Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Lawsuit against cheating scum?

I'm not a lawyer, but when someone is using software/hacks to slow down, or even stop a server from working.. this causes server downtime. Which ultimately costs server owners money. This is illegal. I advise that server owners come together, and threaten legal action against those of KFC.

Causing servers to crash, or forcing them to reset is illegal. This is virtual terrorism. IP addresses will need to be found, and ISP's will need to be contacted. Server admins/owners need to get together on this matter and make a plan for action. I'm just an admin who has no financial stake in this, but threatening legal action can stop this. If they want to take it to the next level, a class action lawsuit can be initiated, and the terms would ultimately force this KFC Mullah Omar, and Wesker to face the justice system. I advise server owners to start messaging each other and formulate a plan. Once the case is over, the case would have all legal fee's (including possible travel, lawyers, time compensation, and other misc. fee's paid in full by the defendants).

A case that suggests cheaters are ruining the experience of others, is (I believe) a open shut case as it (to date) has had no legal standing. But forcing servers to be shut down, reset, or have had experience down time because of the actions of certain individual(s) is illegal and they should be prosecuted.

This action will not only slow/halt the hacks being created for Armed Assault, but for ALL of KFC's hacks that cause server downtimes... and ultimately, people money. These games and their servers could ultimately be affected as this list is on KFC's website. So if you know anyone that is ether an admin, or server owner for any game in this list, they should be contacted, and this information carried over into other forums.

Quote[/b] ]---- Vietcong 1 & 2

---- Armed Assault

---- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

---- Battlefield 2/2142

---- Call of Juarez

---- Counter Strike: Source

---- WarRock

---- Americas Army

---- Call of Duty

---- Soldner: Secret Wars

---- Jedi Academy

---- Grand Theft Auto (MTA)

---- FIFA 07

---- SOCOM 3

---- Splinter Cell 3

=====================================

All Armed Assault players would really appreciate this tremendously. I understand that Armed Assault "is just a game", but when these KFC people are costing people money.. is when the gloves should come off and its no longer "just a game"..But only server admins who pay monthly for a server will have any credibility in a case such as this. Don't forget, this cheat can take YOU (The server owner) and knock you out of your own server as they take admin rights.

This could be potentially fixed by BIS (to a degree) one day... but until that day, we wont have any protection. In my opinion, it'll be very far off before we see anything successful, incorporated that stops 95% or more of the hacks. Some of those games in that list are protected by Punk Buster, and obviously that program hasn't stopped them dead in their tracks.

It doesn't matter that they have that disclaimer on their website. Thats just like saying, "I'm OJ Simpson, this website has pictures of me killing people, you cannot use this against me in court" and have that website not be used as evidence as proof of a murder. Just like KFC saying they cannot be brought to justice because everything beyond that main page is not permitted to be visited by those who seek information on them for essentially costing people a lot of money.

If your a armed assault player, refer the admins from any game in that list to this post... and have them have a look at it and perhaps start an initiative. Unless, something in this post has no standing and it gets locked. But what else is to be done about this problem? Nothing... Coming together and resolving this KFC issue isn't just for Armed Assault players, but for the hundreds of thousands of players included in that list above, and for the potential of thousands of wasted dollars on people hacking into their servers.

Hence my suggestion, if you want to keep the integrity of Armed Assault Alive, perhaps a server renter/owner/admin petition should be created to see who would be willing to talk to other admins about this issue and perhaps initiate this legal action.

er  ....this is giving them alot of attention and notoriety.

Isnt that what the lonelyboys crave??

Im sorry to say but I dont believe theres really any legal backing behind this since, what they are doing is allowed by the software itself.

i'm sure some of community are lawyers ...

so first step should be consulting with them ...

then with Your own lawyers (if You server hoster)

and lawyers of server hosting companies ...

"Peoples reactions are priceless. Why do people get so damn upset about it is what I'd like to know. There are bigger things in life is all I have to say to them."

UNQUOTE

Now the above is written by one of the KFC guys at some site. Reason why I do not give a link is because I see no reason to create even more PR for KFC then they already are getting.

What's going on in this thread and the other thread here is just what they like, and you just play in their hands.

Being active before with AON (America's Army anti cheat community), I'd say they had a far better way of dealing with same kind of destruction of Americas Army then this community is with this game. At least, no free advert could be seen.

Dwarden, if you are the same Dwarden who's also involved with America's Army, you should have a feeling of what I am talking about. Actually wanted to ask you if you are the same person, but simply forgotten since I have been lucky and managed to stay away from spoiled servers by crackers.

heh KFC, you just have to love them with their Polish version of OFP and ArmA.... rofl.gif

Also I remmeber recieving threating emails from them, lol rofl.gif That they know my IP, and they will beat me up, if I don't stop whining about their cheat pack . Guess what I'm still alive rofl.gif

"Peoples reactions are priceless. Why do people get so damn upset about it is what I'd like to know. There are bigger things in life is all I have to say to them."

Lol, and they don't have better things to do then to crash servers? because crashing server is too far..... People are from work or from school after long day, home and play the game to relax. While KFC comes in and ruins everything...

Heh, they're only making themselves feel better...

Anyways, this is interesting, but realisitically, I doubt anything can or will be done.

Another perfect example:

You have an electric bill... and some jerk at the electric company thinks its funny to randomly turn your electricity off once or more per day.. your paying for it..

This does have legal standing. I hope we do have a lawyer that's a regular in these forums so we can get this started.

edit: However a lawyer is not required to have server owners/renters/admins start talking to each other and coming to a consensus about what action to pursue.

Being active before with AON (America's Army anti cheat community), I'd say they had a far better way of dealing with same kind of destruction of Americas Army then this community is with this game. At least, no free advert could be seen.

Dwarden, if you are the same Dwarden who's also involved with America's Army, you should have a feeling of what I am talking about. Actually wanted to ask you if you are the same person, but simply forgotten since I have been lucky and managed to stay away from spoiled servers by crackers.

well i think my clear statement about PB usability (if done right) defines positive answer on that question smile_o.gif

Dwarden, beside your nick... The post about PB made me relate your nick to America's Army and where you're from.

The rest will come in PM.

anyway my option to Victor's post and this whole lawsuit agenda

first the attacker (e.g. crashing server or booting off admin) is always the person using the cheat ...

- crashing servers is definitely violation of law(sometimes more than one) in many countries

- booting off admin or preventing him to work on his server may be law breaking in several countries (this applies especially if the person is employee of hosting company or owner of the server)

there were cases already related to this (mainly in MMO sphere or initiated by hosting company)

about KFC site ...

you may maximally force them to take that part of code / software down but not rest

at least not until You find way how Your lawyers define cheating as 'financial' loss to company running these servers

if You are able to prove this then You may start to take actions against these players destructing gameplay (e.g. losses caused from cheater in some tournament event)...

also if cheater, cheating group or similar generate any profit from damage caused (this includes ads too) then You got some more fuel for lawyers ...

... confused_o.gif

This thread was a bad idea, even if the intention is good i would recomend merging this with the already existing thread.

I dont think much can be done.. Its like stabbing someone with a kitchen knife and taking legal action against the company that made the knife.. or poisoning someone with rat poison and taking action against the poison manufacturer crazy_o.gif .

Whatever they put together they can claim that its for their own personal use, in their game sessions or whatever. The user is the violator here, this means all the idiots that go around using their stuff..

Well my server is based in the UK, along with 90% of it's players and the Computer Misuse act certainly makes some clear statements on unauthorised modification of data (aka forcing unauthorised changes to the data on the server):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">(1) A person is guilty of an offence if—

(a) he does any act which causes an unauthorised modification of the contents of any computer; and

(b) at the time when he does the act he has the requisite intent and the requisite knowledge.

(2) For the purposes of subsection (1)(b) above the requisite intent is an intent to cause a modification of the contents of any computer and by so doing—

(a) to impair the operation of any computer;

(b) to prevent or hinder access to any program or data held in any computer; or

(c) to impair the operation of any such program or the reliability of any such data.

Spawning crap is certainly an unauthorised modification to the data currently being held on the server. And the intent is certainly to impair operation and prevent or hinder access (disabling user input, anyone?).

Of course, finding anyone to apply the law to what on the outside looks to be a very trivial matter, is another thing. And applying it to Americans is yet another thing. Where the KFC guys might be screwing up is that in the past, wallhacks and crap like that only modified their OWN data - These Arma hacks are making unauthorised changes to data held on OTHER machines.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1990/Ukpga_19900018_en_1.htm

Well the problem with that is. Disableing input and spawning things. Is apart of the game itself. Its because of the devs of the game, that they can do those things.

So they arent directly modifying data on the server threw hacking methods. Its threw scripts that is apart of the game.

Its going to be upto BIS to stop this. Legal action isnt going to get anywhere.

Another perfect example:

You have an electric bill... and some jerk at the electric company thinks its funny to randomly turn your electricity off once or more per day.. your paying for it..

(True Story)

Thats funny yesterday about noon I saw a guy in an orange jacket working at the network box next to my property a couple hours later I notice my phone doesn't work. After a phone call and about 19 hours my phone works again. with a phone call from Bob the repair guy telling me its fixed and I really don't plan on suing. Cheers Vic. confused_o.gif

This is a dead issue the only thing that should be done is BIS actually start to implement some sort of anti cheat weather it be PB or a central login to play or whatever.

Stop these guys and another group will show up to ruin your party.

Better answer is to control who comes to the party.

lawsuit is not the answer. Getting lawyers involved means years of legal fees with no guarantee of anything but that.

password your server if you want the best protection.

hooray for public gaming! oopps I cant get in. confused_o.gif

help.gif

Register your player ID number or CD Key on a Database at BIS to play online. No registration no online play. That way the Lentgthy generated ID's and duplicates would be prevented at source.

Register your player ID number or CD Key on a Database  at BIS to play online. No registration no online play. That way the Lentgthy  generated  ID's and duplicates would be prevented at source.

Thats the first decent suggestion Ive seen in a long while but then your gonna have to deal with what happens when that site goes down for maintenance, then no one would be able to play.

Sounds a bit like a gamespy IGN game where you have to sign on in the game just to get to multiplayer.

Register your player ID number or CD Key on a Database at BIS to play online. No registration no online play. That way the Lentgthy generated ID's and duplicates would be prevented at source.

Is'nt this something to the Battlefield 2 System? And also this is one of the first realistic solutions I've heard ... well done! smile_o.gif

Its a system used by many online games.

As for the system maintenence, id rather be unable to play for 2 hours while its being maintained than to be forced not to play publically at all.

Virtual Terrorism. lololol Put in Jail hahaha are you nuts? What kind of facist crap are you spouting Viktor? Just because someone is annoying your server doesn't mean it's terrorism. I'm sorry if this post is a bit flamey but come on. Kick, ban don't use addons and #userlist for 10 digits and ban them. All very simple and without the need to go all hitler by comparing server crahses and hackers to terrorists. Really.

disclaimer. I do not hack so please don't throw that in. I just felt compelled to comment.

soz for bad english

Virtual Terrorism.

disclaimer. I do not hack so please don't throw that in.  I just felt compelled to comment.

Yes that was a bit extreme except when it comes to locking one out of their own server. Now that just goes too far.

Come on now, your attitude suggest that no you dont hack according to how they describe what they do, but Im sure your a script kiddy.