Sign in to follow this  
Spinor

CoC Command Engine X

Awsome job on addon.....

1 issue:

I set-up a Versus mission and it works good but both sides see the waypoint line.

which means opfor can see Blufors waypoint lines.

Is there a way to set the lines to side specific?

thanx

Blacknight

Hey Guys,

Glad to see you finally released this for ArmA

Is there a manual available online or for dled yet?

Monday is CoC Day

Quote[/b] ]I set-up a Versus mission and it works good but both sides see the waypoint line.

which means opfor can see Blufors waypoint lines.

Is there a way to set the lines to side specific?

Thats a confirmed bug in MP and is already fixed for the next version.

Quote[/b] ]Is there a manual available online or for dled yet?

Yes, a manual for players and mission editors is included in the addon download.

It's been a long wait! So glad to see the project get out! Thanks from all of us at =dB= if we can do anything to help beta test, play on a beta servers, add scripting, create missions, you name it you can count on us!

found one irritating bug so far, when i have a squad mounted in a heli and set behaviour to combat they disembark the heli and refuse to go back in.

found one irritating bug so far, when i have a squad mounted in a heli and set behaviour to combat they disembark the heli and refuse to go back in.

Check their ROE (click properties). On 'combat' they are set to never embark vehicles. You can change this if you please.

Does anybody have links to missions other than in the beta pack that I can download.(what's happened to snakeman?) This is fantastic, thanks to all you guys at the chain of command.

cheers, impi

is there anyway I can quickly view a selected unit? like in the OPF version where you can hit view?

I see the locked view and helmet view under the camera heading, however these are always grayed out. I like the new interface but it's annoying not being able to lock ur view on a selected unit.

As said before, this is just awesome and I'm aware it's a beta.

But I have a problem, maybe I'm just doing something wrong. I can't get infantry to embark vehicles (in their group). To embark vehicles from other teams, no prob, but internal vehicles. Even when turning the "Inf embark vehicles" to "Yes" in properties-window. Nada.

heyho

Maybe there is not enough room in the groups vehicles?

I remember from CE2 that it worked best to have vehicles in seperate groups and assign other groups as transport to these vehicle groups. In my experience with the CEX beta this is true too or maybe its just my personal taste and opinion of how vehicles should be handled from a mission design point of view, who knows...

Quote[/b] ]Does anybody have links to missions other than in the beta pack that I can download..(what's happened to snakeman?)

There are none that I am aware of yet. Unfortunately, speaking from past experience, people tend to keep their CE missions private huh.gif . Everybody who has created a CEX missions is invited to post it here...I know you are out there smile_o.gif. BTW, Snake Man created the Demo missions in the CEX addon.

Quote[/b] ]is there anyway I can quickly view a selected unit? like in the OPF version where you can hit view?

I see the locked view and helmet view under the camera heading, however these are always grayed out. I like the new interface but it's annoying not being able to lock ur view on a selected unit.

Helmet cam and fixed cam are not implemented yet, but will be added in the next version. There is an undocumented feature which might help a bit: SHIFT-LMB on the minimap teleports the camera.

Quote[/b] ]But I have a problem, maybe I'm just doing something wrong. I can't get infantry to embark vehicles (in their group). To embark vehicles from other teams, no prob, but internal vehicles. Even when turning the "Inf embark vehicles" to "Yes" in properties-window. Nada.

Turning on "Inf embark vehicles" does not make infantry immediately embark their group vehicles, it just means that infantry is 'allowed' to enter vehicles. As per ArmA-behaviour, infantry will only enter after you give a movement command (to a sufficiently distant position) to the group. If its still not working for you, please report back, in case there is a bug.

Quote[/b] ]I remember from CE2 that it worked best to have vehicles in seperate groups and assign other groups as transport to these vehicle groups. In my experience with the CEX beta this is true too or maybe its just my personal taste and opinion of how vehicles should be handled from a mission design point of view, who knows...

Totally agree with Nepumuk here, even in general ArmA I do not think it is a good idea to mix infantry and vehicles in one group. Especially tanks and armoured inf carriers can not perform to their full potential. In CEX, keeping them separate gives you much more freedom. E.g. you can keep the carriers in the back to provide cover for the infantry.

Excellent release.  So cool.  And much easier to include in missions than in the OFP command engine.

I'd love to see a campaign where you're in charge of US forces on Sahrani during the SLA attack, and you have a limited pool of units throughout each mission.  If you lose a Stryker MGS you won't get it back in the following mission etc.  But from next week I won't have access to ArmA for up to 1 year, so i'll put that idea on hold.

Great job.

edit:

does anyone have any idea what causes this?  Happens as soon as I open the command menu.  It won't let me view the properties for any units either. It's probably something simple but i'm tired and can't think straight.

Quote[/b] ]Happens as soon as I open the command menu. It won't let me view the properties for any units either. It's probably something simple but i'm tired and can't think straight.

This happens when you open the CEX interface? And when selecting "Properties..."? What mission are you using? Does this happen with a CEX demo mission?

Quote[/b] ]I'd love to see a campaign where you're in charge of US forces on Sahrani during the SLA attack, and you have a limited pool of units throughout each mission. If you lose a Stryker MGS you won't get it back in the following mission etc. But from next week I won't have access to ArmA for up to 1 year, so i'll put that idea on hold.

If you look up the word "anti-climactic" in a dictionary you should see that statement as an example smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]This happens when you open the CEX interface? And when selecting "Properties..."? What mission are you using? Does this happen with a CEX demo mission?

I get that message as soon as I open the interface, and this message when I try to view the unit/squad properties.  I can still command the units though.  It doesn't happen in the demo missions, or any of my previous test missions, only this one i'm making right now.  I don't know if I inputted anything incorrectly or if it's a bug, but i've tried everything to fix it and it's getting on my tits.  It's past 3am here though and i'm tired, so I may have missed something obvious.

Quote[/b] ]If you look up the word "anti-climactic" in a dictionary you should see that statement as an example  smile_o.gif .

But my version of the Sahrani war involves the north sending hordes of zombies across the border.

I still have to try this out sometime, but it sounds really great. I always wanted a true strategic interface, and you pull it out nicely (as judging from videos).

Great work ! Keep 'em coming wink_o.gif

Malick

i'v try and find that incredible smile_o.gif very very good work, i hope some people port your work to cti yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]I get that message as soon as I open the interface, and this message when I try to view the unit/squad properties. I can still command the units though. It doesn't happen in the demo missions, or any of my previous test missions, only this one i'm making right now. I don't know if I inputted anything incorrectly or if it's a bug, but i've tried everything to fix it and it's getting on my tits. It's past 3am here though and i'm tired, so I may have missed something obvious.

I have no idea what could cause this problem. My only guess is that there is some wrong or missing link to a leader object in the description.ext. If you do not find a solution, please send me your mission (+description.ext) to cex@appliedgnosisgroup.com . Even if there is only a wrong input, I would like to output an appropriate error message so that mission editors are not left guessing.

Finally got to try this in depth. Two words- Top Notch. inlove.gif

I finally had some time testing this, played around in the demo missions.

Excellent work ! Not a single bug so far and everything works as advertised. I never thought it would be possible to have the HUD the way you made it and be able to follow units movements from any point of view.

Now, what's the use of VBS2 ? Best of all would be to add some AAR possibilities... wink_o.gif

Malick

Is it possible, to give both sides a command interface in a mp-game?

if no: is it planned?

Just asking...great work so far!

notworthy.gif

oh man! how the hell could i miss this news?

You were busy getting raided at night by English accent PR people.

I love the CEX btw...