Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ET: Quake Wars demo

I think its quite cool, but I bet it would be alot better if they slowed down the movement speed and added some weight to the vehicles.

I'm absolutely blown away how smooth it runs with the graphics maxed out.

Yup is runs realy smooth, and i feel like a bloody noob for 1st time since years. tounge2.gif

i've downloaded and installed but not tested yet, but it feels like it could be better than bf and also a more original setting than bf too biggrin_o.gif humans vs some sort of aliens.

I actually like it more than BF (but I must admit I only played BF2142 and BF1).

This is mostly a result of me being a fan of the Quake series since I first played the first part way back (that must be like 10 years). I really like how they kept the Quake look and feel, it just plays like these games but yet it's just a copy of Battlefield.

Graphics and stuff are pretty nice too, maps seem to be made very well (if one is able to tell that from one map they included) and it's just more intense then BF.

//edit: But I must admit that these kind of games can only keep me addicted for a short period of time (like a few months) so I haven't decided if I'll be buying it.

Clavicula_nox4817:

Both, SP & MP.

I played it for a few minutes and didn't find anything special. Maybe I'm just tired of gaming and that genre, but I was hoping for some kind of revolutionary game play features.

I was actually contemplating downloading the demo. I've always hated Quake but for some reason thought, hell I'll give it a chance. Then I watched this video...

I'm sorry but it looks retarded. How come you run as fast as a speeding car? Also at about the 2:00 mark in the video the guy begins to hop non stop like a kangaroo on the moon. Also whats up with respawning? Every time the guy in the video gets killed he respawns falling from orbit into some little base, it looks stupid as hell.

Are games ever going to get more advanced or are they just going to keep remaking the same boring shit over and over again with new graphics?

Also why is it that in all FPS games you have a weapon stapled to the screen and the animation for running in every direction is the same as the forward animation? I give mad props to OFP for the fact that you don't have a gun stapled to the screen, instead you actually are looking out from the player model, it's a much more virtual feeling. That and even though the original animations in ofp were ugly at least they were different given the 9 directions you can move. Oh yeah and on foot you don't out sprint a cheeta in ofp like in most games.

I haven't seen a single game yet that gives me a reason to upgrade my PC. I can play all this crap on a 486 66MHZ.

*Rant Over*

With the low quality youtube video this looks like a BF2 mod ( or BF21xx whatever ).

Even all the containers and bases feel like BF2, i guess its really time for some new idea in this Genre.

I'm sorry but it looks retarded.

rofl.gif

I must say that I have lost my taste for this kind of run & gun multiplayer game. The more silly it gets, the faster I know I will grow tired of it.

Well, I must admit, having played BF1942 and mods, and having played RTCW:ET, I must say I very much like ETQW's game play, although I fear it may be a bit unbalanced (then again it might reflect realistically on how the humans lost so much against the Strogg, their infantry weapons are really good). Sure, the whole game is unrealistic, but damn, it's fun! And unlike the BF-series, in the Enemy Territory you build up your rank, and gain extra abilities, during the course of a few maps, and when it restarts, your counter goes back to zero, but how well you progress depends entirely on your commitment at the time, so it's not like you'll get pwned by some vet players who don't have anything better to do in their lives... I must say, from all the recent fun battlefield-type games, ETQW takes the crown! thumbs-up.gif

rofl.gif

I must say that I have lost my taste for this kind of run & gun multiplayer game. The more silly it gets, the faster I know I will grow tired of it.

What about Team Fortress 2?

Quote[/b] ]Are games ever going to get more advanced or are they just going to keep remaking the same boring shit over and over again with new graphics?

Its all about making money. Why would publishers want to take a risk with something new that might flop when they can just take an old formula that made money in the past, slap some top of the range graphics on it, and release it as a sequel.

I've yet to try ET:quake wars, going to d/l the demo some time soon! hopefully it'll surprise me.

rofl.gif

I must say that I have lost my taste for this kind of run & gun multiplayer game.  The more silly it gets, the faster I know I will grow tired of it.

What about Team Fortress 2?

Good point. With the fond memories of TFC and the ability to mod TF2 into the "realistic" version that was scrapped, it may hold promise for me.

I guess its all a matter of taste and preference, and right now its hit and miss for me.

I guess I'm just on a "realism" kick at the moment.

Got my copy pre-ordered.

Proabably I won't be buying multiple copies of this one like I did BF2.

Hopefully there will be some kind of offline LAN option. I think I read that they put some bots in after all.

For me this will be an insane amount of fun for a very short amount of time. I full expect to be bored of it within 100 hours of gameplay.

But it will be a good 100 hours.

I'll try and hold off on trying the demo a while longer.

I'm going to play it until I'm bored of it anyway.

Might as well save it for a bit longer.

i really like it over BF2, just because of the CTI feeling

oh about TF2, who do the voice for the trainer? they do sounds like somebody wow_o.gif

Just got the full version, and i can tell you this game is fun.

Maybe not for years like OFP was, but if you search for something entertaining till ArmA2, ET:QWs should be yours. yay.gif

i've downloaded and installed but not tested yet, but it feels like it could be better than bf and also a more original setting than bf too  biggrin_o.gif humans vs some sort of aliens.

Sounds JUST like Halo, which should've been a squad-based shooter, kinda like OFP thumbs-up.gif

I was actually contemplating downloading the demo. I've always hated Quake but for some reason thought, hell I'll give it a chance. Then I watched this video...

I'm sorry but it looks retarded. How come you run as fast as a speeding car? Also at about the 2:00 mark in the video the guy begins to hop non stop like a kangaroo on the moon. Also whats up with respawning? Every time the guy in the video gets killed he respawns falling from orbit into some little base, it looks stupid as hell.

Are games ever going to get more advanced or are they just going to keep remaking the same boring shit over and over again with new graphics?

Also why is it that in all FPS games you have a weapon stapled to the screen and the animation for running in every direction is the same as the forward animation? I give mad props to OFP for the fact that you don't have a gun stapled to the screen, instead you actually are looking out from the player model, it's a much more virtual feeling. That and even though the original animations in ofp were ugly at least they were different given the 9 directions you can move. Oh yeah and on foot you don't out sprint a cheeta in ofp like in most games.

I haven't seen a single game yet that gives me a reason to upgrade my PC. I can play all this crap on a 486 66MHZ.

*Rant Over*

66Mhz?

What do you play on? HTF do you run OFP at all? wink_o.gif

ET:QW has me playing online at least an hour a day, which is a surprise to me because i don't normally play FPS online at all with the exception of Arma.