Sign in to follow this  
RN Malboeuf

first user Island for ArmA

5 pictures between 600 and 900kb, allowed are max. 100kb crazy_o.gif

Although you're new here you got to follow the forum rules.

+1 WL and I guess one could say that's more then fair in this case.

Great island!

newisland1.jpg

one problem is that the ground seems to be covered with a grid of black dots, is that a bug or something? Anyways nice layout!

You managed to make a small lake 20 meters above sea level!

This is just great xmas_o.gif .

The water doesnt behave like the sea, no ties or anything and textures are custom? I can see a very small gap betwean them.

The gear you drop stays at water level though.

But this opens many new possibilities, lakes without ties and placed at diferent heights, swiming pools, decent swamps...

Great job smile_o.gif .

A readme in the rar file would be useful for many - the 2 pbo files - where/what are they and where they should go.

Your disclaimer should also accompany them.

This water body independant from the sea is quite interesting. I haven't tested this yet, can you tell us how you did it or if other applications are possible ?

I'm dreaming of rivers, swamps, etc... wink_o.gif

Malick

This water body independant from the sea is quite interesting. I haven't tested this yet, can you tell us how you did it or if other applications are possible ?

I'm dreaming of rivers, swamps, etc... wink_o.gif

Malick

Nice Island, and this object for lake is called pond.p3d in plants.pbo. yay.gif Very nice.

Nice Island, and this object for lake is called pond.p3d in plants.pbo. yay.gif Very nice.

So its already in the game?

and what about it's characteristics? does it still function like the ocean, as in, does it make man classed units switch to the swimming anim and more importantly does it also have the drop weapon bug which I hope to christ BI fix soon. crazy_o.gif

Nice island

Is there a definate need for smaplemap .pbo or can you redo your rvmats so its not nesassary ?

isnt alex sworn a employee of the german publisher? his english owns! :P

and what about it's characteristics? does it still function like the ocean, as in, does it make man classed units switch to the swimming anim and more importantly does it also have the drop weapon bug which I hope to christ BI fix soon. crazy_o.gif

Yes and yes, i cant believe you werent curious enough to see for yourself confused_o.gif .

Its exactly like the sea but static (like a lake), quite a nice new feature smile_o.gif .

A the weapon drop is a feature, not a bug..

Nice Island, and this object for lake is called pond.p3d in plants.pbo.  yay.gif Very nice.

Yes and yes, i cant believe you werent curious enough to see for yourself confused_o.gif .

Its exactly like the sea but static (like a lake), quite a nice new feature smile_o.gif .

A the weapon drop is a feature, not a bug..

Yeah the weapon drop shouldht happen with SF units, but the lake is great.. i see many new cool maps coming out now tounge2.gif

Hmmm, seems that water tile object isn't really usable with it's current settings. It also appears to lack any texture other than the reflective (specular?) normal map, making it look a single dull shade of blue when viewed with the sun at your back.

Pretty cool island.

The lake has some issues though, which I'm sure can be fixed. First of all the fact that the tiles can be destroyed.

I also noticed some weird transparency glitch when standing near it and firing my rifle. The muzzle flash causes some weird glitches when close to the lake. Texture issue maybe?

It can be pretty useful for island makers when the problems are fixed. I'm sure some addon maker could do it.

ahm.. dunno whats wrong, but everytime I load up the island, put a unit in there and try to play, game crashes! huh.gif

with this lake techique, would it be possible to make a dam? smile_o.gif

WW2 dam, with germans holding it, at British SF units taking germans out, but I guess, that when you blow it off, the water will stay in there, lol rofl.gif (menaingn, that it wont fall out from other side, wink_o.gif