Sign in to follow this  
klamacz

OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

@klamacz: I posted some suggestion (optimize/fix) regarding your model in the 'stuff you are making' topic. Afaik, it isn't allowed to cross post and i'm to lazy to add it here too.

The reason why i posted it overthere was it might help others aswell to understand some flaws (if they are wink_o.gif).

Again, just some friendly meant suggestions...

Keep it up.

Well, my every day for the last 15 months has been Kiowas and Sniper Rifles, I can say that I am THE MOST stoked person on this forum (and probably person playing Arm:A too! Afterall, I offered cash to someone who would make this damn bird like 4 months ago!wink_o.gif

Anyways, Im damn proud to see your taking your time and hitting all the small details! Nothing irks me more than seeing unrealistic looking birds put into games! UGH! Especially when the game developers do it! Come on, its sad when Player Modelers put more work and research into their projects than game makers!

ANYHOW

Keep up the awesome work, if you need any specific pictures/shots of the Kiowa just let me know, id be MORE than happy to contribute to making this mod look and perform properly!

Infact, Im going to be back in the United States in about 15 days, if you need a beta tester at all , PLEASe give me a PM , I would love to fly this baby and help tune it for the ArmA community smile_o.gif

Mac

Well the thing is the small details take polies that everyone is afraid of, though this engine has more then shown it can handle trillions of polies with little problem so I think we should stop fretting over such a thing.

great to see a kiowa on the horizon i love light attack helicopters i think they serve a great role in the game and think the kiowa should of been in the game from the start

status

still working on 3d model, I have some real life issues and cant work on Kiowa as much as I want

screenies will be soon smile_o.gif

I wouldn't recommend bumping month old topics unless they are by the addon creator, gets ya into trouble with the moderators.

hmmmmm.......any new word on the Kiowa? sad_o.gif there really havent been any good helicopters released for ARMA sad_o.gif im pretty disappointed...

hmmmmm.......any new word on the Kiowa? sad_o.gif there really havent been any good helicopters released for ARMA sad_o.gif im pretty disappointed...

Bush Wars Conflict Mod realesed an excellent New Alouette III and also Marco-Polo-IV made a very nice Air Pack (incl. AH-64A, CH-47D and some mod. planes)

But yes, you are right ... i'm also missing a nice H-58D Kiowa Warrior in ArmA.

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

sorry guys, had no time and will to work on it for months now. But, well, bumping this topics by you started some pretty interesting stuff.

Bump it again in week, we'll see what can be done smile_o.gif

is there any good 58D's from OFP we could import as a interm?

That and the OFP AH-1 Cobra would be nice to see in ArmA until someone makes custom versions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I'm proud to inform you that:

- my Kiowa found good place in one of the Arma MODs, the one, which should be called "ultimate" smile_o.gif

- it looks like there is more than 1 man working on it at the moment, including the most skilled addonmakers in community

So, after months of laziness it has a chance to being completed.

Thank you all for kind words and watching this place. Especially thanks goes for people who sended me info, bug-reports and materials.

Nice to hear that this baby is in good hands.

Any idea if there will be a standalone version of it?

MfG, Medicus smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Any idea if there will be a standalone version of it?

Actually no plans for that.

Well the thing is the small details take polies that everyone is afraid of, though this engine has more then shown it can handle trillions of polies with little problem so I think we should stop fretting over such a thing.

You should never stop fretting over such a thing.

Quote[/b] ]Any idea if there will be a standalone version of it?

Actually no plans for that.

That's both good and bad. Good if the mod actually ever releases a pack....bad if it dies like so many others did in OFP without ever releasing much (despite loads of awesome screenshots). What usually happens however is that we end up waiting for a year or two before we every fly this bird. yay!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

That's both good and bad. Good if the mod actually ever releases a pack....bad if it dies like so many others did in OFP without ever releasing much (despite loads of awesome screenshots). What usually happens however is that we end up waiting for a year or two before we every fly this bird. yay!

You really don't have to worry about that with ACE. It's real, it's on the way, and it's not terribly far off. You'll see the Kiowa in it, no worries. The sky is not falling.

Quote[/b] ]- my Kiowa found good place in one of the Arma MODs, the one, which should be called "ultimate"

so is there any more wip pics or it's gonna be finished by the mod itself ? exisitng images are pretty early wip...