Sign in to follow this  
Supernova

PLA/VME 3.0 RELEASED

In this case the question is- Has ArmA been released in China? If so seeing a PLA mod in ArmA will be great.

I believe there will be many new features in 4.0 including the YW-535 (type 90) apc and many many others.

VME youtube video of the Taiwan invasion. I would like to point out that this is not 3.0 but lower immiediately noticeable by the WZ-10 colour scheme/camouflage (3.0 has black WZ-10)

They are less unit than the previous version, no? PLA soldiers have chinese name in the editor....

You are correct the usage of most artillery is non-functional now in 3.0 and the chinese soldier names are in chinese but in latin characters.

I just downloaded this off of ofp.info. Compared to the previous version there are no missions, no campaign and no config etc.

Is this supposed to be a patch to the previous version or a standalone pack?

They changed it to an Army pack. The models and such are much better, but there are also less features. Guess it's back to basics for the Mod team. Though PLA 4.0 was mentioned on this forum.

But look at the bright side, they no longer have the crappy (In my opinion) OPFOR units. So you can put them against the latest HYK Inf pack for example.

They changed it to an Army pack. The models and such are much better, but there are also less features. Guess it's back to basics for the Mod team. Though PLA 4.0 was mentioned on this forum.

But look at the bright side, they no longer have the crappy (In my opinion) OPFOR units. So you can put them against the latest HYK Inf pack for example.

Oh well, the pack is pretty nice but I miss the nifty AI scripts etc.

At least I can use it with FFUR.

-edit-

Would the missions from the previous version work? Any info on what v4.0 will include? Will it still be an 'army pack' or will they re-introduce the scripts?

@snafu:

I believe they are considering putting in the chinese H-6 (tu-16) , the PLZ04 , and other units. Unfortunately I believe it will still be a while before its released as 3.0 was released around july 21st, i also believe artillery will be back and working smile_o.gif and possibly type 62 , ZBD2000

does this update include the 1970's/80's era PLA troops i saw pics of on OFP.info a while back?

cyclvmepic4s.jpg

I forgot to mention it sorry about that. I believe that they will release 4.0 with artillery and new units and bug fixes and then they will releas probably the SINO-VIETNAM war campaign with addons.

I checked and in the meanwhile the only PLA 1970 pack/army I could find was from the ROC 3.1 mod.

Has anyone figured out a config for these? I'd like to try custom loadouts but the ofp.info d/l didnt contain one.