Sign in to follow this  
Somerville

Sahraniville Thread: UPDATED 04/09/07

Lol!

Get some women in there!!! You can't pimp without women.

witch servers are currently running with this?

and, more would be very welcome.gif

Can you make a server that's designed for more than 15 people my friends and I and we always though it would be so cool if the server could hold 30-40 people maybe even the full 64.

Also could you replace the default weapons with the RHS weapons (which are ten times better than the default)

A four hour day-night cycle would be cool too.

But besides these small thing your map is awesome just last night me and a friend started a drug cartel to secretly finance our ressistance movement in the works, we had a perfect plan and we even had the sahraniville 'president' secretly on our side while he gave false information to the police. The police also made going into ramadhi illeagle so you can imagine how fun it was trying to sneak into ramhadi trying to get as many AKs as we could. It also didnt help that the police were very well organized they set up roadblocks stopped all cars and if we had anything besides a pistol in our car we would be arrested (so you can imagine how nervous we were driveing and flying with 12+ AK-74s in our choppers and cars.

The amount of players is because of the map. The problem is (acording to somer) it takes changeing over 500 scripts to even add 1 more player.

The amount of players is because of the map. The problem is (acording to somer) it takes changeing over 500 scripts to even add 1 more player.

I don't know much about programming complicated missions but I can't think of any reasons to why it takes so much work to add a few more player slots so can someone please explain it to me.

Learn scripting then you will see tounge2.gif

I like SahraniVille the way it is with 15 players. Because... This mission can go on for hours and hours... Now if you have 60 people playing, spawning cars/objects, destroying buildings THEN you have all the scripts running. I doubt any server would be able to handle it.

All the mission needs is some tweaks here and there, maybe some more options to keep the roleplaying flowing smoothly without it turning into a TDM. Even adding more addons once released.

Have you opened up Crime City for OFP? Just to have a quick look into what stuff they had... Like dealing weed, going to Cuba, universities, maybe giving the play the ability to turn his hideout into a fortress? Or giving them options on what types of buildings they wish to build?

It would also be nice if the officers could have an option to open the gates in the prison, instead of having to go all the way just to let someone out, also disable users input so they can't cheat and respawn to get out of jail.

Also with objects, can you make it so they get deleted after a certain amount of time if not being used? most of the time, you end up with 10000000 skodas in one spot.

Another thing lol... The police need more protection. Civilians can easily own the police, maybe add a couple armoured units? Just so the Civ's know they mean business.

What about allowing the police to build a hut/station, or small lookout tower? just like the civ's build their hideouts?

What about allowing better search abilities, meaning they can see all of the players stats?

What about having universities, so players can learn certain skills like ermm... Engineering? Allowing them to repair vehicles?

What about making the civ marker change colour if they commit a crime? The marker can change to different types, depending on what crime they committed?

What about allowing the police to issue bounties on other civs only if they have committed a crime, then after they get a cash reward?

What about letting the police deploy A.I to guard certain hot spots?

What if, the police had to get a warrent to enter your hideout?

Sorry about all the what abouts, and what ifs lol... I'm not asking for all of these, just thought you would like some more ideas. Some of which may have been raised already and others might not have.

Anyways keep up the good work!!

@Noraf... Deviant Wing have SahraniVille running 24/7, so do a couple other servers, just enter "Sahrani" in the filter then hit search! wink_o.gif

It would be cool if the civilians could hire AI bodyguards and the cops could ask for AI partners.

I just found out I was banned from the Deviant Wing server for advertising some clan I was part of. I just wanted to say that I did nothing of the sort and these false accusations of me doing these things are completely unjust. I did not advertise in any way shape or form the IC tournament I'm part of I would ask like to ask to be 'unbanned' from the server. You can understand my frustration when I'm banned from an extremely fun map and when that server is the ONLY server running that map. I didn't even get a warning before being banned.

The reason you was banned is because I was informed that you or one of your fellow members was advertising. One rule is that you don't advertise on any server that is not yours, whatever the reason. I shouldn't have to make that a sticky, its common sense as you wouldn't appreciate other clans advertising on your server. Because of this, I have/will ban all [sF] members.

If you wish to carrying on talking about this, please use our forums. I don't want to hijack the topic.

Thanks.

The reason you was banned is because I was informed that you or one of your fellow members was advertising. One rule is that you don't advertise on any server that is not yours, whatever the reason. I shouldn't have to make that a sticky, its common sense as you wouldn't appreciate other clans advertising on your server. Because of this, I have/will ban all [sF] members.

If you wish to carrying on talking about this, please use our forums. I don't want to hijack the topic.

Thanks.

This will be my last post on this topic then, I will say that these accusations are completely false we did not advertise the SF in any way. and it is extremely unfair that you banned us without a shred of proof. If this ban is justified then I would like to see a screenshot proving this. Also if the ban still stays only ban me, don't make the rest of the SF members suffer please.

I wasn't referring to you only, it was aimed at all of you. I don't need a screenshot as proof, because it was one of our members that told me.

We don't ban for fun, otherwise there wouldn't be any more players. I trust all the members in |D:W|, otherwise they wouldn't be there.

I was the one that made the decision on banning SF, on the reason for disrespecting our server. You have all these lovely forums to make your advertisements, don't use other clans servers.

Hopefully everything goes back on topic now.....

Guys loving Sahraniville!

I think its been said before but could you put in maybe some shops where you can work or build...

Could you also make it so people can appeal a arrest and get let out before mins?

Could you do a reskin of Gnats Piper warrior as a police aircraft or just put it in a civilian?

could you make a place where people can repair there cars because the police often refuse to let people repair there cars which is a pain...

Could you give the police a Stryker mith m2 maybe?

would it be posible for people to decide what they looked like? maybe ahve a intro screen where you select where you want to start or what your person looks like?

Could you also make a race track so people can race without the cops puling them over, ive tried setting this up a few times on the airbase and it seems popular but the police often attack.

could you add the civilian allouet because shes a fine chopper but you can only fly her as police wich is a bummer.

also could you change the weapon cahe so they are more milita type wepons, I.E. Aks and RPG's

Also could you include th attack satchel to vehicle addon/script to add some fun.

Maybe strenthen up the road block or make it so police can deploy a checkpoint.

also a bus/taxi service would be great, so you pay say £10 to go to the next city/town and pay more to go to somewhere further away.

also maybe make a few side missions kind of like evolution, but for police and civi's

also could you add more motos or just get rid of it because with 1 motorbike they aint really that much point.

also i seem to rember you can spawn a green cuda, wich is a pain because its my fav one wink_o.gif

also make it so you have to go to the airfield to buy an air licence and have to do test before you get a licence becasue else you get all the idiots who kamikaze just because they cant fly.

also could you make it so you can go rabbit hunting and for every rabbit you kill you get a certain amount of money depending if its big or small.

any great work guys! im addicted!

also can you add a working church with a vicar for I have sinned

i do like that idea!

or maybe it should be : Amen to that yay.gif

Well bambam here.

Told i should post my ideas and as i have some time i shall! notworthy.gif

Well i havnt nor can be bothered to read through every page that would just make me fall asleep and id wake up in pain so meh.

----------

My ideas

----------

Bus

- Easier to transport people and also ads bit of fun for others for "realism" ie earn money when you are driving if possible.

Taxi

- Well as again its just abit of fun for people and i have made skin while back so here it is. (let me know if you want to use it and il pm it you)

taximi0.png

GET RID OF THE CUDAS or change armor damage so they arnt as strong as the Challenger 2 tanks.

Truck (that one with the trailer thats not been released)

-Well the mack truck is fun thing to drive and the trailer that was made for it would be awsome to transport goods (Drugs guns etc etc etc (etc))

Actual Drug Packets

-Somthing you can see and so can police say if you get caught.

New prison

-There is a prison in a valley not far from the airport place on the east (forgot name)  its a long road that leads to it would be cool.

-Also put a car dealership near the prison but only allow crappy car to be bought (poor side of island you see)

Prison Time

-After say 10mins (sort but in game takes forever) you get transported auto to outside of the prison so you can make your way back or get picked up.

Heli's and Hummers etc

- Get rid of the fat ones and also let police choose either police sedan, Ambulance or police aulette (cant remember how to spell that)

Guns

- Get rid gun cache on that hill.  Stingers and crap? its annoying.

Police

- They should only have mp5 and pistol.  Not sniper rifle STingers etc.

Planes

-Need a couple of cessna's to fly long distance or somthing for abit of fun.  Maybe alow use to purchase at Main airport for like 100,000 (I know but its a plane)

President role

-Maybe a civ to go president.  Tried it was fun. Obviously he would have to look the part so maybe the patch after next.

Hideouts

-Maybe change to "House" more sound that way and police havnt a reason to raid it all time then.

-Also maybe abilty to buy houses although might take abit of work to do.

Well thats all i can think of for now and prob plenty more where that came from.

Cant wait for next patch.

-bambam

crazy_o.gif  rofl.gif

I agree, use the pistol pack, then have all the more powerful weapons like Ak's, SVD's etc... on Rahmadi. Because aren't this weapons illegal anyway?

@killerbambam

-A bus or some kind of transportation is a great idea I hate when my car breaks down in somato or some city and I'm stranded.

-They plan on putting actual drug packets in the game

-I think prison time is perfect right now if there is no real punishment in going to prison everyone will just break the law

-They're adding planes in the game already too

-A president would be cool

I would say the hideout is great but make it so that the door can be locked, and the only person that can unlock it is the person who bought it just like the car script you guys have in there. So that the nosey police cant just Raid your house because they dont like your carpet.

Thanks for your suggestions. Here is what we are currently working on.

* Dialog system replacing most store menu's.

* WIP - Cash is actually magazine slots for civilians. This will encourage you to bank your money more often, will also let you give cash to people easier (by dropping it or putting it in a vehicle). Cocain is also a magazine slot, so you can hide it in vehicles etc. Current problem with paying with it at the moment, will keep you updated.

* As I can remember (need to double check) that the police station has been moved to Corazol and the police station is next to it. Far to many cops arrest, then dont bother releasing the criminals after they have done time.

* Piper Warrior to be in next version.

* Airfield is for public use.

Just to let you guys know, we are happy to accept new members into our mod team you feel can contribute in any way. We have a new texture artist who is keen to start work, however we have no models for him to properly texture. Either PM me or Somerville here, or contact us on our forum and we'll get back to you.

On behalf of the mod team, thanks for your large interest in this map. It's got some problems and we had nightmares people would stop playing unless we fixed it soon, but we was wrong! tounge2.gif

I will be setting this up on our dedicated, if you see it on there good for you, if you dont tough luck check in again to see if its selected as the mission.

Somerville has informed me of a rough estimate of about a fortnight (2 weeks). Lets see how smoothly it goes...

Just to let you know, that Taxi texture BamBam posted above is now a working vehicle.