Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR-SLX 2007 2.0

When I disembark a vehicle with the new marines, they all gonna stand close to each other, and trying to get em back in formation again doesn't work huh.gif

Works fine here, please take the time to reproduce that in the mission editor before reporting that as a 'bug'.

That would be helpful here and would avoid us having a huge list of bugs which aren't really 'bugs'.

Anyways, I repeat again, if some of you are disappointed by the new AI then feel free to use the LOW config (of your choice) which makes the MOD work as 'FFUR 2007'.

regards

TB

Thunderbird,

I found another building that has windows that make it impossible to see the AI, but the AI certainly has no trouble seeing you.

I installed the Res update, and it's the building type that kind of looks like a fancy office in the mission Clean Sweep. The building straight ahead with the second story porch is the one I'm talking about and is pictured below:

p><p> [img]<a href=http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/smile_o.gif' alt='smile_o.gif'>

Quote[/b] ]If possible, please treat the glass for this structure as Solus did for the other buildings in SLX. It is beyond frustrating to me that BIS allowed this bug to go unadressed in a patch. Hopefully we can correct this situation for them yet again.

To be honest, I don't know what Solus did exactly to the buildings, but I will get a close look at it.

Meanwhile, Here is the incoming patch's fixes and changes:

_Included: SEF High quality LAV-25 instead of the previous one, the new model can carry 6 soldiers instead of 5.

_Included: ELCAN's to M249/M240 with the ability to mount/dismount the scope.

_Enhanced: Now you start missions with scopes already mounted, you can dismount'em, though.

_Fixed: 'Ess' Logo removed and implemented realistic US arm patches for both marines and US army.

_Fixed: 'XXX is too wounded, they need a medic' is replaced by a better sentence.

_Fixed: Weird sound when dragging.

_Fixed: SA58 replaced by AK47 due to matter of realism.

_Fixed: 'Rise mudgards' replaced by 'Raise Mudgards.

_Fixed: Marines Medic uses MARPAT instead of ACU.

_Fixed: Marines unable to reload their magazines.

_Fixed: Burst Mode added to Marines M16A4.

_Fixed: CTD when soldiers surrender.

_Fixed: TU22 able to refuel at its own tailgun.

_Fixed: M4 Acog Muzzleflash.

_Fixed: Marines are able to mount/dismount scopes (Aimpoint/Elcan).

untitled4ai9.jpg

Regards,

TB

I still can not find the option to call artillery.

Was this feature taken out? confused_o.gif

Negative, only Squad leaders are entitled to use the artillery support since they carry radios (SINGCARS for US/ R-109 for Russians).

regards,

TB

Can anybody give me and idea of what i should do because i can't play the game anymore. I bought resistance from ebay but the guy from china never sent me the Cd key so he gave it to me via email but by accident i deleted my email so i tried getting another cd key but when loading the game i got the error message cd key not valid etc. I can't find the game anymore here in canada.

Anything i can do?

I cannot contact the guy on ebay anymore since i have the game like till 2 years ago and i don't think he will remember me. lol

what a shame....

Well my friend there are solutions to this. I'll PM you with one nice site, don't know if I'm allowed to write it in here.

i continued playing with and without slx features, and i still have the failure, that i cant board trucks, or the AI wont. sometimes it works, sometimes not

in cwc campaign im at mission montignac must fall, campaign was fine till there, expect the trainingmission.

now im at end of the mission waiting for blackhawk to show up, but nothing happens....

the last picture posted here, are all soldiers looking like that with ffur? because i have the grey camo, no matter what mission or campaign i play, my soldiers never look like that.

and i wanna repeat my questions from 2 sites back, can i disable radiochatter and where can i change the camera position from 3.rd person view?

i think about, taking a look at the missions from standard campaigns, that dont work with ffur. but im new to ofp and i have no idea of mission making, scripting etc., so is there someone out there who already did that? or does anyoen know campaigns that work perfectly with ffur?

thx

stYler

@xplosiv- There's no problem with the 2.01 fix. You can just go over it. Worked for me.

Yeah, worked for me too, cheers.

Quote[/b] ]in cwc campaign im at mission montignac must fall, campaign was fine till there, expect the trainingmission.

now im at end of the mission waiting for blackhawk to show up, but nothing happens....

I played CWC first missions before releasing the patch and truthfully, I haven't experienced any kind of issue.

If soldiers don't go aboard trucks then it is you fault because you have not ensured your trucks's safety since enemy do engage trucks drivers and that would sometimes block you from getting aboard allied trucks if they are dead (Mission limitation).

Quote[/b] ]the last picture posted here, are all soldiers looking like that with ffur? because i have the grey camo, no matter what mission or campaign i play, my soldiers never look like that.

The soldier you see in the last pic is an US Marine, US Army units are used as replacement instead of BIS Models whereas US Marines are just additional, before asking why US Marines aren't the default troops or why is there no US Marines Config, please take the time to check out the previous posts.

Quote[/b] ]nd i wanna repeat my questions from 2 sites back, can i disable radiochatter

Yes, I added the scripts to the SLX_GL3 folder, first open the config.cpp of your choice then

Replace:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;_this exec ""\slx_gl3\radio1.sqs""";

by

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">";

and

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;_this exec ""\slx_gl3\radio2.sqs""";

by

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">";

Convert the config to .bin format.

Quote[/b] ]where can i change the camera position from 3.rd person view?

Open the config.cpp and find

class Man:Land

Find

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">extCameraPosition[]={0.25,-0.1,-1.4};

And replace it by

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">extCameraPosition[]={0,0.3,-3.5};

Convert the config to .bin format.

Quote[/b] ]does anyoen know campaigns that work perfectly with ffur?

The campaigns work good with FFUR, they are somewhat different from what you have been used to see with OFP vanilla, since the atmosphere and immersion are completely different.

Some missions might take be hard to accomplish but keep patient.

regards,

TB

I don't think US Marines use the subdued patch.

Only Army. (As far as i know)

I'm not 100% certain.

Researching for you now.

thank u for the fast answer

in red hammer campaign i had to shoot the truck driver in his leg, than he board truck and went on with mission, before he was standing around doing nothing...

and that the black hawk is not showing up cant be the players fault...

thats what i mean, seem to be kind of random if the some missions work or not... the player has to find out

uhm i cant find any config.cpp in ffur folder like in other mods (ecp),

and i have no SLX_GL3 folder, just a file named like that in addons folder, and i dunno how to convert to .bin huh.gif

sorry im big noob sad_o.gif

This mod is the best thing that has ever happened to OFP, thank you TBird. I know the upcoming patch is very close to being done, if not done already, but I thought I would just add my two cents:

-the BOH M249 model you are using in the mod is very nice, but the US army no longer uses this model with the skeleton stock. Laser has several nice M249 models that use the regular and para stocks, both in current use with US troops, maybe you could replace the BOH model with one of those, and he has a model with an Elcan, which could also fit nicely.

-you are using an animation pack from sanctuary that is one or two generations old. Why not use his latest and gratest from his GRAA pack, this is IMHO the best animation pack out there

Anyway these are small gripes, just things I thought that could make an already great mod even greater

Quote[/b] ]thank u for the fast answer

in red hammer campaign i had to shoot the truck driver in his leg, than he board truck and went on with mission, before he was standing around doing nothing...

and that the black hawk is not showing up cant be the players fault...

thats what i mean, seem to be kind of random if the some missions work or not... the player has to find out

uhm i cant find any config.cpp in ffur folder like in other mods (ecp),

and i have no SLX_GL3 folder, just a file named like that in addons folder, and i dunno how to convert to .bin

Ok, done a config for you, just extract the config.bin to your @ffsx2007\bin\ folder and overwrite the previous config file.

Here you go:

Download

-Removed the radio-chatter

-Put back the previous 3rd person camera view

By the way, just for your information, the config.cpp is the editable version of the config file, it is located inside 'Editable config' folder (in Bin\editable config\ ).

Quote[/b] ]I don't think US Marines use the subdued patch.

There are some US Marines around here, their support would be greatly appreciated to figure out this little issue.

cjuraman:

First, thanks for the kind words and suggestions, they will be taken into consideration.

regards,

TB

wow thank u thumbs-up.gif

but was not necessary, i changed config.cpp myslef, your last post cleared where i find it and what to do, before i didnt noticed the editable folders

created a grass-normal-noRadiochatter-my3.personview config.cpp, seem to work fine

btw i like the new 3. person view, but i changed it a little, camera a bit higher, bit more far away, and a bit more to right.

if u think about taking the animations from graa, i like to add, that i think, the slow movement leg animations dont look very good, the rest is superb, however the nice jump-in-cover animation fromm ffur is missing.

concerning missions: i replayed montignac must fall and now the black hawk showed up and was gunned down by the hind.

the next mission is my favorite from all missions ever, altough i have to save and load a lot at start

but with new ffur this mission is a must-play, this time i turned figari into a russian graveyard biggrin_o.gif

i shot the hind, the t72, the bmp and every fool that was dumb enough to get to close to figari pistols.gif

Great job TB.

I have one bug though, the gunner of the MI-17 has some erratic head movements and when I get in that position, I cannot look or shoot on the right side.

Also, on a different subject, I am always sadden by the lack of civilian aircrafts other than "plane".. with all the offer of hellos and other Nogovian airline birds, maybe the choice could be bigger? (Just wondering..)

Then again merci beaucoup.

Quote[/b] ]if u think about taking the animations from graa, i like to add, that i think, the slow movement leg animations dont look very good, the rest is superb, however the nice jump-in-cover animation fromm ffur is missing.

You don't get this animation in-game because it is simply not located inside anim.pbo.

Including it would require you to make a new class in the cfgmoves anim and redefine its path, depending on the subdirectory you will put the anim in.

Better don't mess with it since the cfgmoves part is very sensitive and might turn to a CTD source.

Quote[/b] ]Great job TB.

I have one bug though, the gunner of the MI-17 has some erratic head movements and when I get in that position, I cannot look or shoot on the right side.

Also, on a different subject, I am always sadden by the lack of civilian aircrafts other than "plane".. with all the offer of hellos and other Nogovian airline birds, maybe the choice could be bigger? (Just wondering..)

Then again merci beaucoup.

Thanks,

Regarding the addition of 'extra' civilian aircrafts, this has been envisaged a while ago, and even wanted to include CSJ planes with the author's permission, but had to withdraw since there were some issues with the models when changing their textures paths.

Though, still you can download the addons and use them with FFSX. ;]

Concerning the 'MI-17', Its authors defined the 'angle' of the machineGun, and we included their values trusting them, since the OWP team showed to be a talented team, basing its work on a solid knowledge of 'realism'.

The same goes to the animations as well as to the rest.

regards,

TB

The movement sounds are pretty good ( the equipment shuffling) but the actual step sounds very low quality and unrealistic. like a swooshing sound.

any chance on improving this?

I hope you would agree with me that satsfying everyone's taste would make the MOD never end, since I would have to constantly update the mod if I would come up to attempt to include everyone's suggestion.

Don't take me wrong but some choices sometimes just can't be discussed.

smile_o.gif

regards,

TB

Also the guy needing the cdkey let me know I have an extra one that may work for you (picked up numerous copies of OFP at a comp show for a buck) let me know in a PM and ill post the key to ya

I'm wondering if someone could give me a hand in setting up the Properties for a FFUR/SLX shortcut that also loads up other mods that I enjoy, such as BAS, etc., etc.

Now, I've setup OFP modified shortcuts before, but this is the first time that I had to work with a shortcut that has "\" in it, and a file that ends with "\Launch the MOD.exe". For example, I want to rearrange a couple of missions that I had set on the AfghanEveron map, but none of the missions that are set on said island show up in the Editor because I don't know how to add the directory's name that the files are in into FFUR/SLX's properties so that it'll launch properly.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Yours,

Kyle

Just want to say thx for people that helped me for the cd key thing. I didn't installed the game yet ( still waiting for maybe another small patch from tb )  will let you know if eveything works good. Also my cd installation is in chinese lol ( main menu ) but at least the game itself is in english.

ok cool. Everything works fine now wink_o.gif

Great mod.   yay.gif

Just curious is it supposed to have only fire and no damage on any models? ( tank helo ) etc?

Quote[/b] ]I'm wondering if someone could give me a hand in setting up the Properties for a FFUR/SLX shortcut that also loads up other mods that I enjoy, such as BAS, etc., etc.

Make a shortcut derived from FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE, after the target line FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE write there -nosplash -nomap -mod=@ffsx2007;@BAS

and if you want to add more mods then just add the mod's name after ;

Quote[/b] ]Just curious is it supposed to have only fire and no damage on any models? ( tank helo ) etc?

'Localized damages' don't systematically make tanks turn into a black'n ugly piece of rusted wreck, that is why it has been disabled.

regards,

TB