Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR-SLX 2007 2.0

My hardware and everything is fine. I put FFUR to having first priority in the shortcut but what may be conflicting is that for all the other mods except ffur i deleted their BIN's. The FFUR load screen works but no army march music.

FFUR is not supposed to be used with other MODs, it works as standalone with its own .pbo/.bin files.

The issue you are experiencing seem to be caused by the fact you combined several Mods and this might cause some trouble.

Have you tried by keeping other Mods's configs?

Otherwise, there is nothing I can do.

regards,

TB

Im gonna try putting the FFUR main.ogg in the ffsx\data\music.pbo and see what happens from there. Btw its 44,100 not 44000 hz.

Nope didnt work and I tried activating the aircraft in the editor (ex. su-39 and all the other ffur aircraft) and I get this:

ffirgz3.jpg

Sorry universal but i think you should reinstall ffur without using any other mod to see if it work. I have no problem here and i can use any plane in the editor.

Just my 2 cents

Universal:

It is logical to get such errors after having combined a bunch of mods that aren't supposed to work alongside others.

To be honest, I don't see the point of reporting errors that basically, aren't related to the MOD since you tried to make several mods all work simultaneously.

Please respect the instructions and make some research in the forums for further information.

The only and safety way to combine mods consists of editing the main config files, this requires some skills but is highly possible.

Regarding the US Army Models:

[*]Slightly enhanced the models by including:

- IOTV vest.

- Realistic Magazine pouches, 1st kit Medical pouches...

- Now special forces models look different from regular troops.

untitled8ii3.jpg

untitled20pe2.jpg

regards,

TB

There are good grounds for saying this, but in spite of what is generally believed, Spetsnatz Forces are devided in several units specialized in different kind of tasks.

Unlike FSB Troops which are designed to combat terrorism mostly in Urban areas, GRU units can operate autonomously in extrem warfare conditions.

Those represented in FFUR refer to GRU units controlled by the military intelligence service.

In terms of equipment, they don't carry the same gear and loadout.

Regards,

TB

to be a bit more exact about the flags:

upper pic: flag on shoulder is facing wrong direction

lower pic: flag on chest has same problem ^^

regards, prodetar2

Hello!! FFUR have some amazing animations about grabbing wounded soldiers. Want to know If is possible to have it installed on another mod ( If they are available separately ) and If is possible to grab wounded and dead soldiers and mount them in choppers

Thank's

Thanks for reporting the flag issue but no worries about it since the last post's shots show the WIP version.

Quote[/b] ]FUR have some amazing animations about grabbing wounded soldiers. Want to know If is possible to have it installed on another mod ( If they are available separately ) and If is possible to grab wounded and dead soldiers and mount them in choppers

AI scripts are very condensed and they need each others to work correctly, the amount of work needed to carry out that might be tedious and complex.

Regarding the incoming patch, if there are some people interested in testing it then feel free to send me a pm.

Thanks.

Regards,

TB

Just a quick question... is there a FFURSLX weapon/ammo list anywhere?

i cant find the weapons.cfg :P

thnx ^^

to be a bit more exact about the flags:

upper pic: flag on shoulder is facing wrong direction

lower pic: flag on chest has same problem ^^

regards, prodetar2

Actualy, its the other way round. The blue part with stars faces forwards on the shoulder. So the top pic shoulder is correct, bottom pic shoulder is incorrect.

I'm not sure about the chest flag.

PS. In combat uniform, a subdued flag (grey) is worn on ACU.

A small request.

Is it possible to reduce the volume of the breathing or maybe have the breathing shorter? The guys have asthma lol no offence.

Is there a way to reenable the damage? I shoot an helo and the helo is still intact after. Only fire coming out which looks good but having a little damage would make it much more realism.

Quote[/b] ]Just a quick question... is there a FFURSLX weapon/ammo list anywhere?

Actually there is no Weapon/Ammo list but I will manage to add one to the 'Final Full Pack' which would be regrouping the 'Full pack + Patch 2.5.5'.

Quote[/b] ]a small pic about the t62 resistance:

http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ownedke5.jpg

took out 2 russian t62's, 1 t-80UM and 1 bmp3.. hmm overpowerd or just good playing?? ^^

Seamingly, your tank didn't get any damage which means that you have been able to get big advantage over enemy tanks, not in terms of Armor, but I would rather say in terms of 'Tactical Positioning'.

Quote[/b] ]Is it possible to reduce the volume of the breathing or maybe have the breathing shorter? The guys have asthma lol no offence

Believe in my experience, carrying a Body armor/or just even the light combat waistcoat, assault rifle, full magazines, helmet, camel back/canteen, ANPVP (Gaz Mask), rangers and sometimes a radio (In the french army, due to the limitations of the TRPP-39, we are still used to carry the oldy TRPP-13 during patrol manoeuvres, which is quite heavy) makes a serious difference when it comes to sprinting, even being well-trained, heh.

Quote[/b] ]Is there a way to reenable the damage? I shoot an helo and the helo is still intact after. Only fire coming out which looks good but having a little damage would make it much more realism.

Truthfully I find more realistic the way Solus implemented the model's damage process since aircrafts don't systematically turn black after being hit.

By the way, regarding the incoming release, Macser/Lamentin have kindly provided us the enhanced version of the stryker, which looks nice and authentic so far.

But unfortunately, at the moment It can't be used as model replacement instead of the M113 due to the gunner's view limitation since the optic doesn't properly work.

Regards,

TB

Seamingly,

You got the Beta version which was exclusively intended to Beta-Testers, this patch is still unreleased, though.

However, I can ensure you that this bug would be fixed for the final version.

No worries.

regards,

TB

Hello!

Great mod but I still have one problem with 2.5,

My RPG-29 gunners still die 75% of the time while lunching a rocket.

Hello!

Great mod but I still have one problem with 2.5,

My RPG-29 gunners still die 75% of the time while lunching a rocket.

Odd, I don't have that problem at all. I do have another problem with the RPG-29 however, I can't engage targets at ranges in excess of 915 meters (well I can, but the rockets seem to go everywhere but on target). I don't know if it's meant to be like that (maximum range of the weapon), or if it it's a bug... confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Oh, in the unit names for the Marines, replace 'medic' with 'Corpsman'

Yes, this will be changed with the incoming patch.

Quote[/b] ]My RPG-29 gunners still die 75% of the time while lunching a rocket.

This has been fixed for the incoming patch as well.

Quote[/b] ] however, I can't engage targets at ranges in excess of 915 meters

According to wikipedia, the 'aimed range' of the RPG-29 doesn't exceed 500 m, it is very hard to aim with rocket launchers in real life , because keeping it perfectly stable is almost impossible, and that consequently affect your rocket's trajectory, hitting a target at 100 m might sometimes be quite hard.

By the way, regarding the incoming patch, I would like to let you know that the Stryker would finally be incorporated as replacement instead of the M113 since several hours were spent to get it working properly in-game.

The Model is awesome, Macser and Lamentin did a great job bringing it to this status.

With Franze's permission, I also included MAS amazing Super Hornet Model instead of the AV-8, since there were several 'unresolvable' issues with the Harrier, especially with the model and the weapons models.

The Super Hornet is a great replacement, features a huge amount of friendly cpu scripts and works perfectly.

The Model is so far one of the most realistic carried out thus far.

superhornetdb0.jpg

elcanda9.jpg

strykergh2.jpg

Regards,

TB

Thunderbird,

I'm happy to see that you're going to get the phenomenal Vix Stryker in the next release. A very wise choice on your part, and I'm hoping that any potential "rpg-detection" issues are addressed before the patch comes out.

I was pleased to read that the M4s/M16s are going to now have their specialized sights attached to the weapon by default. That makes a lot more sense to me than having a soldier proceed to a mission with just his ironsights and then deciding to attach his extremely expensive piece of aiming hardware. Another smart decision on your part.

Also worth mentioning is that you've left intact the shouting out the soldiers do during combat. I can't recall if the communicating is as robust as found in the ECP mod, but I'm grateful that it's there nonetheless.

Do the F-18s deployed into combat always come with such a bright and colorful paint scheme? It seems to me that the boldly hued version in the supplied screenshot could draw a lot of undesired attention.

I'm wondering if you'd be so kind as to supply a list of all of the model changes that you made in a separate document that'll make it easier for those of us who'd like to make our own missions while being mindful of FFUR/SLX's amazing features.

I'm really trying to come up with an interesting mission, and since I'm a noob at this sort of thing, it'd make me more confident to have a document written by yourself that clearly specifies the models/scripts that have been added to the game, or swapped out to replace BIS' default ones.

For example, I'm debating whether or not I want to try setting up GroupLink II, but I suspect that you already have it integrated into your mod. If that's the case, I don't have to worry about defining it in the mission, since FFUR+SLX will have it enabled in the game for me. It would also be useful to know if certain features were disabled in specific scripts, so that we could then decide if we want to have the full script running in our missions anyway.

I'm really looking forward to your next release. Thanks again for all of your labor.

Yours,

Kyle

smile_o.gif

Wow good job! Can't wait for this!

Thanks for your hard work and all you are doing for the community!

TFatseas

hey TB,

do you change the impact sound of the artillery, because it appears more like a grenade explosion?

thx

Quote[/b] ]What's with the subdued flag on a regular Soldier, and I can't make out an IOTV

The flag issue is fixed and the IOTV vest is not really a new model, just some adjustements here and there, rather wait and see. ;]

Quote[/b] ]I'm hoping that any potential "rpg-detection" issues are addressed before the patch comes out.

I have a script that works perfectly but I don't expect to include it since this would break several BIS missions, it would make it too hard to hit strykers.

Quote[/b] ]Also worth mentioning is that you've left intact the shouting out the soldiers do during combat. I can't recall if the communicating is as robust as found in the ECP mod

The way the ECP mod included their voices is too complex to be used in FFUR, since the scripts's architecture is not similar in both Mods.

I think the current 'voices' feature is good enough to keep it as it is actually.

Quote[/b] ]Do the F-18s deployed into combat always come with such a bright and colorful paint scheme?

Truthfully, I do agree with you about this point but we should trust Franze because he knows very well what he makes.

Quote[/b] ]I'm wondering if you'd be so kind as to supply a list of all of the model changes that you made in a separate document that'll make it easier for those of us who'd like to make our own missions while being mindful of FFUR/SLX's amazing features.

Yes, as stated in one of my previous posts, there is an FFUR Full pack that is envisaged (Full pack 2.0 + Patch 2.5.5) that would include a list of 'Weapons/Ammo classes' and 'Models classes'.

Quote[/b] ]For example, I'm debating whether or not I want to try setting up GroupLink II, but I suspect that you already have it integrated into your mod. If that's the case, I don't have to worry about defining it in the mission, since FFUR+SLX will have it enabled in the game for me. It would also be useful to know if certain features were disabled in specific scripts, so that we could then decide if we want to have the full script running in our missions anyway.

Solus included an enhanced version of GroupLink II scripts, which are actually called Grouplink III, they feature a huge amount of AI changes and improvements and are lag free.

I slightly edited'em in order to make them fit with BIS missions storyline.

Quote[/b] ]do you change the impact sound of the artillery, because it appears more like a grenade explosion?

The current artillery sounds aren't the same ones we used for grenades, but if you dislike them then feel free to send me yours, I would greatly appreciate to implement'em if they would be in a certain light better.

Thank you all for the nice words and support,

Sincerely, yours

TB