Sign in to follow this  

ArmA2 Discount

Quote[/b] ]My god simba, you're are a real model, you know that? smile_o.gif Sorry to mention dude, but I haven't for a long time read such a rheotical BS as this. "...it has the advantage of great flexibility but there are clearly more chances that the game will be missing features..." ... My god again! And this thread with some comments which are trying to justify unjustifiable certainly is looking like a déja vu.

who doesn't say anything doesn't get wet my friend,

you might want to expain me how BIS is going to properly

finance Arma II without enough money ?

You might want to expain me why Arma hasn't been properly finished,

didn't we hear rumors about non sufficient funding ?

and please don't serve me your mix of smilies and sweets statements while your are in total disagreement...

@DM : Because, as with OFP, ArmA has great expansion potential. Just look at the amount of community-created content available for OFP.

ArmA is, for lack of a better term, an investment.

Having said that, ArmA still doesn't do many of the things we (BIS community) were told it would do. Not only that, but what it does do, it does with difficulty on a lot of machines and in a bugged way in certain examples (animations, voice comms, etc).

Just look at the system requirements printed on the back of the case? whistle.gif

It's the principal of the thing. They basically lie, they tell you something and it is not true.

Is there any other product in the world where they can lie about what they are selling you and not get sued for it?

I bought it knowing it was going to be full of bugs but still...

Guys, you all bought this game MONTHS ago, normal people would just say 'fuck this!', then sell the game/return it to the shop/not buy it at all and then try to forget their horrible experience. What makes all of you keep bringing this up over and over again? crazy_o.gif

@DM : Because, as with OFP, ArmA has great expansion potential. Just look at the amount of community-created content available for OFP.

ArmA is, for lack of a better term, an investment.

So wait... You're telling me that you bought ArmA, knowing full well that it wouldn't be perfect, and that you were looking forward to the "expansion potential", yet you're still bitching and moaning that its not perfect?

Can anyone say "double standards" ?

Having said that, ArmA still doesn't do many of the things we (BIS community) were told it would do. Not only that, but what it does do, it does with difficulty on a lot of machines and in a bugged way in certain examples (animations, voice comms, etc).
It's the principal of the thing. They basically lie, they tell you something and it is not true.

Is there any other product in the world where they can lie about what they are selling you and not get sued for it?

Have either of you ever bought games before?

Just look at the system requirements printed on the back of the case? whistle.gif

Runs fine on my old rig (P4 3.2/1Gb RAM/9800 Pro) thanks very much...

Almost every little quibble people are moaning about ArmA were mentioned in the many reviews and previews of the game. It's your own fault if you couldn't be bothered to take 10 minutes of your time to read one or two or just check out the summary and then come to a conclusion. The thing is ArmA was never advertised as being anything super revolutionary or perfect. Infact many of the things we have in it weren't even going to be in it, but they added them anyway. It was as many have said OFP 1.5 with a nicer engine and more posibilities.

About a week after it came out it was in the 25 pound (pound symbol gives me a silly error!wink_o.gif price range where I live in the UK (Manchester area) in most "GAME" shops. It wasn't a HUGE release. Even still, ArmA offers far far more content and potential than pretty much any other game currently on the market that isnt called VBS with a quadrouple digit price tag. Most other games are play through once, shelf it, move onto the next overly shiny graphics fest with almost every aspect of it being scripted (like CoD, they're fun and all but their replay value is somewhat lacking and "AI" is too predictable. You learn where all the "hard-points" are located on the maps that they put in for the AI to find cover behind and stuff).

Most other deveopers wouldn't stick with supporting a game this long and you know it. They'd already be working on the next half assed installment with less content than the last one but with slightly more shiny graphics. ArmA 2 has been in production since BEFORE ArmA. They decided to give us ArmA to fill the gap between OFP and "Game 2" and to let us get used to some of the enchancements the engine has offered us, in terms of scripting and the like. ArmA 2 was slated for a 2008 release when it was first announced, and so far, it still it. They'll have been spending most of their time on the core of the game like the engine and AI and the like. The models and so on will be improved later on closer to release just like ArmA. Remember early ArmA shots compared to what we got? They were like Elite with a few extra things here and there.

I agree that I wish that those that are unhappy brought the game back and STFU

So sick of topics like these, asking for a discount.I wish Bis could select who they want to sell to.

I put 50$ in my gastank and it can be gone the next day.

Get a job and a life

I wish Bis could select who they want to sell to.

If BIS only selected "fanbois" (for want of a better term) then you wouldn't be playing ArmA right now, ArmA 2 wouldn't be being developed and the BIS dev's would more than likely be working for another company making random, generic crap games. OFP was flawed, all the expansions had their own flaws and quirks and there were plenty of people not happy with them, OFP funded ArmA and ArmA has funded ArmA 2. So do you still wish that BIS selected who could buy the game? wink_o.gif

If I were having problems with a select few of customers I would consider charging them more.

Mods: please lock this useless topic.

Whiners use the disappointment thread

I am not 100% happy with every game I buy, its time to grow up

Get off the computer, open your door, walk outside into the real world

(neighbors probably waiting to pound you)

I figure there are 2 types of people here..whiners and fanboys.These forums are for the fans.Whiners are restricted to the one dissapointment thread ,please use that

Your upsetting the customers

"Placebo - For now features of the game are being kept quiet, but we're getting closer to what we can share about it, for sure the game is definitely turning out to be more than the anticipated Opf v1.5 (with the next big game being known as “game2â€), this game is really developing into a "game2" of its own standing, maybe we should start calling the other one "game3""

LOL

"Placebo - For now features of the game are being kept quiet, but we're getting closer to what we can share about it, for sure the game is definitely turning out to be more than the anticipated Opf v1.5 (with the next big game being known as “game2â€), this game is really developing into a "game2" of its own standing, maybe we should start calling the other one "game3""

LOL

You do know what the original ArmA idea was?

Porting OFPE back to the PC and throwing some patched up VBS1 vehicles into it. icon_rolleyes.gif

Though it would be hilarious to read these forums if they really released it like that, the forums would probably catch on fire.. biggrin_o.gif

I've bought plenty of games that turned out to be turkeys. No-one to blame but myself. Most recent disappointment is EECH2 - so bad I took it back and got a refund. Oblivion - I really really tried to like that but I gave up on it, just a terrible game.

ArmA, I am overjoyed with. You just got to temper your expectations. How many people just read & believe any crap they see? And perform some sort of professional blindness to any red flags they SHOULD have picked up on?

ArmA was NEVER going to be anything but OFP in a tight skirt & high heels. I never read anything that gave me any other impression. The biggest clue should have been the many "OFP 1.5" references put about, even by BIS themselves.

Improved graphics, improved modding abilities, and oh yeah, TrackIR support (which I would have paid as much for just as an OFP addon).

IMO natch wink_o.gif

Patrocles

48h PR for spamming.

1976[APS]

No one forced you to purchase ArmA. There were numerous of reviews showing clearly that ArmA has bugs etc. etc. If you buy it anyhow it's not BIS' fault. Also you had the chance to return it, you should have rather done this then starting here a useless thread demanding something.

There will be no refund or rebate - for no one, and BIS owns you nothing.

@ Sep. 01 2007,05:11)]I figure since ArmA (game 1.5) is not ever meant to be a finished, polished product and because we are all paying ($80aus or so) to beta test for BIS for ArmA2 (game 2) that we should be able to take our ArmA DVD's to whatever game store we purchase our games from and receive ArmA2 for a substantial discount... I think we are owed something if not that. And I'm not saying that BI made me buy this game but I was definitely lead to believe it was going to be something more than it was, if BI told me I would be beta testing for the next release (game 2) would of I bought it anyway.... not sure

Have a real good look at what bis boasted that Arma could and would be and look at what we have they are well short of what they claimed the package would be.

Heres just a few: Arma Official Web site.

100+ players on one battlefield in "join in progress" multiplayer battles.View distance up to 10km and beyond.

Not achieved.

http://www.idea-games.com/index.php?id=project_arma

Arma Official web release info pack.

* 21 mission singleplayer campaign

* Play the campaign missions cooperatively

Not achieved.

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/arm...193&mode=press

From Placebo himself

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=48162

Another interview from BIS

“Thanks to the used technology ArmA looks good, and it'll run on current computers without a problem. A 2,4 GHz precessor and 1 GB RAM are adequate for a good running gaming experience at good quality.â€

Not achieved.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=51020

So?

IGN and Voodoo Extreme must miss you... Like any game has ever stood up to the excitement of early development.

Every forum has the same old threads/virl/consolekiddies/ "they took my lunch money " posts... not helpful , loud.

Guess what it will happen again, but you should have your drivers license by then so you can get the mall.

1976[APS],

ofp/Arma takes time to be really enjoyed, as long you will be

focused on what's missing, you won't discover its full potential.

excuse me if I was rude with the seed example,

but what you newcomers (as I suppose you are) must understand is that BIS is a small company,

it has the advantage of great flexibility but there are

clearly more chances that the game will be missing features

and won't be as polished as BF2 for ex.

asking a discount to BIS will just make their job harder,

you want a good ArmaII, go buy a second Arma and offer it,

the discount thing will only bring a half baked game and that's what we all want to avoid...

rofl.gif

My god simba, you're are a real model, you know that? smile_o.gif Sorry to mention dude, but I haven't for a long time read such a rheotical BS as this. "...it has the advantage of great flexibility but there are clearly more chances that the game will be missing features..." ... My god again! And this thread with some comments which are trying to justify unjustifiable certainly is looking like a déja vu.

1976[APS], I do understand what are you trying to tell us, and you have my full moral support if this means anything to you.

Cheers Black Sphere, I do.

I think most ppl do, I still think ArmA is a great game and I play it alot, Just seems like BI are as they are entitled too are going to turn into gaming houses like... sadly... EA.

Also love the sig... lol

ffs... the game only costed me 40€ and its not perfect but its worth it. Yes, you need to download the patches, so what? They even released some free goodies wich isnt very comon..

You have the game, a nice mission editor, visitor3, o2... you can play sp and mp..

I can think of a bunch of games that i ran thru once and threw away, and most cost more than 40...

Get over it?

If I were having problems with a select few of customers I would consider charging them more.

Mods: please lock this useless topic.

Whiners use the disappointment thread

I am not 100% happy with every game I buy, its time to grow up

Get off the computer, open your door, walk outside into the real world

(neighbors probably waiting to pound you)

I figure there are 2 types of people here..whiners and fanboys.These forums are for the fans.Whiners are restricted to the one dissapointment thread ,please use that

Your upsetting the customers

Didn't realize this site was 99% reserved for fanboys, people have a right to complain.

No its 100% for fanboys

Money problems need to be addressed to your publisher or welfare

Quote[/b] ]The thing is ArmA was never advertised as being anything super revolutionary or perfect.

ULTIMATE simulation whistle.gif

i don't understand why a lot of people complain about the fact, that they loose money.

i have bought Arma, i sold Arma; yeah, i lost some euros, but ....

BIS is only a commercial company, this is not a sect (no brains washing: you must to buy Arma, you must buy Arma, you must buy Arma.....)

maybe i would buy again Arma+queen's gambit

@ Sep. 01 2007,18:48)]Didn't realize this site was 99% reserved for fanboys, people have a right to complain.

Of course you have the right to complain.It's called the 'Disappointment Thread' which I and many of the so-called 'fanbois' have used as well not these absurd "BIS ruined my life, bankrupted me, and now I live in a box" threads.

You want to keep screaming at the sky,be my guest -it'll only leave you with a headache.

Thanks to all the guys who had something valuable to contribute on both sides thumbs-up.gif

And all the people who have nothing constructive to say and resort to insulting the people they disagree with... its a real weakness in your character... 'Bratty' you've been no help here.

Oh my...

While I do understand that people have a right to complain,

I do NOT understand what absurd ideas they are offering here.

goodnight.gif

Quote[/b] ]and resort to insulting the people they disagree with... its a real weakness in your character...

Cool. I´d swear that I have just read that you told someone to "fuck off" before you edited your post and posted the Ghandi Version...

You were saying:

" people have a right to complain as you have the right to walk around on your knees with your lips puckered . If your happy to be screwed over and not stand up to say something then FO and let ppl who are do."

Well, well...

What makes all of you keep bringing this up over and over again? crazy_o.gif

Er let me think....oh yes, ArmA2..... wink_o.gif

If ArmA had never of been released we would all still be playing Flashpoint.

Then when we heard about ArmA2 (which would of just been ArmA) we would of been ecstatic..

Having released ArmA in the state it was just soured the whole experiance for me. Then hearing of ArmA2 less than a year from the release of ArmA was kinda jarring.

I understand BIS needed the money, but it wasnt for ArmA, it was for ArmA2. We just bought a half assed game not knowing that ArmA2 would make ArmA obsolete only 18 months after purchase. I suppose i expected ArmA to last a little longer. Not as long as Flashpoint, but atleast until the Cold War Rearmed mod was finnished.

And for those who think 40 bucks isnt all that much money. You have to look at the bigger picture here my friends, 40 bucks x by the number of purchases = a hell of a lot of money wasted.

I originally got the game as a birthday gift, and later bought the English version for 20 euros and I like the game.

Still I think it's bullshit to claim what your game contains on official pages when it's not true - in other words lying. It makes me feel cheated seeing ArmA 2 look exactly like the first one except with features that should have been in ArmA, if not in the release version then in the first possible patch. Some of the vehicles documented in the original game's manual are possibly added in an expansion pack which you have to pay for.

Right now I'm having second thoughts about buying or even giving free advertisement for future BIS products. If Queen's Gambit included a €5-10 voucher for buying ArmA 2, it would redeem the company of past transgressions in my eyes.

I'm not asking for my money back because I don't want to return the game (not that I could anyway). But asking a full price for the next patch of Armed Assault, that being ArmA 2, from buyers of the original game sounds unreasonable.

1976[APS]

Sorry I am just a customer and I don't appreciate you yelling in the parking lot (as a car sales scenario)

Your not good for business and you can't come in here and open more complaints thread.If your not happy with your purchase speak with where you bought it.

This is the developers area

And your complaints are constructive?

And my posts are filled with sarcasm and trying to be funny about it all

I run a autobodyshop and I know I need to charge more to do a good job. Games of this nature are underpriced.50$ is what you pay for a console game

If they charged say 150$ then they could do a better job

I live in Northeast USA, it gets real cold here...I can buy gas that has water content in it, my vehicle can freeze up.

You think I get my money back?