Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR-SLX 2007 2.0

Is there a reason why the links to 2.5 on the FFUR website are all dead?

Can someone provide me with an alternative link?

actuallly i know the techwarriorz link work but they capped the word MOD in the link is all. Should be simple for TB to correct. If a problem still goto www.techwarriorz.com we host the files there as well.

Is there a reason why the links to 2.5 on the FFUR website are all dead?

Can someone provide me with an alternative link?

actuallly i know the techwarriorz link work but they capped the word MOD in the link is all. Should be simple for TB to correct. If a problem still goto www.techwarriorz.com we host the files there as well.

Thx downloaded there!

Here's a little streaming Movie showing a firefight between US and Soviet forces, the purpose of the video is to show the implementation of new "crack" SFX (a la FROMZ 1.4 for ArmA) that aim at making combat more immersive and close to real life firefights.

Retextured BIS/InQ AH-1F to a woodland scheme as well.

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/9066/ah1bx8.jpg

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Is there a reason why the links to 2.5 on the FFUR website are all dead?

Thank you for reporting it, I will fix'em asap.

Regards,

TB

Thank you!

No problem!

Keep up the good work!!!

Does anyone have "Mr. Burns AEC Islands Selection?"

I'm looking for the file suggested on FFUR's website that is hosted on Burn's site that is no longer available. The file goes by the name "modern_aec030906.exe."

It was once hosted on

http://hx3.de/files/team/mrburns/ofpstuff/modern_aec030906.exe

If anyone could provide these great Islands or host them on FileFront, I would be thankful and I am sure others would as well.

Google hasn't returned any other result on "modern_aec030906.exe," I tried looking for other hosts and it was no dice.

Nice job Tbird.

Looking good, my hope is that it doesn't take to long to fix the issues that anyone incl me found in their beta reports. The AH-1F is looking good - much better than the BIS version (Nice textures wink_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]Does anyone have "Mr. Burns AEC Islands Selection?"

This addon has been hosted by a lot of people. This on was provided by Zuku1 on filefront - Modern AEC Islands

TechwarriorZ also have it on there website.

This addon has been hosted by a lot of people. This on was provided by Zuku1 on filefront - Modern AEC Islands

TechwarriorZ also have it on there website.

Thanks, but I don't believe that .rar has the same stuff in it as the .exe as the credits in the ReadMe do not read "Mr. Burns."

I tried browsing TechWarriorZ's site for the same exe that was offered on FFUR's homepage, but I couldn't find it as each folder came up 404.

Quote[/b] ]Thanks, but I don't believe that .rar has the same stuff in it as the .exe as the credits in the ReadMe do not read "Mr. Burns."

I believe the .rar is a newly added version of the original. Mr Burns was the hosted who I believe hosted the files on a website. I think the WGL mod had there own version of the Islands and the .rar file listed should do the same thing as the .exe.

I downloaded ffsx '85 pack...excellent but why you writed all lines in english? No problem for me...I can speak too easy the english but the others players.

Are you working for a "Better models and textures faces" for the mod? whistle.gifwhistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Thanks, but I don't believe that .rar has the same stuff in it as the .exe as the credits in the ReadMe do not read "Mr. Burns."

It has all the content of the the .exe file, it's just post "installer".

Here is the original .exe (installer) version that was linked on FFUR.net. It's packed in an .rar file for uploading purposes, but inside is the .exe file. Just make sure not to run it in the OFP directory or it will overwrite your original .wrp files.

Link to modern_aec030906

I want to thank everyone for the amazing work, but I have a question. I am totally new to the FFUR mods, so I wanted to make sure: These update the AI and the graphics, but neither this mod nor the '85 mod add any MISSIONS or CAMPAIGNS, correct? If this this is the case, does anyone recommend any good campaigns to take advantage of the 2007 FFUR? (I understand that the 2008 '85 updates the original BIS campaigns). Thanks so much.

It's a Replacement mod, as in it replaces all standard BIS content. So in other words all campaigns and missions that use standard BIS content will have the replacement models/textures.

Theres a ton of missions and campaigns out there to play that those should work pretty well with. check ofp.gamepark.cz

I don't think so. Both mods have bin directories and this will most likely cause errors of all sorts.

The mission "Alert" seems to come out wierd. The first time, I boarded the truck at the end, but we never left. When I got off the truck, I was told to get back on it? So I just sat there for awhile till I said the hell with it. The other time the truck never came and myself and one other survivor followed the leader for like a mile on our bellies way, way past where the mission took place. We were following him, but he's going the wrong way, AWAY from the mission area. Again, I finally said screw it. What gives? I have FFUR 2007 installed. No SLX. Could it be an issue with FFUR, or is this normal and I just failed the mission or something?

The mission "Alert" seems to come out wierd. The first time, I boarded the truck at the end, but we never left. When I got off the truck, I was told to get back on it? So I just sat there for awhile till I said the hell with it. The other time the truck never came and myself and one other survivor followed the leader for like a mile on our bellies way, way past where the mission took place. We were following him, but he's going the wrong way, AWAY from the mission area. Again, I finally said screw it. What gives? I have FFUR 2007 installed. No SLX. Could it be an issue with FFUR, or is this normal and I just failed the mission or something?

if you didn't use SLX, i think that's the mission bug, because FFUR is purely only replacing the units, not the game mechanism like SLX's did.

just re-installed this mod after a long pause - adds a whole new life to OFP. Great work TB.

Small issue - don't know if it has been brought up - when using the RPG or any anti-armor infanteer - some of the missiles go WAY off even though I am near point blank (ambush) range. Is this a random script or is this a conflict with something ?

Hope somebody can assist - cheers.

-Chapman

I had a similar problem in the mission "Rescue". The Resistance was never able to blow up the tank to allow the mission to continue. I must have restarted trying different things 50 times. I reloaded the mod. I tried everything. The only way I could do it was to play the mission stock/w/out FFUR activated. I appreciate all the hard work in FFUR, but I have had alot of trouble. I think it's more than I really wanted anyway, so in frustration I gave GRAA a go. No problems, and I like the original weapon and vehicle models.