Sign in to follow this  
tirramissu

Can't access forums

Hello! I guess it's the right place for this topic.

I can't access BI forums from 91.76.0.0/14. This IPs are dynamical in most cases. Are they banned on forum?

It's quite 'uncomfortable' to read this forums from work and can lead to various kinds of troubles.

// tirramissu

funny you say that...

since last week my proxy has no access anymore. i reported but they said it wasnt their doing.

Can't say that's funny, those IPs are blocked on forum, and I'm not using any proxy servers.

Administrators, hello?

it seems that it has nothing to do with our proxy software.

i just checked from a new proxy, which i just set up.

this new proxy works for me now. but there are more people with problems getting to the forums.

tirramissu

The IP range you mentioned is indeed banned here, no idea why or who set the ban.

That's all the information I can give you right now though. Should I get more infos I let you know.

The IP range you mentioned is indeed banned here, no idea why or who set the ban.

That's all the information I can give you right now though. Should I get more infos I let you know.

Thank you for reply, I hope you will take corresponding actions.

This forum has been around for years now, and there may be a few bans which may not have any reason with it. The staff member who added the ban may no longer work on the forums, therefore making it difficult for them to find a reason. They may not want to unblock it since it could have been for a very serious reason.

Hi All

BIS's Server BIS's Rules Nuff said.

Kind Regards walker

This forum has been around for years now, and there may be a few bans which may not have any reason with it. The staff member who added the ban may no longer work on the forums, therefore making it difficult for them to find a reason. They may not want to unblock it since it could have been for a very serious reason.

So, they don't care about me as a user?

Oh, really, why should they...

Hi All

BIS's Server BIS's Rules Nuff said.

Kind Regards walker

According to the "Forum Rules" topic, I have not violated any of described paragraphs, but IPs which are assigned for me by my provider are banned, the reason of ban is not announced.

So I suppose removal of ban from one of the most spreaded provider of my city should be performed, otherwise this is discrimination of my rights by geographical location and racial discrimination which brings to account in all European countries.

otherwise this is discrimination of my rights by geographical location and racial discrimination

One would first need to know your race in order to racially discriminate against you, would one not?

All it would have taken was a PM to me asking me to look into the issue, which I shall do before any more of your human rights are apparently stamped on wink_o.gif

PM sent, sorry. I haven't seen any available information regarding the administrators nor moderators who supposed to resolve similar issues.

In fact, domain names are assigned to the companies or countries. I've seen (I wish I haven't) people to can hate other people only by knowing their place of birth.

PS: Besides, there is a huge amount of portals/sites, which have permanent firewall reject rules according to national criteria (IP addresses assigned to selected countries). Information war? mad_o.gif

o7 Placebo smile_o.gif

Ok I've identified why that range was banned, it was linked to a number of spambots (we have a huge problem with Russian based spambots on these forums), generally what happens is if we see a number of spambots coming from a certain range we search the forum database to see if any genuine forum members are in that range, if not we will ban the range, probably you weren't listed in that IP range at the time as your account is so new.

I've now removed that range from our banlist, any further problems logging in please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

I'll close this thread now as it has served its purpose smile_o.gif