Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR-SLX 2007 2.0

Quote[/b] ]Can you tell us anything yet about the units and vehicles that are going to be in this ffur?

It is too early to release a list of vehicles since the vehicles haven't been replaced yet, but I will publish one as soon as the mod would be nearing completion.

Quote[/b] ]So what was the poll all about then? :/

As previously stated, I will randomly work on the 3 most chosen projects in the poll, I started with the '85 theme because I have a slight preference to the cold war crisis.

No worries about the rest of projects, though. ;]

Regards,

TB

Awww man! When these FFSX variants are done, we're going to have our hard drives just packed with OFP goodness!

I'm breaking a sweat just thinking about it. Don't worry, I put on some deodorant, so it smells nice. wink_o.gif

Trust me.

smile_o.gif

Hi,

Thank you for your great interest, suggestions and reports, your replies have been copied/pasted and registered under 'My WIP folder', and they will be taken into consideration as soon as possible.

This doesn't mean that they will all be done, I will check them out to see whether there may be a way to carry them out or not, before letting you know about the result.

But at the moment, I'm working very hard on the '85 Project (2008 Edition), a lot of research is done in this area to know more about this era in order to make the MOD as close as possible to the reality, but without breaking BIS missions and campaigns.

So excluding the features and models that have already been included, expect to see:

- A Free Lag Mod using a huge amount of realistic features and effects.

- A complete set of '85 vehicles variants (A la WGL).

If you have some suggestions regarding this theme, feel free to post them below, any help in this regards, would be much appreciated!

1985 was a great year full of significant and striking events, the cold war is a theme that should deserve a special attention!

Moreover, it is OFP's main theme and is probably one of the main aspects that made OFP so unique!

Stay tuned.

Best Regards,

TB

TBird,

Question for you:

-I've activated GL3 in some custom-made missions and it doesn't seem to working with vehicles. For example, I'll have an over matched squad set up not far from a tank, but the tank won't be called in to assist. Am I missing something?

I followed the SLX guidelines for enabling GL3 (i.e. set up the trigger and dummy solider) and it seems to work for other squads but not for vehicles or choppers.

Looking forward to this so much, thanks for the good work TBird. Quick question: are you still going to be using the original BIS heads or are you going to be using the newer llauma heads?

Thanks for your continued support and hard work! Long live FFUR!!!!

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]

I've activated GL3 in some custom-made missions and it doesn't seem to working with vehicles. For example, I'll have an over matched squad set up not far from a tank, but the tank won't be called in to assist. Am I missing something?

Are the vehicles from 'extra' addons or original to the game?

In case they are addons, then you have to add the Slx_gl3 init line to the vehicle's class.

Quote[/b] ]are you still going to be using the original BIS heads or are you going to be using the newer llauma heads?

Honestly, I keep BIS heads only for one reason:

- Compatibility with all 'Soldier/Human' models that have been released thus far, since implementing Llauma heads causes a face problem with extra addons.

If people are ready to exclusively live with the 'soldiers units' that would be available in the mod then I would replace the original heads by the new ones, it is completely up to you, feel free to post your opinion.

Thank you all for the kind words, the mod is almost finished but I need some time to make sure it works flawlessly with no bugs, since there is a quite big list of vehicles and units, heh.

:]

Regards,

TB

Hi,
Quote[/b] ]

I've activated GL3 in some custom-made missions and it doesn't seem to working with vehicles. For example, I'll have an over matched squad set up not far from a tank, but the tank won't be called in to assist. Am I missing something?

Are the vehicles from 'extra' addons or original to the game?

In case they are addons, then you have to add the Slx_gl3 init line to the vehicle's class.

Hey TBird,

The vehicles I'm using are the standard FFUR/SLX 2.5 vehicles. Am I forgetting something? Would it help if I sent you the (very small) mission file?

BP

just a question TB are you thinking of moving to ArmA as there are those of us that would love to see your work in ArmA especially the weapons modifications and the overall feel you add to your mods it gave me many years of enjoyment in ofp

now that i play ArmA its missing that TB FFUR feel and would be nice to see you shine in that like you have in ofp

let us know your thoughts on it it would be greatly appreciated

Any progress updated TBird? Maybe a list of vehicles/units that will be included? wink_o.gif

hey TB,

would it be possible to make those shock waves like on COC's M109, but only when theres a larger explosion (like GBU12).

biggrin_o.gif

Thx

Schulz

Tbird,

Its nice to see you going back to your roots man, I can't wait to see what will happen with the FFSX 1985, I think everyone is looking forward to your latest and probably greatest work. Just to let you know if you need any help from me, all you got to do is ask (I'll always be there for help, Beta-testing, coding etc.)

I think I know the basic unit layout (Models, Weapons, Vehicles etc.)

- US Soldiers: HYK '85 Woodland Soldiers, SpecOps.

- US Weapons: M16's (SJB, LSR, CSLA), M1911's (SJB, LSR), LAW's (LSR), M47 (Combat), HK's (SJB, LSR).

- US Vehicles: M1A1 (Sigma-6), M60 (Sigma-6) , M113A2 (Combat), Vulcan (REM), Jeeps, 5T Trucks (Marfty).

- US Air: A10's (Diesel), Cobra (VIT), AH-64A (Marco-Paulo), CH-47, Blackhawks (CSLA), F15 (Footmunch).

- RU Soldiers: RHS '85 Moter Infantry (Probably '85 VDV)

- RU Weapons: AK74's (RHS), RPG-7 (Orcs), PK (RHS, CSLA).

- RU Vehicles: T-80 (RHS, Orcs, CSLA), T-72 (RHS, Orcs), BMP-1 (Orcs, CSLA), BMP-2 (CSLA), Urals (Spetz natz Mod), UAZ (The Sun), Shilka (Orcs).

- RU Air: Mi24 (RHS, CSLA), Mi17 (OWP), V-80 (BIS), SU25 (Tomi-D).

Of Course I'm just guessing, What you decide to use is your choice, But whatever the units will be I'm sure that they will be correct and realistically loaded out with '85 era equipment etc.

Looking Forward To Seeing This.

Big-Rooney

Hi Guys!

Been a while since I played the FFur mod, but I downloaded the new 2.0, and was blown away by the Ai tactics of bounding and overwatch, and may other things.

Sorry if this may have been asked before, but is there a way to tweak it so I can shoot the target without waiting for the sites to stop moving, rather unrealistic if you ask me as military soldiers arn't that out of shape.

I cant hit a dam thing as a sniper, because after moving a little bit Im breathing heavy and the gun sight is moving all over the place. Even after Im lying prone for a while not being tired, and I see some enemies the breathing starts again and my sites are all messed up.

Great mod! The fire fights seem to take a long time now! I love it before, you could have 2 opposing squads and 1-2 are left from 1 squad within 5 minutes or more.

Keep up the great work Tbird!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the kind of late reply, I have been busy with real life occupations and I spend my whole free time with building the new '85 project in a faithful and representative way, which makes my girlfriend rather upset, heh.

By the way, here is a first pic showing the new GUI in its final status.

_shot_1.jpg

More pics to come soon, since the project is nearing completion.

Quote[/b] ]The vehicles I'm using are the standard FFUR/SLX 2.5 vehicles. Am I forgetting something? Would it help if I sent you the (very small) mission file?

I guess I modified some scripts when I was attempting to make the MOD compatible with BIS missions/campaigns, I'm afraid I disabled the vehicles feature since they were probably causing some kind of troubles.

Quote[/b] ]just a question TB are you thinking of moving to ArmA as there are those of us that would love to see your work in ArmA especially the weapons modifications and the overall feel you add to your mods it gave me many years of enjoyment in ofp

now that i play ArmA its missing that TB FFUR feel and would be nice to see you shine in that like you have in ofp

let us know your thoughts on it it would be greatly appreciated

This is a good question:

- It is true that ArmA became a new game due to the huge effort of the community during the last weeks (Better effects, friendly-cpu vegetation models, realistic features, amazing animation transitions, gameplay improvements and much more).

But I will rather wait for ArmA II, as it would be released the next year or within 'Maximum 2 years', and the potential of the incoming version, seems rather promising.

Thank you for your interest, though.

Quote[/b] ]Any progress updated TBird? Maybe a list of vehicles/units that will be included?

Just round the corner... keep patient. ;]

Quote[/b] ]would it be possible to make those shock waves like on COC's M109, but only when theres a larger explosion (like GBU12).

Surprisingly, I haven't tested it yet,

But I will check it out to see whether it would be implemented or not.

Quote[/b] ]Of Course I'm just guessing, What you decide to use is your choice, But whatever the units will be I'm sure that they will be correct and realistically loaded out with '85 era equipment etc.

Cheers for the kind words and the continued support Big-Rooney,

the list you established is very close to the one I did, but you have some inspiring suggestions that might be pretty interesting if they would be taken into consideration. ;]

Quote[/b] ]Sorry if this may have been asked before, but is there a way to tweak it so I can shoot the target without waiting for the sites to stop moving, rather unrealistic if you ask me as military soldiers arn't that out of shape.

I cant hit a dam thing as a sniper, because after moving a little bit Im breathing heavy and the gun sight is moving all over the place. Even after Im lying prone for a while not being tired, and I see some enemies the breathing starts again and my sites are all messed up.

Yes, I will for sure, modifie some slight aspects of SLX, since several people complain about them.

But realistically speaking, believe me, it is hard like hell to make a 'decent' use of your rifle after some intense physical effort.

Thanks for the kind words, though.

And again, if you have Photos/Videos/Informations/Suggestions or whatever else about the '85 era, feel free to post them, or send them to my mail adress, any support in this regards, would be greatly appreciated.

I have already collected several informations and media files regarding this period, but the more I have, the better the project would be.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

TB

Will you do one last "patch" for the 2007 one with the improvments discovered and used in '85?

Just so that users can pic 85 or 07 rather than being forced onto '85 cause its "way better" feature-wise?

Personaly I will continue using '07 more, but the '85 one is DEFINATLY going on my hard drive and being used to play the campeigns all over again.

The star looks out of place in the GUI (looks grainy, and the lightning doesn't look consistent with the rest of the objects) to me.

Quote[/b] ]Will you do one last "patch" for the 2007 one with the improvments discovered and used in '85?

I get your point and yes, certainly.

But of course, this will only depend on time.

Quote[/b] ]The star looks out of place in the GUI (looks grainy, and the lightning doesn't look consistent with the rest of the objects) to me.

Thanks for the little feedback, but unfortunately, I accidentally deleted the .psd file so I can't take out the star, unless if I would find something better in order to cover it.

The GUI doesn't look that dark in game, though. ;]

Regards,

TB

If its really important you could slap a picture of a Russian over it... If you can find one.

But the GUI doesn't really matter, Only accessability and gameplay.

And after all, this is FFUR... Gameplay can't be doubted =P

Good work on all the FFUR's TBird! You must enjoy making them?

EDIT: Make sure you fix the GlockS in '85 (and the '07 patch if you make it). As far as I know it still wasn't silenced in the latest FFSX2007. I'll check now.

i love it! i especially love the feature to drag bodies biggrin_o.gif great work guys!

Another FFUR... I think I'll just wait for the 2010 version in to get the latest features.. And then it will be a tough choice versus ArmA 2... If I'll have a new computer by then. Just joking, great work and keep it up!

And to the inevitable suggestion list:

I probably written some of these for previous versions, so don't kill me.

1) Replace all the original BIS models with their direct counterparts, meaning no F-16's instead of A-10's and so on. That's doesn't mean that the beautiful aircraft can't be added.

2) A BIG NO, to the "Soviet equipment is all crap" attitude. It was rougher but as good as the western one overall. No multi mission aircraft like the F-16, but guided missiles for tanks, if an example is needed.

3)Uniformity. Use one weapon pack for the Russians, one for the US. BMP's only from CSLA, or only from ORCS. Less bugs for compatibility issues, still a nice view, and more of an organized Army look.

4)As a tanker player I still prefer BIS tanks. Sabot/MG and that's it. In the latest FFSX I had at least 5 choices and even with manual fire I couldn't switch fast enough during combat.

Can we agree on having the smoke screen, and ammo types (including missiles) in the action menu? And the SLX simulation of a commanders MG, just gets me out of the cockpit view in total surprise. We already have ArmA for the comm MG feature.

Can it be taken out?

That commander MG feature annoys the hell out of me as well, it has caused me to fail a mission several times. All nice when you're in a calm place, but not when there are 4 Soviet tanks and a few squads of infantry opposing you.

Quote[/b] ]Replace all the original BIS models with their direct counterparts, meaning no F-16's instead of A-10's and so on. That's doesn't mean that the beautiful aircraft can't be added.

No worries about that since this is what has been done.

_ah64.jpg

_a10.jpg

_uh60.jpg

Quote[/b] ]A BIG NO, to the "Soviet equipment is all crap" attitude. It was rougher but as good as the western one overall. No multi mission aircraft like the F-16, but guided missiles for tanks, if an example is needed.

'80s Soviet standard equipment was comparable and rather equivalent to the NATO's one in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and was even slightly better in terms of adeptness, so be sure, that the US side would not be favored anymore.

Quote[/b] ]Use one weapon pack for the Russians, one for the US. BMP's only from CSLA, or only from ORCS. Less bugs for compatibility issues, still a nice view, and more of an organized Army look.

Excluding the Ak-74su which causes a little dilemma, the rest of the weapons models are uniform.

It has been choosen to take Inq Ak-74su model as replacement since it is rather close to the rest of used soviet weapons models. (RHS).

Quote[/b] ]As a tanker player I still prefer BIS tanks. Sabot/MG and that's it. In the latest FFSX I had at least 5 choices and even with manual fire I couldn't switch fast enough during combat.

This time, the ammunitions values haven't been modified in order to keep OFP's original feeling, only the ammo names have been changed for a matter of realism.

Quote[/b] ]Can we agree on having the smoke screen, and ammo types (including missiles) in the action menu? And the SLX simulation of a commanders MG, just gets me out of the cockpit view in total surprise. We already have ArmA for the comm MG feature.

I haven't started to polish the scripts yet, but indeed, the MG issue annoys me as well and it would be taken out unquestionably.

I will modifie both of mentioned features in order to enable them in the user's action menu.

Best Regards,

TB

hey TB,

what I always was wondering is, if the AI is able to mount empty vehicles or tanks.

for example:

I attack an enemy base by plane..will the left AI(those guys who had luck not to die in the first wave biggrin_o.gif )..embark an empty AA-gun to defend their selves?

thx

schulz

It depends on whether initially the crew members were assigned to the vehicle in question or not, if they were assigned then they will get into it, otherwise, they will use their firearms to defend themselves.

I find it more realistic like that, since, overall, soldiers have a 1 or maximum 2 speciality formations, therefore you can't just get into a vehicle and use its machinegun just as if you have done that your whole life. ;]

Regards,

TB

thunderbird. if im not mistaken American A-10's were not painted in grey during the 80's