But it's FINISHED. It's not been released in alpha/beta. It's a full game more than worth the money I've paid for it.

Anything there ^ that makes me a raging fanboy still?

oh please, stop this pointless bickering! i want to hear more about QG.. like, what the press are saying? i haven't seen any reviews yet and the game's already in stores.

oh please, stop this pointless bickering! i want to hear more about QG.. like, what the press are saying? i haven't seen any reviews yet and the game's already in stores.

I've been playing the Special Forces campaign and it is pretty good. I started Royal Flush but didnt really play it for long. One thing I am really happy about is that all my addons work perfectly with QG which is great. I couldn't live without my FDFsound wink_o.gif

E

Hey I'd really appreciate it if you could show any new building models (if there are any).

Well, anyone?

confused_o.gif

Also

www.game.co.uk has Queen Gambit in stock and they ship international. Ordered mine from there and they shipped to Canada for 5 Pounds cheap I say its like 15-20pounds to have games shipped from a store in my same Country to me lol

Why well I live in the buttend of Canada Northwest Territories! At least my Homeland is closer then if i lived down south just gotta go through the arctic to get there

I finished the royal flush campaign. It's rather good (better then the current arma campaign anyway) , but quite short. Some very good thing is that you can make choices throughout the campaign(like in resistance). The cutscenes are quite nice,with some new animations.

I now started the specop campaign, which is rather hard.

I didn't have time to check on multiplayer yet smile_o.gif

opforum

madmatt

ethne

get a room ffs , we had all this bullsh#t in the arma-dissapointing thread

its marmite you either love it or hate it no need to go into the fine print and certainly no need to tell people to go and play something else.

Fine tounge2.gif

It's going nowhere.

Hi,

I'm interested in buying Queen's gambit form play.com

Unfortunatly, I've the Italian version of Arma.

So I would like to know if it is compatible with my version.

Regards

help.gif

Hi,

I'm interested in buying Queen's gambit form play.com

Unfortunatly, I've the Italian version of Arma.

Unfortunatly? Love this version buddy, cauze the italian manual has an OOPArt (an out-of-place artifact) showed at page 4-5: infos

inlove.gifxmas_o.gifwink_o.gif

Hey I'd really appreciate it if you could show any new building models (if there are any).

Well, anyone?

confused_o.gif

Poor Opteryx tounge2.gif

maybe this is not a good place to ask seeing how everyone is busy showing their "love".

so far the new bulding models that i have heard of or seen are new huts and some towers and maybe new factories. there are other old buldings placed in new locations on the updated sehrani.

maybe you should check this

As far as I know, Queen's Gambit will work with all versions of ArmA that are up to 1.8...  wink_o.gif

Thank you

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Unfortunatly? Love this version buddy, cauze the italian manual has an OOPArt (an out-of-place artifact) showed at page 4-5: infos

Yeah... but what about the price?

As far as i know, there isn't any shop (in italy) which have got the same price of play.com wink_o.gif