Sign in to follow this  
Delta Hawk

BCC Central, Unit 43 is 22 at CP location

bang up work - really top notch - had the feel of a real Crown Vic/Interceptor - only issue I have - is there a way for Civilians to openly engage East / Res troops ?  or in the update will some of these units be moved to West side (like Sgt Ev SWAT units)

*Disregard -EDIT* Found the way around it.

Transparent windows would be cool. A high quality texture and model work would be much appreciated.

Finally, some cops for OFP

Oh, and could you add them for the west side also?

Some requests below

Detroit Police Department, MI

Montgomery County Police, MD

Washington DC Metropolitan Police Department

Los Angeles Police Department, CA

New York Police Department, NY

We could on and on requesting specific police/sheriff depts, but it's a bit much to ask of delta to keep making more and more specific ones...

A few different sheriff/police depts would be nice, give people a number of options, and leave it at that.

The cars are outstanding! I've been wanting emergency vehicles, good ones, for ofp for years, even tried starting a mod based on emergency vehicles myself once. No complaints here at all.

Though as I said, it would be nice to have a few additional generic depts.

Any plans on making other police vehicles? (eg: pickups, suvs, etc.)

I just would say that i can't use police car in MP.. When i start the game, others player don't see me moving...

Do you know why?

Hello!

All I want to see is some Michigan Blue.

Then I would be quite happy.

BTW: This is a little off topic but what addons/islands would compliment these cars?

Star Light Island goes perfectly with the troopers, complete with burger bars for going 10-7!

Star Light Island goes perfectly with the troopers, complete with burger bars for going 10-7!

starlight city island is indeed the best option. or any other maps wich have big city ('s) or villages ^^ happy busting ^^

There are a couple of WGL islands with very large cites on the and Ocean island is also fairly decent for modern nonmilitary missions. Nagova 1004 was another one it has a highway system, often confuses the AI.. But really really long from on end of the island to the airport.

The BEST island for the Texas DPS is the Airwolf island, specifically the ural desert parts as it resembles west Texas...no kidding, i fix the damage on the car to make it dusty, put it near a old gas station with sigma's truck, turn up the sun and i felt like i was home. biggrin_o.gif

I'm currently working on a new project that's alil bit more complicated than the police cars...AND BIGGER...ALOT BIGGER. But i'm also going to try to get it in ArmA too, followed by the police cars and i might make an atempt to make a realistic US island. All depends on how much help i get.

Dont forget to add a nice SWAT truck ^^

there is just one released of wich i know of and that one is missing some textures and sirene/lightbar ^^

anyways nice to know your doing a island smile_o.gif if i could get my hands on wrpedit i'd MIGHT be able to help ya out there a bit.

i have alot of fantasy mixed with a good amount of realism biggrin_o.gif

so if u need me just give me a call ^^ Pm offcourse wink_o.gif

great looking cars!!!! I only wish they would work in MP, so I do hope you will get them to work there wink_o.gif

BTW if you need the classic police siren (the one that is heard in most movies) - I could mail it to you if you need it

thats interesting smile_o.gif could i have it too? maybe you should upload it so others can use it aswell biggrin_o.gif

Is there some new? I'm always waiting lol tounge2.gif

There is something new, but i want to wait alil later to present it to the ofp community when i have most of it done. but i will tell you it's along the lines of the cops cars but they are not cops, nor cars. It has alot of special effects and probably the first addon to use this kind of animation and it's pretty large for it's class. I will release information on it near the end of december. hopefully ppl will still be playing ofp smile_o.gif

Hey, I have three problems

1) The sound of the engine crackles and pops when I'm driving the car

2) The in-car first person camera is set a bit far back on the GPD and YCSD cars, as well as one of the DPS cars, it's set in the back of the guy's head

3) Some of the textures seem blurry/broken, such as the DPS shoulder patch, for instance

DK

Hey, I have three problems

1) The sound of the engine crackles and pops when I'm driving the car

Not had this issue, with the car sounds, but its a common bug in msot OFP vehicles even more so the URLs and jeeps. Avon Lady's FAQ had a few tricks to try to cure it.

2) The in-car first person camera is set a bit far back on the GPD and YCSD cars, as well as one of the DPS cars, it's set in the back of the guy's head

That should be fixed with the update to fix the mass, and other LODs that need tweaking in the vehicle.

3) Some of the textures seem blurry/broken, such as the DPS shoulder patch, for instance

Game engine blurs textures not a lot can really be done to combat it. they are at a very high resulation already any higher res on the skins will make the addon useless other than on super computers because of the lag they create. The image gets screwd when converted from TGA JPG to PAA, or PAC. Also the video card might fuzz em up often because its trying to render other stuff at once.

DK

OFP is a rather old game engin oriuialy made back when the PII 300 was a high end machine. And 16 to 32 meg video card was king.

The car models themselves are rather detailed and high poly for a OFP addon. When I tried to first skin them I literyl had to rip the model apart in sections to just beable to get bulldozer to show the sections while appling textures.

No clue, I had to takea leave of absence on this for a deployment to Afghanistan, Delta was back int he states last I spoke to him. I gave him the information he needed to fix the cars, not heard anything so far. Kinda out of the loop other than keeping track of progress on the project for personal intrest, pretty much out of the mod effort on this to be honest. Best to cut down on too many hands in the pot, lessen chances of major bugs. SLX mod keeps the cars from getting all messed up when destroyed so you can play with them at least for now. Till they make the corrections..

If you are working on addon, can we have some screens? or news? for to see your work?

i had a quick question... i noticed that we are needing the JAM3 files.. but while looking for them here... the links are no longer working. i want to also state that you all did a great job.. holy crap.. inspired myself and a buddy of mine... to work on our own models and create vehicles and emergency units from our towns... not taking any credit away from yall.. but we also are doing some others... check this out.. maybe you might be intrigued with the imagination we come up with in games.. lol well here ya go.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?act=idx