Sign in to follow this  
G_H_Play_AKA_BOSS

UK BRITISH FORCES PACK

Excellent work, these are beautiful addons.

Since my ArmA has seized up and refuses to start.. can someone post some screenshots of the vehicles (Land Rovers, Harriers etc). Thanks wink_o.gif

Not a bad conversion.

I did notice one of the desert units appears to be holding a carboard cutout version of the M4 ( its wafer thin compaired to the other weapons )

Thanks plasman but it was all down to you in the first place in giving me the idea for the british vest,as that was one step nearer to a full british kit.

So big massive thanks plasman as your one cool dude & in my eyes your the first to make the british vest for arma & i want forget that cheers buddy you rock as well notworthy.gif

Don't mention it, just a small contribution. smile_o.gif

I concur with JasonO it would be nice to have some screenshots of the vehicles.

Sry to be a pain but can we have some details about the weapons included? Is this linked to the BSF studios weapons release?

this pack comprises of the uk british forces & the ukf weapons.

think thats a yes wink_o.gif

Very nice pack... love the UK style Harriers! Also nice to see the old UKF weapons back in Arma...

there is 1 thing that I wish to request... and that is for the troop pack to have soldiers with helmets in addition to the recon "boonie" hats.

I do believe (correct me if I'am wrong... not British... I'am American) the regular infantry units and para units mostly use helmets no?

like in these photos http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....elic129

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....elic141

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....elic146

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....elic165

other than that... outstanding work!

It will be great to have units with helmets. notworthy.gif

Great addon...

Downloading..................

Here come the brits yay.gif

I also would love to see the british kevlar helmet but dont know much about the o2 tools but am working on it lol.

But if in order to make it i:you some one would have to either make a completely new model, or maybe alter the existing one either way is a nightmare i can tell you.

But then again there are people out that know these tools like the back of there hands, so hurry up guys out there we need kevlars quick lol.

I would say that im as good in the art section :ie cs3 as any one is in using o2 tools ect..but that still does not give you the helmet lol.

Plus it was hard enough changing the vest to be more english & less american as plasman would tell you,its not that simple.

And on the subject of showing the "ukf" weapons thing i feel that its not my right to do so,as im shaw that "soul catcher" of the "bsf studios" or the "ukf" will make a competely new thread for them, i hope you can understand & thanks for asking any ways.

And to my mind there weapons are best thing to come out for arma so far mind blowingly briliant, but thats just me.

I think they well rock & are totally awsome, big respect to you guys i love them.

damn great job man, but did u make any british baret style ?

keep up the good work

and what of just taking a standard soldier (Blufor) and changing out the textures for DPM styles Boss? Is that feasible rather than making a whole new model soldier from scratch?

damn great job man, but did u make any british baret style ?

keep up the good work

Yes i did but then realized that they are the russian style baret & slope to the wrong side so i voted against it sorry.

Great pack guys, thanks for all your hard work! notworthy.gif

Did notice a few errors in the unit names e.g desert:crewman in the editor is called para rifleman in game (yeah I know nit picking! goodnight.gif )

Also the Desert UKSF Engineer is the only poor sod to have an iron sight SA80 confused_o.gif

Would be cool to see a re-skin of the BLUFOR M113 Ambulance as a "tempory" British FV432 APC for them crewmen of yours.

The BLUFOR CRRC would be handy for some desert Marines / Marine Commandos as well.

Any way I'm off to convert a few missions over.

and what of just taking a standard soldier (Blufor) and changing out the textures for DPM styles Boss? Is that feasible rather than making a whole new model soldier from scratch?

Yeh but have you seen one of these models in the o2 tools,i have & i shit you not it will be one hell of a job to convert & yes it is possible but would take quiet some time to do.

But of course you know me,as im deffenitly going to work on it trust lol.

Just wanted to say thanks guys - this is an excellent pack! I love it all!

Stew pistols.gif

"Soul catcher" has contacted me about making a british kevlar helmet,& I have decided to have a go at it, so fingers crossed & touch wood & if all goes well you will have your Moist juicy helmet lol.

Plus i will keep you guy's informed on our progress.

OK people , here you have the replacements for these beautiful UK troops , you can choose between the Desert replacement and the DPM camo replacement (at the moment only soldiers replacements, not vehicles ), enjoy !

http://rapidshare.com/files....ar.html

Does this replace the American camo?..because that'll be great if it did wink_o.gif