Sign in to follow this  
Stewy

"Adult" style sigs

G'day guys,

Just a question that I was wanting to ask for a little while now - I love to check the forums at work - keep up with the latest in ArmA developments- all that sort of thing...

But I've noticed lately that there's a few member's sigs that have various parts of the female form in closeup and that can make it a little awkward to check at work (female co-workers walk by my computer, etc).

Now, please don't flame me - I love those images as much as the next man (maybe more!wink_o.gif - but for a discussion forum about a computer game/sim, are all the boobs and bums in sigs necessary? It just means another site that I can't check at work for fear of an 'adult' style image scrolling onto the screen, staying in my temp folder, etc.  (MP.net is going the same way with their daily pics threads - first it was never, then only Fridays, and now they mix them in any day)

I wrote this in the help to generate mature discussion - and respectfully request that perhaps sigs should have some link/relevance to ArmA, the military, etc...

What do you think?

Stew

Firefox + Adblock Plus.

With that you can "rightclick" on every picture and block it permanent.

I think that this prudish nonsense should be stopped immediately. It's ok to play a game with blood and gore where you shoot other people but not OK to see some human anatomy? Grow up.

Ignore them. They cant bitch at you because a hotter woman is showing her boobs off in a bikini. and 2nd - Its not your content you didnt put it there, if they really bring it up, simile- " its just some internet pervert "

rofl.gif

Stewy ..click "Your Control Panel" then click "Account Options" find

"Do you wish to view members signatures when reading threads?" and switch to "No" wink_o.gif

I see your dilema , but like the other guy says , on your work pc ,simply block images from all major sites such as imageshack and photobucket . failing that click your control panel in work and account options then

Do you wish to view members signatures when reading threads?

Do you wish to view images in posts, such as smilies and posted images?

Do you wish to view members avatars when reading threads?

Do you wish to get a pop up notification when you get a new private message?

i guess set these accordingly ?

Stewy ..click "Your Control Panel" then click "Account Options" find

"Do you wish to view members signatures when reading threads?" and switch to "No" wink_o.gif

Damn the server got hiccup... but now Stewy has the choice biggrin_o.gif

Stewy, you can disable the signatures and avatars from ikonboard:

Your Control Panel -> Account Options -> Do you wish to view members signatures when reading threads? and Do you wish to view members avatars when reading threads?

That is direct solution for your problem.

Edit: haha so I was the seventeenth guy to give you the same control panel help biggrin_o.gif

Personally I use "print topic" when I read this forum at work. Then it looks really dull and boring, so it seems work related wink_o.gif

Thanks for all your help re: the account settings - will block sigs.

Thanks wink_o.gif

i see 10yr old playing this game also its not nice also a lot of females on the forums too, is it oki for them to show naked men, i think not.. placebo is back he will deal with it.

i see 10yr old playing this game also its not nice also a lot of females on the forums too, is it oki for them to show naked men, i think not.. placebo is back he will deal with it.

Naked....

They women arent naked, there wearing something, aslong as they have a sock on, there classed as having clothing on rofl.gif

i see 10yr old playing this game also its not nice also a lot of females on the forums too, is it oki for them to show naked men, i think not..

Quel Horreur! A ten year old child seeing something on the internet that he would see on any beach on a sunny day! crazy_o.gif

As for the men thing, first off, the women in the sigs arent naked, so the naked men analogy doesnt really stand there. I dont really see the problem with half naked men/women in sigs, I mean, such images are everywhere - magazines, television, advertisement, films etc. If youre really prudish and dont like the sight of cleavage, muscular chests etc, turn off sigs or use adblock. I just dont think that 9/10 of ten are that bothered by it.

I remember somebody (Nephilim ?) posted pictures of a WIP human body model, it was a female body model, so it had breasts. Jesus titty-rooting Christ was there a lot of sooking and wowsering!

"THis is offensive!" Haha get serious. This is a forum for a game where we KILL people. Pictures of your fellow man, bleeding to death, having had his flesh ripped apart by high speed bullets, no worries. Some CG breasts? "AAAAAAAAArrrrgh no! How offensive!". rofl.gif

Sorry, not related to sigs I know.

Edit: I bet any women who might complain wouldn't think twice about reading Cosmopolitan at work crazy_o.gif

Check out this chick..

chick.png

smile_o.gif

Adblocker works well as suggested a few posts up... or perhaps some mods like Placebo will start to rule again with the righteous iron hand.

If you are at work, does not matter if you posted it or not. If you are looking at it and someone is offended by it, it is a form of harrasment. YEs it sucks, but that is the world we live in.

perhaps some mods like Placebo will start to rule again with the righteous iron hand.

Maybe, but that would be pure hypocrisy. He prefers to moderate naked after all. The more naked women here, the better.

Seriously...

I kinda understand Stewy though, there are always ppl who can't resist strolling right behind your working desk, staring at your screen and saying "sooo, you say that's a military game forum right?".

Discussions are the thing, not the signatures. So just disable them. Disable also avatars. You'll notice that it's much nicer to read the threads that way.

What happend to the logics in this world.

Offended person: O look a picture i am offended, <s>lets sue the guy</s>

um Could you please put that away.

Person behind pc: Sure *click click click* gone.

Or indeed use the simple solution to do your work at work and check the forums when you get back home.

and for the sig part I dont really care look along the road and you see the same.

If any of this sounds offensive it isnt ment like it.

The unknown

If you are at work, does not matter if you posted it or not. If you are looking at it and someone is offended by it, it is a form of harrasment. YEs it sucks, but that is the world we live in.

Where do you live? Nazi Germany? huh.gif

Where do you live? Nazi Germany? huh.gif

My guess is America icon_rolleyes.gif

But I understand you misstaken it for 1940's Germany much simularities rofl.gif