Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR-SLX 2007 2.0

Quote[/b] ]TBird, He means at the start of the mission, he wants the unit to be draggable. But as I've experianced, they arn't if just placed and setdamaged ect.

The "dragging" feature is not a command but it simulates an invisible vehicle where you and the dragged wounded get in.

Quote[/b] ]i'm having the same problem

Please take the time to check out the previous posts to figure out the issue, as previously stated, replace BIS islands by Mr Burns islands selection which use Berghoff trees and WGL textures.

Quote[/b] ]the AI seems to retreat way to often.....leaving me alone to fight everyone

They don't retreat since I have decreased the 'retreating ratio', they just replace the original waypoints by new ones in order to take positional advantage on the enemy.

Quote[/b] ]since i'm here i'll give a list of things i see going crazy so far.....when i need a medic, random soldiers come and drag me to random spots. it's funny but doesn't help much. i can't put fires out but instead just crouch close to them for a long time. need animations to show putting out the fire and burying the dead. AI doesn't stay and fight for very long. the AI can see and shoot extremely far. when i shoot and kill....blood doesn't show and the soldiers sometimes jump pretty far. medic should run around and heal it seems. i love this mod and i'm not trying to nitpick. keep up the good work.

1. AI drag you to try to get you into a safe place for further healing.

2. I don't see the need of carrying out animations of 'putting out fire', that sounds pretty unnecessary and very complex because the animation used for this task is common for grabbing things from the ground.

3. you seem not having played FFSX 2.0 long enough.

4. Binoculars are used by the AI now, that is why they spot you from far away.

5. Blood effects are random.

Quote[/b] ] should make the medics hang back and be able to erect medic tents. that would be cool. drag wounded to tent and they get healed. just a thought.

Medic tents during firefights? doesn't sounds logical.

Medical tents are usually located inside campounds.

Quote[/b] ]These guys don't fight to the death like warriors. They run in circles and dive a lot

This sounds pretty hollywoodish

Fortunately, actual military doctrines are far different from what our ancestors have known before, heh.

Quote[/b] ] Also the option to turn engine off, eject, and get out are also available when you drag someone

Since the dragging feature is based on the use of an invisible vehicle then it is unfortunately impossible to take out these menu commands.

Quote[/b] ]SamotH making a new extra pack version to go with this?

It's up to SamotH, but that would be greatly appreciated. :]

Quote[/b] ]Very nice work

Thanks for the kind words.

Quote[/b] ]I installed and patched OPF, I had a problem. I resolved copying some files from cd to HD. Now, I've a problem: i installed FFSX 2.0 version and I installed extra pack...The problem is this: when I launch the mod, there's a error screen and the game exit, here is the error:

Resource.cpp/RscDisplayFilter/Notebook.ValueMission: Undefinited base class 'RscObjNotebookEs'

Nobody experienced such an error thus far, maybe uninstall and reinstall the new pack, don't install any extra pack yourself, just follow the instructions and everything would work as intended.

Quote[/b] ]i went into the slx settings what mostly is compiled in there is the shooting graphics and ai what i found out when i disabled all of it was what was really making the game lag

Seamingly, you did something wrong, just keep patient, a light config would be released soon with the new patch. :]

<span style='color:blue'>By the way, if some people are interested in the addition of new models to the MOD then feel free to post your list below, of course, if they fit with the current era gear and loadouts.</span> :]

Edit:

OFP.Filefront Mirrors (Thanks to OFP.filefront staff)

regards,

TB

<span style='color:blue'>By the way, if some people are interested in the addition of new models to the MOD then feel free to post your list below, of course, if they fit with the current era gear and loadouts.</span> :]

It would be nice if you could add roadkill's Nogovan Light Infantry Addons into the MOD. Although they do use llauma's head so this may take a while to remove. Moreover the vehicle pack for them is made from BIS T55, UAZ etc. and would not fit with the better quality vehicles in FFUR-SLX. Then again you could whack the Nogovan Light Infantry roundels on to some of the RHS tanks.

Well done. The mod is of excellent quality, very challenging and refreshing. I just got into ArmA as well and this mod has pulled me out of it. The various addons fit well so kudos to the addon makers who let you include these into the mod.

I didn't see the need but will give it a try, but this time i'll try to make it more compatible with other mods(or two versions)

The user Pillage posted this great modification in the GRAA topic, that replaces most of the voices with empty files so ai will respond faster and you'll hear something. I'll try to add it to the replacement pack(as optional of course), by opening the existing files and replacing the content(because FFSX has modified versions of those). But I'll try to leave some more voices, removing the ones that are not needed or that take much time to play. Let's hope something good comes out of this.

Also, I'll remove the holliwood faces since nobody gave a crap about them sad_o.gif

----------------------------------------

EDIT:

-The chinook is not replaced in FFSX, it would be nice to have a new one.

-The sniper model you used in last patch of FFSX 1.0.

-Better civilians form this pack http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file....k;72052

-PLEASE a savegame action or tell me how to add it tounge2.gif

incredible...I reinstalled the mod + extra pack (official) and feels fully functionally BUT...after 2 or 3 seconds, appear error "Send error segnalation" (I writed well?) and the game doesn't work...why? I reinstalled OPF this morning and the patch gave me some problems with some files but I resolved copying the files from cd to HD, in trues OPF folders. HELP!!

Here I have the italian error version image

erroremodffsxoperationfqn9.jpg

Now, I'm trying reinstall the patch and the error I have is this:

errorepatchamentoopffv6.jpg

for resolve this error, I must copy the "error files" from CD to trues opf directories. Why? Do you think I must inserct OPF cds not in DVD reader but in DVD writer? Thank you sad_o.gif

Now, I'll try reinstall OPF and I'll say you

crazy_o.gif

EDIT: I reinstalled the game using the DVD writer but nothing is happened. HELP

I have windows xp pro sp2, athlon 64 3000+ socket 754 overclocked from 2,0ghz to 2,23ghz. Ram 1gb (512*2) ddr400 pc 3200 in bios selected how ddr333, mobo Asus K8V-X SE.

Ok Model wish-list:

Tunguska/SA-13 (From the MTLB pack/SCLA)/SA-8 (Project MCAR) to compensate for the US M6, and a Mi-28 for the Russians.

There is a Striker addon by VIX. If it can be finished and properly integrated into FFSX instead of the old M133... Also how about footmunche's F-35? There are operational F-22's in the real world. But since there is no quality addon for them, the F-35 might do.

SF/Spetsnaz:

Assault class with silenced Rifle/GL/Scope+ pistol.

AT class, silenced with the light AT weapons (AT4/RPG-7).

Designated marksmen for US, since the Russians already have the VSS. It all saves allot of "AddWeapon" lines, and briefing mess with weapons selection.

-I know it's long so whatever is possible to add, will be great-

Got to say it again, great Mod! The changes in the AI are felt too. It's not safe to ambush a convoy anymore, they actually get out of the trucks and fight!

Well, I finally found some time to post a picture:

gcs0004aa9.jpg

1) This is the error I mentioned before. Don't know exactly why it happens. This is from Red Hammer, mission Alamo. It doesn't appear when I create a random mission with this soldier in the editor.

2) This american tank soldier behaves somewhat mega-heroic. After having fired at me for about 20 seconds (without having hit me from a 10 metres distance), he starts dragging his fellow in the middle of a severe firefight. I knew that american soldiers are quite brave, but this is really weird... biggrin_o.gif

Hmm... Since you said that how about some US Marines in desert marpat or woodland marpat, I just hope you attempt to do this since the Marines are better than the Army  smile_o.gif

You could use -

SFTY Marines 2.0 - http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9387

CodeBlue Marines - http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10526

HYK Marines - http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10540

Have fun,

NEEDER

There is a Striker addon by VIX. If it can be finished and properly integrated into FFSX instead of the old M133...

The Stryker is currently being done up by another addon maker (can't remember their name) to fix the bugs such as RPG's passing through etc. Once it's fixed up it would be a brilliant addition but in it's current state, no.

Quote[/b] ]

-The chinook is not replaced in FFSX, it would be nice to have a new one.

-Better civilians form this pack ]http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file....k;72052

There was an earlier version of FFUR, the one that had the RHS Hind included in it before their main pack was released, that FFUR pack had the Chinook replaced by AfrographX's RAF Chinook model.

Those civillians have llauma's head so they could be a pain to remove and stick BIS heads back on them. However this civillian pack may be a better option.Civvy Packs

I think the Resi civ's are high enough quality. Pretty mutch on par with the Russian replacment units (Edited RHS stuff)

But the origonal civs (Man and Man 2 ect. ect. I beleive) definatly need replacing crazy_o.gif

Oh, PS if you add extra marines you'd have to make the M16 an M16 again and just give the Army the M4 classname. Also HYK marines would make the most sense, they match the normal units replacment the most now.

I resolved the old problem but now I have a new problem whit FFSX 2.0. I'm playing Resistance Campaign but in a big videos number I have this error and I can't see the videos:

SEE IMAGE HEREhttp://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=opfffsx20errorkt6.jpg

I tried open the file with pbox and he give me a error....I'm going to redownload the mod banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]  

The "dragging" feature is not a command but it simulates an invisible vehicle where you and the dragged wounded get in.

Is there in editor that invisible vehicle or can I put it somehow in editor, basic question is can I create mission in editor with already wounded soldier in that "invisible vehicle"?

Thank you!

little changes to:

#AH64D

- gunners sight is below cockpit maybe change gunners sight to "Kiowa" gunnersight?

- M-230 Chaingun with orange tracer (make without or less)

#Ka-52

- engine sounds are not "constant" - somtimes silence sometimes engine sound...

#CH-47D

- MGun muzzleflash is not sync with sound

- no switch between seats (cargo, gunner, pilot)

#Mi-17

- PKT 7.62mm only single-fire mode?

- no switch between seats (cargo, gunner, pilot)

#OH-58

- no switch between seats (gunner,pilot)

#UH-60 (MG)

- muzzleflash from M2 12,7mm could be much better

#helicopter (general)

+ should have manual option to gear up/down instead of automatic

+ resistance Mi-8 and Bo-105 would be nice

+ radio chatter is nice... would be good to have an chatter-only-option "silent" wink_o.gif

#others

+ SF/Spetznaz and some others need SD handguns/pistols

- soldiers shooting through building (CWR-Mission "Incursion")

- no "mega-heroics" and AI drag soldiers into hot-combat-zone

- i have to deinstall extra building pack because on some places the buildings doesn't fit

would be fine too:

+ UMP like HK MP7 to crew, pilots...

+ Fishing boats, water scooters

+ Camo PBR/ Zodiak 2.0

+ Kuznetsov and Nimitz

+ Nogova Police

hey howcome i cant see bodies dismember? and where are the options to turn them on or at least chek if its enabled....ive shot guuys with tanks and they remain there in one piece help.gif good work

I´ve noticed that the frag ammunition in Russian tanks are gone. All we have is APDS rounds and these are almost ineffective against infantry. Will they be back in the patch?

I love the soft blending of the sky. it sure beats the heck outta that sharp jagged edge clouds we had before. Only thing I want to ask is has anyone tried adding the dynamic weather to it? and does it work for MP missions? I have read various accounts and none were conclusive. Oh and I found a great script for helmet cams at ofp editing depot. That might be interesting to add (workin on missions now to use it)

I love the soft blending of the sky. it sure beats the heck outta that sharp jagged edge clouds we had before. Only thing I want to ask is has anyone tried adding the dynamic weather to it? and does it work for MP missions? I have read various accounts and none were conclusive. Oh and I found a great script for helmet cams at ofp editing depot. That might be interesting to add (workin on missions now to use it)

I have added the NIM Weather stuff, and so far it's ok here.

I do have 1 quick question though, and I didn't see it in the readme. How do you install the hotfix? It works just fine for me without it, and I was wondering if it fixes something I haven't tried out yet. Thanks in advance.

Big Ben:

That hotfix is the tools that go in Bin folder, they are used by the bat installers of the extra pack.

Speaking of extra packs... I'm making a final one with more options, it'will be compatible with this mods and any other ones(hopefully) It will also include my voice replacement from the topic VoiceRep. So please anyone give it a try and leave comments if you would change something. So for my final replacement pack I'll adjust it to most people's likings.

Throwing it out there , but is it possible to combine FDF, CSLA, & Tonal Redux mods under the FFUR & SLX umbrella huh.gif

IIRC there was a command line -mod=@CLSA;@FDF;@Tonal

that could be added to the command string - is this possible to do to make an ultimate OFP huh.gif

Many thanks,

S. Chapman

No, they all use their own config.bin, and you can only use one config.bin at a time. The only option would be to combine all of the configs into one big config.bin, and that is not just a matter of throwing the contents of all the files into one file and naming it "config.bin".

It'll take weeks if not months to do so, assuming you ever get permission from the authors.

If you just want the addons... rename/delete/move the config.bin crap in the others 'cept for the one with the best features (FFSX?)

You get all the CSLA units ect. if Im correct... But the config of FFSX.

And as far as I know, all CSLA ec.t missions would work.

Yes you can, I use tonal all the time. You have to load at the end the mod with the config you want. You can still load modfolders after that but they must not contain configs. Or just put them before.

Hi all,

maybe the question have been posted but i cant find how to use artillery, i'm clicking on the map but nothing happen

Big Ben:

That hotfix is the tools that go in Bin folder, they are used by the bat installers of the extra pack.

Thanks for the reply. So all I have to do is put it in the bin folder?