Sign in to follow this  
gunnyhighway

Existing maps and ammo crates

I have a problem to import existing maps from the game into the editor provided by Arma and being able to modify them with the editor. Then how do you introduce an ammo crate or a Farp from the editor into a map you are working on?...

I appreciate the answers that work!

Sincerely,

GHWY

Quote[/b] ]I have a problem to import existing maps from the game into the editor provided by Arma and being able to modify them with the editor.

You'll need the source files to edit a default ArmA map, Rahmadi is released as a sample map, doubt Sahrani will ever be released like that.

Quote[/b] ] Then how do you introduce an ammo crate or a Farp from the editor into a map you are working on?...

I appreciate the answers that work!

Why not just do it via the editor? I don't know but you might be able to do it through some script in V3.

thank you for the comment. I did not know. I could have search for a solution for ever.

What is V3?

V3 short for Visitor3.

Yes you can de-pbo Sara and edit it to some extent, but as far as something like changing the height map, making new cities and effectively editing the Sat/Mask maps, you would need the source files.

Quote[/b] ]how about editing map on Sarhani which were created by other players?

Gunny, it seems that you mix the word "map" meaning a mission (scenarios created in Mission Editor in game) with the map which means game terrain and which is subject to discussion in this part of forums. smile_o.gif

In such case, asnwers that work could be found in MISSION EDITING & SCRIPTING section. Regarding inserting ammo crates in mission editor, hit F1 to switch to adding units, double click, Side must "Empty", Class "Ammo", then you should be able to choose from several types of ammo boxes (Unit).

To edit someone else's mission, you need to unpack it (community PBO unpacking tools for OFP should do) and copy the mission folder (e.g. MyAssaultMission.Sara) to c:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\ArmA\missions\ folder. Then you should be able to load it in Mission Editor.