Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR-SLX 2007 2.0

still didn't work

If you already installed the mod you can try to run it by making shortcut and adding parameter -mod=@ffsx2007. This way 2.0 version worked for me, but as I've said before I've installed 2.5 and I don't have to make additional shortcuts now.

If you installed the mod, but you haven't launched "Launch the MOD.exe" and installed replacement pack by it, or by clicking 1 of 4 bat files, then mod probably will not run correctly.

Edited by ddeo

Hey I'm having the same problem as Greyhawk had. I can't finish mission called "alert" with ffur 2007 2.5 new version. AI is not getting into the truck, but instead they are running straight to the town and they are not activating waypoint.

I have tried to copy and replace the lines of code of config.cpp posted above by Grayhawk, but it didn't worked. I decided to check line by line of this code and looks like both parts are the same. Since I don't have old version of ffur 2007 I don't know if both configs look the same, or if Greyhawk posted twice the same code by accident.

Anyone knows a solution for this little problem? :)

ps. I will try to look for old version of ffur 2007 config and check the code again. I will update this post after I will find something out. Any help will be still appreciated!

edit: I've downloaded and checked ffur 2007 v1.05 config. Part of code posted by Grayhawk is the same in both versions of configs. I need help! :)

edit2: I think I've found out what is the problem with weird AI reactions in BIS missions. I can be wrong, but looks like group link, which is included in SLX is making this problem. Team when is big is separating sometimes, so group link is making new, smaller teams to for example make AI able to flank enemy. This is very good feature, but it's sometimes causing bugs in missions.

In "alert" mission from original, cwc campaign I had this problem because there are 2 teams, which at the end of the mission have to be one team. I've mention already in this post how it can end up. :) I have tried to play this mission few times and third time teams were separated also, at the end of the mission my leader was running again to the town and I was thinking "not again"... He didn't runned so far and when area was clear teams have been connected again and we received proper order to mount into the truck. So third time everything worked perfectly. :)

Hope it will be useful for someone, cheers.

Edited by ddeo

this what i did i download ffur 2007 2.0 then i download no hwtl 2xp as it was trying to download it said access denied on most of it so den i download ffur 2007 2.5 still didnt work so what to do now.

@Caleb

Do you have admin rights over your computer? You maybe logged in as a user with limited privilages....

My problem, which I wrote 3 posts above came back in next mission: "Montignac must fall". After capturing town looks like teams are in 2 groups, but this time problem is about trucks, which are not coming to pick my team up. I'm not sure what is the problem now, maybe it's "group link" feature again. Group link from what I know has 2 additional options for AI, which could be reason of my problem in "Montignac must fall" mission:

1. When driving under fire AI will get out of the vehicle and start fight. maybe driver of the truck has been ambushed and he get out of the truck thats why trucks are not coming,

2. When AI have to move far away they will try to look for transport.

I don't know if any of the 2 features I've mention are the reasons of my problem, I'm just guessing. It can be also something wrong with AI detections, Sanctuary mention about it in this thread few posts above. I've tried to set 900m view distance, but it didn't helped. I would like to try to edit Sensitivity and SensitivityEar in config.cpp but I don't know original flashpoint settings of it. Anyone could write them for me, or tell me how to convert bin to cpp to get those settings?

edit: In SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf, which is in ffur folder I've removed // for line of code: "SLX_Exclude = SLX_Exclude + [];", which is in "Disable Group Link 3 Effects". After restarting mission everything went fine and mission worked correctly.

edit2: Yes, it's once again me. Mission worked correctly till... looks like problem came back in the same mission when hind is destroying blackhawk. My team instead of going to forest is hiding somewhere in the town from hind. I've tried to replay the mission several times and to disable suppress fire from GL3 config, but nothing helped me yet to avoid this AI bug.

Edited by ddeo

Bump! Anyone knows the solution for my problem, which I've mention in post above? I still can't get rid of it and I would like to play ofp once again, but I can't.

So does this replace the 1985 soldiers with modern units, or does it add the modern units to editor lists and upgrade 85' models/textures?

So does this replace the 1985 soldiers with modern units, or does it add the modern units to editor lists and upgrade 85' models/textures?

Think of it like the ultimate replacement config.

Its says in the PDF readme that Squadleaders and RTO's can call in airsupport but i dont see any option for calling airsupport, only can call artillery... why is that?

Also the PDF readme says that there is a SP and MP config in the ffsx2007 folder but i've searched the whole folder and there is no SP and MP config.

And is there a classlist somewhere to be found?

Edited by Ville89

I installed the mod but it says I need to install the replacement pack... apparently I need something called hotfix 2.01. Anyone got it?

I have a problem, i have installed FFUR 2.0 then installed 2.5

and when i click on the launch icon it comes up to install the replacement pack, i do that, but then when i click on the launch icon again it comes up again that i have to install the replacement pack.

what do i have to do

help please

I first brought ofp when I was like 12 or 13 and I wasnt terribly good at it, I kept getting stuck on every campaign, was rubbish at commanding a squad and literally spent all my time on it messing around in the mission editior.

So 8 years later I see a youtube video for ffur slx 85 2008 and I nearly bust a nut I dled it straight away eager to play one of my most cherished games the whole way through for the first time with awesome new graphics and effects.

Fully patched I started the cold war crisis campaign was fairly impressed up untill the mission where you have to race to the aid of your c.o who has been ambushed as he left morton in his jeep. The apc didn't even make it half way towards the usual combat zone before it was hit by what I am asuming was an rpg three hours l8r after hours of trying to work my way through the broken campaign I gave up and found ffur 2007.

I was much happier with the modern units and the added effects etc and this older version seemed far more compatable with the bis missions except for the odd evac/support chopper being shot down by tanks on the ground (for which I just switched to ffur euro crisis which was pretty cool making it feel like a big nato operation instead of just an american one) oh and the standard ww2 looking guba :butbut:

Im wondering wether or not to switch to ffur SLX 2007 so before I spend however long it takes to dl that bad boy...

Does it break the bis campaigns hard like 85 version does?

Is it good for playing user missions? (facile ground and gdce rock with ffur)

Does guba get a facelift?

Will I spend hours rolling around on the floor waiting to be healed for a grazed knee?

Do russian machine gun posts actually aim over the sandbags instead of straight into them?

Do helos still get smashed out of the sky by cheeky t-90s and m1a2s?

Will I get a crosshair like in 2007 or not like in fuur85?

Random question: who on earth does the bmp dwarf all the other tanks in the artic pack?:confused:

Edited by mrmoon

Well to answer my own question.

Yes Guba gets his much needed face lift although no real imagination was used.

Yes Russian fixed machine guns now fire over sandbags.

Yes you get a cross hair.

You don't always spend hours rolling around on the floor.

I think helos still get blown out of the sky by tanks causing chaos in certain missions.

A fair few missions still seem to be broken by ffurs ai changes.

I really did want to like the latest version of ffur, I loved the over the shoulder 3rd person cam, I loved the amazing new effects, I love the new replacement units and the new units that don't appear in the bis campaigns.

I love the radio inside vehicles, the smoke and fire, the dragging wounded comrades and various other little touches I really want to love this mod.

But the AI has been so f**ked around with it makes playing any of the best user missions virtually impossible, trying to play airborne my chopper kept trying to drop me off in the center of the air field right in the middle of the Russian's then on facile ground I made it as far as the mine sweep bit before the scripts broke and nothing happened.

I'm not sure just how many of the bis missions are broken but due to the fact that it makes user missions (especially the best ones) highly unstable and that it has no custom missions of its own specially made to show off new content I cant really see what this master piece is good for other then messing around in the editor.

I am currently getting to grips with the mission editor myself doing a few tutorial missions and getting familiar with triggers and scripting system and was hoping to make a few missions intended to be played on this mod but now I can't help wondering how difficult that would be given the instability of the AI etc using ffur 2007 slx.

So with bitter disappointment I switch back to an older version :icon_cry:

Bump! Anyone knows the solution for my problem, which I've mention in post above? I still can't get rid of it and I would like to play ofp once again, but I can't.

I have solution for my problem and I decided to share it. I've got rid of it by editing "SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf" from "@ffsx2007" folder. First thing, which needs to be changed is "SLX_GL3_Path" under "Group Link 3 Settings". Default is "SLX_GL3_Path = {\SLX_GL3\};", so add "//" before this and remove those "//" from "SLX_GL3_Path = {};", which is under it. As the comment above says it disables GL3 entirely. I don't know if it's enough to make it work, because I've also changed those options: "SLX_Alert" to 4 and I've removed "//" from "SLX_Exclude = SLX_Exclude + [];" and "SLX_NoSuppress = 1;"

Unfortunately disabling entire GL3 disables things like calling artillery and group link wounds and dragging. Still, it can be useful for anybody to accomplish some of the missions. I only wish I could lower view distance of AI (lowering entire view distance in graphic settings doesn't help much).

Edit: The problem if somebody doesn't know was about weird AI mood, this was making some missions from original ofp unaccomplishable.

Thanks Sanctuary, I'll change that to original ofp settings and tell about the results. I'm in "After Montigniac" (argh!) mission and enemy AI can see me everywhere. :D

Edit2: I was able today to finish mission "Montigniac must fall" with GL3 ON. Although I was using the settings I've wrote above I didn't remove whole GL3 (I've left GL3 path option, but I guess while leaving other options game will still work properly). It takes a lot more time for AI to get into the truck after clearing the town and also it takes even longer for AI to move into the forest to finish the mission. I've used modified config this time to have original distance view settings for AI, so maybe that helped me.

Edit3 Ok after testing this mission 4-5 times with all default GL3 settings ON I finally completed it. AI are acting wierd and it takes a lot time for US soldiers at the end of the mission to move into the forest and finish the mission. Most of time because of Hind they are doing supressive fire instead going into the forest (removing "//" before "SLX_NoSuppress = 1;" doesn't help at all even when i restart entire mission). However it is possible after few tries to accomplish the mission (best possible way is to save the game before Blackhawk comes to LZ). So I guess it should be end of story about this problem, all the solutions are in this post. Hope it will be useful for somebody!

Edited by ddeo

In the mod config.cpp, you can try to lower

sensitivity=

sensitivityEar=

of the men classes in CfgVehicles to level used in default OFP.

And for the each CfgAmmo, look into the

minRange=

minRangeProbab=

midRange=

midRangeProbab=

maxRange=

maxRangeProbab=

And change them to level used in default OFP too.

(see a default OFP config to compare)

Should make the AI as nearly blind and deaf as in default OFP and disallow them to shoot you at more than 250/300m, like in default OFP.

Thanks, this worked. I've edited all the settings You've told me to and I have removed minRange=, minRangeProbab=, midRange=, midRangeProbab=, maxRange=, maxRangeProbab= from additional ffur weapons and replacements to use default settings.

Edit: Everything is working ok at this moment, but in sunday I'll try to additionaly edit "Range" settings without removing them from new weapon's classes. Thanks again Sanctuary!

Edit2: Using original "Range" settings without removing them from new weapon's classes doesn't solve the problem. Range settings needs to be removed from those classes to make ffur work compatible with some of the missions (for example it is not possible to finish "FRIENDLY VISIT" from campaign "Retaliation" without tweaking those settings, driver of car will get shot down and player will be not able to exit the vehicle).

Edited by ddeo

Are helicopters constantly getting shot down because of the tanks view distance, or because of the big aa machine guns they now have?

And is the squad leader supposed to have the radio?

Are helicopters constantly getting shot down because of the tanks view distance, or because of the big aa machine guns they now have?

And is the squad leader supposed to have the radio?

I've tweaked the ffur config for weapons and vehicles so AI is not using AA from too far (and yes it was the tanks view distance), everything is working fine for me nowadays, thanks to Sanctuary. 2 posts above Sanctuary said what needs to be changed to make ffur use original ofp AI view distance settings. If you want I can upload somewhere edited config file. About squad leaders, I think it was said somewhere in readme file, but I guess yea, most of squad leaders are getting radio for arty support (cool stuff :D).

I've found one more tweak, which could be useful for some ffur players. In first mission where you have to play as special forces and destroy tanks on border (is mission called "Bomb strike" in english version?) your team will probably not set the charges. I've played it several times and enemy units always were detecting friendly AI. It can be fixed by editing "SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf" in @ffsx2007 folder. "SLX_Alert" command should have number around 4 (thats the one I'm using) instead of 0.25.

Edit: I've played with some settings of "SLX_Alert", looks like even at 3 enemies are detecting second spec ops, although at 3.15 it is save to play already. I'll still stick to 4 though.

Edited by ddeo

I've tweaked the ffur config for weapons and vehicles so AI is not using AA from too far (and yes it was the tanks view distance), everything is working fine for me nowadays, thanks to Sanctuary. 2 posts above Sanctuary said what needs to be changed to make ffur use original ofp AI view distance settings. If you want I can upload somewhere edited config file. About squad leaders, I think it was said somewhere in readme file, but I guess yea, most of squad leaders are getting radio for arty support (cool stuff :D).

That would be very awesome of you :yay:

Aye I like my radios too but only when they are on my radio mans back :o like in the gdce everon campaign.

Btw would the updated config file fix the broken scripts/waypoints problem as well or just the view distances? Would firefights still last longer and would squad members still be more spaced out then in original ofp?

Sorry for all the questions.

Edited by mrmoon

That would be very awesome of you :yay:

Aye I like my radios too but only when they are on my radio mans back :o like in the gdce everon campaign.

Btw would the updated config file fix the broken scripts/waypoints problem as well or just the view distances? Would firefights still last longer and would squad members still be more spaced out then in original ofp?

Sorry for all the questions.

It only tweaks the AI view distance to use original ofp settings. I haven't seen broken scripts in FFUR yet, in my opinion it is all about weird AI behavior (some of things can be fixed by changing some options in "SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf". About waypoints, config doesn't change anything about it (as I said, it only tweaks the settings Sanctuary told me to change). Firefights are still pretty long. I've uploaded config here: http://filebeam.com/3115377b6d68b2a94079791117b7d4c4 It's the one with "Normal Grass" ON.

Thank you very much but link isnt working for me:confused:

Filebeam website is sometimes going down, I've uploaded file now to megaupload also: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8VD3CG7D Copy config.bin into directory "\@ffsx2007\Bin". I've added also config.cpp if you would like to edit few things.