Sign in to follow this  
EcOGunner

i would like to know

if there is going to be a admin type of mod that u can give rank or another ranking system where if u reset the server the ranking system does not reset on anyone thats the only thing that i do not like about this game if u r up in rank and the server resets then its crap because all that time and work u put into that server for that rank to just reset is crap

i would like to know if we can make a better admin system where admins can give rank in the server and other things like weapons and more

and

i would like to know if we can make a better ranking system for the game with more ranks like having all the army ranks and taking away the 6 ranks that they have now

we would like more admin powers over a server then just kick and ban

ArmA doesn't come with ranks.

Do you mean the ranks you receive when playing Evolution?

Moving.

Please make sure you post in the correct forum before you click the button, thanks.

That goes to show how immensely popular Evolution is for people to think ranks are apart of the Arma game system. I suppose BF2 did have stuff you unlocked as you continued to play.

There are other maps out there...

ok my bad i have been playing this game for 2 weeks i did know if the ranks where a system of the game or not

but i think we need a better admin system then kick and ban because we have to have a little of fun with admin and stuff

i think we should add ranks but not like bf2 where if u get rank u get rank for all servers. i think if u do get rank it will be fair if its only on that server u get rank in thats would be better then all the servers if u understand me my english is bad sorry if u do not understand me. but i think we should have ranks for all maps and stuff the game is goood

Oh my goddddd! Proof! Evolution is giving ArmA a bad name!!

(No offense to the guy that made EVO...)

Either way! More servers need to play more missions!

Erm.. Arma does have ranks its up to the mission makers to make use of them.

ok my bad i have been playing this game for 2 weeks i did know if the ranks where a system of the game or not

but i think we need a better admin system then kick and ban because we have to have a little of fun with admin and stuff

What commands would you suggest?

Quote[/b] ]i think we should add ranks but not like bf2 where if u get rank u get rank for all servers. i think if u do get rank it will be fair if its only on that server u get rank in thats would be better then all the servers if u understand me my english is bad sorry if u do not understand me. but i think we should have ranks for all maps and stuff the game is goood

I think this is a terrible idea.

Squads can assign ranks to people through the squad.xml system.

Well I dont think there is anything wrong with ranks he talking about. He not talking about BF2 style, just on your own server.

Sure buddy, you'll need to learn scripting a bit. You should really continue this talk in the evolution thread.

Personally I think a admin should be able to give rank.

And another note, Evolution is the only thing thats keeping ARMA going and far from giving the game a BAD NAME. Dont believe me. Just look at the servers.

And another note, Evolution is the only thing thats keeping ARMA going and far from giving the game a BAD NAME. Dont believe me. Just look at the servers.

How is it keeping ArmA going other than for more Evolution? If they only play the game for Evolution, how does it contribute to the big picture? I sure as hell don't want to play that map.

Moving.

Please make sure you post in the correct forum before you click the button, thanks.

Also please don't make me click on threads when the title is broader than.. "I wanna know"... you could be talking about a million things.

The big picture? like what, the on going war with the north? Explain a little please.

What I mean is if you look at the server, Evolution is HUGE. Meaning its the reason people still play. Even after the ramped hacking going on. I think Evolution is here to stay, and should be welcomed. Those that wanna play different missions should be welcomed too.

if there is going to be a admin type of mod that u can give rank or another ranking system where if u reset the server the ranking system does not reset on anyone thats the only thing that i do not like about this game if u r up in rank and the server resets then its crap because all that time and work u put into that server for that rank to just reset is crap

i would like to know if we can make a better admin system where admins can give rank in the server and other things like weapons and more

and

i would like to know if we can make a better ranking system for the game with more ranks like having all the army ranks and taking away the 6 ranks that they have now

we would like more admin powers over a server then just kick and ban

There is no scripting command to detect who is an admin or voted admin so you cant give admins other options to players like promoting players of choice in evolution.

Evolution is agreat mission. I don't play online very much but it has made me click on the MP icon a time or two.

Killjoy put alotta work into that.

I am glad Arma doesn't have global ranking at this point. especially when asstards come in and make my score -16000 something and my computer locks up.

The big picture? like what, the on going war with the north? Explain a little please.

What I mean is if you look at the server, Evolution is HUGE. Meaning its the reason people still play. Even after the ramped hacking going on. I think Evolution is here to stay, and should be welcomed. Those that wanna play different missions should be welcomed too.

The big picture is all the other missions and activity in Armed Assault. How do Evolution narcs contribute to the game if they only play one single map and would stop playing if there was no such map? Nothing is affected by those people, if they would be gone only Evo would get played less, everything else would be exactly like before.

I know that Evolution is HUGE, but I don't necessarily see it as a good thing, the least for the game seeing as threads like these pop up on a regular basis.

why do people think evolution is the only game that is keeping ArmA alive..?

Ok yes its a popular mission but it doesnt mean that its keeping ArmA alive, Our server plays alot of Evolution but the members do like to play alot of other Co-Ops too, mainly the no respawn type.

i have always been a co-op fan since OFP days but you dont see me rant on about how rubbish PvP is in the forums.

TBH moaning on the forums is a waste of space and time, do something about it instead of forum whoring.

ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS wink_o.gif

junker i think ur right if we get a scripter like u siad we can make a script up with admin powers and even the ranking system ideas we do not need to use the main admin system if u have seen the mods they have for like counter strike or day of defeat they r all scripts made up for different types of games