Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR-SLX 2007 2.0

Is there a chance that the old FFUR 1985, Desert, and Winter Mods could be upgraded to this level.

Hi everyone,

I would like to inform you about the current status of FFUR, it is simple:

Unlike what has been previously stated, there would be no project for ArmA platform since there are already several skilled people carrying out mods and addons in the same spirit than FFUR's.

Regarding Operation Flashpoint, in my judgement, even being quite old, it still represents a great editing platform that could be exploited more.

In this regards, I envisage to prepare some projects, but it would only depend on people's opinion and taste.

Those I actually have in mind would be more about:

- A patch for the current Pack. (FFSX 2007)

And probably:

[*] An upgraded woodland '85 pack to respect BIS original theme.

[*] Probably a chinese conversion (USA vs China/2008) conflict (Due to the raising of China in several major sectors nowadays), it would depend on some factors, though.

(Realistic

- gear and loadout/ Ammunition values.

- Model replacements (Weapons, Tanks, Vehicles, APCs, Aircrafts, Troops)

- Realistic effects and scripts (SLX scripts [Dragging, AI tactics, voices...], explosions, dust... etc)

- Name changes (for the Sino-US conflict).

Regards.

TB

it's great to see yur staying loyal to the ofp community thunderbird smile_o.gif The only reason I keep playing ofp is because of yur releases btw, so keep em' coming man!

edit: I'm still waiting for a USA/Iraq FFUR btw tounge2.gif

In terms of gaming, that might be very interesting but realistically speaking, I'm afraid an US/Iraqi conversion would not be representative enough of the real conflict, since several countries are/were implied.

Moreover, unlike a 'Sino/US or Russian/US conflict', both sides would risk to be unbalanced due to the major difference between the two armies in question, a fact to take into consideration to stay on OFP's storyline.

Though, I'm not saying that this will not be "done" for sure, it is just that I have some projects in mind at the moment, and they are both already started since a couple of days. ;]

Regarding the current FFUR '85 (2008 Edition):

I will make sure to keep the same OFP's feeling, but this pack would include some little new features. (Excluding the basic key features [AI, Effects, Sounds, Animations, Models, Values]).

If you have any suggestion or model addition to suggest, feel free to post it here, just make sure they fit with '85's era.

smile_o.gif

regards,

TB

Go TBird!!! A new FFUR '85 + SLX sounds awesome, I have a few suggestions for models that aren't already in FFUR 2007 but fit the '85 era:

U.S. Troops: HYK U.S. Soldiers '85 latest version

Soviet Troops: RHS VDV '85 Soldiers (may have to remove llauma's head for both of these...)

Soviet Armor: RHS T-72a, ORCS Bmp-1, Offtime Soviet BRDM

Soviet Air: Vit Su-25, CSLA Mig-21, Footmunch Mig-23/27

U.S. Air: Ikar F-14, Marco-Polo-IV AH-64A, Vit AH-1

U.S. Armor: Combat! M113, Inq M-60

U.S. Weaps: SJB M-16A2/M203, LSR Car-15, LSR M-60

Soviet Weaps: RHS AK-74/GP-25, ORCS TT-33

Extra: GNAT B-52, Admiral Kuznetsov Carrier, Hawk USS Nimitz

Footmunch A-6 Intruder, CSLA PT-76

These are just suggestions, and the extras I made note of are not neccesary, just more targets to have fun with. Thanks again for all your hard work TBird, greatly looking forward to the next release!

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Wish there was a way to slow down animations and switch back to the normal movement so the fml horror pack 3 isnt screwed up where zombies run extremely fast and your group and you are dead in 2 seconds.

If you have the time, could you fix the clipping bug with addon vehicle's turrets? Or add a desert version. Also you might want to consider a shield on the turret?

Hello Tbird!

You know an updated winter pack would really kick ass.. winter is coming.. :] whistle.gif

A modern winter pack would be nice smile_o.gif, though i really cant wait for the updated 85 pack biggrin_o.gif

please give us back the nvg with a larger f.o.v. (e.g. like Sanctuary's GRAA-mod has). This little circle hurts the eyes wink_o.gif

Also nice: CIV/Mil-trucks (ZIL....xy) like used in the former Y2K3 Mods.

Maybe some building-replacements (not only res ones) to improve the diversity in the towns. whistle.gif

The project for reworking the actual desert-, winter-mods (etc.) with new ffsx-effects sounds great! Hope it also includes the European-crisis as well. smile_o.gif

Is it past limitations to have a button to switch the side of the 3rd person view(like in GRAW, Splinter Cell) from left to right? Like say that there were 3 instead of 2 alternate views(1st, 3rd left, 3rd right?). Just for playabilities sakes. goodnight.gif

Very nice to hear that maybe there will be a 85' pack smile_o.gif

TB, A question:

Is there a chance that a "super" light config will be released ? meaning that FFUR will only replace vehicles soldiers and sounds ? meaning no weapon accuaracy and recoil changes, advanced AI & SLX scripts, like in Sanctuarys GRAA ? is it possible ?

Hi,

cjuraman:

You put a nice selection there and there are some great and very inspiring elements that would be added for sure to the main list I established.

Quote[/b] ]Wish there was a way to slow down animations and switch back to the normal movement so the fml horror pack 3 isnt screwed up where zombies run extremely fast and your group and you are dead in 2 seconds.

This will be taken into consideration.

Quote[/b] ]You know an updated winter pack would really kick ass.. winter is coming..

===========================================

A modern winter pack would be nice

Sorry, I can't really answer accurately right now, since the upgrade of the main '85 Pack requires a lot of work, (Because technically, it wouldn't be an upgrade of the previous project, but a total new MOD pack).

Again, and I'm sure the idea is 'interesting' but it would only depend on time.

Quote[/b] ]Also nice: CIV/Mil-trucks (ZIL....xy) like used in the former Y2K3 Mods.

Yes, good suggestions.

Quote[/b] ]Is it past limitations to have a button to switch the side of the 3rd person view(like in GRAW, Splinter Cell) from left to right? Like say that there were 3 instead of 2 alternate views(1st, 3rd left, 3rd right?). Just for playabilities sakes.

I would be tempted to say: "too much of work for nothing" due to the fact that this might require a lot of work in terms of scripting, GUI implementation... etc

But it is not impossible.

Quote[/b] ]Is there a chance that a "super" light config will be released ? meaning that FFUR will on

ly replace vehicles soldiers and sounds ? meaning no weapon accuaracy and recoil changes, advanced AI & SLX scripts, like in Sanctuarys GRAA ? is it possible ?

Yes, there is no problem about that.

Quote[/b] ]If your doing 1985, I think it would be best to leave it as

US vs USSR.

US vs China is more for present-future.

I'd love it if it was reverted to 1985. That would be awesome.

That is what is expected to be done as stated below:

Quote[/b] ]Probably a chinese conversion (USA vs China/2008) conflict (Due to the raising of China in several major sectors nowadays), it would depend on some factors, though.

Regards,

TB

TB whenever your'e doing the China/US conflict, I suggest to put the ROC/Taiwan army as resistance.

There is a graphically low-end ROC3.1 mod, which nonetheless features good missions and even better campaigns. To the point though, it gives you a good perspective of what the ROC/Taiawanise army is about.

As to 1985, I suggest that you first replace all BIS vehicles with newer similar models. And than add others on top of that. That's because in some FFUR versions an A-10 with GBU's was replaced with an F-16 and it screwed up some missions- Like the airfield bombing scene in the "Retaliation" campaign.

Quote[/b] ]

As to 1985, I suggest that you first replace all BIS vehicles with newer similar models. And than add others on top of that. That's because in some FFUR versions an A-10 with GBU's was replaced with an F-16 and it screwed up some missions- Like the airfield bombing scene in the "Retaliation" campaign.

Couldn't agree more smile_o.gif

---------

I think RHS's t62's will be a nice addition to 85' pack smile_o.gif

An important aspect of this unique game is its feeling and the immersion provided by its campaigns, and I'm slightly getting some difficulties to find a successor with the same level than OFP.

Having tried out several games/simulators during the last years, they all seemed good but they didn't bring the same 'little thing' that made OFP so different and exceptional.

I will make sure to preserve it since, this property was slightly neglected with the previous packs due to the focus on technical facets.

Thank you for your interest and suggestions, keep'em coming! :]

regards,

TB

General Giap there you go Roc Mod V3.1

It looks almoust like the vanilla OFP, but try choosing different branches in the Taiwan 2002 campaign it's a great idea.

Back to topic-

Tb thanks for making an effort on the preservation thing. OFP is really a unique product.

Thank you for the link, I know about the ROC MOD since I cooperated a while ago with the mod's foundator and skilled leader 'Andy', in order to modifie a package of his scripts for one of the previous FFUR packs.

Concerning the use of Taiwanese as resistance might be, indeed, a noteworthy idea but some models might require a slight update to fit with the rest of 3D units. ;]

regards,

TB

Is there a way to set the "breathing system" back to vanilla OFP Res? Imo sprinting is now completely useless because it really takes too long to recover from exhaustion.

I looked through the config, but couldn't find the option, but it should be somewhere there, right whistle.gif ?

Would be awesome if really all 4 seasons will be included. It feels strange to fight winter/fall battles with the same foliage etc like in summer/spring.

Some ideas about scenario:

US vs Middle East vs Russia - Oil Wars

US vs China vs UN (as Resistance BWMod, UKF, Operation Frenchpoint etc.)