Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR-SLX 2007 2.0

Thank you very much now all I need to do is figure out what to do with the radios cheers buddy.

Thank you very much now all I need to do is figure out what to do with the radios cheers buddy.

Try playing with "SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf" file in "@ffsx2007" folder. Go to:

//SLX_NoArty = 1;

and change it to (remove // before it):

SLX_NoArty = 1;

You will probably have to restart the mission to see the changes.

Edited by ddeo

Cheers for pointing me in the right direction what I did was locate the group link 3 radio settings..

/*****

Group Link 3 Radio Settings

*****/

// Radio weapons that AI's can use to call in artillery with. Only SINCGARS is included in GL3.

// Default radios : "SLX_PRC119_SINCGARS","LSR_r109","LSR_prc117","sebprc25","BAS_Satcom","sebtyp63", "OFrP_TRC9200", "sfpra180", "BAS_Type63", "UKF_CLANSMAN", "OPK_RDO371"

SLX_Radios = [{SLX_PRC119_SINCGARS},{LSR_r109},{LSR_prc117},{sebprc25},{BAS_Satcom},{sebtyp63},{OFrP_TRC9200},{sfpra180},{BAS_Type63},{UKF_CLANSMAN},{OPK_RDO371}];

// Radio weapons the squads will be equiped with. Radios are chosen randomly from the list.

/*

Examples:

No radios: SLX_ResRadios = [{}];

One in three squads gets a radio: SLX_WestRadios = [{SLX_PRC119_SINCGARS},{},{}];

Mixed radios: SLX_EastRadios = [{LSR_r109},{sebtyp63},{},{}];

*/

// Radio weapons that west squads will automatically be equipped with. Default is SINCGARS.

SLX_WestRadios = [{SLX_PRC119_SINCGARS}];

// Radio weapons that east squads will automatically be equipped with.

SLX_EastRadios = [{ffur_r109}];

// Radio weapons that resistance squads will automatically be equipped with.

SLX_ResRadios = [{ffur_r109}];

And deleted it problem solved no more radios thanks again now its perfect!:D

Would it be possible to overwrite an animation from the FFUR with another one? I love run animation from GRAA mod (sprint and other animations in FFUR are the same as in GRAA I guess). While replacing animation I also would like to stick with all the new FFUR features like dragging wounded soldiers. Are the all new FFUR animations together with dragging animation are in "ffur_anims.pbo"? If yes, how can I replace only one animation from this file?

I think messing with the animins could really screw some things up especially the dragging wounded men, then again I'm a total noob so I don't really know.

To replace the anims is pretty easy, first you must get yourself a .pbo extractor, then extract the entire anims.pbo from GRAA (I think it's called been a while since i've done this) and do the same for FFUR find the anims that are.... the names escape me, check the GRAA and WW4 mod forum threads, As I asked the same questions and got my answers from Sanctuary.

once you find the right files it's just a matter of repboing the folder that you extracted to and playing the game.

and yes, if you mess around with the SLX drag anims you will mess something up.

To replace the anims is pretty easy, first you must get yourself a .pbo extractor, then extract the entire anims.pbo from GRAA (I think it's called been a while since i've done this) and do the same for FFUR find the anims that are.... the names escape me, check the GRAA and WW4 mod forum threads, As I asked the same questions and got my answers from Sanctuary.

once you find the right files it's just a matter of repboing the folder that you extracted to and playing the game.

and yes, if you mess around with the SLX drag anims you will mess something up.

Thank You. I think I have found Yours and Sanctuary's posts about replacing animations. There is still little big problem though, I'll need a name of this one animation and if I understand correctly I will have to change animation timing in one of the classes in FFUR config. I am completly green at modding, but I have pretty much time right now, so I will look into it!

I have one more question and probably I should ask about it in ww4 topic. What files do I need to copy to have all the new weapons and units from ww4 in FFUR? I am sure Sanctuary has posted what files needs to be copied, but it was for version 1.0, has something been changed since then (I mean: do I need to copy more files)? I know both mods are not compatible, but I would like to at least have new units and weapons from ww4 in FFUR. If I will copy the new units and weapons will I be able to run missions made for ww4?

Edit: It was for mods, which doesn't provide new configs. So I guess I cannot mix both mods because FFUR does have its config, tell me if I'm wrong. :)

Edited by ddeo

Are you sure I have to work with anims.pbo, not Anim.pbo? I've replaced Anim.pbo from FFUR with the one from GRAA and I had different running animation (not the one from GRAA, but different, with weapon holded like during shooting). Also I've checked both ffur_anims.pbo and sanc_animcr.pbo. What I found is that most animations have different names and Sanctuary's animations have additional 45º animation.

I've runned also GRAA mod today, I haven't seen it for a year I think. I have to say, that all the animations from GRAA are masterpeace. ;) I wish I could use all of those with addition of FFUR animations like swimming and dragging wounded soldiers.

Can someone tell me name of song in main menu from mod 'ffur 2007' please?

The Unit (Jednostka) movie theme.

robert duncan if I remember correctly

Can anyone tell me how to add the "drag body" command to 3rd party soldier addons?

Thanks

Hi everyone!

I want to tell the FFUR 2007 SLX is a the great mod.

Thanks to Thunderbird!

I got a problem whith version 2.5 when install the addons (not including the ffur) for example the cars, weapons after all that when i launch the ofp i see the black screen what a problem?

With version 2.0 everything works fine.

Ok so I finally got my new pc its a real beast very sadly though and with deep deep regret I had to take windows 7 as my operating system no idea if this is causing some of the problems I am facing its already caused enough inconvenience.

FFUR will no longer run unless I install both replacement packs ie grass AND res buildings, the grass I can deal with but the new buildings cause me problems and Ive never chosen that option but now its the only one I can choose because when I try to run the game after picking option 2 it simply comes up with the dos screen saying I have not installed the replacement pack and insists I must install it before I can play.

Any ideas?

Scratch that now I cant play it even if I install everything.

Edited by mrmoon

Fixed turns out it was windows 7 in order to do pretty much anything I had to turn off the uac.

I'm running into a bit of a problem. I keep getting the "replacement pack not installed" error when I try to run FFUR. So I did some silting through the forums here, and every single link to the hotfix seems to be dead(It's not on filefront, and all the other sites it's on are old and shut down.) I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to re-post a download link to the hotfix. I look forward to playing this mod.

-Kies

In the SLX Group Link Three Settings it says...

/*****

Group Link 3 Tactical Settings

*****/

// Amount of info a group needs about an enemy unit to become alerted to them. 4 is maximum known value. Default is 0.25.

SLX_Alert = 0.28;

Does an increase in this number mean enemy units are more easily alerted, or is it a decrease?

/*****

Enemy strength is 0.5 when equally matched.

Enemy strength is at 1 when enemies are twice as strong as allies.

Enemy strength is at 0.25 when enemies are half as strong as allies.

Groups in stealth mode do not perform maneuvers.

*****/

// Enemy strength relative to ally strength that groups should attack at.

SLX_AttackRatio = 1;

// Enemy strength relative to ally strength that groups should withdraw at.

SLX_RetreatRatio = 0;

Does this mean that Group Link will alter the enemy unit's skill level? If so, what do I need to do make group link 3 leave unit skill levels alone?

Thanks

In the SLX Group Link Three Settings it says...

Does an increase in this number mean enemy units are more easily alerted, or is it a decrease?

Does this mean that Group Link will alter the enemy unit's skill level? If so, what do I need to do make group link 3 leave unit skill levels alone?

Thanks

The higher the number the more info they need to be alerted. so the smaller the number the easier they are alerted.

And group link does not alter skill levels, the strength is numbers.

so if you have 6 units, then 0.5 would mean the enemy also has 6 units, 1 would mean they have 12, and 0.25 means 3.

I have mine set for 1.5 retreat, most interesting gameplay imo.

Edited by Birdy890

And group link does not alter skill levels, the strength is numbers.

so if you have 6 units, then 0.5 would mean the enemy also has 6 units, 1 would mean they have 12, and 0.25 means 3.

You have just totally confused me. Does group link add these soldiers at the start of the mission or....? Maybe Im not even using group link.

:confused: :confused:

You have just totally confused me. Does group link add these soldiers at the start of the mission or....? Maybe Im not even using group link.

:confused: :confused:

no, no, silly! :p

I said IF you have.

the 0.5 is a ratio to the enemy forces.

so like i said in the earlier post if there is a battle of 3 vs 6 then that would mean 1.

3 vs 3 would be 0.5

8 vs 4 would be 0.25 (but 1 for opposite side.)

it just calculates when the units flee or attack.

Grouplink doesn't add any units to the field, it just tells them what to do.

SO:

If you're in a battle with the AI and in your squad you have 8 guys, and in their squad they have 2, chances are they're gonna either run for their lives, or if you're close enough to them surrender right there.

If you have "SLX_RetreatRatio" set to 0 however, then they will never retreat or surrender

SO:

If in a particular mission you have 4 guys, and the enemy has 8 but doesn't have orders to attack your guys via waypoints (meaning the mission maker would have to command them to) then it calculates if they have double the amount of men they will attack you, without waypoints.

sorry for my rushed post earlier, i was just leaving for work.

Edited by Birdy890

Well that clears things up! :) Thanks for the explanation; now I know whats going on haha.

I got a new question...;)

Im wanting to tweak around with the shot event handlers:

/*****

Group Link 3 Shot Effects

Settings for the shot effect event handler.

*****/

// Shot effects setting. Shot effects include bullet impact dirt and dust, shock dust from firing near ground, and smoking machine gun barrels. Setting to 0 disables shot effects. Setting to 1 enables shot effects using faster estimated hit locations.

SLX_ShotFX = 1;

I want to get ride of the dust and dirt that gets kicked up with each shot as it seems to be quite draining on FPS performance. However, setting this control to "off" also disables tracers, which is something that I want to keep. Is there anyway to disable the dust and dirt but still keep the tracers?

Here is an edited copy of the SLX_GL3_Settings section:

/*****

Group Link 3 Shot Effects

Settings for the shot effect event handler.

*****/

// Shot effects setting. Shot effects include bullet impact dirt and dust, shock dust from firing near ground, and smoking machine gun barrels. Setting to 0 disables shot effects. Setting to 1 enables shot effects using faster estimated hit locations.

SLX_ShotFX = 1;

// Explosive ammo. Disables ricochets and has a chance of setting things on fire. All regular OFP explosive ammo enabled by default.

_Shells = [{Shell73},{Heat73},{Shell105},{Heat105},{Shell120},{Heat120},{Shell125},{Heat125}];

_Bullets = [{ExplosiveBullet},{Bullet30},{Bullet30W},{Bullet30A10},{Bullet30E},{Bullet4x23},{Bullet4x20}];

_Missiles = [{AT3},{LAW},{RPG},{CarlGustav},{AT4},{AA},{9K32},{Hellfire},{HellfireApach},{Zuni},{Rocket57},{AT6},{Maverick},{Ch29T},{LaserGuidedBomb}];

SLX_Explo = [{Throw},{Grenade},{Mortar}] + _Shells + _Bullets + _Missiles;

// Weapons, ammo types, magazines, and sides that fire red tracers. List side or ammo type twice with "ALL" at the end of the second entry to have tracers for every shot.

//SLX_RedTracers = [WEST]; // Tracers on all west units.

//SLX_RedTracers = [WEST,{WestALL}]; // Tracers on all west shots.

SLX_RedTracers = [{M60},{Browning},{MachineGun7_6},{Bullet12_7},{Heat105},{Heat120},{Heat105ALL},{Heat120ALL},{ExplosiveBullet},{Bullet30},{Bullet30W},{Bullet30A10},{Bullet30E},{Bullet4x20},{SLX_BulletSingleW_T},{SLX_BulletSingleW_TALL},{SLX_BulletBurstW_T},{SLX_BulletBurstW_TALL},{ffur_545x39_Auto_Bulletred},{ffur_545x39_Auto_Bulletred},{ffur_762x51_Auto_Bulletred},{ffur_762x51_Auto_Bulletredcoax},{ffur_762x51_Auto_Bulletredcoax},{ffur_127x99_Auto_Bulletred},{ffur_127x107_Auto_Bulletred},{FFUR_BushmasterHE},{FFUR_BushmasterAP},{FFUR_M240Bullet},{FFUR_Coax1},{W_LAV25_MAGcoax},{W_LAV25_25mmHE},{W_LAV25_25mmAP}];

// Weapons, ammo types, magazines, and sides that fire green tracers. List side or ammo type twice with "ALL" at the end of the second entry to have tracers for every shot.

//SLX_GreenTracers = [EAST,RESISTANCE]; // Tracers on all east and resistance units.

//SLX_GreenTracers = [EAST,{EastALL},RESISTANCE,{ResistanceALL}]; // Tracers on all east and resistance shots.

SLX_GreenTracers = [{PK},{MachineGun12_7},{MGun},{Heat73},{Heat125},{Heat73ALL},{Heat125ALL},{T55G},{Bullet4x23},{SLX_BulletSingleE_T},{SLX_BulletSingleE_TALL},{SLX_BulletFullAutoE_T},{SLX_BulletFullAutoE_TALL},{SLX_BulletSingleG_T},{SLX_BulletSingleG_TALL},{SLX_BulletFullAutoG_T},{SLX_BulletFullAutoG_TALL},{ffur_762x54R_Auto_Bulletgreen},{ffur_127x107_Auto_Bullet},{ffur_145x107_Auto_Bullet},{ffur_kord},{ffur_NSV_k},{ffur_Tunguska_30mm},{RKT_TU22_Bullet}];

// Exclude shot effects from types of ammo, mags, weapons, units.

//SLX_Exclude = []

SLX_Exclude = [{WGL_RucksackAlice},{WGL_Throw}];

**NOTE**

I do know about this SLX_Exclude command. However, I am trying to find an easier way to disable dust than having to list all the ammo not only with vanilla OFP, but with all my addons as well.

***EDIT***

I did some fooling around on the desert Island and it seems that tracers from ground units (tanks, infantry, etc.) dont work/appear. However, tracers from planes and helicopters still work...?

Edited by Blitzen

Well, wouldn't know how to do that without screwing around with the config.cpp file, and I wouldn't recommend that, cause it's too tedious...

What I do recommend is lowering your cloudlet details, in the FlashpointPreferences.exe

because this is such an old game, it doesn't really do well with new hardware, I have a HD 5870 wich SHOULD blow this game outta the water, but if i rack up the graphics, it laaaaags bad.

sorry I can't be more helpful. :(

Hey! Just reinstalled FFUR 2007 SLX 2.5; when was the last time that this mod had an active MP server? I heard about GOL's server. Would anyone be up for FFUR coop?

Hi I would like to ask I pull mod Sef hmmwv

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8872

into ffur 2.5 .Now to the question when i choose in editor hmmwv with shield HMMWV7.jpg .i mean this . my soldier with gun standing deep in the car and watching his foot out of the car the same my car passenger he standing no sitting in the car .How i fix this bug .In vannila game ofp res.1.96 this bug dont have thanks