Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR-SLX 2007 2.0

Hi all,

I've been away from OFP for a long time and recently re-installed it in order to play the old campaigns with this mod, for old time sake yet with a new feel to it, so to speak. (I also play ArmA, in case you wonder, but I am not as active as I once was)

I must say it is a brilliant mod indeed, very nice work!!!

But I have two questions, about things I would rather change, if possible.

Is it - as asked on the previous page aswell - possible to return the 3rd person view back to normal? I don't like the close back-and-to-the-right style view at all, unfortunatly.

And is it possible to reduce the volume of the breathing? It's just unnaturally loud in my opinion. Even in a big gunfight I can hear 'my' breathing perfectly, that's just not right I think.

Other than that I have no complaints, it's superb fun to play ofp again with this conversion!! biggrin_o.gif

Kind Regards,

Fred

Where can I find a list of all weapon and magazine classnames to create a weaponcrate with every weapon? Or even better where can I find such a weaponcrate?

Greetings KaseKasimir

Well that's the beauty of FFUR - being the complete replacement mod for weapons and units thst it is.

The weapons and magazine classnames are EXACTLY the same as the original OFP. So [this addweapon "ak47"; this addmagazine "ak47"; this addmagazine "handgrenade"] will work exactly the same - but instead will give you the updated FFUR AK47 and handgrenades. thumbs-up.gif

Calm down - OFP is an "old lady" and thunderbird84 is imho now working on ArmA projects. Better to ask him first via pm if he can find some time to look after his (old) OFP projects instead of complaining. In real world such behavior will do often more! wink_o.gif

No kidding. On a personal level asking works. But this isn't a personal level. You guys have created a portal page in effect and you need to keep the home page of that portal 'up-to-date'.

If you think the world has the time to crawl though the multitude of feedback pages that emanate from this topic string then you're sadly out of touch. The first page of 'any' forum string acts as the 'latest update' to the topic visitors.

It's not a matter of complaining but of basic and professional expectation. On that note, hats off to TB and all his team and ALL developers for this proud community!

Wow are you serious? It took me all of 10 seconds to search Google and find a download link. Stop crying and use Google, it's there for a reason.

I got a new computer a few months ago that can actually run FFUR, and I must say that I don't know how I went without it.

Albeit a little buggy, it's very nice!

edit: Okay, really buggy.

Don't know if this is the place or not - but there is a splash screen in-game that details "Defend the Farm" - is this a map/scenario included ? If so - anyone know how to access the map ? or does anyone know where this map can be located online ?

Thanks,

S. Chapman

Where can I find the hotfix 2.01 to this mod. All of the download links I come across are broken and I am unable to install the mod. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hi guys!

Do you know ,any good config for FFUR v2.5.

I have 2 config now (ofcourse use only one in game)

First config :With good for me 3rd person camera (long ,you can see Armstrong legs ) ,but US armored support is M113A3.

Second: Witf bad for me camera (close 3rd person view) ,but US armored support is Striker(love this one).

I search optional config ,for me.

With long 3rd person view camera ,and Striker as support.

Anyone can help me? Maby you have somes configs?

Realy sorry for my bad english. help.gif

Is there a guide to editing the config and turning features on and off? i cant find any help in the readmes

and you cant change the camo like you can in the MCM right?

Edited by deeeeeee

I have the furr 2007 and furr 2008 slx version installed.

As for my opinion so far the best mods i could find out there the 2007 version is more like pointed to modern warfare as of the 2008 slx version is more pointed towards the original version of 85 with nicer units/gear and hardware also better graphics etc etc.

Now on the 2007 version i have problems: I really like this mod but there are some scripting problems on a lot of missions in the campaign and on single missions.

on a a particular point on the 1985 campaign the scripting is malfunctioning on the part were you have to rescue or in other words assist you commanding officer thats under fire on the road, here it is or you have luck the scripting on entering the 5th truck is working or is not working. also the part were you help the resistance to free some civil's, there at the point were the order is given the script on entering the Ural is given an error the bmp is coming and blows it up ofc ^^

now i managed it to overcome this by finding me a Rpg and shoot it to shred before he shoots the Ural. Is there a problem solver on this?

Next Issue is on the campain mission were you have to destroy soviet tanks the tanks are spotting my m113 that has to pick me up later here i'm stuck i cant go further on this in any way i tryed to find me a way to blow them early but the mission fails because i get my bud kicked of my command that i engaged to soon in many situations the tanks spots my officer to and i get the blame for it "lal" so thats how far i was getting at this point i'm still stuck on this mod on that part and i really want to play it on the modern way.

On the 2008 version i have lesser problems the same script problem is there on the civil's rescue but i over come that again. no more reports

on that one so far, i first guessed that it could be an update problem on the original game, maybe i needed it to play without the 1.96 update but it was released in 2005 i thought ^^ and the mod is from 2007. Maybe there is something else wrong i don't know any advices ????

Extra: Now i like the 2007 version very in a modern way ;-) but is there some sort of a skinning to do the same on the grass effects ant the ground texture like in the 2008 slx version or is that not possible?

tnx in advance ;-)

Edited by Greyhawk
adding some info

Several possible source of your problem :

-By default in OFP the AI is very low sensitivity and sensitivityEar values, meaning the AI is half blind and often unable to see that a soldier is crawling slowly in the open at 100m.

So usually mods increase these sensitivity values to get the AI less blind.

But some missions, like the OFP campaigns have been done with the default OFP sensitivities values, so an AI that is not supposed to see something because it is half blind suddenly will then more logically notice this something and engage it before the script tells it to do so.

-Coming from this increase in detection, you have then AI weapons range that are often increased , because in default OFP the AI will not shoot a ak74 or a m16 at more than 250 meters, while the player can shoot way more far.

So to give the AI the same chance at shooting at +/- the same kind of distance a player can, ranges are often increased.

-View distance, by default OFP view distance was 900 if i remember well, so most OFP campaigns have been built with that view distance.

The more you have set the view distance in your Video options, the more chances you will break those mission, because view distance helps the AI to see too.

So if an AI from is not supposed to see an enemy vehicle in a far away town at view distance 900 will maybe see it at view distance 2000.

So overall, an AI with a mod will detect an enemy from longer distance (and helped with the view distance will do this even more), and will engage them from longer distance.

As a player could do, but can break the mission as if the author used half blind default OFP AI values and lower weapon range for the AI.

The only solutions, when you play the default OFP campaign and not campaigns and missions made for the specific mod you are playing is to get first the view distance to maximum 900.

Then, if it does not help , copy all the line Sensitivity=....; and SensitivityEar=....; from an original OFP Resistance config in the place of the corresponding lines of the mod you are playing.

This should help to get rid of the problem.

Several possible source of your problem :

-By default in OFP the AI is very low sensitivity and sensitivityEar values, meaning the AI is half blind and often unable to see that a soldier is crawling slowly in the open at 100m.

So usually mods increase these sensitivity values to get the AI less blind.

But some missions, like the OFP campaigns have been done with the default OFP sensitivities values, so an AI that is not supposed to see something because it is half blind suddenly will then more logically notice this something and engage it before the script tells it to do so.

-Coming from this increase in detection, you have then AI weapons range that are often increased , because in default OFP the AI will not shoot a ak74 or a m16 at more than 250 meters, while the player can shoot way more far.

So to give the AI the same chance at shooting at +/- the same kind of distance a player can, ranges are often increased.

-View distance, by default OFP view distance was 900 if i remember well, so most OFP campaigns have been built with that view distance.

The more you have set the view distance in your Video options, the more chances you will break those mission, because view distance helps the AI to see too.

So if an AI from is not supposed to see an enemy vehicle in a far away town at view distance 900 will maybe see it at view distance 2000.

So overall, an AI with a mod will detect an enemy from longer distance (and helped with the view distance will do this even more), and will engage them from longer distance.

As a player could do, but can break the mission as if the author used half blind default OFP AI values and lower weapon range for the AI.

The only solutions, when you play the default OFP campaign and not campaigns and missions made for the specific mod you are playing is to get first the view distance to maximum 900.

Then, if it does not help , copy all the line Sensitivity=....; and SensitivityEar=....; from an original OFP Resistance config in the place of the corresponding lines of the mod you are playing.

This should help to get rid of the problem.

Haha you talking to a noob here :p

opening a config file with notepad and copy a line with sensitivity lol i gonna mess this one up befor you can say that word :p

i not even put any addons in the mods anymore bacause i find it to messy on the mission edditor ^^

even the cut scenes like some campaigns and on the single player missons isnt working propperly the IA gets off track not on all of them. but if it happens in a cut scene where there is not many action involved its kinda strange isnt it?

also the mission made by toadlifes operation lojack and that kind of rated missions are not working but they arent default made by bis.

anyway: i gonna try that sensitivity advice of yours but can you give me some sort of more directions because i never changed anything on a mod before :butbut:

do i need to change something to the config.bin in the bin folder?

I have some extra info:

now as i see the IA squad leader is just not triggering the script.

now for a direction: this mission is on 1985 Campaign called alert.

the mission: head towards infantry carrier when called by the base commanding officer thats been attacked by hostile forces, and assist.

now normally he may not survive this but just now the hmmv was standing way off the normal spot and the commander was walking around there not even attacked by the soviets.

Now were engaging the hostiles and give them pay back for our commanding officer thats not even death ^^ lucky him unlucky me :p

at the spot were normally 2 squads merges the script trigger is not working, the driver in the 5th truck was already disembarked so the squad leader order us to head to le moule on foot.

now i don't mind to walk at all but i guess thats not supposed to happen isn't it :p normally the mission ends when you enter the 5th truck and head off to le moule, now wen we are getting to le moule by walking that i even not supposed to see anyways and the mission does not end at all so i'm stranded.

now it happens on a lot of missions, also like on the mission were you help the resistance a hand to save some Civilians the order to hold fire till the tank is out is over ruled by the squad leader, on the mission were you need to kill 2 spetsnaz before they plant some c4 they fire on the hmmv before its even at me, on the mission were i need to take out 4 tanks the order to hold fire is revoked by the squad leader when the uaz is passing by and i'm doing nothing and i get the blame

This happens a lot on Furr 2007 slx 2.05 mod i don't question the work of this people its really great looking and if it would work on the single missions and the campaigns like it has to be the mod would be great but now like its working its kinda frustrating and thats sad f you just want to play something.

to over come this i play the missions on furr 2008 slx 1.5 version that not working on the furr 2007t because there is everything mostly working fine i did not encounter mayor problems on that mod maybe one or 2 things so far, but thats just the case i want it to play it on the 2007 slx 2.5 version because of the modern kind of look and for as i can see the most realistic with the grass and all.

I ask my self am i the only one with this problems because if a mod is working fine with everyone why is it not working fine with me i install the same thing......

Now i made the visual part lower in the in game video options and on the alert mission the squad is entering the 5th truck now they take longer to do it but they do maybe i need to do what you said to copy the line and enter it in the config of that mod but i don't know how and were to look.

Edited by Greyhawk
adding some info

Anyone know where i can get FFUR-SLX 2007 Patch 2.5?

I downloaded it from here (http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/FFURSLX_2007_Patch_New_Version;92091) but when i start the installer it says "The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete" and i can't install it..

Thanks in advance!

here is the new version

http://www.filefront.com/11099724/ffurslx_2007_patch_2.5_new_version_installation.ex/

I have the furr 2007 and furr 2008 slx version installed.

As for my opinion so far the best mods i could find out there the 2007 version is more like pointed to modern warfare as of the 2008 slx version is more pointed towards the original version of 85 with nicer units/gear and hardware also better graphics etc etc.

Now on the 2007 version i have problems: I really like this mod but there are some scripting problems on a lot of missions in the campaign and on single missions.

on a a particular point on the 1985 campaign the scripting is malfunctioning on the part were you have to rescue or in other words assist you commanding officer thats under fire on the road, here it is or you have luck the scripting on entering the 5th truck is working or is not working. also the part were you help the resistance to free some civil's, there at the point were the order is given the script on entering the Ural is given an error the bmp is coming and blows it up ofc ^^

now i managed it to overcome this by finding me a Rpg and shoot it to shred before he shoots the Ural. Is there a problem solver on this?

Next Issue is on the campain mission were you have to destroy soviet tanks the tanks are spotting my m113 that has to pick me up later here i'm stuck i cant go further on this in any way i tryed to find me a way to blow them early but the mission fails because i get my bud kicked of my command that i engaged to soon in many situations the tanks spots my officer to and i get the blame for it "lal" so thats how far i was getting at this point i'm still stuck on this mod on that part and i really want to play it on the modern way.

On the 2008 version i have lesser problems the same script problem is there on the civil's rescue but i over come that again. no more reports

on that one so far, i first guessed that it could be an update problem on the original game, maybe i needed it to play without the 1.96 update but it was released in 2005 i thought ^^ and the mod is from 2007. Maybe there is something else wrong i don't know any advices ????

Extra: Now i like the 2007 version very in a modern way ;-) but is there some sort of a skinning to do the same on the grass effects ant the ground texture like in the 2008 slx version or is that not possible?

tnx in advance ;-)

I have a few problems myself with this MOD including that you automatically go prone when your under fire which annoys me if im trying to shoot a soldier. A way to disable all of these affects is to go into the GL3 settings and removing a few // of those. Im currently at school right now and have work after school but when i come home i give you a way to disable these effects and somewhat help balance the game. Hope this helps

I have a few problems myself with this MOD including that you automatically go prone when your under fire which annoys me if im trying to shoot a soldier. A way to disable all of these affects is to go into the GL3 settings and removing a few // of those. Im currently at school right now and have work after school but when i come home i give you a way to disable these effects and somewhat help balance the game. Hope this helps

The going prone thing is actually do do with the invisible targets which are spawned in. They are spanwed in about a meter up where you are so your charachter automatically lies down so hes not clipping the invisible object.

The going prone thing is actually do do with the invisible targets which are spawned in. They are spanwed in about a meter up where you are so your charachter automatically lies down so hes not clipping the invisible object.

Would be nice i only have really problems on the Furr 2007 slx 2.05

not on Furr 2007 1.05 old slx version or on the 2008 slx version as stated above on my second reply to sanctuary there are less problems there i tested the old 2007 slx version and i'm already like over have way of the 1985 campaign with that mod i already ended 1985 and resistance on the 2008 version also only need to do the original last campaign again and i found the retaliation campaign made by community members.

i'm stuck around were we gonna get that shopper fight the movie loops but thats because of scripting i beleave it is made wen update 1.49 was on it has nothing to do with any mods.

i just go and let the movie pas on the original content and go further on the mod after wourds :p problem solved on that one ;-)

For the ones that are interested if they have problems with configs on Furr 2007 slx 2.05 new version.

The issue stated above was really irritating.

No campaign mission or a single mission worked.

The IA was diverting of track an dint touch the way points so therefore many missions wood not finish or go further on a surten point, so i went looking for a solver, what was causing the problem?

Well this is the first part of the config.bin from the original config.cpp file of furr 2007 slx 2.05 new version. (take note that i'm eddit the gras config.cpp here)

// Defines

#define manposnoweapon 11

#define 6

#define manactturnr 3

#define manactwalklf 12

#define manactwalkr 15

#define manactslowl 22

#define manactmedic 56

#define cpcommander 2

#define manposhandgunstand 9

#define manactthrowgrenade 10

#define manactladderoff 60

#define destructengine 2

#define manposcrouch 6

#define manactreloadmortar 9

#define manactslowrb 25

#define manactfastb 34

#define manactjumpoff 48

#define manactsitdown 51

#define manacttakeflag 67

#define manactn 69

#define destructdefault 6

#define manactreloadmgun 7

#define manactwalkf 11

#define manactwalkrf 13

#define manactslowlf 20

#define manactfastr 31

#define manactbinocoff 54

#define destructtree 3

#define destructtent 4

#define manposhandgunlying 5

#define manposhandguncrouch 7

#define manposbinocstand 13

#define manactstop 0

#define manactladderofftop 61

#define manactgetouttank 66

#define manposdead 0

#define manposcombat 8

#define manactslowb 26

#define manactfastlb 32

#define manactweaponoff 46

#define manactstrokefist 49

#define manactladderondown 58

#define unitinfocar 2

#define manactslowrf 21

#define manactslowr 23

#define manactfastf 27

#define manactdefault 47

#define destructno 0

#define unitinfoship 3

#define unitinfohelicopter 5

#define cpcargo 3

#define manposbinoclying 2

#define manposstand 10

#define manactreloadat 8

#define unitinfosoldier 0

#define manposweapon 1

#define manactfastrb 33

#define manactcrouch 40

#define manacthandgunon 68

#define manactturnl 2

#define manactwalkl 14

#define manactslowf 19

#define manactfastlf 28

#define manactcivil 41

#define manactladderoffbottom 62

#define manposlying 4

#define manactturnrrelaxed 5

#define manactstand 38

#define unitinfotank 1

#define manactreloadmagazine 6

#define manactwalklb 16

#define manactdown 35

#define manactcombat 39

#define manactcivillying 42

#define manactfirenotpossible 43

#define manactstrokegun 50

#define manactsalute 52

#define manactputdown 55

#define manposlyingnoweapon 3

#define manposbinoc 12

#define manactfastrf 29

#define manactfastl 30

#define manactup 36

#define manactdie 44

#define manacttreated 57

#define manactgetincar 63

#define manactgetoutcar 64

#define manactgetintank 65

#define destructman 5

#define unitinfoairplane 4

#define cpgunner 1

#define manactstoprelaxed 1

#define manactturnlrelaxed 4

#define manactlying 37

#define manactbinocon 53

#define cpdriver 0

#define manactwalkrb 17

#define manactwalkb 18

#define manactslowlb 24

#define manactweaponon 45

#define manactladderonup 59

#define destructbuilding 1

I replaced that part of the config.cpp file with the first part of the config cpp of the older Furr 2007 slx 1.05 version

// Defines

#define manposnoweapon 11

#define 6

#define manactturnr 3

#define manactwalklf 12

#define manactwalkr 15

#define manactslowl 22

#define manactmedic 56

#define cpcommander 2

#define manposhandgunstand 9

#define manactthrowgrenade 10

#define manactladderoff 60

#define destructengine 2

#define manposcrouch 6

#define manactreloadmortar 9

#define manactslowrb 25

#define manactfastb 34

#define manactjumpoff 48

#define manactsitdown 51

#define manacttakeflag 67

#define manactn 69

#define destructdefault 6

#define manactreloadmgun 7

#define manactwalkf 11

#define manactwalkrf 13

#define manactslowlf 20

#define manactfastr 31

#define manactbinocoff 54

#define destructtree 3

#define destructtent 4

#define manposhandgunlying 5

#define manposhandguncrouch 7

#define manposbinocstand 13

#define manactstop 0

#define manactladderofftop 61

#define manactgetouttank 66

#define manposdead 0

#define manposcombat 8

#define manactslowb 26

#define manactfastlb 32

#define manactweaponoff 46

#define manactstrokefist 49

#define manactladderondown 58

#define unitinfocar 2

#define manactslowrf 21

#define manactslowr 23

#define manactfastf 27

#define manactdefault 47

#define destructno 0

#define unitinfoship 3

#define unitinfohelicopter 5

#define cpcargo 3

#define manposbinoclying 2

#define manposstand 10

#define manactreloadat 8

#define unitinfosoldier 0

#define manposweapon 1

#define manactfastrb 33

#define manactcrouch 40

#define manacthandgunon 68

#define manactturnl 2

#define manactwalkl 14

#define manactslowf 19

#define manactfastlf 28

#define manactcivil 41

#define manactladderoffbottom 62

#define manposlying 4

#define manactturnrrelaxed 5

#define manactstand 38

#define unitinfotank 1

#define manactreloadmagazine 6

#define manactwalklb 16

#define manactdown 35

#define manactcombat 39

#define manactcivillying 42

#define manactfirenotpossible 43

#define manactstrokegun 50

#define manactsalute 52

#define manactputdown 55

#define manposlyingnoweapon 3

#define manposbinoc 12

#define manactfastrf 29

#define manactfastl 30

#define manactup 36

#define manactdie 44

#define manacttreated 57

#define manactgetincar 63

#define manactgetoutcar 64

#define manactgetintank 65

#define destructman 5

#define unitinfoairplane 4

#define cpgunner 1

#define manactstoprelaxed 1

#define manactturnlrelaxed 4

#define manactlying 37

#define manactbinocon 53

#define cpdriver 0

#define manactwalkrb 17

#define manactwalkb 18

#define manactslowlb 24

#define manactweaponon 45

#define manactladderonup 59

#define destructbuilding 1

now it seems that the problem went away, i'm still testing this out to make sure i only played a few missions so far but it looks like this one is a solver if anyone encounters the same problem :yay:

I hope i dint brake any rules on furrs modding sourse by doing this..

Best of regards.

--Mods if this is the wrong section for this, then I apologize and please feel free to move it to where ever it needs to go

I've been enjoying the FFUR-SLX 2007 2.5 mod but cant for the life of me figure out how to do a lean or prone roll. I've done some searching and the best that I've found is Shift + strafe button....? Is this true? Also does it still work if the shift button is already bound to something?

I believe the code is the same in ffur/slx as in any other mods featuring lean/roll.

The key to press is the Turbo key, for some people it's on Shift , but you can have bound to any other key.

Check your ingame Options -> Control and scroll down until you see Turbo.

To lean/roll (depending on your stance), just press the Turbo key and the left or right directions.

Yup, like Sanctuary said. I had the very same problem that you're having now.

Come to think of it, it might've been Sanctuary who helped me figure it out way back when.

Go figure!

hi this a different problem i am having every time i try to download furr 2007 2.0 it says its replacement pack isnt installed

hi this a different problem i am having every time i try to download furr 2007 2.0 it says its replacement pack isnt installed

it says it when you want to download it OR run it? I had the same problem when i tried to run it through mod.exe in @ffsx2007 folder even after installing replacement pack. When I finally updated it to 2.5 version everything started working fine.

I would like to have a question now. :) After playing ofp with combination of GRAA + ECP I've finally decided to install ffur2007 today and I can't believe I was playing ofp without it eariler! But I would like to change one thing: Is it possible to use old, BIS crosshair while playing ffur? It's very, very important for me.