Sign in to follow this  

ArmA2 Discount

And for those who think 40 bucks isnt all that much money. You have to look at the bigger picture here my friends, 40 bucks x by the number of purchases = a hell of a lot of money wasted.

Well I guess thats true if the reality you live in is that negative.

The way I see it, 40 dollars for approx. 300+ hours and counting of entertainment. Thats like what .005 cents per hour. Pretty damn good if you ask me  smile_o.gif

I only come to these forums because I honestly dig the game, not from a BIS infatuation. If I didn't like it like the other 20+ games on my shelf, maybe I'd post once and I'm outta there.

Guest Ti0n3r

Just one thing, how many times in the past have people got a discount on version 2 of a game cause they own version 1?

Just one thing, how many times in the past have people got a discount on version 2 of a game cause they own version 1?

Well al i can say to that is version 2 has got be a lot better than version 1. Or why else would we wanna part from our money.

It's got to have a lot more features than ArmA had thats for sure. Because dont forget, you guys keep saying ArmA is really flashpoint 1.5.

@ Sep. 01 2007,18:26)]I still think ArmA is a great game and I play it alot, Just...

I'm profoundly confused. If it's a great game you play alot, what the hell do you want a refund or discount for

If ArmA had never of been released we would all still be playing Flashpoint.

Please don't generalise in order to back your statement up.

I know of dozens of players who had stopped playing OFP, and have "come back" since ArmA. And I know plenty of players who came back, thought ArmA was poo and left again.

Edit to add: Myself included

And for those who think 40 bucks isnt all that much money. You have to look at the bigger picture here my friends, 40 bucks x by the number of purchases = a hell of a lot of money wasted.[/quit]

Please please please stop whining about 40 bucks/30 quid/50 euros or whatever being "a waste of money". I spend more than that to go out at night, sure I have a good time, but it only lasts a maximum of 6, maybe 8 hours.

From a value perspective (money/time spent) that 40 bucks has paid for a lot longer period of entertainment...

That was reality in the last decade. Expansion packs and gold versions sometimes came with discount vouchers for the next release, Thief Gold from 1999 is the first that comes to mind.

@ Sep. 01 2007,18:26)]I still think ArmA is a great game and I play it alot, Just...

I'm profoundly confused. If it's a great game you play alot, what the hell do you want a refund or discount for

Read my earlier post, it answers your question for 1976 if you haven't read what he's said in this thread.

Please please please stop whining about 40 bucks/30 quid/50 euros or whatever being "a waste of money". I spend more than that to go out at night, sure I have a good time, but it only lasts a maximum of 6, maybe 8 hours.

Yeah and you end up pissing it away down the toilet. So who's the fool in the end..... icon_rolleyes.gif .Why dont you just flush your money straight down the toilet and it would save you the hassle of buying new clothes, getting a taxi and a new hair cut.... smile_o.gif

I spent 6 years pissing money away, so i take care what i spend my money on now...

Quote[/b] ]The thing is ArmA was never advertised as being anything super revolutionary or perfect.

ULTIMATE simulation whistle.gif

i don't understand why a lot of people complain about the fact, that they loose money.

i have bought Arma, i sold Arma; yeah, i lost some euros, but ....

BIS is only a commercial company, this is not a sect (no brains washing: you must to buy Arma, you must buy Arma, you must buy Arma.....)

maybe i would buy again Arma+queen's gambit

I don't see why they do as Carlsberg:

"ArmA: Armed Assault - Probably the ultimate simulation"

It's sad that almost a year after the release some of the same people are still complaining about money lost.

People- if you are in financial dire straits, it's probably a good idea to stop playing video games and rethink your life. Time spent complaining on forums is time you could be making money  wow_o.gif

Well al i can say to that is version 2 has got be a lot better than version 1. Or why else would we wanna part from our money.

It's got to have a lot more features than ArmA had thats for sure. Because dont forget, you guys keep saying ArmA is really flashpoint 1.5.

Wasn't that the story for OFP and ArmA?

Only difference from OFP and ArmA is the engine (mainly graphics nothing more!wink_o.gif, which still hasn't been brought up to date. Apart from that, all the time and effort people put into making addons for OFP, we couldn't use them unless we had knowledge of editing config files???

Of course nobody forced us to buy ArmA, but I'd say about 80% of ArmA players have played OFP, so they thought it was going to be a shit load better! obviously they was wrong.

The main thing that im pissed off with is the expansion. (Queens Gambit) What exactly are they offering us in that version, apart from the patch??? New islands? New addons? New campaigns? Why should we have to pay for that, after their dodgy version of ArmA? Which was sold under false pretenses? If they charge for the little addons in QG, whats stopping mod teams charging for their work?? IMHO the addon makers and mod teams from OFP, put alot more work into OFP than BI themselves! And its looking like the same for ArmA!

Before people go off on one and start moaning at me for compaining, im not! I just feel i should have got more, from what they promised me! I don't want to go to in-death, but ain't that against trading standards rules and regulations?

this is more BS if you ask me..

Not a finished product.. huh.gif?

they had to release the game early or they wouldnt have a arma or arma 2... so nothing to compalin about there then also they are still brining out patches and if thats not good enough then go back to the shop get your money back, or in the future go buy a life instead?....

well maybe what BI should do is to increase the price to $200 with all the things fixed and tested, but then i think everyone will get pissed(not for me as if this is what going to happen i am going to buy VBS2 instead)

...am I the only one here who's gonna die laughing if ArmAII comes out buggier than ArmA?

I'm not going to p00 p00 anyones input here because its not fair. My only comment would be that I can't understand why there are so many negative posts that basically rehash the same thing over and over again?

I think a lot of the animosity this game has created would be put to rest if there was a strong dev presence in the forums. Part of me wonders if the lack of feedback from BI is more the fuel than the state of ArmA?

I'm posting this in good faith so please folks, don't crucify me for it. I only made the above comments due to my misunderstanding of a few key points:

1. If you hate the game so much, why do you spend so much time complaining about it?

2. Would your time be better served if:

a) you moved onto a different game and/or community?

b) perhaps had better feedback from a dev POV?

3. Is there any point in picking on each other in these forums? I'll be honest here folks, this community is really starting to look like an Ubi forum due to all the flaming and flame baiting. Does it really serve any purpose to collectively piss each other off?

Yes I too have my issues with ArmA (should perform better on my Rig IMHO) but it is by no means unplayable. I agree that the original game is somewhat ordinary but this community is churning out some really terrific mods/hacks/addons that are making it into a completely new experience. In fact the only complaint I can level about the addon community is I wish it would take on n00bs like me willing to help out but to st00pid to know how or where.

Anyway, I'm not trying to create my own flame bait, no I'm not a troll and I'm not looking to argue with anyone here. I know there is a lot of feeling (both positive and negative) in regards to ArmA, the question is, what can we do about it to ensure that the next product is better?

It would be really great if we all could pull something from the ArmA experience rather than animosity.

I think I'll go hug a tree now.

I am allowed to express my opinion and I feel that it was a deal at 50$.

It has very large island and jip , some important features I would have paid for all by themselves.

Thank you Balschoiw for quoting that, true characters do shine.

(BTW 1976(aps) I am 40 years old, married, have 5 children ,2 are deaf, computer hobby,own a busines...just an active citizen of the world)

I spend 400$ a month at my shop for heat in the winter.

Good luck in your future

My last post here, asides I may come in a rant or whatever it takes to get it locked.

My opinion is that I come here to read about progress,have fun and such

The complaint thread is at the top for complaints.

All this has been heard before

this is more BS if you ask me..

Not a finished product.. huh.gif?

they had to release the game early or they wouldnt have a arma or arma 2... so nothing to compalin about there then also they are still brining out patches and if thats not good enough then go back to the shop get your money back, or in the future go buy a life instead?....

Maybe if they slowed down and finished one game at a time, people can understand! ArmA hasn't even been out a year and we already have vids and screens of ArmA 2 coming out! Whats going to happen to ArmA 1? will they stop releasing patches for it? will they release ArmA 2 then 6months down the line release information about ArmA 3? If BI have a small team why create more work load for themselves??

People taking their game back and getting a new life, whats that about?? lol...

Most people have a life, i work for my money and buy stuff that i want! If i want to complain then i will! can you stop me complaining? I think not.

Why do you even bother posting nonconstructive comments? Maybe you have nothing better to do?

I think its mainly little kids that come on and post nonconstructive comments. Because they don't earn their money, they have no reason to complain. They will just ask mummy for some more money and buy another game.

I won't be buying ArmA 2 ASAP unless I see some good stable version. I agree a few bugs is ok, but like the start of ArmA it was rediculous.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

I'm hoping the community will save Armed Assault... but since the release of the sequel is not really that far, I seriously doubt it will reach the state of the OFP.

Im confident that the BiS crew will work hard to make Arma 2 worth its price, we dont really know what they will make of it (features) or when it will come out, just an anouncement. Arma was released when it had to be released, they couldnt just keep working on it for a 2008 release and they cant keep working on Arma forever without income..

Whining about 40€ (its 20 now? ) is lame if we consider the great potential Arma has and how much can be done with it.

The main thing that im pissed off with is the expansion. (Queens Gambit) What exactly are they offering us in that version, apart from the patch??? New islands? New addons? New campaigns?

New islands: Yes

New addons: Yes

New campaigns: Yes

Quote[/b] ]Why should we have to pay for that, after their dodgy version of ArmA?

Maybe a lot of people spent their time in developing the extension? Because they refuse to work for free and to pay bills too?

No one forcing you to buy the expansion if you don't feel like buying it, the 1.09 patch is available without the expansion too.

And of course you're complaining, for this please use this thread.

I´m really confused right now. Why is is it still ok to tell all the "whiners" to go posting in the "dissapointed..." topic but noone (including you moderators) are telling the happy ones to post there comments in the "awesome..." topic??

Are you seriously thinking that this helps either Bohemia or the community? This thread gives me a real Deja`vu feeling because this has been the state since ARMA was released.

Asking for a refund is of course not possible in any way, and I see it more as a "I´m dissapointed" statement than anything else.

Either EVERYBODY has the right to say there thing or noone has.

If I´m happy, then fine. If I´m unhappy, then ok.

The OFP community has a reputation for being supportive and mature among players, gamesmagazines and others, but I´m sure that there must be another community out there, because this isn´t  by a long shot.

"fanboys" or "whiners"- get a grip! ITS A GAME!!!!

My expectaitions (spelling?) where very high since playing OFP since start, so confident that ARMA would be (not buggfree) a better release than OFP was I preordered my game. Sadly I found that it was a long way from OFP in one big important aspect (for me that is); the overall feel.

I wouldn` dream of asking for a refund, instead i´m probably not going to buy ARMA2 as a result. But this is MY choise of action and one that I´m free to take.

Abit of ranting, but my message again to you all:

Its only a PC-game! Cool down on all sides plz.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe a lot of people spent their time in developing the extension? Because they refuse to work for free and to pay bills too?

I completely understand that, although I don't understand why BI don't bring ArmA up to scratch before releasing an expansion? Im sure BI have made enough money from ArmA to pay their bills etc...

Once the full versions of all the tools come out, why not help the community use them? Allowing them to release some addons of their own. Then once ArmA is almost complete, release the expansion with even bigger and better addons? Then im sure people will happily buy a copy.

Quote[/b] ]No one forcing you to buy the expansion if you don't feel like buying it, the 1.09 patch is available without the expansion too.

Your right again, but because i played the OFP series since the day it was released, I expected greater things from ArmA. If i didn't care about ArmA, I wouldn't be on these forums, explaining my disappointment.

As for QG, i wont be buying it. Reason why not? Because I know someone will make all the addons standalone. So really what is the point? Help BI pay their bills? Why don't BI help pay for the community's bills? as they keep OFP/ArmA going.

Why don't BI help pay for the community's bills? as they keep OFP/ArmA going.

This is the sort of nonsense that makes me wonder why BIS, or ANY company, would announce future plans for future products. I've seen this activity over & over again on games forums where anyone able to type comes up with the most negative pathetic whining in order to have a voice.

I would suggest that BIS simply keep quiet about any future development and simply announce a few weeks ahead of the release. As it seems that it is the announcement that sends people into paroxysms of anguish then perhaps the vocal negatives need to be shielded from it, enabling them to concentrate their whining more efficiently on current products perhaps smile_o.gif

Developers simply let themselves in for endless negativity based on screenshots that will bear little resemblance to the finished product as most negative posters cannot grasp the difference, and in fact leap joyously to the attack based on little evidence. I simply wonder why they bother. If anyone would like an explanation to BIS' general silence, then simply read threads like this.

I'm off to do something more positive, I have no doubt as to the bottomless pit that represents negative whining. Go on & bleat about freedom of speech, right to opinions etc, while I go and do something I ENJOY smile_o.gif

Why don't BI help pay for the community's bills? as they keep OFP/ArmA going.

This is the sort of nonsense that makes me wonder why BIS, or ANY company, would announce future plans for future products. I've seen this activity over & over again on games forums where anyone able to type comes up with the most negative pathetic whining in order to have a voice.

I would suggest that BIS simply keep quiet about any future development and simply announce a few weeks ahead of the release. As it seems that it is the announcement that sends people into paroxysms of anguish then perhaps the vocal negatives need to be shielded from it, enabling them to concentrate their whining more efficiently on current products perhaps smile_o.gif

Developers simply let themselves in for endless negativity based on screenshots that will bear little resemblance to the finished product as most negative posters cannot grasp the difference, and in fact leap joyously to the attack based on little evidence. I simply wonder why they bother. If anyone would like an explanation to BIS' general silence, then simply read threads like this.

I'm off to do something more positive, I have no doubt as to the bottomless pit that represents negative whining. Go on & bleat about freedom of speech, right to opinions etc, while I go and do something I ENJOY smile_o.gif

Well said.