Sign in to follow this  
Taco

Queen's Gambit goes gold!!!

Thats a very noble concept but patches don't bring in income, only new content.

Mmmmhmmm.... let's all go to WORK today and not get paid.

Ridiculous response! They have been paid for a game that STILL isn't finished.

E

The community has never had a problem churning out endless quality content.

I havent seen many real quality campaigns though. (IMO the really good community campaigns for both OFP and ArmA can be counted on 1 hand)

Quote[/b] ]Ridiculous response! They have been paid for a game that STILL isn't finished.

If you still think that the game isnt finished in its current state then you will never think its finished. rofl.gif

E

And in what way is it not finished? Oh, and more importantly... could YOU "Finish" it? wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]if you still think that the game isnt finished in its current state then you will never think its finished.

QFT whistle.gif

@Ethne and everyone who feels the same way

While the community makes great addons, how long does it take them to do it?  RHS Soviet Pack did not come out overnight.  If BIS decided to wait for the community to provide the content, we would be waiting a long time for these great addons.  If all of you will take a step down memory lane, these great OFP addons didn't start coming out until years after OFP was released.  If BIS waited around for the community that long, everyone would complain about how long it would take for them to release the product (anyone remember the complaints about how long it took ArmA to come out?).  The product, due to development time, might also be graphically inferior to existing products, and more complaining would ensue from that angle.  BIS has to release something with the engine, or else no one would buy it, and they can't spend years producing those "somethings", or the game would be in a stage of continual development and would never be released.

Quote[/b] ]The community has never had a problem churning out endless quality content.

True, but this endless content does not come out overnight, and most of it is not compatible with other addons.  The OFP addon situation was frustrating.  Most addons had bugs or error messages with them, were incomplete, and/or didn't work well with other addons.

Let's keep things in perspective, people.  OFP was great, but it wasn't this flawless, perfect, game people make it out to be, and it certainly wasn't perfect overnight.  The commmunity addons for OFP were great, but they were/are far from perfect.

I for one, once I can fit it into my college budget, am looking forward to purchasing Queen's Gambit.  The new story line seems interesting and refreshing.  The new content is comparable in quality to the existing ArmA content, so it will fit right in.  And from the reports I've heard of the new content, Porto should be fun to roam around in (and for you MP players, play in).

-Pilot

EDIT: Wow, I'm slow

E

And in what way is it not finished? Oh, and more importantly... could YOU "Finish" it? wink_o.gif

Buddy, dont even get involved in this argument. Your points are non existent and childish. ArmA still needs patches, it is by no means what I would consider a "finished product". I will admit that it has improved drastically but there is more work to be done.

E

Hey I'd really appreciate it if you could show any new building models (if there are any).

Well, anyone?

E

Buddy, dont even get involved in this argument. Your points are non existent and childish. ArmA still needs patches, it is by no means what I would consider a "finished product". I will admit that it has improved drastically but there is more work to be done.

E

Childish? In what way? I'm stating my opinion and replying to your "childish" saying of "it's not finished yet"

And if that's what you think then BIS released OFP unfinished - every shadow was an M16....etc.etc....

Has ArmA been out for 5 years and recieved all it's patches yet? No.

Can what BIS have done over 5 years to OFP be done to ArmA in just under a year? No.

If you're complaining about ArmA being "unfinished" then I don't see why you aren't complaining about OFP being "finished" after release.

@Ethne and everyone who feels the same way

While the community makes great addons, how long does it take them to do it?  RHS Soviet Pack did not come out overnight.  If BIS decided to wait for the community to provide the content, we would be waiting a long time for these great addons.  If all of you will take a step down memory lane, these great OFP addons didn't start coming out until years after OFP was released.  If BIS waited around for the community that long, everyone would complain about how long it would take for them to release the product (anyone remember the complaints about how long it took ArmA to come out?).  The product, due to development time, might also be graphically inferior to existing products, and more complaining would ensue from that angle.  BIS has to release something with the engine, or else no one would buy it, and they can't spend years producing those "somethings", or the game would be in a stage of continual development and would never be released.

Quote[/b] ]The community has never had a problem churning out endless quality content.

True, but this endless content does not come out overnight, and most of it is not compatible with other addons.  The OFP addon situation was frustrating.  Most addons had bugs or error messages with them, were incomplete, and/or didn't work well with other addons.

Let's keep things in perspective, people.  OFP was great, but it wasn't this flawless, perfect, game people make it out to be, and it certainly wasn't perfect overnight.  The commmunity addons for OFP were great, but they were/are far from perfect.

I for one, once I can fit it into my college budget, am looking forward to purchasing Queen's Gambit.  The new story line seems interesting and refreshing.  The new content is comparable in quality to the existing ArmA content, so it will fit right in.  And from the reports I've heard of the new content, Porto should be fun to roam around in (and for you MP players, play in).

-Pilot

EDIT: Wow, I'm slow

OFP took a long time to get as close to perfect as it got, the difference being that BiS always concentrated on fixing it and not moving on to a new game so soon after the 1st one.

I'm not saying there aren't parallels to be drawn, but the situations arent really similar.

E

E

E

Childish? In what way? I'm stating my opinion and replying to your "childish" saying of "it's not finished yet"

And if that's what you think then BIS released OFP unfinished - every shadow was an M16....etc.etc....

Has ArmA been out for 5 years and recieved all it's patches yet? No.

Can what BIS have done over 5 years to OFP be done to ArmA in just under a year? No.

Childish is saying things like "can you do better"?

E

Quote[/b] ]

E

Quote[/b] ]if you still think that the game isnt finished in its current state then you will never think its finished.

pfff,

looks like are going in circles..

The game is not finished. I have that feeling since december last year. Still have it.

There still exist bugs that existed in OFP. They said OFP bugs were all fixed..

I just hope in future project this doesn't happen. And im sure Queen Gambit will not fix those bugs.

QG will be gold ontop an unfinished game smile_o.gif (like a cheery)

edit: forgot a quote.

Quote[/b] ]I havent seen many real quality campaigns though. (IMO the really good community campaigns for both OFP and ArmA can be counted on 1 hand)

lol ,he may not be telling it like you wanna hear it, but there is no need to insult the community

Quote[/b] ]if you still think that the game isnt finished in its current state then you will never think its finished. rofl.gif

2 it aint finished yet

Quote[/b] ]Childish is saying things like "can you do better"?

E

Childish is acting immaturely not stating a true statement, and you're seeming to feel that you could release ArmA yourself with no bugs and have it working with max graphics on a Geforce 2 series confused_o.gif you seem to be saying "I can do better"

I also love how you responded to the subject of what childishness is rather than what we are actually talking about biggrin_o.gif

E

It IS finished. And there is still the 1.09 patch coming out, for FREE. That's a free patch, almost a year after the game was released. Ever heard of EA or Ubi doing that? And don't tell me their games are good quality, because some of them are terrible. So enough of this crap.

Do you know what EA does when their games are over a year old? They end online multi player support so you can't play online anymore. But look at OFP, you can still play it online.

And the community hardly makes quality campaigns. There may be the odd one coming up in the future, but if you don't get QG then that's 2 less campaigns that you get to play.

@spetznaz14: Get over the 'fanboy' crap. Just like those losers on some forums that calls everyone "Xbox fanboys" or "PS3" fanboys. "Oh the PS3 fanboys keep giving the Xbox games low scores!" icon_rolleyes.gif Pathetic

Quote[/b] ]I havent seen many real quality campaigns though. (IMO the really good community campaigns for both OFP and ArmA can be counted on 1 hand)

lol ,he may not be telling it like you wanna hear it, but there is no need to insult the community

I didnt really insult the community, but making a campaign with the same level as CWC is just incredibly hard, its hard to find decent voice actors and writing a believe and interesting story/characters is difficult. Also it takes alot of time, patience and persistence. There was a team behind CWC while campaignmakes often work alone.

Im not saying they do a bad job, but they have a near impossible task.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]if you still think that the game isnt finished in its current state then you will never think its finished. rofl.gif

2 it aint finished yet

Im not saying it cant be improved, but its most definately in a releasable state.

Quote[/b] ]Childish is saying things like "can you do better"?

E

Childish is acting immaturely not stating a true statement, and you're seeming to feel that you could release ArmA yourself with no bugs and have it working with max graphics on a Geforce 2 series  confused_o.gif you seem to be saying "I can do better"

I also love how you responded to the subject of what childishness is rather than what we are actually talking about biggrin_o.gif

Everything I've stated is 100% true and your grasp of the English language is not sufficient to continue this argument. Nothing I've said has been childish and again you make the same ignorant point you made before.

I never once said that I could do better but then again, I'm not the one developing and selling an unfinished product.

E

PS : I dont mean any offense about your English, I'm sure it is not your 1st language but your responses clearly indicate that you are not fully understanding what is being discussed.

E

There's a difference between continued support for a finished game (this case) and improving a non-finished game after release (Has that even ever happened? crazy_o.gif )

E

It IS finished. And there is still the 1.09 patch coming out, for FREE. That's a free patch, almost a year after the game was released. Ever heard of EA or Ubi doing that? And don't tell me their games are good quality, because some of them are terrible. So enough of this crap.

Do you know what EA does when their games are over a year old? They end online multi player support so you can't play online anymore. But look at OFP, you can still play it online.

And the community hardly makes quality campaigns. There may be the odd one coming up in the future, but if you don't get QG then that's 2 less campaigns that you get to play.

You're happy about a "free" patch?

Ok  rofl.gif

Let me know how that works out for you.

E

OFP took a long time to get as close to perfect as it got, the difference being that BiS always concentrated on fixing it and not moving on to a new game so soon after the 1st one.

I'm not saying there aren't parallels to be drawn, but the situations arent really similar.

E

Fair enough. You have a valid point, I'm just trying to add perspective here. Just remember the grass is always greener on the other side wink_o.gif

-Pilot

Your happy about a "free" patch?

Ok rofl.gif

E

You're sad about a >FREE< patch? Ok, let me know how that works out for you.

You're happy about a "free" patch?

Ok rofl.gif

E

It works just great for me. It's not like I need it to enjoy the game. If you don't like it you can bugger off and play a 'finished game' instead wink_o.gif

Your happy about a "free" patch?

Ok  rofl.gif

E

You're sad about a >FREE< patch? Ok, let me know how that works out for you.

Like I said, you dont have a clue. You dont even understand the inference of that statement. I wasnt complaining about the patch, I was pointing out that it is not a common practice to pay for patches.

E