Sign in to follow this  
bigdog632

1.09 question

my only gripe right now patchwise may not be BIS problem but the 8800 issue is rather annoying

if its BIS problem i hope to <insert deity here> that 1.09 fixes it if its a diver issue i hope to <insert deity here> that the responsible parties fix it SOON

Due to it being driver issue that is the resonsibility of the manufacturer of the card. I believe however there was a patch given for the Geforce 8800, check their website is all I can say.

That brings me to another point, why are infantry controls so different from OFP (They do the same thing, but have totally different control layouts) and where is my "haul ass" key?

It is because we wanted to implement some more functionality than was present in OFP (most of all leaning, and improved control over crouching and walking), and this forced us to change the layout siginificantly.

Oh yeah...I keep forgetting about lean functionality, really old habits die hard I guess.

I suppose that does take up a minimum of two keys. Hrm...I can't recall using A and D for anything recently... Time for a possible rebinding...

Quote[/b] ]..I'm starting to feel that way. Beyond the graphics (which I have set to low due to the lack of stability), what is the advantage playing ArmA? It's starting to feel like a step-back. 1.96 OFP with SebNam\FFUR is looking mighty attractive..

[*] Many more units on the field possible than OFP

[*] Larger Islands

[*] More detailed Islands in terms of heights/depts etc.

[*] Insects

[*] More proper swimming (without need of an invisible vehicle)

[*] More and better control options (e.g. push a key twice for different actions)

[*] Leaning by default

[*] HDR-lighting (not speaking about the graphical improved, but the tactical one)

[*] Voicechat on Sockets

[*] Support of displays

[*] Better (more expanded), faster and more optimized scripting language

[*] FSM for AI

[*] More flexible configs

I should have included a disclaimer in my post that I actually play the game and am fully aware of the new features, yet regardless, feel the way I do.

A fan has a right to voice his perception of where the game is without being slapped down with a feature list. wink_o.gif

Sorry if this has already been discussed... in weapons3.pbo there are some pics of weapons BIS probably wanted to include in the 1.08 patch, but didn't add them for some reason:

AKM

(X)M8 mini-pack

two shotguns

m1911

and 2 Bizons

Wouldn't that be nice if they were added to 1.09?.. whistle.gif

Sorry if this has already been discussed... in weapons3.pbo there are some pics of weapons BIS probably wanted to include in the 1.08 patch, but didn't add them for some reason:

AKM

(X)M8 mini-pack

two shotguns

m1911

and 2 Bizons

Wouldn't that be nice if they were added to 1.09?..   whistle.gif

The SPG-9 (Kopye) 73 mm recoilless gun? huh.gif

ARMA official page

The static version will be good for defence or ambushing! smile_o.gif

Patch number is purely up to BIS and means absolutely nothing content-wise.

Would you feel better if it was called 1.9 and not 1.09 ?

Next, people will say Arma 2 should be called Arma 1.5...

you must be a genius, knowing that patch numbers are up to bis!

I will ask BI if they will make a special .exe just for you with '1.50' in it if that makes you feel any better? icon_rolleyes.gif

a real question:

how will distributed the new patch? i mean: a goty edition like for ofp (Arma (1.09?)+Queen's gambit (1.09?))?

i'm really interested to buy again Arma. So, that would be really great to have all in one. smile_o.gif

if this info is already available. then sorry i missed it.

new info on the patch

Quote[/b] ]Patch Plans

We prepare a patch for ArmA, which will hopefully be released in one or two months. Currently we plan to contain following fixes or improvements:

* Some AI detection fixes

* Fixed fog on DX 10 cards

* Fixed anti-cheat signature timeout

* Added some additional anti-cheat measures

* More reliable VON

* Fixed CTD when resuming from a save in large and/or script intensive missions

* Fixed spontaneous death while driving a motorcycle in MP

* Fixed AI soldier can't fire behind the sandbags

* Fixed compatility problems caused by various copy protections uses

The patch will be completely independent on Queens Gambit, which will be running on 1.08, and no release data for this patch is set yet but we intend to first release it as public beta 1.09 before final release will be made available.

source http://www.bistudio.com/

you must be a genius, knowing that patch numbers are up to bis!

Way to miss the point. He was saying that the patch numbers are arbitrary. They can call any patch anything. Saying that they should be up to 1.5 now is sort of pointless considering that they could call 1.09 1.5 if they so wished.

Nothing about DX10 cards and the crashes... well, that's the death warrent on arma for me. Guess it's back to pong.

after almost a year, arma should be at 1.50, not at 1.09

1 bug doesnt equal .01.. Before patch 108 I read that there were over 500 bug fixes so far so version numbers really dont matter.

Nothing about DX10 cards and the crashes... well, that's the death warrent on arma for me. Guess it's back to pong.

its a short list there WILL be more added.

Edit:- My bad sorry.

peformance,performance!! i hope they can make this game run smoother in the next patchj aswell....Do you need to buy arma:Queen gabit to play with the people who do??

never mind that is most lickly a yes...

"The patch will be completely independent on Queens Gambit, which will be running on 1.08, and no release data for this patch is set yet but we intend to first release it as public beta 1.09 before final release will be made available."

It's on the BIS site.

and DirectX10 support? are you kidding? why would they include that for a DirectX9 game?

Nobody said dx10 support, but optimization for dx10 cards.

its a short list there WILL be more added.

and DirectX10 support? are you kidding? why would they include that for a DirectX9 game?

Way to take my words out of context. I never said support. I said card.. I have a DX10 card... A physical, 11.5 inch piece of hardware that takes a large weight from the CPU.

In this particular instance: The DX10 Card: 8800GTX.