Sign in to follow this  

ArmA2 Discount

I figure since ArmA (game 1.5) is not ever meant to be a finished, polished product and because we are all paying ($80aus or so) to beta test for BIS for ArmA2 (game 2) that we should be able to take our ArmA DVD's to whatever game store we purchase our games from and receive ArmA2 for a substantial discount... I think we are owed something if not that. And I'm not saying that BI made me buy this game but I was definitely lead to believe it was going to be something more than it was, if BI told me I would be beta testing for the next release (game 2) would of I bought it anyway.... not sure

Have a real good look at what bis boasted that Arma could and would be and look at what we have they are well short of what they claimed the package would be.

Heres just a few: Arma Official Web site.

100+ players on one battlefield in "join in progress" multiplayer battles.View distance up to 10km and beyond.

Not achieved.

http://www.idea-games.com/index.php?id=project_arma

Arma Official web release info pack.

* 21 mission singleplayer campaign

* Play the campaign missions cooperatively

Not achieved.

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/arm...193&mode=press

From Placebo himself

"Placebo - For now features of the game are being kept quiet, but we're getting closer to what we can share about it, for sure the game is definitely turning out to be more than the anticipated Opf v1.5 (with the next big game being known as “game2â€), this game is really developing into a "game2" of its own standing, maybe we should start calling the other one "game3""

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=48162

Another interview from BIS

“Thanks to the used technology ArmA looks good, and it'll run on current computers without a problem. A 2,4 GHz precessor and 1 GB RAM are adequate for a good running gaming experience at good quality.â€

Not achieved.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=51020

Agreed

Edit: Yup! I remember reading most of those articles!

You also forgot to add to that list, compatibility with OFP addons, which I remember was a big thing when it was first brought up.

Noone held a gun to your head a told you to purchise Arma. Noone owes anyone anything.

Simple as that, I also hate all this "I hate BIS for making me buy Arma when Arma2 comes out in 1-2 years" Get over it.

Noone held a gun to your head a told you to purchise Arma. Noone owes anyone anything.

Simple as that, I also hate all this "I hate BIS for making me buy Arma when Arma2 comes out in 1-2 years" Get over it.

And I hate it when people come up with that gem of wisdom whenever anyone expresses their dissatisfaction with ArmA!

For crying out loud! Why do you think we bought it in the first place?? Because we were promised this, that and the other, and so far, we've pretty much only got 'this'.

Book a holiday to Barbados, end up on the Costa Del Sol, but don't you dare complain! "Nobody held a gun up to your head" icon_rolleyes.gif

And I hate it when people come up with that gem of wisdom whenever anyone shows their dissatisfaction with ArmA!

For crying out loud! Why do you think we bought it in the first place?? Because we were promised this, that and the other, and so far, we've pretty much only got 'this'.

Book a holiday to Barbados, end up on the Costa Del Sol, but don't you dare complain! "Nobody held a gun up to your head"

Its ok, thats what this post is for to see what ppl think.

To add a note I'm annoyed because I know how companies think and we where all guinea pigs which would be fine if I wasn't paying BI to be theirs... lol love the Analogy rofl.gif

BIS can be reached, so people complain again and again...

most of the features announced are in Arma, it has certain bugs but these don't make the game unplayable at all.

1976[APS],

if you like Arma, you will be playing it for 2 years maybe more, this is well spent money !

BIS needs cash and people come here asking for discounts,

what the hell don't eat the seeds, if you want to plant them next year understand ??

you starved to pay this game or what ?

At time of purchase you had information available to you about what features the product contains.

ArmA has been a slight disappointment for me too, but mainly because I find it not good that a game needs hundreds of megabytes of patching, not because of the features in the game, or because of features not in the game.

it think you will never recieve a finished product since finished products don't exist , the companies will sell what they have achieved at the time they release it , and this is applicable not only for games but for all products in the market. Other thing is advertising features in the game that the sold product doesn't contain , i'm against that.

BIS needs cash and people come here asking for discounts,

what the hell don't eat the seeds, if you want to plant them next year understand ??

you starved to pay this game or what ?

I know what your saying but there BIS 'seeds' so they can 'plant' them next year... the problem is they said the 'oranges' (which I paid good money for) would be sweet and juicy but they are sour and dry.... understand ??

I have fun playing ArmA, that is what counts for me.

ArmA is not that bad as many people complain, sure there are "a few things whistle.gif " missing, but i could play ArmA for years.

To the backward compatibility with OFP addons:

I rather have nicer models and vehicles, than lower quality ones with compatibility to OFP addons.

Guest Ti0n3r

How stupid. It wouldn't make any sense rofl.gif

I used that as an example of another promise which wasn't fulfilled.

I know that addons designed for OFP wouldn't fit ArmA, but it was still something which addonmakers were asked and asking about, leading up to the release of ArmA. Some addonmakers only continued making addons for OFP, believing that they could be ported to ArmA easily, with just a few minor tweaks.

I have fun playing ArmA, that is what counts for me.

ArmA is not that bad as many people complain, sure there are "a few things whistle.gif " missing, but i could play ArmA for years.

To the backward compatibility with OFP addons:

I rather have nicer models and vehicles, than lower quality ones with compatibility to OFP addons.

Sure, me too.

But what would ArmA be without all the Addons by the community?

I don´t think i could play it for long in vanilla state. If anything has become clear to me during the last few weeks, it´s that OFP/ArmA only lived from community work (and some good patches during the early years of OFP). Without these, were coming terrifying close to any other 'product' available on the market.

After all it comes down to what Shashman said:

Book a holiday to Barbados, end up on the Costa Del Sol, but don't you dare complain! "Nobody held a gun up to your head" icon_rolleyes.gif

I simply cannot have a good feeling anymore with putting money and dedication into some half arsed stuff.

It´s the community that made a great game even better, if not even epic. And now they´re cutting all ties to their former workhorses and do as if we´d never had any clue about whats happening.

Gives the feeling of being some kind of laboratory rat confused_o.gif

1976[APS],

ofp/Arma takes time to be really enjoyed, as long you will be

focused on what's missing, you won't discover its full potential.

excuse me if I was rude with the seed example,

but what you newcomers (as I suppose you are) must understand is that BIS is a small company,

it has the advantage of great flexibility but there are

clearly more chances that the game will be missing features

and won't be as polished as BF2 for ex.

asking a discount to BIS will just make their job harder,

you want a good ArmaII, go buy a second Arma and offer it,

the discount thing will only bring a half baked game and that's what we all want to avoid...

Ok, i play almost exclusive Evolution SP, but with XAM 1.3.

OFP would had never been that great without addons too. wink_o.gif

Book a holiday to Barbados, end up on the Costa Del Sol, but don't you dare complain! "Nobody held a gun up to your head"  icon_rolleyes.gif

These analogies are getting ridiculous. I don't know about where some of you guys live but  booking exotic trips and buying cars cost in the thousands of dollars.

Arma  cost me 40 bucks  crazy_o.gif

It's more like ordering a steak well done and getting it medium rare - you could always send it back to the kitchen.

Sure some of you guys might be too young to have jobs out there so maybe 40 bucks is tough to come by, but for you grown men with jobs out there...

1976[APS],

ofp/Arma takes time to be really enjoyed, as long you will be

focused on what's missing, you won't discover its full potential.

excuse me if I was rude with the seed example,

but what you newcomers (as I suppose you are) must understand is that BIS is a small company,

it has the advantage of great flexibility but there are

clearly more chances that the game will be missing features

and won't be as polished as BF2 for ex.

asking a discount to BIS will just make their job harder,

you want a good ArmaII, go buy a second Arma and offer it,

the discount thing will only bring a half baked game and that's what we all want to avoid...

rofl.gif

My god simba, you're are a real model, you know that?  smile_o.gif  Sorry to mention dude, but I haven't for a long time read such a rheotical BS as this. "...it has the advantage of great flexibility but there are clearly more chances that the game will be missing features..." ... My god again! And this thread with some comments which are trying to justify unjustifiable certainly is looking like a déja vu.

1976[APS], I do understand what are you trying to tell us, and you have my full moral support if this means anything to you.

29.99 GBP is two weeks food shopping for my girlfriend and I.

It is the price I paid for ArmA.

Don't trivialise money.

I didn't have to think hard about purchasing ArmA, based on my expectations of it, what I had read about it and from being an OFP player since the beginning, but what I got is definitely not what I was expecting.

I certainly wouldn't have bought it, when I did, had I known about the issues I'd later have with it.

29.99 GBP is two weeks food shopping for my girlfriend and I.

Don't trivialise money.

I didn't have to think hard about purchasing ArmA, based on my expectations of it, what I had read about it and from being an OFP player since the beginning, but what I got is definitely not what I was expecting.

I certainly wouldn't have bought it, when I did, had I known about the issues I'd later have with it.

How much is 1 night on the town for you 2? Have you ever had a bad night? Could you let it go? Couldn't you take the game back?

Look I understand money don't grow on trees but when you start making these fantastic analogies to serious financial crisis or loss it weakens your argument.

It's not about what you had expected, anybody have his own/different expectations so this can't be a 'measure', but what it was promissed/announced, and what it was delivered e.g. what we got. Classical deceiving.

Quote[/b] ]29.99 GBP is two weeks food shopping for my girlfriend and I.

Don't trivialise money.

Dead on. Usually such trivialising do the kids which are stealing money from the parent's wallets to buy a game.  tounge2.gif

EDIT:

@froggyluv - one single Dollar or Euro thrown away like this is for a hard working man or the one who respects the money not acceptable. Personally I don't like to throw my money away like this not because I feal cheated (well that too), but mostly because I feal like an idiot, wasting my money like this.

There is somethign to be said for false advertising. Publicly making claims about what the game will be able to do, is legally binding.

But I think we should all try and practise a little give and take.

If we want "news" on work in progress, we should be willing to take any answers with a pinch of salt.

Not as absolute and final answers of what the game software is capable of.

Technically we could start criminal proceedings against BIS, and you certainly have all the ammuntion you need to claim a full refund from your retailer, not just a discount off the next title.

However.

If people are not able to behave with common sense, BIS must simply start behaving like all the other development teams and not tell you anything at all.

To release no information about the games progress or ambitions, at all, ever.

You choose.

Sometimes it takes exaggerated analogies to illustrate an opinion, just like it takes comments such as, "nobody held a gun to your head" for some people to think they're making a good point...

Going back to your going out analogy:

If I pay a tenner's entrance fee to get into a club billed as being the residency of an internationally known, well respected techno DJ, I don't expect to see Johnny Starfingers pressing stop and play on a Goodman's CD player, playing "Hit Me Baby One More Time" or "Summer of '69"

Ok, so crazy analogies and money tight-fistedness aside.

If this £29.99 (or equivalent) was THAT important to you, and the game was THAT bad, it begs the question: "Why did you not take it back, and get your [precious] money refunded?"

Problem solved.

Or not, as clearly there is reason enough for you to keep hold of the game...