Sign in to follow this  
Jacobss

ArmA 2 on Xbox 360

Quote[/b] ]though I wish that a keyboard/mouse accessory will come out before ArmA2, cause fighting against a non-braindead AI can really be lethal.

If you actually get used to the controller there's no problem with surviving these battles smile_o.gif

Grim

If you actually get used to the controller there's no problem with surviving these battles  smile_o.gif

Grim

Killing zombies in DR is simple, but shooting fast moving targets is hard, especially when they use the sordid tactic of attacking from behind. Though Lost Planet has a good "fast-turn" movement, maybe it should be in ArmA 2 too.

I had no problems in OpFlash: Elite with moving, shooting etc. but let's see who makes the better Flashpoint Game for the 360 - BI or Codemasters.

I will buy both games anyway yay.gif

Grim :

Personally I've played ArmedAssault...

I've supported BIS from all way back to OFP, I've loved OFP as much as I could and I must admit I was fairly disappointed when they brought out a console version.

But some people I know actually enjoyed that game even though they had the pc version.

When ArmA was released I will admit I thought it was a huge mistake it was released way too early etc but I grew to love it.

Even with its HUGE performance issues on my GF7600...

I had some highly enjoyable moments on it.

And I'll be honest i'm highly excited about an X360 release, because if you think about it you'll see.

It'll bring in much needed money to BI and more people will hear about armed assault etc.

Not only that but I'm both a PC and 360 player and i'd love to get it on a console because i could play my brother who just plain can't use a keyboard and mouse...(He is old and stuck in his ways since the age of the Master System...29 is quite old :P)

And for people like him who could rather sit in a nice comfy sofa and play it on a console without all the damn performance issues we PC gamers have its a great thing (as long as BI actually focus on optimizing the damn game for once)

as for people saying

"Oh but if they bring out a console game they might not focus fully on the PC version"

They didn't do such a hot job on ArmA...With full focus...

It could hardly be worse than ArmA's first release 1.0v could it??

(Yes most problems are sorted now i know before the flames start)

In the end...ArmA2 on pc will be awesome...

ArmA2 on 360 will be just as great! Just without the addons...

And hey they might actually make a GOOD SINGLE PLAYER campaign!

I miss OFP:R's campaign

Anways look at it like this

It ain't going to do anyone harm it being released on multiplatform.

So don't complain and be happy, and just pray it won't be delayed as many times as ArmA and will be of better first release quality.

Zed

I dont understand why people bash releasing games on consoles.

OFP:E was nearly identical to the PC version except for the watered down mission making interface. Everything else was pretty much the same. It was a great game that never got the credit it deserved. I remember hearing friends complain about the graphics but never understood why. I mean hell, didnt they just engage a tank from 1800 meters away in a cobra and then land and move to the wreckage on foot. Then, in the same map, drive a tank another 3 KILOMETERS and kill some more stuff, while driving through villages and cities all with no loading screens. Hell, trying experiencing that in any other game.

I think it would be easier for developers to design a console version because they only have one configuration of hardware they have to worry about versus the multitude of potential combos that "elite" pc gamers have.

I dont think that BIS or any other developer will "dumb down" their PC product for the sake of a console.

Hell, when you really boil it down to the basics what is a console. A console is merely a PC that is built to a certain specification and designed for one end, gaming. That is all that it is supposed to do. So, it is tailored to do that, and do it well. Big deal it isnt upgradable to the latest greatest things. It doesnt have to be. Developers can squeeze more life out of something when they only have to code for one set of parameters.

I am very excited to see ArmA2 being offered for both PC and the 360. I will definitely purchase both versions, although I may end up playing the 360 version more because I wont have to worry about updating drivers or patching this or that or worrying about whether my video card or sound card may conflict with something.

And as a side note, those that say LIVE should be free need to think hard about what would happen if it was. No more updates to make LIVE better, less game servers, less tech support, less cool features, less everything. There is a reason why LIVE is waaaaay better than any Sony Online. You get what you pay for. $60 to $70 bucks a month is nothing compared to what you get out it.

I cant wait for ArmA2, for both platforms.

Amen to that:

Console games are for those people that are bit lazy and have fun as armchair heroes. Most of them don't bother about improvements, nice addons, missions etc.

On the other hand more customers who pay for it. Hopefully BIS is developing for PC first and then console. Otherwise it could be too childish.

I believe fat and lazy can fit in both groups with the exception of a "God complex" which tends to fall in the PC group for the most part. Me first you second!  icon_rolleyes.gif

I wonder.... did ARMA PC had the cheat hacks (childish) and quality issues (improvements)? Hmmmmm whistle.gif

Ah Xbox... console... banghead.gif

I have seen too many games being ruined by evil consoles. Not Arma 2!

Ah Xbox... console... banghead.gif

I have seen too many games being ruined by evil consoles. Not Arma 2!

If that was true it would imply 1 thing:

ArmA(1) ... not bothered by a console 'port' would be:

1. A masterpiece

2. A massive sales success because of 1

3. Without any faults (because we all know,that 'consoles' are the evil cause of all bad things happening to games)

So, hey, is above true?

1. Is ArmA(1) a 'masterpiece'?

2. Is it a massive sales success (and with that, not needing the poor consoles 'ports' to generate some minor extra cash)?

3. Is it still in ermmmm version 1.00?

Now if this was true, i could go along with the 'no-console-ports' argument. Why would you do console 'ports' if you didnt need the cash? But hey, now it comes back to you pc-folks. You just don't spend enough cash on ArmA to let BIS make a living? You really, really, really should do much more for your beloved ArmA than just a string of complaints, etc. If you don't want console ports, well be prepared to pay $160 for ArmA i.s.o a lousy $40. Just hand over your money in return for Bis not making console 'ports'.

But, no way the pc community is THAT dedicated:)

Quote[/b] ]Ah Xbox... console...

Don't feel bad dude, just realize that you PC folks are living in the dying age of your gaming platform. The consoles are getting more powerful with each new generation and simply give you more bang for your bucks with less trouble - more game less guff so to say. It's now HDTV time, which means everybody will have a super-size monitor in the living room connected to a really powerful engine solely dedicated to gaming, so the days of you 'office-gamers' are over. Just accept it  wink_o.gif

Grim

Quote[/b] ]Ah Xbox... console...

Don't feel bad dude, just realize that you PC folks are living in the dying age of your gaming platform. The consoles are getting more powerful with each new generation and simply give you more bang for your bucks with less trouble - more game less guff so to say. It's now HDTV time, which means everybody will have a super-size monitor in the living room connected to a really powerful engine solely dedicated to gaming, so the days of you 'office-gamers' are over. Just accept it wink_o.gif

Grim

Actually the PC industry is just growing and the biggest gaming platform on the planet... tounge2.gif

And maxquibit don't talk about ArmA 1. It's a fail.

Talk about OFP. It was PC only. It was a success. It wasn't ruined by evil consoles.

Actually the PC industry is just growing and the biggest gaming platform on the planet... :p

And maxquibit don't talk about ArmA 1. It's a fail.

Talk about OFP. It was PC only. It was a success. It wasn't ruined by evil consoles.

Which planet is that? And ArmA1 is a fail? How come?

Btw, OFP was pre-xbox remember. World changed A LOT since MS decided to go xbox and with 360/XBL they have a winner.

And do i have to remind you of the console port of OFP which is Elite? A great 'port' only frustrated by:

1. CM/BIS split up

2. Launch in same month as 360 (talk about bad timing)

PC is perhaps the biggest platform, but that is just fake, cause everybody has a pc. If you talk dedicated gamers i think you must look to consoles. 1 x 360 = 1 x dedicated gamer. Consoles work out-of-the-box and that is what the mass wants AND needs.

I play and enjoy Bioshock and PES2008 ... CoD4:MW and Mass Effect are coming, not forgetting Ace Combat 6 ... i let Halo3 slip btw ... now did i 'waste' more than 30 seconds on hardware/software/drivers/tweaks issues ... NO!!! And that is a very, very big argument in my book.

PC gaming is good for folks with too much time/money and dedication ... i won't bother for pc gaming anymore. ArmA1 was my last outing (until i discovered my then 200$ 7600GT was broken, specially bought for ArmA that was, took 2 months to get a new one ... worse than RoD on 360 i might say)

- dedicated 360 gamers talk about release dates

- dedicated pc gamers talk about hardware issues (Crysis is DX10 and stuff like that ... who gives a f**k? On 360 we only ask 'When is it coming?')

Well enough rant ... i'm back to 360 with PES2008 and Bioshock waiting to be played:)

Even though you love consoles, it doesn't change the fact that ArmA 2 could be as wide in console as it would be in PC. Developers have to concentrate on the damn consoles and will give the PC just a sad console-port.

Consoles are ok for your run & gun shooters like cod 4 or bioschock or some halo 3, but please don't ruin ArmA 2 with consoles.

'Which planet is that? And ArmA1 is a fail? How come?'

If you can think even just a bit with your console-a*s-brains, you can see how ArmA is a huge fail compared to Operation Flashpoint.

Even though you love consoles, it doesn't change the fact that ArmA 2 could be as wide in console as it would be in PC. Developers have to concentrate on the damn consoles and will give the PC just a sad console-port.

Consoles are ok for your run & gun shooters like cod 4 or bioschock or some halo 3, but please don't ruin ArmA 2 with consoles.

Heh rofl.gif Do you have read what the Spanel Brothers writted on BIS homepage? This Game would be not ruined on PC by 360 version, or 360 version on PC. BIS create games for money, and only the 360 version, can give them enough money for this work. ArmA wasn't ruined by console version and was this game good? No. 360 Version means too good for PC gamers, becouse Microsoft don't let on their platform "bugged" games likes ArmA, so the people are thinking bad, becouse they think when the game is released and is bad, it's becouse they have made console version. It's not true becuse developer wanted to do more arcade games like Rainbow Six series. And BIS will make a game, which will be good on both platforms. They have experience with consoles, look on OFP Elite, and they have experience with PC. Well, the game can be only so good, as they can. And the last thing, the people are thinking that BIS have money from nothing, well if they do only a PC version, it can mean only "no more games from BIS, we have not enough many". We must now only waiting on the publisher, which will do a great campaign-marketing and then many of 360 gamers will see this game and the BIS.

Arma bashing in here too?

Arma in its original form wouldnt be released for the 360 but the important thing is that BIS options were to release it or not and if you ask me thank god it was released, gaming was getting way too boring..

And boasting about CoD4 and Bioshock here is pretty sad.. i could play them lame shooters on my PC but the truth is i dont and playing Arma is what i do by choice. I might be interested in Crysis because technically it sounds really ground breaking and worth checking out... but Arma will remain my game of choice.

Also, the x360 release is only a partial excuse to the OPF:E failure, at release there werent enough 360's to meet demand and people didnt just throw away their old xbox's, many actually waited for its price to drop... the truth is that the players couldnt see over the graphics and prefer simple and not so serious games/simulations.

Well PC have more simulator players than any consoles and if this game is going to be military simulations there is more crown to PC version already. ArmA had some console features ripped left from Elite version like auto central aim/green icons symbols in engine that is rised many OFP fanatics blood pressure including my. Its all about . The biggest concern I have how well they could make customizable gameplay to PC version There is absolutely zero of that in any console products and when I get product I wanna just change everything its code (modding) it as much I want. I am looking for more complex controls like in vehicle I can control a jeep by my FFB driving wheels in planes hotas system contoller and as on soldier I could use my virtual hands in game world. All the current console-PC ports on market have been huge disapointment to me there is soon situation where there is no games to attract to buy it.

I have a powerful PC and a 360 - guess which I'll be buying ArmA2 for? Goes utterly without saying that it'll be PC.

Why would I limit myself so much as to buy it on the 360? I would have to cope with no community addons, a gamerpad (Mouse/Keyboard wins every time), and the multitude of idiots that roam xbox live. The very nature of the xbox is pick-up-and-play. I doubt many 360ers will play it how its meant to be played.

Someone also said "with every new generation" - the current generation of consoles is already beaten by the power of a modern PC. There will be no more console generations for what, 5? 10 years? And when it does come, the PC will undoubtedly beat it again. "Dying" indeed.

You may slag off the PC as much as you want, but it's definatley not dying - just getting bigger.

Also, the x360 release is only a partial excuse to the OPF:E failure

Partial 90% that is. Any game launched at release of the next-generation will face difficulty. Console gamers don't have unlimited funds either!!

That's why 2008 is perfect. DON"T slip again BIS (and CM i might add!)

Also, the x360 release is only a partial excuse to the OPF:E failure

Partial 90% that is. Any game launched at release of the next-generation will face difficulty. Console gamers don't have unlimited funds either!!

That's why 2008 is perfect. DON"T slip again BIS (and CM i might add!wink_o.gif

Yeah don't slip again and release any kind of console version of the game-

I have a powerful PC and a 360 - guess which I'll be buying ArmA2 for? Goes utterly without saying that it'll be PC.

You would indeed be utterly stupid not to buy it for your $1000 gamepc in which you invested multiple hours (or is it days, weeks maybe) of dedicated patching/tweaking/googling ... go ahead any day.

But while you are googling for some inexplicable driver 'issue' i might be playing PES2008. And when ArmA2 is released on PC and 360 we will both still have the game on the same day:)

Now 'googling' to understand the ever increasing complexity of the pc might seem a lot of fun to you. I personally like to game.

Just yesterday i lost a couple of hours to changing the gfx card, eliminating a 'faulty DVD drive' and stuff like that, that is AFTER i understood the problems, which took another bite. Now DEDICATED gamers might be interested in PC's as a platform, but CASUAL gamers should stay far away from this ... Do you really think CASUAL gamers understand ArmA v1.00 to v1.08????? ... imho they would give up after a solid 2-3hours or so:)

Do you really think CASUAL gamers understand ArmA v1.00 to v1.08huh.gif?? ... imho they would give up after a solid 2-3hours or so:)

Would you say games such as flashpoint are made for casual gamers? …hmm.

Do you really think CASUAL gamers understand ArmA v1.00 to v1.08????? ... imho they would give up after a solid 2-3hours or so:)

Would you say games such as flashpoint are made for casual gamers? …hmm.

No, i don't say that perse. But for BIS to make a living they must sell some copies, and a few thousand hard-core nutts are not gonna pay for all their salaries and stuff.

So, i suggest the socalled dedicated following of BIS wwould loosen up a tiny little bit and f*cking EMBRACE a good cosole 'port' and see it as a kid brother in the Flashpoint Universe.

If there is ONE THING i have never understood, it is the UN-love for Elite within the 'community'. A F****G disgrace.

So let me make clear ONCE AGAIN:

- I don't want any dumbed down shit (can be done)

- I would like ArmA2 on 360 (can be done)

- I would like a mission editor of some sorts (can be done)

- I would like to see DLC (like add-on/mod/missions/campaign/vehicles ... you name it, which, technicaly CAN BE DONE thru BIS/MS!)

What is wrong with that picture???? NOTHING!

You would indeed be utterly stupid not to buy it for your $1000 gamepc in which you invested multiple hours (or is it days, weeks maybe) of dedicated patching/tweaking/googling ... go ahead any day

LOL well if you really have that much trouble with a PC then you are indeed not cut out for it rofl.gif

Once you have things up and running a PC isn't much trouble at all. I guess you just don't have much experience with it or maybe you've had some bad experiences.

I would never want to trade my PC for console. My PC is pretty average now, 7800GT still on WinXP. I use it for music, games, internet and the odd bit of work and it handles it all just fine.

No need for a console. I want ArmA 2 to be moddable and to be able to turn my settings and viewdistance even higher (more than what the console could handle) when I upgrade it.

And Xbox live, sure as hell don't want that tounge2.gif

I get all that and more on a PC, without paying Microsoft an annual subscription for doing nothing.

Enjoy it when you have to pay for DLC while the PC users get custom mods and addons for free, as well as being able to make their own nener.gif

Edit: I'm not completely against there being a console version, as long as the PC version doesn't suffer. I just prefer my games on PC.

You would indeed be utterly stupid not to buy it for your $1000 gamepc in which you invested multiple hours (or is it days, weeks maybe) of dedicated patching/tweaking/googling ... go ahead any day

LOL well if you really have that much trouble with a PC then you are indeed not cut out for it :rofl:

Once you have things up and running a PC isn't much trouble at all I guess you just don't have much experience with it or maybe you've had some bad experiences.

Exactly! (check bold text:)

Once you have this, have that have v1.08 installed (eagerly awaiting v1.09 and things like that)

And, yes I GAVE UP on pc gaming. Mind you i had once a MONSTER 3D card (to play Quake), back in the old days. Don't be lazy and ASSUME i have no pc knowlegde. I have enough, more than enough. Enough to know pc gaming won't ever change and a single person will not 'win' the ever increasing hw upgrade death trap. As soon as you buy a piece of hw, it is junk cause 2 months later something new/better comes along. Now consoles give you some rest with a fixed specs (also benificial for devs imo)

So i'm not anti-pc gaming. I just want my ArmA2/360 ... and i don't need pc-guys saying 'consoles are bad for games', that is just plain nonsense.

If you can prove that electrons in Consoles behave different than running around in pc's (as in, they don't follow the commands coded in c++ or whatever, as in 'Hey, i am an electron in a console, i dont want to do THAT, that is for pc, this is a console, we do things different here you know') i will:

1. Agree that it is better to go pc

2. Award you the Noble prize for a remarkable discovery