Sign in to follow this  
Major Blood

O2/BULLDOZER PROBLEMS

Hello All

Once and for all, and for the love of all noobs. Would someone please explain the correct way to have Oxygen2 installed with a working bulldozer and correct texture path.

I am currently using the german version of ArmA,

I have Oxygen installed to the C:\Program files\name....

My .Dll folder - C:\Program files\name.......

My texture path - P:\

My bulldozer currently either displays a game menu ( editor, multiplayer, ect), or it starts the game completely. I cant get this installed correctly.

Textures - I have tried everything to get the textures working, but only received the message as "null" in oxygen. (I am pretty sure my texture path is in correct, but I have tried everything.)

Also, I have "installed" the dll files from Oxygen1 and placed them into oxygen 2. I am still unable to import .paa files into oxygen. I have also tried converting the .paa files into .tga. The folder is recognized, but there is not any .tga file inside.

As, I write this, I realize I have multiple problems, but PLEASE for all of us who did not start using oxygen and bulldozer in ofp, help us get this set up, so we can create for the community.

Side note: I find it strange that BIS would release incomplete tools ( I do understand that this is only a release canidate) that require parts from other versions, and not document this. Also, does anyone else find it strange that in the entire read me and manual for these tools, there is not anything specific in regard to installation. I realize that I am new, but there is a lot of us out there that are willing to create for the community that need a helping hand to get started. ( Yes the forums are a great resource, along with the wiki and biki, ofp tuts, ect. but I have read everything that I can find and still no luck.) I will continue to cry in my beer another time.

Please help, this is ridiculos. I must create.

Check the path of the External Viewer in options of O2PE.

Should look like <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">X:\...\ArmA.exe -window -buldozer -noland

Thanks for your response.  I do appreciate it.  You know, I have changed the path for that so many times I lost track of what it was suppost to be.  I checked the forum and saw that most people had to try a variation of that exact line, but I willl give this a try for sure and thanks again for your response.

edit:

Ok I tried that line in the external viewer, but it didnt work.  I then added the "  "  and got bulldozer working, but this starts the game and my model is shown on the opening screen, where you select multiplayer, options, campain, ect.  It is pretty cool, but still not a working bulldozer.

edit:

Now I am receiving an error message:

Can not load texture date/wireframe.paa

Any ideas? Wtf

If your buldozer starts up and looks like an ARMA menu screen, you didn't correctly use the -buldozer switch in your External Viewer path (check spelling, one L only)

If you get an error about wireframe texture missing, it's because you have an option turned on in Oxygen's viewer menu (View > Viewers > Buldoser > Show Wireframe). Turn that option off. It is not true wireframe rendering, but uses a special texture to show what looks like wireframe. I guess your install is missing that texture file.

Hello Earl

LOL. How did I miss the spelling? LOL. Use only one "L". Wow, dont I feel dumb.

Yes!!!!!

Now bulldozer opens with no errors!!!!

But, new problem: My model shows with no textures applied.

Quote Earl:

"It is not true wireframe rendering, but uses a special texture to show what looks like wireframe. I guess your install is missing that texture file".

Do I need to re-insall the tools? I am not sure what texture file I am missing, or how to get it in there.

Man, I am such a noob, but I am SO close. Help me out PLEASE.

A reinstallation wont help since I think the texture was not included in the install. Instead of restoring the missing texture, it's better to just turn the option off. The only reason you see an error message now is because hte option is turned on. See my post above for instructions on turing off wireframe mode for buldozer.

Alright,

I now have a half-way working bulldozer.

My problem now is:

I texture my model in O2, but texutres do not show in bulldozer. There are no error messages, just no textures showing. My textures are .gif files. Is this causing the problem?

Also, my texture path in O2 is: P:\ and nothing else here.

Is this correct?

Please let me know. I appreciate your patience. Thank you for your help man.

P:\ is correct for texture path.

Use TGA instead of GIF and it should work fine.

Lol alright man, I will give this a try as soon as I get home.  ( I am at work right now)  I did want to say thank you for your assistance.  I will not forget it.

edit:

Ok, I have now made the textures .tga files and still no luck.  I dont get any errror in bulldozer, but the tga texture is showing as "null" in O2?  Any ideas?  Damn it, I thought I had this.  I guess not.  Wow the more I type the more noob I turn.

EDIT:

YYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Problem solved.

I had already installed the .dll files from O2, so I changed all textures back to .paa files and it works.

Thank you for all of your help earl notworthy.gif

yay.gif

My buldozer works fine, but if i close the program, shut down the PC for example, when i try to use the tools again, it says "Cannot load viewer" or "Cannot load worlds"

without any reason, cause it worked fine before.

Any ideas ?

My buldozer works fine, but if i close the program, shut down the PC for example, when i try to use the tools again, it says "Cannot load viewer" or "Cannot load worlds"

without any reason, cause it worked fine before.

Any ideas ?

At options do you have ArmA.exe -window -buldozer -noland in the buldozer directory?

I think it is more your virtual drive (P) that doens't gets auto loaded. Check after reboot if the P drive is made...or when you launch O2.

For me it still doesn't autoload.

Place a shortcut of the mapdisk.bat and run it before using O2 again.

But now, it won't load textures. I mean, what do i type in the textures path, and where do i put the textures?

it also won't load Paa or Pac, only TGA.

Same problem for me, The normal "draw a box" and "load texture" for paa or pac just results in the box remaining blank.

I have to fool it with loading TGAs, "b" apply the texture and then rename the texture path so it says .paa or .pac

Weird .... anyone seen this before.

there are some .dll files missing in the O2 PE release version. To fix the .paa .tga .jpg viewing problems you can use the old O2 .dll files or download these (if you don't have the old O2) from our site and unpack them to your Oxygen 2 Personal Edition folder (NOT the ArmAWork folder).

O2_dll_files

Then startup O2 reset the texture path in the options menu to   P:\  if it is there already retype P:\  and save. Shut down and restart O2. There you have it, now you can see and load .paa and .pac textures.

Hope this helps  biggrin_o.gif

1. Function Break in UV editor doesnt work. Ive tried keyboard Pause/Break, button Break in editor also Break in menu and object in viewport doesnt break...

2. I cant create smooth object if is very small like head of a pin (flattened half sphere)

(see normals)

smoothpinuv7.jpg

I cant get Buldozer to work, i get the error messages saying no viewer found and the no cfg world error. I have tryed everything and iam using the latest release of the tools.

So can someone pleace help a complete Noob here..

Thanx

Well theres a shyt load of info you havent given but lets start with;

- What does you config say for Buldozer ?

- Where is your ArmA exe located on your computer?

Someone PLEACE help me, i have tryed everything in these posts, but i only get the cfg worlds error or the External wiewer attach failed. no wiewer found error whathever i try.

What is pixel Dozer, it is another external viewer i can try?

Can somoene pleace write exactly what they did to get it to work. I must be misunderstanding something

OK,

I installed the tools suite RC3 into a custom directory on my D: which does not have the OS on it. Bulldozer did not work, as you might expect.

However I could double click on .p3d and O2 would open and show the model. I could also double click on a .paa or .pac and texview would open.

In order to fix bulldozer I removed everything and reinstalled in the deault directory that the installer gave me. Bulldozer works fine and there is full functionality EXCEPT that I cannot open a .p3d .paa or .pac by double clicking.

If I try to load a model by double clicking, I get the message "Unable to load file, load error." However if I then navigate to the same file using O2 file browser it opens fine.

If I try to load a texture by double clicking, I get the message "Error loading file {D:\Games\Armed Armed}" if the paa is in a mod folder in my ArmA or "Error loading file {C:\Documents}" if the texture is in my ArmA work folder.

A reinstall did not fix this.

I reinstalled it to the default directory the installer gave me , but i still get the same error and iam using RC3, this is so FRUSTRATING!

What is pixel dozer it is a another viewer i can download from somewhere?

I'm having a huge problem texturing my model. I'm following this tutorial, but everytime I try to texture the door, I press "B" and I message comes up saying "No texture loaded...". I don't know what I'm doing wrong because I follow those instructions correctly.

The textures are in .pac format, and I guess as said earlier, the new Oxygen has trouble opening them. I tried simply adding them to my Oxygen 2 Personal Edition folder, but that didn't make any difference.

Can anyone help me? sad_o.gif

I'm not sure, I used the old one, but then installed the new one over it.

Anyways, I think I fixed it. Thanks to JBâ„¢ from the other topic, I guess my address was wrong in the options and it wasn't loading the new files.

Although, for some reason, it keeps on crashing. I'm not sure what's causing it, but it seems to happen mostly when I'm trying to add a texture. I message comes up, but very little of it is in English.