Sign in to follow this  
Goodspeed

Just a simple question to bis

Today I saw new site and read story of new campaign... And you know, I am disappointed...

You've made Soviet side bad againe... They murder civilians, grasp cities, burn villages... Right? Dont you tired to do this? It is already hackneyed and boring script and if to speak fairly, you have touched...

I need just 1 answer from BIS: why? You did not have any more ideas? Or it was made meaningly?

2 all. Please do not flame here.

The only one who's flaming is you. What's the problem. They'll make more russian vehicles this way and it doesn't bother me anyway.

And there's something else. There were russian officers who didn't like the new goverment and some of them resisted. And the story takes place close to Everon, Malden and Kolgujev. We all know that Guba's place is on Kolgujev.

Why would the Americans attack the island? Why?. And Guba does not respect russian goverment. Russia is not bad, Guba and his people are bad.

Indeed...and the fact that the campaign is based on the same conflict, is because it's based in the same OFP universe as the OFP1985 and RH campaigns.

You dont hear anyone complaining about the fact that the Brotherhood of NOD are the badguys once again in Renegade, do you?

ive never even heard anyone complain about the nazis in this way and ive played tons of WW II games.....

Show me even 1 game where Russian looked good?

Show me even 1 conflict similar to the companies of 1985? In a history of the USSR there were no such generals like Guba.

Flame is started and I still have not heard the answer from the BIS. If not difficultly explain your position please.

P.S. I see that this topic is loosing sence. Be better if you close it. If developers will consider necessary to answer - they will make it.

Thank you for attention. confused.gif

Look pal, BIS is located in the Czech Republic, so they have every reason to dislike the Soviet Union. Just remember the uprising in Prague in....1954? Or was it in the 60's? In any case, Soviet tanks marched through Prague and killed LOTS of civilians. So please don't tell me that the Soviet Union has NOT murdered civilians. And they were basically on the front line (Czech Republic borders Germany....very volatile position).

To be quite honest, Guba and him attacking Everon and Malden sounds like the Central Committee deciding to attack Afghanistan.............play through the campaigns and decide on that...

May I also point out that the Soviet Union delivered TONS and TONS of weapons to African countries and started wars that engulfed half of the African continent!

I am not American, nor am I favouring the American side, I think they are both dickheads, and neither deserves the right to be called angels or something. Both have blood on their hands.

hmm lets see boyo. Czechs seek to be free of soviet communism in '68. Soviets disagree and invade. I call this justifiable payback.

EDIT First off this is a pro czech message, I pride myself as being quite Anti- communist fuck you very much. If you really want to get super technical the Soviet union is quite well know for using violence against civilians. Recently during the break-up of the Soviet Union in places like Latvia, Chechnia, Armenia, Azerbaijian. If BIS wants to portray communists as being Evil Baby killers then thats there right and I will always support them. END EDIT

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blink Dog @ Feb. 22 2002,21:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm lets see boyo. Czechs seek to be free of soviet communism in '68. Soviets disagree and invade. I call this justifiable payback.<span id='postcolor'>

The slaugher of civilians by the military, and more precisely tank divisions, is not "justifyable payback" in the civilized world....at least not in Europe mad.gif

I wanna see you have the balls to say that to someone who survived Prague mad.gif

I also wanna see you have the balls to say that to someone that survived the "Polytec incident" in Athens in '72 mad.gif

I hope that it doesnt revenge. But if it does - it can be understood, people allways remember only bad...

Still i think goodspeed has a point.

And comparing russia with nazis isn t also comparing apples with apples.

BTW, if it wasn t for russia Berlin wouldn t have fallen so quick in WW II, so they are allowed to be the good guyz ... once tounge.gif

No i m not russian, nor am i an american.

Still if BIS would be always making russia the bad guy, why would they have made Red Hammer ?? They are not the bad guyz in it ? Or are they, grrrrrrr, have had it for over a month, time to begin the campaign i guess ...

But 60 years ago russia was different, it was different 11 years ago.

Thats just as bad as calling all germans Nazis becuase of something that happened decades ago sad.gif

lol guys...

i liked this one especially: "Look pal, BIS is located in the Czech Republic, so they have every reason to dislike the Soviet Union"

what do u mean by "Soviet Union"? do u include me in the hated category (i'm russian)? for your information, "Soviet Union" was a country. that means, USSR = government + people + territory. if you say that someone has every reason to dislike me - i would very much like to know more about those reasons...

ex-ronin, this topic is really interesting to me. and i (im sure im not alone) would appreciate it very much if you didn't start the flame here, cuz that would get it closed down smile.gif

some things u say are offending. be aware of that, please.

i have nothing against Russia or America. They're living the way they want. I hate people who're saying that some country sucks or something like that. I like all countries.

I am not American, nor am I favouring the American side, I think they are both dickheads, and neither deserves the right to be called angels or something. Both have blood on their hands.

If you're talking about war then every country have blood on their hands. There's no angles on earth. You should stop acting they way you are. Moderator should be smarter.

BTW, RH is made by Codemasters.

Well well, I've never known a game's story and background to have such a moral, political, and immediate impact on so many game players.

Now this is full immersion! biggrin.gif

heheh ... guys ... this is a GAME!!!

Has anyone complained that the russian agents in JAMES BOND always have scars and twisted sexual preferences?!

We like that because it's just FILMS, and films are more fun with a real nasty villain.

When BIS chose Soviets as badguys for a coldwar game, they play on cliches, something that adds a little extra drama to the cocktail. Both Russia and USA have done bad things in real life - and that is totally besides the point. A good story needs heros and villains - the real world have no countries who can really fill the hero role either ... this is just fiction!

To go back to the first question I think it is also possible that they try all the sides. First they tried the American side in the original game, then the Russian\Resistance in Red Hammer and now they try the Civilian\Resistance side in Resistance and if they do as Red Hammer, the new campaign could have also a turning into on or other side.

Try it before start to complaining. Anyway if you don't like the campaign, look then at least at the graphic improvements, they are just great.

I thought I'd put in my two cents since I seem to have a more unique stand point on all of this, having lived in Russia earlier in my life, and having lived in the good old U.S of A for the last 10 and 1/2 years or so.

Firstly, I can't remember who, but earlier in this thread someone posed the question "Have the Russians ever been portrayed as the 'good guys'?" Well.. blatantly, yes: Try Close Combat 3 The Russian Front, or any number of the excellent (but old) flight sims released by Microprose, such as MiG 29.

Following this same line of thinking.. having one side portrayed as dastardly and evil doesn't disturb me in the least (that is until the designers cross what to me is a politically incorrect border line, where the dastardly and evil side is also portrayed as stupid and naive, i.e. horrible russian accents from the evil doers who also happen to be doing some pretty nasty things, further example - A section from Bill Nye the Science Guy in which a Russian engineer with a horrible accent is shown foolishly setting of a nuclear weapon on accident). After all, its all in good fun: I find no problem whatsoever in shooting at americans/russians/whatever nationality in a game because in the end its only a game, an escape from reality (even if its a sim) and really nothing beyond that.

So anyway, play nice.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NightHawkGTS @ Feb. 23 2002,09:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought I'd put in my two cents since I seem to have a more unique stand point on all of this, having lived in Russia earlier in my life, and having lived in the good old U.S of A for the last 10 and 1/2 years or so.

Firstly, I can't remember who, but earlier in this thread someone posed the question "Have the Russians ever been portrayed as the 'good guys'?" Well.. blatantly, yes: Try Close Combat 3 The Russian Front, or any number of the excellent (but old) flight sims released by Microprose, such as MiG 29.

Following this same line of thinking.. having one side portrayed as dastardly and evil doesn't disturb me in the least (that is until the designers cross what to me is a politically incorrect border line, where the dastardly and evil side is also portrayed as stupid and naive, i.e. horrible russian accents from the evil doers who also happen to be doing some pretty nasty things, further example - A section from Bill Nye the Science Guy in which a Russian engineer with a horrible accent is shown foolishly setting of a nuclear weapon on accident). After all, its all in good fun: I find no problem whatsoever in shooting at americans/russians/whatever nationality in a game because in the end its only a game, an escape from reality (even if its a sim) and really nothing beyond that.

So anyway, play nice.<span id='postcolor'>

Well said smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Feb. 22 2002,23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Moderator should be smarter.<span id='postcolor'>

Who says I'm a mod?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Incredible @ Feb. 22 2002,23:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol guys...

i liked this one especially: "Look pal, BIS is located in the Czech Republic, so they have every reason to dislike the Soviet Union"

what do u mean by "Soviet Union"? do u include me in the hated category (i'm russian)? for your information, "Soviet Union" was a country. that means, USSR = government + people + territory. if you say that someone has every reason to dislike me - i would very much like to know more about those reasons...

ex-ronin, this topic is really interesting to me. and i (im sure im not alone) would appreciate it very much if you didn't start the flame here, cuz that would get it closed down smile.gif

some things u say are offending. be aware of that, please.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, when I say that the Czechs or the Polish or whoever have good reasons to dislike the Soviet Union into which they were forced (wanna argue with that?), then I mean that they dislike a) The politicians that made the decisions that these countries/people (only used as an example here) need to be in the S.U. and b) The actual occupying soldiers.

I haven't got any problems with the actual people that were part of the Soviet Union, whether they come from Russia, Belorussia, Poland or whatever.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Feb. 23 2002,13:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who says I'm a mod?<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe. I was looking at your avantar picture. sad.gif

My avatar picture states that I am a member of the OFPN team. That does not automatically mean that I am a mod as well wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Feb. 23 2002,14:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My avatar picture states that I am a member of the OFPN team. That does not automatically mean that I am a mod as well wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I always thought that you're a moderator.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Feb. 23 2002,15:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I always thought that you're a moderator.<span id='postcolor'>

Givin Ex mod status would be like giving Richard Simons the status "President of the EU" tounge.gif

( I just woke up... )