Sign in to follow this  
Woolridge

Satellite & Layer Masks

I'm trying to create an Island based on the Rahmadi's model released by BIS.

I've created a small island with an external program (GeoControl) and exported to png. I've imported the island to the Visitor3 exactly as it says in the tutorial "Visitor 3: Making of simple landscape", using the same settings than has the SampleMap.

gcs0016rx8.th.jpg

Then I've modified the mask_ico.png and the sat_ico.png with photoshop to give them the appearance of my island.

The mask_ico.png is all in brown colour, with a small yellow & green zone, so all the island has to be with sand texture, and one part with grass. I guess that having the underwater surface in sand texture is correct.

gcs0024wq7.th.jpg

All right. When I import the satellite mask and layer mask, it makes the process correctly, and it creates de data/layers subfolder with all the info. Satellite and Layer files, and the .rvmat files too.

gcs0020nd3.th.jpg

All seems right, but when I connect the Buldozer, the result is that all textures are BLACK.

gcs0025yl3.th.jpg

What's wrong???

help.gifbanghead.gifsad_o.gif

i know! it`s because you use vista biggrin_o.gif

No, joking. You must convert your png textures to paa format with TexView2 or Photoshop(Plugin) or using Pac2pal.exe from Visitor 2 and change rvmat & layer.cfg texture format entry. In later Version this will be made automatically by Visitor.

I know it sucks banghead.gif

I recommend to read "Tutorial for Visitor 3?" Thread.

I created a batch file called png2paa with the following inside:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">START Pal2Pace %1

I then added it to the right-click context menu in Windows Explorer :

Tools/Folder Options/File Types

Select PNG and click the Advanced button, create a new action and give it a name (I called mine png2paa) then point it towards the batch file (I saved my batch file in the Windows folder).

Then copy Pal2PacE.exe and ijl15.dll into your Layers folder from the TexView2 folder.

Now when you select one/some or all the PNG files and right-click on them you should see png2paa in the menu, click it and all the files should convert.

Ok! I'll try it right NOW

Thanks both for the quick-response.

Quote[/b] ]

mask_ico.png and the sat_ico.png

These files should actually be called:

mask_lco.png

sat_lco.png

that is a lower-case L, not an upper-case i.

Planck

Hi, how did you export your terrain data from geocontrol into Visitor? I have looked at the tutorial but cant figure it out, any help would be appreciated, thanks smile_o.gif

geocontrol save as terragen .ter wilbur can open .ter

then save as png

or in wilbur save .ter as lon/lat .txt and the rename .txt too .xyz

visitor can import .xyz's

BiGGiBs