Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR-SLX 2007 2.0

Those vids look awesome TBird, I'm greatly looking forward to this release!

Isn't there a FFUR 1985d out already? Or is this going to be a brand new FFUR or is it going to be better than FFUR-SLX 2007 2.5?

Hi, Tbird:

May I suggest that you don't remove too much texture from the AKs, cause they looked really "dizzy" to me, and if you could use the ICP's russian weapon pack, I think it will look great. smile_o.gif

Isn't there a FFUR 1985d out already? Or is this going to be a brand new FFUR or is it going to be better than FFUR-SLX 2007 2.5?

It is new and not out yet.

Great Work! smile_o.gif

But, one suggestion: What about adding (Or replacing instead old ones) blackops with gasmasks? I saw on your screenshots model from Bambi Special Ops addon and if i remember, theres a model of blackop with gasmask. I think it would fit perfectly with Cold War era (NBC Blackops prepared for nuclear and chemical attack inlove.gif ) wink_o.gif

nes4day please avoid double and triple posting by editing your posts if you wish to add something new, thanks smile_o.gif

What about adding an ambient rain sound if it's raining, like in ArmA? Would be great for atmosphere I think  smile_o.gif  .

Are you also adding more soldier sounds while combat is going on?

In FFURSLX 2.5 there were standard ofp sounds like "Get to your positions we're under attack" and stuff like that, but they got repeated to easily. Would be great if new sounds (e.g. "Flank right, Flank left") or other sentences would be shout in combat, would also add to the atmosphere.

Yep that new anim looks great, makes you think twice before shooting an wounded enemy  whistle.gif .

Well the nomex flight gloves hopefully will be replaced most troops wore the outer shell of their issued leather gloves. M60 Ammo carrier is incorrect, its a nylon bandeler pouch with a brown cardboard box to hold the shape unless the gunner and AG wore hhe ammo if they could get away with it. might make fritz PASGT helmets optional hidden selection. You know its going to cause major hastels of people whining about the helmets. Armored vehicle crews wore OD CVC coveralls. Still issued today.

SF and rangers had a very bad habit of wearing the od green gear in the field. Summer weight slant pockets OD green patrol cap. with the Ranger block style done to them and the Panama style jungle boots. Might have to use John Rambos nam troopers and add a huge add deployable ruck to them.. It often varried but hell some of the still sport th green patrol caps. they buy off post that are custom altered.

@Halocheif89

Ofpec.de had their web host delete all their files and close the site. That was the only source of Mr. Burns Modern AEC island...until now....

Link To modern_aec

This dosen't have the installer, just unpack the mod folder to your OFP directory. Becarefull not to put the "worlds" folder in your OFP directory, it will overwrite the original wrp files.

I'll ask this here because it seems pointless to make a new thread. Is it possible to use the bullet casings from another mod (such as ECP) in FFUR-SLX 07? I've played around with the config but when I run the game it can't find the models, do I need to copy an addon over to the FFUR mod folder?

Oh, and I should say, I love the idea of setting up an MG position. One thing the original game was missing was a way to dig in and prepare for imminent enemy contact. Really looking forward to FFUR '85!

Hello Tbird,

Two things, first I think the FFUR2007 v2.5's M2 and DSHK got the wrong sigh.

Secondly, may I suggest that you use INQ's m60 in the upcoming mod, thank you and I am looking forward to see it. smile_o.gif

Instead of complaining why not just enjoy the mod? I mean ok so they cant get the EXACT parts on EVERY item... I talked to a friend who served in the 80's and he told me there were MANY antiquated vehicles,equipment and weapons that were still used in the military EVEN after newer versions of them were issued. So if a soldier is carrying a 45 and in that time period they switched to 9mm it doesnt mean they didnt have the 45's still. I use the 45 and 9mm as an example not as a quote. TB keep up the good work alot of us appreciate the huge effort on your parts.

Hi Thunderbird84,

I'd like to say congrats on your work and dedication you've put into FFUR.  

I am administering the OFP game server here at Team Elite Forces (www.teameliteforces.com) and would like to pursue having your MOD played online with our members.  I have not read the current entire 40 pages so far on this forum and forgive me if I have missed this particular concern.  Currently I am having difficulties with stable connection(server crash), similair to users having different Animation configs(users do have same setup).  I am aware you mentioned the MOD is not ONLINE tested, but could this be related to more of a scripting issue where the script is either configured to run only on client or server?

Edit:

===================================

No can't keep client stable on MP. SP is fine.

===================================

Bandicoot

2 things i want to ask. Next time you release could you upload the file in 2 or more parts? It makes things easier for people with low bandwidth. It happened to me many times to be downloading those huge files in a single download and any error happens and i have to start again...

And if you can make the installer not to get into windows registry. So there are not so many things to uninstall.

if the size is pretty large I will make a volume set of the mod and upload it that way (using HJSplit) that way the smaller downloads are easier to get.

I am experiencing this kind of error whenever I load a single mission (in this case resistance R04 rats nest) : it gives me this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">error loading: ffur_rup\rhs\pk\rhs_pk.p3d (Magic)

I have no other mods, no 3rd party addons and its on a fresh install. I can still play the missions but this is annyoying. Please fix it thunderbird. (edit: it affects the PK optics as it makes me spin in a circle when i press V)

Also thunderbird why is there no BMD(1P/2/3) series included ? or russian marines/vdv ? It would be nice to have them in a next release.

Also if I may ask why isnt there the M4A1 ? just the plain and boring M4 and why does it look so much like the M16A2 ?

It also seems that when I took an M16A4 in the magazine name and name it says M4(in action menu its the proper name , but above where it says how many rounds you have etc... weapon chosen atm it says M4)

The whole mod looks & sounds real good, but I' ve got a little question: as far as I remember M4 got only semi and burst fire mod. Where is the full-auto?

Besides that, mod rules. notworthy.gif

I' m going to kick some Soviet asses pistols.gif

maybe this was already asked,but that picture in the loading screen looks REALLY like a screenshot of the Game

World in Conflict.

wink_o.gif

I can say it is 99.9% from world in conflict (even check date 1989 wink_o.gif).

Also what I found horribly inaccurate was the M1A1 looked so much like a M1A2 (M1A1 does not have sight on left side) and not only that but the lack of many many new types of small arms and also no different rounds for RPG-7 other than the PG-7VL

Also the rhs pk magic error prevents custom missions from loading (in mission editor) so please fix it!

Hi,

The pack is completely finished, but once again, I would great appreciate the community's support in order to Beta-Test it, since this is the best way to make sure that the MOD is bug free even if I spent a hell of time for this purpose.

Just drop me a pm or a mail.

Quote[/b] ]May I suggest that you don't remove too much texture from the AKs, cause they looked really "dizzy" to me, and if you could use the ICP's russian weapon pack, I think it will look great.

No textures have been taken out, and the chosen models are not only realistic, but they look good so far, in terms of textures as well as in terms of models.

Quote[/b] ]What about adding (Or replacing instead old ones) blackops with gasmasks?

Black-Ops should not be heavily equipped due to the nature of their missions, moreover, with a gasmask you can't properly aim and you suffer like hell from sweating.

Quote[/b] ]What about adding an ambient rain sound if it's raining, like in ArmA? Would be great for atmosphere I think

The ambient SFX have been replaced by more immersive ones.

Quote[/b] ]Are you also adding more soldier sounds while combat is going on?

There are already 3 new kind of 'wound animations'.

Quote[/b] ]In FFURSLX 2.5 there were standard ofp sounds like "Get to your positions we're under attack" and stuff like that, but they got repeated to easily. Would be great if new sounds (e.g. "Flank right, Flank left") or other sentences would be shout in combat, would also add to the atmosphere.

This would indeed increase the atmosphere level but having no SFX source to get this done, I simply can't carry it out at the moment.

Quote[/b] ]Well the nomex flight gloves hopefully will be replaced most troops wore the outer shell of their issued leather gloves. M60 Ammo carrier is incorrect, its a nylon bandeler pouch with a brown cardboard box to hold the shape unless the gunner and AG wore hhe ammo if they could get away with it. might make fritz PASGT helmets optional hidden selection. You know its going to cause major hastels of people whining about the helmets. Armored vehicle crews wore OD CVC coveralls. Still issued today.

SF and rangers had a very bad habit of wearing the od green gear in the field. Summer weight slant pockets OD green patrol cap. with the Ranger block style done to them and the Panama style jungle boots. Might have to use John Rambos nam troopers and add a huge add deployable ruck to them.. It often varried but hell some of the still sport th green patrol caps. they buy off post that are custom altered.

I sincerely appreciate your advices but the lack of time doesn't help to enhance these things even if they sound minor, but which are in fact quite important, since it's little realism details like that that make a more 'enjoyable' MOD.

Quote[/b] ]Ofpec.de had their web host delete all their files and close the site. That was the only source of Mr. Burns Modern AEC island...until now....

Link To modern_aec

Thank you for this link, I will upload it again to 'FFUR servers'.

Quote[/b] ]I'll ask this here because it seems pointless to make a new thread. Is it possible to use the bullet casings from another mod (such as ECP) in FFUR-SLX 07? I've played around with the config but when I run the game it can't find the models, do I need to copy an addon over to the FFUR mod folder?

This is possible so far, all you have to do is to follow the instructions about 'replacing cartridge models' within a few pages back, but instead of the old models; put ECP ones. (by including ECP model=... instead of FFUR model line.)

Quote[/b] ]Two things, first I think the FFUR2007 v2.5's M2 and DSHK got the wrong sigh.

The 2 heavy machine-guns will get '85 new ironsights as soon as I start working on a FFUR '07 Patch.

Quote[/b] ]I am administering the OFP game server here at Team Elite Forces (www.teameliteforces.com) and would like to pursue having your MOD played online with our members. I have not read the current entire 40 pages so far on this forum and forgive me if I have missed this particular concern. Currently I am having difficulties with stable connection(server crash), similair to users having different Animation configs(users do have same setup). I am aware you mentioned the MOD is not ONLINE tested, but could this be related to more of a scripting issue where the script is either configured to run only on client or server?

Unfortunately, the MOD is completely based on 'SP' scripts but I have managed to get it working 'online' a couple of months ago, maybe retry again with the incoming pack.

Quote[/b] ]2 things i want to ask. Next time you release could you upload the file in 2 or more parts? It makes things easier for people with low bandwidth. It happened to me many times to be downloading those huge files in a single download and any error happens and i have to start again...

I'm sure you would not encounter these difficulties if you grab a download manager. ;]

Quote[/b] ]And if you can make the installer not to get into windows registry. So there are not so many things to uninstall.

I will include a .rar version for people who don't like installers.

Quote[/b] ]if the size is pretty large I will make a volume set of the mod and upload it that way (using HJSplit) that way the smaller downloads are easier to get.

The size of the incoming pack would be around [500 MB].

Quote[/b] ]I am experiencing this kind of error whenever I load a single mission (in this case resistance R04 rats nest) : it gives me this

Code Sample

error loading: ffur_rup\rhs\pk\rhs_pk.p3d (Magic)

Reload the mission again but restart it instead of loading it from a spefic point, since this error is probably caused by the fact that you haven't used the MOD when you played it the first time.

If you want to make sure that the error isn't due to the MOD then simply play as 'Russian Machine-Gunner' in the mission editor, you will notice that there is a PK with no bugs around.

Quote[/b] ]Also thunderbird why is there no BMD(1P/2/3) series included ? or russian marines/vdv ? It would be nice to have them in a next release.

This is due to a matter of time since I can't include all of what the community offers as models, but feel free to play with any 'extra' vehicles you wish.

Quote[/b] ]Also if I may ask why isnt there the M4A1 ? just the plain and boring M4 ?

The M4 is actually the most commonly used rifle by the US Army.

Quote[/b] ]as far as I remember M4 got only semi and burst fire mod. Where is the full-auto?

The M4 doesn't have the full-auto mode unlike the A1 version.

Quote[/b] ]maybe this was already asked,but that picture in the loading screen looks REALLY like a screenshot of the Game

World in Conflict.

Well seen, indeed, this game was very inspiring in terms of design ideas.

Quote[/b] ]Also what I found horribly inaccurate was the M1A1 looked so much like a M1A2 (M1A1 does not have sight on left side) and not only that but the lack of many many new types of small arms and also no different rounds for RPG-7 other than the PG-7VL

If you have a better version of the M1A1 than the current one, which is the best one carried out thus far, then feel free to release it, I would greatly include it.

Quote[/b] ]Also the rhs pk magic error prevents custom missions from loading (in mission editor) so please fix it!

I will carefully check this out when I start working on a patch for the '07 pack.

Thank you all for the nice words and great support.

Regards,

TB

Hi,

Thunderbird thanks for the response but I did a clean install and then launched my resistance after I installed FFUR-SLX and I still get the PK magic error (it affects mission editor missions loading , and PK sight when pressing V the person/sight spins round and round)

I have some comments:

1. I dont like some of the russian move sounds like when a squad leader tells somebody to go there its in english and thats not very realistic.

2. I believe INQ/KH had an excellent M1A1 (without M1A2 left thermal commanders sight).

3. Sounds and all are excellent done (especially M16 sounds) they sound very much like the real thing.

4. What I especially question is the decision to use the T-80UM as it never entered production (just shown at an exhibit in urals in 1997) why not use also a BV (T-80BV)

5. Why do you have the MI-17 when it is export (russia uses MI-8) ?

Edit:just opened the directory the magic error is pointing to and guess what ?. There is no p3d file just paa/pac files.

Thunderbird also where are the radio chatter files stored huh.gif in which pbo ?

FFUR team, I have used your mods for year now, and I must say, they are good. This new one is best so far IMO, and I don't have any complaints. Keep up the good work, and I wish to see your work in ArmA soon. thumbs-up.gif