Sign in to follow this  
nastros

Arma 2

I think this is a topic worth a discussion since arma2 has been announced and everything what is this going to do to the modding community of arma my big concern is that at the moment there alot of great mods been worked on some of which we may not see till arma 2 so i think maybe there should be a discussion on this

1. Don't believe 100% to announcement and advertisement! wink_o.gif

2. Modding community still at work... few guys withdraw but do you think they really will come back to ArmA2?

3. Would be very nice if someone from BIS can make an statement about the possibility to import ArmA-Addons to ArmA2.

ArmA 2 probably wont be out for 2-3 more years, regardless of how much BIS lies.

If ArmA 2 is even coming out..

There's little point to this thread because we don't have any information as to the compatibility of ArmA addons to ArmA 2. If they are doing quite a lot of developing, as they said they would be- and if they have been developing game 2 since before they started ArmA, as they said they have been- then there is little reason to think that they will be compatible unless otherwise notified. Since we don't know anything about ArmA 2, we cannot discuss what it will mean to the community talent when it eventually does come out.

I agree, it's far too soon to be worried about this. "[T]his

should be discussed" is not a useful way of introducing a

topic for debate anyway.

seeing much hatered against BIS lately..

why cant you guys just shut up and get the fvck out of here if you dont like arma anyways?

if you can do it better why dont you start your own company

and show us how good you are..

bis is doing a great job so pay them a bit more respect

Amen...

We may not like some of the things they do but thinking of it there are reasons behind most things.

Im sure in todays game market is quite hard to survive as mostly independent studio so they need to do certain things like announce ArmA2 after codemasters began their OFP2 promotion.

Also even if ArmA wasnt the best game ever it still beats most of the short lived crap i played lately.

I'd have let this go but I don't appreciate the petulant tone

of the penultimate post. The thread (apart from the post that

mentions "BIS lies") isn't criticizing BIS. The original poster

was just concerned about the compatibility of ArmA addons

with ArmA II. It's a perfectly reasonable concern, if a bit

premature.

i cant see there being any major problems with porting the addons and mods over. i mean the difference between ofp and arma was huge! Arma2s engine i would have thought would be quite similar to armas graphically so not much of a change would be needed.

I for one dont mind Arma 2 coming out in a year or 2 mainly because arma was so cheap to purchase wink_o.gif I do love arma as i did OFP but i do agree with some of the comments made on this board BIS needs to step it up with Arma 2.

And of addons, if we can port stuff over to Arma 2 without much effort it could really strenghten the modding community between the 2 games. If anyone still plays arma that is.