Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR-SLX 2007 2.0

pickled14,

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you mind posting here a download of your revised version of the SLX file that now has the correctly working artillery? I'd love to get my hands on it.

Yours,

Kyle

Sept. 28, 2007

smile_o.gif

Thunderbird,

I just played through Clean Sweep twice since the new installation, and I've sadly discovered that the buildings have all of their windows restored, which means that the AI units are once again invisible to the player who's looking through the glass.

The last build of 2.5 (not the New Version) didn't have this problem. Please restore the prior version's buildings.

Yours,

Kyle

smile_o.gif

OOPS!

It seems that the updated Replacement Pack was never installed because I simply kept using my old FFUR+SLX shortcut to start the mod. The Pack just finished installing, so I'm off to try it again. Odds are, my assessment was premature. I apologize for that.

Quote[/b] ]=thunderbird84,Sep. 28 2007,18:43]
Quote[/b] ]Is there not just a simpler way of reverting it back to the default?

Yes, sure.

Simply delete the following files (if they are available) from your @ffsx2007\dta\ folder:

_Data.pbo

_Data3d.pbo

_Hwtl folder

Cheers tbird.

If you delete them, running the mod again just takes you to the "replacement pack not installed" screen. I therefore replaced Data3D.pbo with the original one from the Operation Flashpoint/DTA folder. This reverted to the old sky but rendered some of the roads as textureless bright white strips.

Any help from anyone on how to get the old sky back (without bright white roads) would be much appreciated.

Can't believe people like the new sky over the old....

pickled14,

After reading your post about how the Super AI can see through the smoke, I tried Clean Sweep again, and I'm embarrassed to admit this, but after throwing several cans of smoke as a test, I'm beginning to believe that your statement is now true. huh.gif

If that is the case, what a bummer!

Maybe in order for the AI to behave smarter they're allowed to "see through" certain materials? Whatever it is, I hope that there's a workaround other than disabling the Super AI setting...

Thank you for your offer to post the download after your busy weekend. I'll be looking forward to it, that's for sure.

Yours,

Kyle

smile_o.gif

I still love this mod manny features and smoke and fire effects are superior to Arma!

The management of woundet soldiers is just great!

Finally you can make real MEDEVAC and load them into vehicles!

It is still not perfect but it works.

Just to reiterate:

i want to revert back to the original sky so i've got rid of hwtl/Data.pbo. It works fine apart from this side effect:

nodatapbogv6.jpg

The dirt track textures appear to be missing.

Is it because these textures are included in the data.pbo?

In which case, why doesn't ofp just use the old ones?

any help much appreciated.

I´ve installed 2.5 patch and nothing happens.

I´m downloading directly to the OFP directory.

What to do, what to do!!

Pancho,

It's not necessary to download the patch to the OFP directory. Download it to wherever you want, click on the .exe, and it'll automatically find your OFP directory by itself.

After it's done installing, you'll need to click on a shortcut that's been put into a your OFP directory that's named "@ffsx2007". The name of the shortcut you need to activate is "Launch the MOD". It'll then open up a black window that'll ask you whether or not you want to install the extra content, and I highly recommend that you say "Yes" to both of the questions it asks you. Once that's finished, click on "Launch the MOD" again, and this time it'll take you to the game."

I hope this helps!

biggrin_o.gif

I also meant to say that it seems like the AI actually operates even more intelligently with the "Super AI" shut off! I'll be more than a little embarrassed if I'm imagining things, but honestly, it does seem like they AI are using the buildings more, and are more effective in advancing on a position as a unit.

Am I correct in my observations on this, or what? If that is the case, then the AI adjustments that were made to the default settings were very extensive indeed.

Isn't it sad that this mod is garnering the praise that it is in regards to how people feel about it in comparison to ArmA? This mod is amazing on its own, but to hear time after time that it's better than its newer brethren is high praise indeed.

The hard work of this community has made OFP a classic that's more than worth playing.

smile_o.gif

Here's the modified SLX_GL3.PBO that allows for AI controlled arty.

SLX_GL3

of course please backup your original first.

Thanks for the artillery fix. I had no idea that the file was so big, and that makes me especially more grateful for your handiwork!

I've done some more reflecting on one of your observations in regards to the pistol usage by the AI, and they sure do overuse it. I don't know if it's just me or not, but it seems like the AI use it less when set to Super AI, but enabling that option seems to enable them to see right through the smoke.

What a choice to make.

Of course the other option is to strip them of their sidearms in the Editor, but that's so highly unrealistic that the notion of that makes me feel itchy.

Maybe the AI can be tweaked one more time to make them even less likely to use their pistols? One can hope.

Thanks again for your contribution!

Yours,

Kyle

smile_o.gif

do you think you will use (excellents) GRAA faces in your next patch release or there's a way for use the faces in your mod?

Where do you think can I download SLX mod 1.09 version? On filefront there's only a corrupted .rar...HELP!

To get the latest build of the SLX mod, visit Solus' comprehensive thread at: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....09;st=0

I downloaded and installed the older build of the VME mod, v.2.01B. From what I've read, their latest release, v.3.0, doesn't have any of the AI adjustments that they've made over the years. I started up a "please tell me your observations about VME's AI" thread here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1160864

Last night I noted that while they did lean, it seemed fairly random, but there were a couple of times that they opened up on me while they were strafing, and let me tell you, that made quite an impression with me. I'm going to try said mod with the AI set to "Super AI," and see what more, if anything, it delivers.

Is there any chance of possibly integrating VME's strafing code into FFUR+SLX? I've read a number of people complaining about the lag they experienced before because of VME's coding, but their latest patch promised that they had addressed the lag, and in all honesty, I didn't experience any lag with the 2.01B patch installed.

If I experience any significant upgrades in the AIs performance, I'll give a brief note of it here, with a more in depth detailing at the thread that listed above.

Yours,

Kyle

Oct. 3, 2007

biggrin_o.gif

Just finished playing the VME v.2.01B mod on "Super AI" setting, and man, I don't know what to think about it anymore.

Sadly, there was lag. Just as sadly, I played one mission several times, and no strafing, or leaning to be seen.

I have to wonder if these animations are all just randomized, and not really about the AI thinking through their tactics?

Hey about the VME mod. I played all of it's versions an while the 2.01b is great, I remember TB saying that it would cause too much lag to be included.  That's one of the reasons I'm on V3.0 right now.

@ Oct. 06 2007,14:39)]where can I find this mod? On OPF.gamepark.cz I can't download it....

Try The First Page All The Links Are There With Version 2.0 and The 2.55 Patch.