Sign in to follow this  
Spinor

CoC Command Engine X

I just tested this in vanilla arma and using a stock COC supplied mission "USMC_Lt_Infantry_company".

I got myself to enter local Humma and then disembarked, switched to another team, switched back .. stuck on "embark" (but can release using "done" on radio). And yet again got another team leader to embark in COC and disembark, switched to him & switched back then hes stuck on embark, but, that wont show when you switch to him to try to use "done" in radio him to fix it. And end result team wont follow orders after that point.

So if any COC/CEX members still read this thread or anything is in the pipeline :

Any team after disembarking a vehicle and switching to them and switching back (in that combination) will cause team leader(s) to get stuck in "embark" mode and you then loose team control in command engine as you cannot tell leader to use "done" on radio to fix it. Same goes for your initial player but you can use "done" on radio to clear it.

Im sure this wasnt such a blatant problem when it was released, maybe this is something with 1.14 patch causing it now.

I haven't used CEX in a while, but it seems like once you embark the vehicle, the team/player is assigned to vehicle (as if you had used the command 'assignasdriver' or something). However, when you teamswitch out of a unit, you need to give the old unit a quick move or follow command otherwise it gets stuck (arma bug).

So probably what happens is you switch out of the unit, it gets stuck and can't complete its command given by the engine to get back in the vehicle.

You could use orderGetIn command when switching to see if that stops the behavior, or also give the command a domove or dofollow after you switch to stop it getting stuck and let it get back in the vehicle.

(http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/orderGetIn)

I will have a look at that.

The thing is im not scripting anything as such, all teams are un assigned to any vehicles at the start of the mission, this all happens when embarking/disembarking simply by using COC's embark/click options in the command menu so Im totally at the mercy of its code for that part.

I should add that if teams embark and disembark all works no problem teams run as usual, that is until switch and switch back and then becuase they previously had embarked/disembarked a vehicle the problem occurs.

Basically if I spend the entire mission using vehicles with teams and never switch to anyone, or spend an entire mission not using vehicles at all and switch like a mad man .. there isn't a any problem. If I use vehicles and THEN start switching after that ... problems arise.

Thanks for post I will still look into your points though.

Quote[/b] ]

but it seems like once you embark the vehicle, the team/player is assigned to vehicle

I agree.

Heres a better example: All teams are not assigned to anything, then i tell all teams to embark some helis .. we get to destination and disembark, everything's fine I can control teams and get on with mission. We move far away from vehicles and time passes on mission, then, I switch to a team and switch back .. bang, they are stuck in embark mode and rest of team ignores leader / cant control anymore in COC unless im switched to them, and I can get them out of it. If they had never embarked helis or any vehicles previously and I then switched at that point it would have been fine.

I'm trying to set up CEX in my mission but I can't control individual AI with in my/the teams. As of now, I've just set up 2 of the teams with 5 SF units in each, and I'm at the helm of one of them and all members are playable.

The strange thing is that I've used this exact same set up in other mission and had no troubles in the past controlling individual members. For example if I order my team mates in to a humvee with myself in any position but driver and #2 is in the driver seat. I used to be able to switch to the CE and add WP's for #2(driver) and he would drive us to where we need to go. Now if I do it, nothing happens. Even if I order the entire team nothing happens.

Here's what I have in the description file. Can anyone make any suggestions. Some things need to be changed in the code but first I want to figure out why I can't order individual team mates. Again this exact same set up has worked in the past. I don't think I've changed anything but the "leader" names to reflect the unit names of this mission.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CEX

{

LaunchOnStart  = 1;

CamEnabled     = 1;

HudEnabled     = 1;

SwitchEnabled  = 1;

CamMaxHeight   = 100;

CamMaxDistance = 100000;

CamMaxAngle    = "45";  // "-atan(_this/100)";

HudViewRange   = 4000;

class CompanyA

{

Name    = "1A";

IconMap = "COC_NATO_RECON_MOTORIZED_SECTION";

NameMap  = "1A";

class Platoon1

{

Name    = "1st Plt";

IconMap = "COC_NATO_INF_LIGHT_PLATOON";

NameMap  = "1/Plt";

class Squad1A1

{

Leader   = "s1";

Name     = "1A1";

CallSign = "1A1";

NameMap  = "1A1";

sizemap = 0.7;

IconMap = "COC_NATO_RECON_WHEELED_SQUAD";

};

class Squad1A2:Squad1A1

{

Leader   = "s2";

Name     = "1A2";

CallSign = "1A2";

NameMap  = "1A2";

};

class Squad1A3:Squad1A1

{

Leader    = "s3";

Name     = "1A3";

CallSign = "1A3";

NameMap   = "1A3";

};

class Squad1A4:Squad1A1

{

Leader    = "s4";

Name     = "1A4";

CallSign = "1A4";

NameMap   = "1A4";

};

class Squad1A5:Squad1A1

{

Leader    = "s5";

Name     = "1A5";

CallSign = "1A5";

NameMap   = "1A5";

};

};

class Platoon2:Platoon1

{

Name    = "1B1";

IconMap = "COC_NATO_RECON_MOTORIZED_SECTION";

NameMap  = "1B1";

class Squad1B1

{

Leader   = "a1";

Name     = "1B1";

CallSign = "1B1";

NameMap  = "1B1";

sizemap = 0.7;

IconMap = "COC_NATO_RECON_WHEELED_SQUAD";

};

class Squad1B2:Squad1B1

{

Leader   = "a2";

Name     = "1B2";

CallSign = "1B2";

NameMap  = "1B2";

};

class Squad1B3:Squad1B1

{

Leader    = "a3";

Name     = "1B3";

CallSign = "1B3";

NameMap   = "1B3";

};

class Squad1B4:Squad1B1

{

Leader    = "a4";

Name     = "1B4";

CallSign = "1B4";

NameMap   = "1B4";

};

class Squad1B5:Squad1B1

{

Leader    = "a5";

Name     = "1B5";

CallSign = "1B5";

NameMap   = "1B5";

};

};

};

hello all,

Great Job on the command engine, thanks CoC team.

I have a question regarding transfer of soldiers between groups. I remember it was possible back in the CE for OFP.

Is it possible also with the 0.86 version, because I can't seem to find the way to do it.

thanks,

libriut

Any word on a new version...

There are still lots of bugs in the current version 0.86 version prob time for an updated improved version.

He's already answered that. Read the previous page.

I can not say when the newest edition of CEX will be released, but I can say that the work continues. We are currently working to integrate fire support (Unified Artillery) into the command engine.

Now more importantly can anyone tell me why I can't control the individual AI in my team anymore? For example #2 position driving us in a vehicle will not respond to the WP's I give anymore. I used to be able to do it though. I give more info in my previous post.

I've tried this as well but still no luck.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CEX

{

LaunchOnStart = 1;

CamEnabled = 1;

HudEnabled = 1;

SwitchEnabled = 1;

CamMaxHeight = 650;

CamMaxDistance = 100000;

CamMaxAngle = "45"; // "-atan(_this/100)";

HudViewRange = 7000;

class Section

{

CallSign = "Section";

Name = "Section A";

class Platoon1

{

Name = "1st Platoon";

IconMap = "COC_NATO_SF_STANDARD_SECTION";

NameMap = "1/Plt";

class Squad1H

{

Leader = "s1";

Name = "1/HQ";

CallSign = "1/HQ";

NameMap = "1/HQ";

IconMap = "COC_NATO_SF_STANDARD_SQUAD";

};

class Squad1A:Squad1H

{

Leader = "s2";

Name = "1/A";

CallSign = "1/A";

NameMap = "1/A";

};

class Squad1B:Squad1H

{

Leader = "s3";

Name = "1/B";

CallSign = "1/B";

NameMap = "1/B";

};

class Squad1C:Squad1H

{

Leader = "s4";

Name = "1/C";

CallSign = "1/C";

NameMap = "1/C";

};

class Squad1D:Squad1H

{

Leader = "s5";

Name = "1/D";

CallSign = "1/D";

NameMap = "1/D";

};

};

class Platoon2:Platoon1

{

name = "2nd Platoon";

IconMap = "COC_NATO_SF_STANDARD_SECTION";

NameMap = "2/Plt";

class Squad2H

{

Leader = "ss1";

Name = "2/HQ";

CallSign = "2/HQ";

NameMap = "2/HQ";

};

class Squad2A:Squad2H

{

Leader = "ss2";

Name = "2/A";

CallSign = "2/A";

NameMap = "2/A";

};

class Squad2B:Squad2H

{

Leader = "ss3";

Name = "2/B";

CallSign = "2/B";

NameMap = "2/B";

};

class Squad2C:Squad2H

{

Leader = "ss4";

Name = "2/C";

CallSign = "2/C";

NameMap = "2/C";

};

class Squad2D:Squad2H

{

Leader = "ss5";

Name = "2/D";

CallSign = "2/D";

NameMap = "2/D";

};

};

};

Some problems ive been encountering (not sure if this has been already been posted) but there are two large problems in MP that need addressing.

When playing as a unit not in the COCex hierchy, the person playing receives MASSIVE lag when the engine initializes. Nothing happens to other players that are in the hierchy, however.

This could be easily averted by adding every unit to the hierchy which while tedious would work. Would be helpful if the version with unlimited hardcoded levels was available for this.

The other, more serious one is when a player joins a unit in hierchy with command engine loses it if he for some reason disconnects. Any player that isn't in the initial mission briefing will not be able to utilize cocex!

So far I have not found a way through or around this problem. I am currently trying to design multiple new missions for the 15th MEU Realism Unit and many of us have found this mod's features very attractive but this simply is a dealbreaker for us. If we cannot rely on it to be able to work after being disconnected then it will be useless in operations where we run hour length+ missions which may result in players getting arma crashes or otherwise.

Bug Report: Unplayable FPS for non-Commanding Players in MP

Steps to repeat:

1. Create a copy of the test mission "CEX_USMC_Lt_Infantry_Company.Sara".

2. Select the leader of an existing group and make it PLAYABLE. For reference (in this bug report), we will call this slot "Cain".

3. Select a non-leader of an existing group and make it PLAYABLE. For reference (in this bug report), we will call this slot "Abel".

4. "Save" the mission and / or "Export to MP Missions" (as you desire).

5. Launch an MP server for the mission (dedicated or non-dedicated, as you desire).

4. Have 3 players fill the 3 available slots.

Issue Description

The player in slot "Abel" will experience a massive drop in FPS (sub-1fps) once CEX has initialised. This will continue until the mission end, making this slot effectively unplayable. It seems that any slots which are PLAYABLE and NOT NAMED LEADERS in the CEX class will experience this FPS issue.

Speculation

Without further digging, I would guess there is a check / loop which is endlessly executing on the non-command players' PCs.

We have just stated using this and we are getting the same problem? 1 enemy comm agaisnt the bluefor was there a fix for this?

Does anyone use cex and DAC together? It seems enemy DAC-generated units don't show up as icons on the map nor are they reported over the radio by my teams.

I would like to inform the community of a new update to CEX for Arma.  We've had numerous improvements with NS and in result have also resolved several issues with CEX in MP:

Changes:

--------

Test 10:

- Additional MP updates by pennywise

- Resolved a few waypoint issues

There are still a few MP issues to resolve however, but the brunt of the functionality will work in MP aside from JIP.  We need to add an eventhandler for CEX and JIP.  Otherwise, everything else should work.  You may download the latest CoC pack here.  A special thanks goes out to Zeus Community, Killswitch, ViperMaul, and lwlooz for assisting with testing and bug fixes! Mirrors appreciated!  Enjoy!

CoC Download URL

Well this is interesting... Walker is just posting those useless spam topics, Spinor is nowhere to be seen... are you now the meat and bones for CoC?

Any thoughts on CEX future, will there be more developing?

Man am I glad to see a new version. I was just thinking about it this morning. Good timing guys! Thanks.

Zues Community => Zeus Community tounge2.gif

Congratz and thanks a lot!

I only got a numbers and symbols page...

On that one..

With the other one i get An error ha occured..

Now that im registred.

Before i got "Your not allowde to see? this page" or something.

Still cant download...

fantastic to see development still going on!

COC has been exceeding my expectations of what an arma (or even ofp) add on can be since your OFP artillery addon - which i'd really be over the moon to see for Arma.

I would like to inform the community of a new update to CEX for Arma.  We've had numerous improvements with NS and in result have also resolved several issues with CEX in MP:

Changes:

--------

Test 10:

- Additional MP updates by pennywise

- Resolved a few waypoint issues

There are still a few MP issues to resolve however, but the brunt of the functionality will work in MP aside from JIP.  We need to add an eventhandler for CEX and JIP.  Otherwise, everything else should work.  You may download the latest CoC pack here.  A special thanks goes out to Zeus Community, Killswitch, ViperMaul, and lwlooz for assisting with testing and bug fixes! Mirrors appreciated!  Enjoy!

CoC Download URL

Im sorry to say but the biggest MP issue still hasnt been fixed smile_o.gif

MAJOR LAGG! To players who arnt part of the command engine.

Repo:

Place a Platoon of Infantry on the East Side With a Commander to Command All the East Units etc..

Place some West Playable units who will be fighting agasint this commander not using CEX..

When game loads all is fine but as soon as the CEX Command Map Intaface Loads for the East Comm, all players who dont have that LAGG badly 1-2 FPS..

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

1281662.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/1281662.gif[/IMG]

If you prefere a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ArmedAssault.info Mirror :

DOWNLOAD - DOWNLOAD - CoC Pack (CEA and NSA) (v.1.0 & 3.1) - [2,49 MB] from ArmedAssault.info

Anyone else not see images in the manual pdf or is it just me?

I've never been able to see the images. I never mentioned it for all this time though. Thanks for bringing that up. wink_o.gif