Sign in to follow this  
Soul Catcher

BSF STUDIOS proudly presents

Very good pack in all. Just a few comments:

- As scott said, the Javelin sight is misaligned, so once you've pressed V, right clicked the target to aim at, then you come out and use the smaller sight in first person view, it points the launcher to the left and therefore a miss.

- L96A1 seems a bit weak, I'm hitting people in the torso from about 4-500 metres and it's not killing them. L96 is a powerful weapon, and really should be a kill up to the higher ranges.

- L86A2 - seems to use default BIS sounds and doesn't work with my soundpack? Not sure why that is.

- Any chance of grenade vests for the UGL that hold 24 grenades?

Plus I would love you forever if you were able/allowed to get the WMIK and Warriors over from OFP. Mmmmm.

Very good work though mate, these DPMs and weapons are now standard on our missions.

- L86A2 - seems to use default BIS sounds and doesn't work with my soundpack? Not sure why that is.

Plus I would love you forever if you were able/allowed to get the WMIK and Warriors over from OFP. Mmmmm.

Sound replacement packs wont work with these since sounds are now defined in the config for each weapon rather than the magazine (as was the case in OFP) and since sound mods just re-path the location of the sound files for BIS addons to their own rather than overwriting the actual sound files, they won't so the same for user-made weapons.

As for converting the WMIKs and Warriors; the WIP vehicles UKF have for ArmA, already make significant improvements on the OFP releases. I know Messiah's pretty proud of the new WMIKs and looks at the old ones with some disdain in light of what he's done this time around and what he has planned feature-wise for them, so would be rather reluctant to let anyone convert them. I think Orson would probably speak similarly of the Warrior given that even the later beta versions for OFP looked miles better than the previous public release.

Sound replacement packs wont work with these since sounds are now defined in the config for each weapon rather than the magazine (as was the case in OFP) and since sound mods just re-path the location of the sound files for BIS addons to their own rather than overwriting the actual sound files, they won't so the same for user-made weapons.

As for converting the WMIKs and Warriors; the WIP vehicles UKF have for ArmA, already make significant improvements on the OFP releases. I know Messiah's pretty proud of the new WMIKs and looks at the old ones with some disdain in light of what he's done this time around and what he has planned feature-wise for them, so would be rather reluctant to let anyone convert them. I think Orson would probably speak similarly of the Warrior given that even the later beta versions for OFP looked miles better than the previous public release.

With regards to the weapon sounds, the Minime, GPMG and SA80 all use the same sounds as their equivalent US one. I use chammy's sound pack and the SA80 with stanag sounds the same, GPMG sounds like M240 and minime like an M249 with Chammy's. I don't understand why it's just the SA80 LSW that sounds different. Personally I love them with my sound mod.

As for the Warrior/WMIK - that's fair enough! I just can't wait to get both of these in game. The WIP of the landies I've seen look fantastic smile_o.gif

With regards to the weapon sounds, the Minime, GPMG and SA80 all use the same sounds as their equivalent US one. I use chammy's sound pack and the SA80 with stanag sounds the same, GPMG sounds like M240 and minime like an M249 with Chammy's. I don't understand why it's just the SA80 LSW that sounds different. Personally I love them with my sound mod.

Having a look at the config, seems that the only weapons where the firemodes and sound are defined for gunfire are the SA80s/LSWs (other than the ones that have unique UKF sounds like the L96s) and they are as I said, pathed to the default BIS sounds in weapons.pbo.

Having a look at the config, seems that the only weapons where the firemodes and sound are defined for gunfire are the SA80s/LSWs (other than the ones that have unique UKF sounds like the L96s) and they are as I said, pathed to the default BIS sounds in weapons.pbo.

The L85A2 is using the M16 sound for me, 'tis just the LSW using default sounds.

Anyway, thanks for explaining the reasons, I'm a complete noob when it comes to how addons are made.

Like da12th said, there will be no conversion of the wmiks or warriors, just entirely new stuff - trust me, its worth it.

the only reason for slacking our wishes not to convert ofp stuff, was because we acknowledge that while people wait for the new stuff, MP goes on and we at UKF play a hell of a lot of MP, so you can imagine we wanted some weapons rather sooner than our new stuff would arrive

as for your other concerns - to be honest, just use the Javelin in V mode or 3rd person tounge2.gif It's Earl's model, and I don't have the right to mess around with it... and to be honest the BIS one is better for looks and more optimized for ArmA

on a side note, and I'm not sure how well this was advertised, but the current classnames of the weapons will remain the same for the future UKF weapons pack, i.e. there will be no need to have to chuck out a load of missions because of non backwards compatability. Seemed to make sense.

Looks nice but why are the susat sights decagon while the sniper has a nice rounded scope?

Same with the the MG

LMG has octagon iron sights

While the GPMG has more believable round looking iron sight.

as for your other concerns - to be honest, just use the Javelin in V mode or 3rd person tounge2.gif It's Earl's model, and I don't have the right to mess around with it... and to be honest the BIS one is better for looks and more optimized for ArmA

That's fair enough if that is the case.

Our server does not allow 3rd person though, as we think it's a bit poo. It's not a big problem though, the Javelin is still easy to shoot as long as you don't move it too far either way once you're out of the 'V' sight. It's still one of my favourite things ever biggrin_o.gif

ah well, yes that does present a small problem then. It used to work in OFP, but now it doesn't, mainly because of anims and the such. I'm just chuffed that the UGL is still fairly accurate biggrin_o.gif

The LSW should have a higher rate of fire than the SA 80, i havent noticed a difference in the rate of fire.

Quote[/b] ]The LSW should have a higher rate of fire than the SA 80, i havent noticed a difference in the rate of fire.

No it shouldn't.

ah well, yes that does present a small problem then. It used to work in OFP, but now it doesn't, mainly because of anims and the such. I'm just chuffed that the UGL is still fairly accurate biggrin_o.gif

I can't tell you how much fun me and the guys have been having playing with British kit again. It's given ArmA a new life again for me. UGL sights are fantastic (unlike the M203 which is a pain in the arse when you're not using it) SUSAT looks a lot smoother and cleaner when looking down it and the BFA's make our training a lot more varied.

Good job to everyone who has anything to do with this release. Can't wait for the new stuff biggrin_o.gif

Fair point, jus looked up and apparently it has the same rate of fire, i misread something about giving "higher volumes of fire".

Eitherway, i dont really notice an ingame difference between the SA 80 and the LSW

BFA is great - Loved making that back in OFP. It's such a minor addition, but I guess its just the look of it that adds to training - It was initially made as a private thing for VCB to say thanks for all their beta testing, then it seemed a good idea to add it into the pack for the british squads.

shame I never made a GPMG with BFA

*adds to his ever growing 'to do' list*

The LSW 'should' be more accurate than the SA80 due to the longer and heavier barrel. Soul Catcher did all the conversion work and the code, so he'd know if he applied a greater accuracy to it or not

Fair point, jus looked up and apparently it has the same rate of fire, i misread something about giving "higher volumes of fire".

Eitherway, i dont really notice an ingame difference between the SA 80 and the LSW

An L86A2 is almost entirely the same as an L85A2. The differences are the extended barrel, bipod and handle on the butt of the weapon. It's longer barrel gives it a higher degree of accuracy at range, the bipod and handle giving it more stability for sustained fire.

Other than that, though, it's main feature is that it weighs more and is a pain in the backside.

Its a good weapon pack now, all we need is a slight retouch on the javelin and the LAW visuals, and maybe some fine tuning to bring the other weapons up to arma graphical standards and some sounds, would be awesome.

Its a good weapon pack now, all we need is a slight retouch on the javelin and the LAW visuals, and maybe some fine tuning to bring the other weapons up to arma graphical standards and some sounds, would be awesome.

not going to happen.

Quote[/b] ]These weapons are just placeholders for the time being until UKF release their eventual ArmA quality replacements

these are only ever intended as a temporary placeholder till such time as we release our new stuff, which will of course be at the ArmA standard

Oh rite, even better, dont mean to be an impatient, but is there some sort of vague release date for the new versions?

And would it be ok to perhaps edit these for personal use?

not entirely sure to be truthful for you - the new GPMG is complete, but the SA80's are still at the model stage - I'm not one for release dates, as they're easy to miss.

as for editing for personal use, thats fine, I'm glad you asked first. As long as its not released, sold, redistributed etc (the usual stuff). The LMG and Javelin you'll have to leave as is though, they're not mine to give or deny permission. Earl is the man you'd need to speak to, if he's still around.

Automatic fire with the LSW in the prone position should be more stable than that of the L85, this is to reflect extra stability given by the bipod on the LSW (albeit it's not modeled in the extended position).

I believe it's more accurate over longer ranges too as Messiah said.

thanks for all the comments and for bringing to light any bugs.

As i said i might make a slight update at some point in the future but im afraid i have no release date to give, it'll be done when/if its done.

The LSW does use a different recoil when in the prone position to account for the bipod etc. but it does not have an increased accuracy. this will/may be addressed if there is an update.

Ive made short video showing Javelin which comes with this weapon pack, to bad this javelin doest work properly but stil its pretty cool.

youtube

HQ version - 10 mb

CAF Mirror

P.S. Can I use the L96A1 model you have made so well in a MOD I am makeing for my sniper class?

Many thanks.

P.P.S If you need a mirror for any of your future mods, just ask.

Hey guys

I think you should add the M72 Law. Here is a pic of the brits using it.

I have a LAW tube here at home, but i have the older version. So if you decide to make it, i can give you some detailed pics.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3030/55780watchfulhrmx3.jpg

The Brits don't use the M72 anymore.

They use the NLAW and Javelin nowadays.