Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR-SLX 2007 2.0

Yes, do that and then run the installer you wish.

Also for the ones that have the withe SLX GRASS...put in the addons folder 'SLX_Grass.pbo' form SLX mod 1.1, this one contains the textures.

To use the artillery first use the command and after some voice plays you press LeftShift+LeftAlt+(click on the map)

goodnight.gif

Yes, do that and then run the installer you wish.

Thank you for your help. It worked. I'll be looking for your stuff too. Cheers! biggrin_o.gif

The game runs, didn't try much the mod's stuff yet, but...

withebuggp0.th.jpg

Yeah I get this problem too, as well as the blurred faces. Hope they get fixed. crazy_o.gif

I seem to have the Tonal redux installed and it works correctly - but I am having problems with CSLA 2 mod - is there a way to just transfer the CSLA addons and place them in either the FFUR addon folder or the Res Addon folder ?

Any help would greatly be appreciated - many thanks.

S. Chapman

Remove the BIN and DTA folders from your CSLA folder and put them somewhere else. Then run both FFSX and CSLA biggrin_o.gif

Should work.

Quote[/b] ]It would be nice if you could add roadkill's Nogovan Light Infantry Addons into the MOD

Roadkill's models are nice but they don't fit with the rest of infantry models since they are based on Offtime's human model.

Quote[/b] ] didn't see the need but will give it a try, but this time i'll try to make it more compatible with other mods(or two versions)

Thank you for your efforts and input.

Quote[/b] ]-The chinook is not replaced in FFSX, it would be nice to have a new one.

-The sniper model you used in last patch of FFSX 1.0

-Better civilians form this pack http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file....k;72052

-PLEASE a savegame action or tell me how to add it

-AfrographX's Chinook is a great replacement but the model has been taken out because it can't paradrop troops for some reason.

-The previous sniper's model was having missing unknown lods.

-Added to the list of models's additions.

-Concerning the 'savegame' command, if you know a mission using it please let me know about it, that would be helpful to integrate it to the MOD.

Quote[/b] ]Well, I finally found some time to post a picture:

This would be fixed for the incoming patch, thanks for the pic.

Quote[/b] ]This american tank soldier behaves somewhat mega-heroic. After having fired at me for about 20 seconds (without having hit me from a 10 metres distance), he starts dragging his fellow in the middle of a severe firefight.

Excluding decreasing the percentage of the 'dragging' feature, I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done to enhance this aspect of the AI.

Quote[/b] ]The Stryker is currently being done up by another addon maker (can't remember their name) to fix the bugs such as RPG's passing through etc. Once it's fixed up it would be a brilliant addition but in it's current state, no.

We have already got the permission from Vixer to use his great Stryker, it is currently under development by 2 skilled addons makers.

It would be included as soon as it is released.

Quote[/b] ]I resolved the old problem but now I have a new problem whit FFSX 2.0. I'm playing Resistance Campaign but in a big videos number I have this error and I can't see the videos:

SEE IMAGE HEREhttp://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=opfffsx20errorkt6.jpg

It seems that one of the files is corrupted, uninstall the pack, redownload the MOD and reinstall it, please respect the instructions during the installation process to avoid experiencing such trouble.

Quote[/b] ]Is there in editor that invisible vehicle or can I put it somehow in editor, basic question is can I create mission in editor with already wounded soldier in that "invisible vehicle"?

The vehicle's class is called: SLX_Dragger

Quote[/b] ]#AH64D

- gunners sight is below cockpit maybe change gunners sight to "Kiowa" gunnersight?

- M-230 Chaingun with orange tracer (make without or less)

#Ka-52

- engine sounds are not "constant" - somtimes silence sometimes engine sound...

#CH-47D

- MGun muzzleflash is not sync with sound

- no switch between seats (cargo, gunner, pilot)

#Mi-17

- PKT 7.62mm only single-fire mode?

- no switch between seats (cargo, gunner, pilot)

#OH-58

- no switch between seats (gunner,pilot)

#UH-60 (MG)

- muzzleflash from M2 12,7mm could be much better

#helicopter (general)

+ should have manual option to gear up/down instead of automatic

+ resistance Mi-8 and Bo-105 would be nice

+ radio chatter is nice... would be good to have an chatter-only-option "silent" wink_o.gif

#others

+ SF/Spetznaz and some others need SD handguns/pistols

- soldiers shooting through building (CWR-Mission "Incursion")

- no "mega-heroics" and AI drag soldiers into hot-combat-zone

- i have to deinstall extra building pack because on some places the buildings doesn't fit

would be fine too:

+ UMP like HK MP7 to crew, pilots...

+ Fishing boats, water scooters

+ Camo PBR/ Zodiak 2.0

+ Kuznetsov and Nimitz

+ Nogova Police

Thanks for your interest, suggestions and feedback, some of them can't be done for some reason but a list of changes and improvements would be released soon.

Quote[/b] ]I´ve noticed that the frag ammunition in Russian tanks are gone. All we have is APDS rounds and these are almost ineffective against infantry. Will they be back in the patch?

This would be checked out and fixed if needed.

Quote[/b] ]I'm making a final one with more options, it'will be compatible with this mods and any other ones(hopefully) It will also include my voice replacement from the topic VoiceRep.

I'm looking forward to it, keep up the nice work.

Quote[/b] ]Throwing it out there , but is it possible to combine FDF, CSLA, & Tonal Redux mods under the FFUR & SLX umbrella huh.gif

IIRC there was a command line -mod=@CLSA;@FDF;@Tonal

that could be added to the command string - is this possible to do to make an ultimate OFP

As JdB stated, mods using their own 'main' config files wouldn't properly work with FFUR since it has its own config.

But mods like 'SFP, ORCS, RHS... etc' should work correct.

Quote[/b] ]Also for the ones that have the withe SLX GRASS...put in the addons folder 'SLX_Grass.pbo' form SLX mod 1.1, this one contains the textures

Well found, thanks for sharing it.

Quote[/b] ]hey people i cant see the bodies dismember when i shoot them....why?

The body dismemberment feature is random, it works so far good here, give it a try in the mission editor.

Quote[/b] ]Yeah I get this problem too, as well as the blurred faces. Hope they get fixed.

Just read SamotH post above, as reported, moving SLX_grass from @SLX\addons to @ffsx2007\addons folder does figure out the issue.

Or just get the missing .pbo file here:

Download

Quote[/b] ]but I am having problems with CSLA 2 mod - is there a way to just transfer the CSLA addons and place them in either the FFUR addon folder or the Res Addon folder ?

CSLA Addons are defined in the main config, so there is no way to transfer them to FFUR's MOD folder unless you would carry out heavy changes, exactly as JdB has so well explained.

By the way, thank you all for your suggestions in terms of Model additions, I did a selection and kept more or less 80% of your suggestions, making sure they would be suitable and they will fit with the rest of the MOD.

It would take some time to include all of them, a list would be released soon.

Concerning Marines addition, I spent a lot of hours taking out LLauma heads and replacing them by BIS ones, including suitable weapons as well (M16A4, M16A4 Aimpoint, M16A4 M203, SMAAW...).

sanstitre3ki0.jpg

More information to come soon. :]

Regards,

TB

You put the marines in?! wow_o.gif

I take it that M16A4 is now on the "m16" classname and you're using my suggestion after all? tounge2.gif

I guess my HYK stuff ain't needed anymore xD haha.

Well, the m16 class is still used by M4s while the M16 would get its own class (M16A4), that doesn't matter that much anyways.

By the way, no more 'blurry faces' for US soldiers thanks to Sanctuary, who has kindly helped us to figure out the issue.

Quote[/b] ]You put the marines in?!

Don't expect to see Harriers or Hornets, though. ;]

regards,

TB

I wasn't even expecting marines. So I don't expect the vehicals biggrin_o.gif

Hey TB, whatever happened to the proposed updates to the Euro pack?

Thanks for the help regarding the slx_grass (thanks to SamotH too!wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I spent a lot of hours taking out LLauma heads and replacing them by BIS ones

Awesome! That's the other issue I had, fixed .. smile_o.gif

Hey Tbird.

Love The Workrate. Good To See Your Still Losing Your Hair Wit The Stress Of The OFP Modding World.

@The Marines Added

I Think It Would Be Nice To Level The Playing Field With Some Russian Marine Units As Well.

Well Good To See The Nice Work Still Being Done.

Just thought i'd publish my findings regarding the various options available for visuals so that any noobs can get a rough idea as to what to install. This screens were taken from the "Ambush" mission:

Here's how original Flashpoint looks:

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/877/ofporiginalrn8.jpg

Here's how FFUR-SLX 2.0 looks when the original foliage is used (selectable upon installation)

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/1677/ofpffrslxoldfoliagebb9.jpg

Here's FFUR-SLX 2.0 with the new foliage installed:

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/6103/ofpffrslxnewfoliagejt4.jpg

And here's FFUR-SLX 2.0 with the Mr Burns islands pack installed (as suggested by Thunderbird to remove the white foliage problem):

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5083/ofpmrburnssi9.jpg

Not really sure why there's such a huge difference in brightness between them, i just kept resuming the same mission after altering the foliage.

Personally, i really like the detailed foliage but the mr.Burns island pack seems to lose the "outside" feel. the colours and lighting don't look so natural - there's hardly any light. For me it has to be the FFUR-SLX with new foliage, even with the blank white bits (which have now been fixed apparently).

I realise there are other options out there. just thought i'd illustrate the basic ones.

Putting in SLX_Grass.pbo in the addons folder for @ffsx2007 doesn't produce the added grass textures within the maps, at least not in my case. I believe that one will need to modify the config.cpp and add the the appropriate #define and SLX class world definitions to make it work.

I tried updating the config.cpp with the grass snippets from the @slx 1.1 config but with no success, I keep getting the following error:

"config.cpp/cfgModels/: '-' encountered instead of '{' "

so I decided to try the default editable config.cpp included in @ffsx2007 without modification in place of the config.bin and I receive the same error message. I even tried to run the bin2cpp utility to no avail, producing an error message on the cfgModels Ural375.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

It does add slx grass. I have checked. But it seems to have changed, its smaller, not the big object that you can see form the sky. Now it's small but it covers you, the object is bigger than the texture, it has parts that you don't see but cover you. When you see the withe grass you can check the size, and then apply the texture to notice the change.

SamotH,

I have posted pics of what the SLX grass looks like utilizing the latest 1.1 version along with ECP, below is a screen shot in the everon map:

http://aycu37.webshots.com/image/28396/2000221488726055166_rs.jpg

Below is the same location utilizing @ffsx2007 with the SLX_Grass.pbo file included:

http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/26015/2000276709110894498_rs.jpg

You where right! and I found it!

slxgrasszv1.jpg

Don't know why but 'cpp2bin.exe' gives error when I added

#define SLX_ENABLE_GRASS_ISLANDS

on top of the config, so here's another way to do it.

First you need the addons 'SLX_Grass.pbo' & 'SLX_Grass_CWC_Islands.pbo'

Then go to the config and search for:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">worldName="eden.wrp";

and replace with:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//worldName="eden.wrp";

worldName="\SLX_Grass_CWC_Islands\eden.wrp";

Then search for:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">worldName="abel.wrp";

and replace with

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//worldName="abel.wrp";

worldName="\SLX_Grass_CWC_Islands\abel.wrp";

That's it, make it bin and replace the config file.

Hey folks great mod! but i have to be a critic.. srry for that smile_o.gif

the dead anims should be improved. alot of time when someone dies the unit falls and turn as thin as a newspaper if you want ill make a screeny.. could be a prob from my side but i doubt it..

try shooting an injured enemy soldier who is rolling on the ground hell stand up and do a dead anim wich always makes him look thin

asfor the vehicles.. i dont know why but there arent any explosions when they are destroyed. maybe the textures change a little or fire but mainly nothing that indicates the vehicle is destroyed.. why is that?

but the main reason im posting this is the following question:

Are there any missions released for FFUR-SLX?

i love the mod, great firefights! but some mission made for FFUR-SLX would be great to smile_o.gif

i love the fact that armored vehicles stationed close by a firefight move in to assist. i made a mission in wich a russian squad leader in a uaz drives through chotain and is being attacked by resistance. the bmp and shilka in the base nearby came to help! bit wird since the shilka was supposed to guard the base against aircraft... great feature though smile_o.gif

thnx for this mod TB FFUR and SLX team(or is it a one man team? no sure anyways), great work!

Quote[/b] ]whatever happened to the proposed updates to the Euro pack?

Our focus turned from the euro version to the US/Russia conflict which seems to interest people more, all of the previous FFUR packs served as 'development platform' for the last releases, we gained experience learning from these releases.

Quote[/b] ]I Think It Would Be Nice To Level The Playing Field With Some Russian Marine Units As Well.

I won't reveal the incoming patch's content until its release. ;]

Quote[/b] ]Just thought i'd publish my findings regarding the various options available for visuals so that any noobs can get a rough idea as to what to install. This screens were taken from the "Ambush" mission:

Thanks for sharing these pics, now that the 'white grass' issue is figured out, feel free to use any 'islands' you want.

Quote[/b] ]I tried updating the config.cpp with the grass snippets from the @slx 1.1 config but with no success, I keep getting the following error:

"config.cpp/cfgModels/: '-' encountered instead of '{' "

These defines aren't meant to be used with .bin format, that is why you get trouble during the conversion process.

I will include a config that replaces 'No grass' islands by SLX grass ones.

Quote[/b] ]the dead anims should be improved. alot of time when someone dies the unit falls and turn as thin as a newspaper if you want ill make a screeny.. could be a prob from my side but i doubt it..

Including additional 'death animations' would systematically result in CTD, so the only way to include new animations in a safe way is to replace the default ones by taking the risk to decrease 'Death animations' 's diversity.

But if you aren't happy with them then feel free to use those you prefer.

Quote[/b] ]asfor the vehicles.. i dont know why but there arent any explosions when they are destroyed. maybe the textures change a little or fire but mainly nothing that indicates the vehicle is destroyed.. why is that?

Well I do agree with solus about disabling 'vehicles's turning to black when destroyed' value and this has been included to the Mod since it is more realistic, you would rarely see in 'Military documentary Films' vehicles being completely burned or destroyed after getting hit.

Quote[/b] ]Are there any missions released for FFUR-SLX?

What is the point of carrying out missions since the Mod's objective is to enhance the gameplay and immersion of existing community made/BIS missions.

:]

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Regards,

TB

Got one question Thunderbird,

Why do you keep the config in a bin file instead of the cpp one?

For performance or something? Because it would be nice to have the #define to switch options of the mod..

I get the famous "out of video memory" error. what am I doing wrong? Never had this problem with the previous FFUR versions

:sad_o:

P.S: I really appreciate the efforts and hard work you guys have put in FFUR :smile_o:

Edited by W0lle
Image > 100 kb

use -nomap parameter.

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -mod=@ffsx2007

By the way, T-bird your FFUR SLX 2007 is wonderful ! You are great !!! notworthy.gif

problem solved, thanks dude smile_o.gif

P.S: best mod available for Operation Flashpoint. a few MINOR bugs but it doesn't affect the gameplay smile_o.gif I like to thank everybody who was involved in creating this masterpiece thumbs-up.gif