Sign in to follow this  
Major Blood

O2/BULLDOZER PROBLEMS

Fixed my problem by removing problem related entries in registry and reinstalling.

Im getting an "External viewer:unable to create viewer " message.

I have correct file path (C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\ArmA.exe -window -buldozer -noland)

Any ideas anyone?

Hi, after uninstall the O2PE i've reinstalled it again, it opens the.pbo's

ever that you open 1St the O2PE and then navigate through the

HD to find the .p3d that you want to edit; the thing is that now...

it refuses to accept to be asociated with .p3d files, it don't shows

up in the programs list even if you choose that browse *.* files.

How could i fix this?. Let's C ya

i have a big problem , i cant load TGA files in O2pe anymore

get a error (unable to convert texture,pac2pal error)

is that a .dll file messing it up ?

Try this.........

Go to File menu........Options

Find 'Autoconvert GIF & TGA textures

If it is checked, uncheck it.

If it is not checked, sorry......no idea, apart from making sure all dependent programs are installed.

Planck

Someone PLEACE help me, i have tryed everything in these posts, but i only get the cfg worlds error  or  the External wiewer attach failed. no wiewer found   error whathever i try.

I have EXACTLY the same problem. It was working fine for a while, i right clicked buldozer in taskbar to close, and it did. and now it wont restart. I get

"No Entry .cfgworlds"

then some error message about Pixel shader or something

then

"Cannot attach viewer"

:| What the hell is wrong ? I havent changed anything all i did was close the program and it refuses to restart! I've tried a complete uninstall and no luck sad_o.gif

Please help someone! smile_o.gif

If ur using 1.09 i had the same problem

Then i unpbo the "X:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\Dta\bin.pbo to update the shader files in "P:\bin"

greets wink_o.gif

Many thanks for the speedy response Sgt. Ace! Much appreciated biggrin_o.gif

I'll give it a try now smile_o.gif

Cheers

EDIT: Didnt work sad_o.gif I can boot up ArmA without the buldozer switch, but when i put in the buldozer switch i get the errors in my above post sad_o.gif Any more help anyone?

Thanks anyway though Sgt Ace  thumbs-up.gif

EDIT2: Bleh, i know why, im an idiot. Again. lol i dePBOed the 1.08 Bin file and not the 1.09 one! I'll try again smile_o.gif

EDIT3: Nope, still no luck. What the hell kinda tools are these? They break when you close them? :|

And what is if u replace the files in "P:\Dta" with the 1.09 ones?

Didnt work. But i fixed it. I had to uninstall delete all registries with 'Oxygen' and then reinstall and its working again smile_o.gif

Thanks for your help though Sgt. Ace, much appreciated inlove.gif

Bloody hell whats wrong with this program? Everytime i close O2 Buldozer refuses to open and i have to manually uninstall and delete all registry entries. This is pathetic. What the hell is wrong with it??? sad_o.gif

EDIT: I've got a feeling that the problem lies with those OFP DLLs... when i add them to my Oxygen folder I can then add textures, but i cant open Buldozer.

Can't BIS provide us with these missing DLLs and make sure they are compatible with Oxygen2?

EDIT 2: Confirmed the problem, it was my fault. I set the wrong texture path (MUST be P:\ i was using the tutorial and set it to P:\crate and it caused it to crash.) smile_o.gif Im happy! biggrin_o.gif

Can't BIS provide us with these missing DLLs and make sure they are compatible with Oxygen2?

There are no missing .dlls... it's a general misconception brandied about that one needs to plaster dll's from previous incarnations of tools into O2PE/TexView2 folders to get them to work properly.

There are no missing .dlls... it's a general misconception brandied about that one needs to plaster dll's from previous incarnations of tools into O2PE/TexView2 folders to get them to work properly.

Well could you please provide us the solution without those dlls please? smile_o.gif

Im still having trouble with texturing, i have to use .tga textures (Paa/Pac textures do not load and texture stays NULL) apply them, then convert .tga to .paa and change the path to .paa. And it still doesnt show the textures in buldozer. (But once i PBO it the textures appear in game).

Cheers

I can't load paa's into O2 either but it turns out I don't need to with the setup. O2/Buldozer does it all for you if you just provide TGA's .....

Well, here goes an guide and explaination that may help.

O2 directory contents and location;

O2_6.jpg

O2 Working Directory setup

You computer should run a small BAT file every time you start it, this creates P:

O2_7.jpg

This is O2's own options, note the Buldozer start.

O2_8.jpg

This is the buldozer config file, located in the main ArmA game directory;

Quote[/b] ]

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=8772.000000;

Resolution_W=800;

Resolution_H=600;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

FSAA=2;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="4318,403,69275870";

localVRAM=657637376;

nonlocalVRAM=258998271;

As an Example

- in a addon GNT_Test directory I have just 1 TGA called Main

- STart O2

- NOTE: I have not started the Viewer yet.

- I create a CUBE in O2

- I highlight the cube, press A

- I drag a box over the cube

- I right click in the box, select Load Texture

- The dialog is expecting a "TGA" file, I select the Main.TGA

- I press B to map

- I right click and select Unload Testure.

- I press A again

- (I add a GEO, Land Contact and a Memory LOD)

- I save the p3d file

- The viewer is not running, only to watch the next step happen for the test.

- Note in O2 it says the texture is "main.tga"

- I start the Viewer, Buldozer, and what happens next is Automatic

- Buldozer starts and says something about converting

- A DOS window pops up and says the TGA is being converted to a PAA

O2_9.jpg

This next step doesn't make a lot of logic considering O2 still refers to the texture as a TGA, but it works.

- In the addon directory I now see a PAA file

- I delete the TGA file !

O2_A.jpg

- I then PBO the whole directory (with a basic config)

- And Bingo it still works in ArmA !

O2_B.jpg

In some ways this is similar to how Visitor works to make Addons ..... start with TGAs, BMPs or PNGs, and it does the rest for you. This may have been the original intent of the tools .... but I would still love the $#%#$$ option to load $%##$@$# PAAs direct crazy_o.gif

HTH ....

Gnat @ Dec. 28 2007,16:09)]<SNIP>

Thanks a lot for the explanation Gnat smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Good luck with your ships addon too smile_o.gif

lol, yeah it's pretty much as Gnat describes...

If one sits and thinks about it all for a minute or 2 one can imagine the following senario.

There is a demarcation point between 'development content' and 'game content'.

'Game content' requires paa/pac format.

'Development Content' requires tga format.

BIS don't need to spend valuable man hours on making a editing tool for paa/pac files. All, they need to do is provide a means to convert the development content to a format for use when one needs to 'view' the output in the Game or in Buldozer.

Given this assumption - they have made the content development tool, principally O2PE work perfectly well with what they deem to be 'development image file formats' ie. tga.

Ask, yourself this - why provide the functionality to work with/display paa files when they don't provide a means for you to edit them - and why would they - it's additional stuff they just don't need to do.

So, if one makes the rule of thumb that one should be working entirely with tga's on the 'development' side of things then one can see that the tools that BIS have provided are entirely sufficient for the purpose at hand.

And, whatyaknow - given this assumption - one does not need to have 'extra' .dlls present from 'older' tools in the new O2PE folder - and guess what, they haven't put them in there - so yet another reinforcement that one is meant to be working with tga's on the development side. Also, if one looks at the .exe itself (using specialized tools) one can 'see' that there is no dependancy on pal2pac.dll etc, etc.

Just because they 'accidently' have left paa/pac on the list of files that one can choose when one hits 'Load Texture' from the context menu - doesn't mean they intended for you to use that file format.

So, save yourselves a lot of work and just reference .tga's on faces in O2PE and in rvmat files. Don't concern yourself with renaming things from tga to paa with the Mass Texture Renaming tool - 'cause you don't need too.

When Buldozer runs it gets asked to present the model you are working on... if it finds that the texture on a face is a tga it will convert it to paa for you in the same directory. If there is already a paa in the folder it checks if the current tga is 'newer' (great english, huh) than the current paa. If the tga is 'newer' it will convert it overwriting the current paa. This is so you are always looking at the most up-to-date version of the 'development texture'.

You don't need to go around deleting all the tga's either 'cause when you use BinPBO to squash your folder it doesn't bother copying across the tga's into the output, only the paa's (if your setup does copy them across - then set it up to exclude tga's) - and if there is a tga present in the development folder and no current paa for it - then Binarize will make one.

When you do your final release pbo and you've stop work on altering your tga's then you can remove the tga's from your work folder - if you believe they are taking up too much room.

So, to summarize - you don't need 'gifload.dll', 'jpgload.dll', 'pacload.dll', 'pal2pac.dll' in the new O2PE folder - 'cause O2PE doesn't need them as you are meant to be working with tga's etc. in your models. And the .exe doesn't have any physical dependancy on them anyway. You just need what's installed when you install the BIS tools - that's all.

Also, you need to have TexView2 associated with paa, tga, pac - at the very least so that you can open them from the 'Resource Library' dialog in O2PE.

At least that's the way I see it... I know you know this Gnat, but others may not...

I have the message "Converting Resources, ..." but the new file is not created, and I see nothing neither in Buldozer nor in ArmA.  crazy_o.gif

EDIT : Solved by creating the paa file manually, of course...