Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Rahmadi Extended

Wow! from the screenies that looks really good!

Dumb Question: Are any of the windows or doors animated in the buildings placed?

Dumb Question: Are any of the windows or doors animated in the buildings placed?

Not a dumb question at all, because I haven't got a clue how to get ladders/doors/etc to work yet smile_o.gif

Not a dumb question at all, because I haven't got a clue how to get ladders/doors/etc to work yet  smile_o.gif

That's cool. Just making the layout and placement and stuff is pretty neat.

smile_o.gif

Nice one, Opteryx! Now just finish surface textures and mask. smile_o.gif

Looks cool. smile_o.gif

There seems to be, however, some compatibly problems with this and the other custom made islands. I tried to install this and the new island by Alex.Sworn, but this one disappeared from the mission editor. After I deleted Alex.Sworn's one, this appeared there again.

Looks cool. smile_o.gif

There seems to be, however, some compatibly problems with this and the other custom made islands. I tried to install this and the new island by Alex.Sworn, but this one disappeared from the mission editor. After I deleted Alex.Sworn's one, this appeared there again.

Ah good to know, I'm pretty sure it's config related, not my strong point, will see what I can do about it for the next update.

Thanks for the comments guys, a bit of constructive criticism would be good, if there's anything you think/feel is wrong, let me know!

Since you asked...

Mixing south and northern sahrani buildings in the same small town gives it a rather unrealistic look and feel.

I think you should take a pick betwean exotic, tropical or EU and stick to it.

Like, replacing the palms with diferent trees and using EU style buildings only or removing the desert style buildings and shacks and using the straw huts to create a small, tropical fishing village.

smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ] Mixing south and northern sahrani buildings in the same small town gives it a rather unrealistic look and feel.

I think you should take a pick betwean exotic, tropical or EU and stick to it.

Like, replacing the palms with diferent trees and using EU style buildings only or removing the desert style buildings and shacks and using the straw huts to create a small, tropical fishing village.

Yes I agree, BUT there's very little buildings to choose from without having to go with big city style so I kinda had to make a choice here hehe. Personally though it's not as bad as I though the mix would be, kinda gives it a sort of vibrant carribean style. This is of course a subjective matter, but I'll look into if I might filter out some buildings. Also some more variation of building choices would be nice (HINT HINT ADDON MAKERS). smile_o.gif

As reported above I'm not seeing the map in the editor, and I don't know which map is causing the conflict. Looking forward to the next release smile_o.gif

Well nicely built but some airport and harbor stuff missing (*hint 2 addon makers too). Would be nice to have some more little houses outside the "town area". There are some wooden?bamboo? in Editorupdate1.02 from LowFly.

Pretty nice work. wink_o.gif

Finally we have a Church on Rahmadi now i just need a Lighthouse and i'm happy. smile_o.gif

Good job.

well i found it interesting having southern and eastern sahrani buildings together, cool addon man keep up the good work

Ehehehe I just found some walls and a few buildings/objects that were very badly placed, hope you can ignore these for now. Actually I haven't played it in game until after I released it hehe, guess I was a bit too eager to release.

On a side note I would like to add that 7v7 squad skirmish in a clear sky winter night rules! biggrin_o.gif Tested it a bit in detail an hour ago and I see there's much room for improvements.

AWESOME!!!!!

I was dieing for any type of new town, and since this is on Rahmadi, it will probably lagg free!

Thank you!

DLing-

Hehe thank you very much for the comments, but please, I implore you to test it first because lag is often caused by scene complexity/high object count not terrain size.

There are some thick clusters of vegetation in this island that might cause lag, I have fairly high end rig so for me it runs completely smooth.

If there are some lag zones for you low end user I'd appreciate it if you could report them here.

-edit-

I'm pretty sure why there's an incompatibility problem now, will fix this and some other minor faults as soon as I can.

I like this map!

Already built 2 missions on it tounge2.gif The church should be placed correctly, and somehow I couldn't climb up the ladder huh.gif Anyway it's a great work! smile_o.gif

I like this map!

Already built 2 missions on it tounge2.gif The church should be placed correctly, and somehow I couldn't climb up the ladder huh.gif Anyway it's a great work! smile_o.gif

Hi Legislator, to get ladders/doors etc working I think I need to deploy some kind of game logic, not sure about this yet, but it'll be implemented in the final version.

For the next update I will try to fix the incompatibility issue, fix malplaced objects, add some new things like a graveyard for the church, fix the SatMap, small airport complex and a lighthouse.

This will be v1.0, next version after that will come after the full release of V3 and will most likely be final.

I threw it in the addons folder but it doesnt show up in the mission editor. huh.gif

As I've said before there's an incompatibility problem with other custom islands, this will be corrected in the next update.