Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

DMSmokeEffects Beta 4

I was just thinking that two invisible simple walls of about 30m length forming a cross should do the trick, don't you think? This being placed into the middle of the smoke explosion would block everybody's view from each angle.

Well, the model you describe would need to have double-sided surfaces. Tests with flat objects (look for my sandstorm test vid) shows me that a single textured polygon is invisible from "the other side". I don't know if ArmA supports double-sided textures, but if it does I don't know if 3x double sided textures would be more or less efficient than a cube object.

I'm going with a cube model, as it's the simplest possible model that effectively blocks view from all angles, including up & down. Might be useful when hiding from helos wink_o.gif

New version:

DMSmokeEffects Beta 4.2

4.2 improvements:

New, more varied look to entire effect.

New pale animated smoke texture for more realistic battlefield look.

MaddMatt's settings for fuel explosion effect.

Default vehicle smoke altered substantially.

Smoke grenade improvements.

Most smoke effects now have lighting effects too for better night battles.

Smoke effects are now relative to world axis rather than vehicle axis. (Before, a tank on it's side would eject smoke to the side. Or even straight down if it was upside-down.)

Fantastic work as always, love this mod!

The only issue I noticed was the lighting effects around smoldering vehicles at night was way to bright. It's almost as if there's road flares placed inside the vehicle giving off tons of light even though the vehicle isn't really burning anymore.

Other than this, I think the mod is absolutely brilliant.

Great as usual.

But it tell me "sound NadeDebris1 not found" throwing nades and also it disable sixtracers. Is there a solution? (I'm using your mod with ArmaEffects). Thanks

simply amazing notworthy.gif

p.s. could I possibly ask what sound mod you are using in the videos?

smile_o.gif

Any help would be gratefully received smile_o.gif the model needs to be as simple as possible (i.e.a cube) as there is the possibility of there being lots of them.

I will see if I can digg it up later today and send it your way. The model is dome shaped and very simple. The dome shape was found to be the best for smoke grenades due to some clipping issues (that was in OFP, maybe that has change in ArmA).

Ohh yea, thanks for the new 4.2 beta will check it out!

/KC

Soooo. How do i use this..I placed it in a modfolder and placed in my start.ini but i dont see any diffrence... huh.gif

The @DMSmokeEffects-Folder is missing the "AddOns"-Subfolder. So just put the pbo in an existing (and working) mod-folder or just add one to the @DMSmokeEffects and move the pbo in this Addon-Subfolder.

Works nice and looks awesome!

thumbs-up.gif

I was wondering if everyone can see the new fire textures all of the time. I can only see them when an AH-6 is burning. I thought that they were working, but then I see this amazing realistic fire only on an AH-6 crash/destruction. Any fix to this, or is it even a problem that anyone else is having? Thanks.

could I possibly ask what sound mod you are using in the videos?

Chammy's sound mod and SixthSense addon pack1 (without ArmA Effects in case of confusion).

The @DMSmokeEffects-Folder is missing the "AddOns"-Subfolder.

Fixed smile_o.gif download is updated.

hehehe...

when i try the mission it says "No Player Selected" help.gif

Well, the mission is the same one as included with the 4.1 release, which as far as I know works fine. I will check it out though.

When I put it in as an @mod, the game takes an extra 1-2minutes to load, is that normal?

Extra 1-2 minutes? No, that's not normal.

I was wondering if everyone can see the new fire textures all of the time. I can only see them when an AH-6 is burning. I thought that they were working, but then I see this amazing realistic fire only on an AH-6 crash/destruction. Any fix to this, or is it even a problem that anyone else is having? Thanks.

I see fire in any of the default helicopter classes. If you're using a third-party helicopter addon, and it's not listed as a helicopter class, then it won't use the fuel fire effect.

Hi DMarkwick. I can't solve this prob: "Sound NadeDebris1 not found" (the same with microdebris). What might be?

Hi DMarkwick. I can't solve this prob: "Sound NadeDebris1 not found" (the same with microdebris). What might be?

When are you seeing this message? I thought I had disabled all MicroDebris & NadeDebris sounds, and I certainly haven't had any error messages since.

Are you sure you're using 4.2? It was a 4.0 problem.

Yes I'm using your last release. I haven't this prob with the previous one. It occur when player launch for the first time a grenade.

Yes I'm using your last release. I haven't this prob with the previous one. It occur when player launch for the first time a grenade.

I just tried a grenadier and a rifleman, I didn't see the message. Can anyone else confirm this bug?

I'm sorry...my apologizes. By mistake wasn't the last release.

Infact now it don't give any error. Thanks however. Very good work those new effects