Sign in to follow this  
Somerville

Sahraniville Thread: UPDATED 04/09/07

Suggestion:

Installing a police caommander which gets more infos and who can direct the cop force should help to establish an organized Police.

Hi guys.

@Sarahaniville dev:

WE MUST include this sccript in your mission!!!!!!!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2135

with it , we can holster our pistol. it is really simple to implemented (1 scritp, 1 declare) and really simple to use for player !!!i just test it , A MUST HA-VE

ps: i'm running a session in order to see if it's fully compatible.

ah yes a hoister script we have always had this annoying feeling about having a handgun as you always seem to have it pointing at civis head as you talk to them

will notify somerville

thanks smile_o.gif

You guys might want to add a better briefing and explain how to play. Kinda sux when we get 10 people on the mission and none of them know what to do.

So it would be great if you added some notes or some info in the briefing so people can find out how to do everything and how Role Playing works..

Possibly add some guidelines for laws in the briefing as well. Im not saying make a list of laws saying dont go over 45 mph/kph.  I would just put something saying, if you kill, rob, or sell drugs you might get in trouble. (Im not a great cop so if anyone else has some better ideas)

by the way. where can we get the latest version? I just have 6.05B. and im not sure if this is the newest one. I sure hope not theres alota bugs lol

Nice mission, but it needs a heavy admin presence to make sure it runs as a proper RP game and not just a wild game of cops and robbers.

Quote[/b] ]by the way. where can we get the latest version? I just have 6.05B. and im not sure if this is the newest one. I sure hope not theres alota bugs lol

we got 6.10 on -{GOL}-'s sahrani server you will find the latest version on here just filiter "gol" and ull find it

Quote[/b] ]So it would be great if you added some notes or some info in the briefing so people can find out how to do everything and how Role Playing works

point taken will inform somer but for now on the -{GOL}- fourms all the laws are displayed

Here

hopefully thatll sort everything out for now smile_o.gif

Great News GOL! love the holister menu.

I have a Sahraniville dedicated server up and running in the US

=SF= 24/7 Sahraniville ROLEPLAY IP:66.225.194.220:2302 running version6.10

Once again thanks for a kick ass mod!

I had a quick play and enjoyed is mostly. But I feel civs need more incentives to follow a law abiding lifestyle, and the police need more incentives not to just shoot civs.

For the civ incentive, perhaps have some kind of political system where you can run for mayor in each city? Make this option only available to people with driving licences and who haven't done something illegal in the past 30 minutes. There could also be a business route open, such as buying various businesses and building an empire, thats only open to law abiding citizens...

For the cops, perhaps introduce a small rank structure - making powerful weapons and choppers only available to rank 2 and above cops. You'd gain rank by performing a couplf of valid arrests and shootings, lose rank by shooting/arresting innocents. The server would of course have to keep track of who actually was a criminal. The scripting power is out there to do that, it's just very complex wink_o.gif

Most fun i've had in Arma yet, it comes with its share of bugs but its beta so I won't complain. The new 6.10 version is great and I've had lots of fun in the GOL server.

My main concern is that it quickly turns into "Kill all the cops" or "Arrest all the civilians". I agree with what Deady says, both sides could use some incentives to 'play right'. Cops on powertrips and Civs randomly killing cops becomes boring.

Yeah trini, we started an other scenario last night might remember? Hagai, Yevad, Black & me were running a cocaine cartell and have some political activities (sended hitmen to get rid of new police chief....).

Yah al Simmons... I was there too..... Hagai....didnt seem like he was going for the roleplay..

but yes,

Admin presence, is very neccessary.

and new handguns and rifles! biggrin_o.gif

Yea Al that was a good game, always nice to play with yourself, Black and Yevad biggrin_o.gif

I have to say though, the most fun I have ever had in Arma was the hostage situation that Kerry described earlier. Especially the car chase at the end yay.gifyay.gif

Yea Al that was a good game, always nice to play with yourself, Black and Yevad biggrin_o.gif

I have to say though, the most fun I have ever had in Arma was the hostage situation that Kerry described earlier. Especially the car chase at the end  yay.gif  yay.gif

biggrin_o.gif

whats your name in game dude?

But yah...that was some awesome fun! biggrin_o.gif

if we can get some handgun addons and cooler cars and stuffi nto game itle be SICK!

btw, I remember seing some converted GTA low riders. smile_o.gif

those would be kool to have!

nice to see you guys are enjoying just to let u know weve enabled 3rd person and adjusted the votes required for admin etc to make the game experence of sahraniville better on the -{GOL}- Sahranivlle server

again if u dont know how to find it you can just filiter "gol" and ull find it smile_o.gif

Work will continue on the map and a new version is underway

hey guys, i was playing this the other night i must say its extreamly fun! although there where a few bugs here and there, mainly bug'd action menus not showing up when around the flag at certain places. (especially at the 'pimp'n' place)

Another thing i disliked was the use of the ENTIRE island. After a while it does get annoying to have to travel to far away places just to buy things and such. I didn't even bother going to north side of island with the gambling and that. Although i do understand if there are others out there who like the use of entire island.

Maybe in the future you could make a version of sahraniville with a smaller playing area? No big over haul really, just make every thing closer together, like in the limits of one city and one or two surrounding towns. This also be more fun when less players are online too.

One last thing i didn't like was the civilian tracking. If i understand correctly the cops can see roughly where all the civs on the island are at any time, sure its not real time tracking but i still feel its a bit unfair, certainly for people who want to role play being guerilla militants etc..

Maybe the police should only be able to track civs within a certain area around them. The area should be increased when in choppers. Maybe the cops could also set up 'CCTV' which would have a small area around it which would also track civs in range.Then cops could set up CCTV around banks and things too so they know what civ it was that robed the bank etc..

Quote[/b] ]One last thing i didn't like was the civilian tracking. If i understand correctly the cops can see roughly where all the civs on the island are at any time, sure its not real time tracking but i still feel its a bit unfair, certainly for people who want to role play being guerilla militants etc..

removing the civi tracking is 100% out of the question as it would be impossible for cops to find any civis whatsoever and do bear in mind the civi markers update after every 2-3 mins so its not a live indicator

I love Sahraniville.

Played it for only two times but its great smile_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Wouldn't something like a Clothes store, where you can buy "Clothes-Kits" be possible?

For example: Get military dress -> Swap Player Model with another Civie model or so which has for example woodland camo clothes?

That'd be funny biggrin_o.gif

that would also work good for undercover police missions:) maybe when someone robs a bank the police get a message bout it. and the civis robbing the bank automatics dawn the bank robber reskin

I know thats far reached but would be cool:)

Quote[/b] ]One last thing i didn't like was the civilian tracking. If i understand correctly the cops can see roughly where all the civs on the island are at any time, sure its not real time tracking but i still feel its a bit unfair, certainly for people who want to role play being guerilla militants etc..

removing the civi tracking is 100% out of the question as it would be impossible for cops to find any civis whatsoever and do bear in mind the civi markers update after every 2-3 mins so its not a live indicator

Well i didn't suggest removing it completely, just cops could only track civs within a certain area around them. instead of the entire island. Would encourage cops to patrol, and give civ's a chance to escape or evade cops, instead of the cops knowing there rough location every 2-3 mins no matter where they are on the island. The area around them from which they could track civs would have to be tested to get a good balance, not too small that cops have a hard time catchin crooks, but not too big that crooks have a too hard a time to loose the cops. Police choppers should increase the tracking range of the cops to a very large area also.

So just like real life, got a police chopper on you = literally no chance of escape.

Also another suggestion, i would like to see more things to do on Rahmadi instead of just a gun shop. Maybe a bank (unrobbable of course) and a larger selection of weapons maybe, also maybe a coke farm or something.

Oh, another problem is, that if some power hungry ass gets voted admin, whenever he dies, he kicks that person and tells them to "roleplay".....

the other night a voted admin was CONSTANTLY whining. sad_o.gif

thats why i keep voteing off, the only person that should kick/ ban is the Admin of the clan/squad server itself

Also is there any way to make it a persistant server so people cant constantly restart the mission. Its quite annoying when you have worked hard at an honest job and earned a large amount and then some gang of crooks wants to restart- for whatever reason.