Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

DMSmokeEffects Beta 4

Here is the latest release of the DMSmokeEffects, now lablelled as beta release 4:

*New version*

DMSmokeEffects Beta 4.2

4.2 improvements:

New, more varied look to entire effect.

New pale animated smoke texture for more realistic battlefield look.

MaddMatt's settings for fuel explosion effect.

Default vehicle smoke altered substantially.

Smoke grenade improvements.

Most smoke effects now have lighting effects too for better night battles.

Smoke effects are now relative to world axis rather than vehicle axis. (Before, a tank on it's side would eject smoke to the side. Or even straight down if it was upside-down.)

4.1 improvements:

A new animated fuel fire particle.

Tank classes start their smoke effect a lot sooner.

All animated particles are now hi-res and no longer blurry.

Microdebris sounds temporarily disabled until a problem can be fixed.

Mirrors:

Armed Assault Zone

COMBAT prison (German language)

New improvements include:

Now a "magic" addon, works just by having the addon. No in mission trigger is needed anymore. Thanks to UNN and Q for their help in this development smile_o.gif

New effects including fuel-fire effects. Helicopters, planes, fuel trucks all burn with this effect. Especially effective at night smile_o.gif

More config tweaks including (but not limited to) tank firing dust, helicopter damage smoke.

Streamlined scripting, now the effects are split into their own files instead of being one huge effects file. Better for editing & keeping track of. Lots of optimisation done, almost a rewrite smile_o.gif

Half of all tank class vehicles have the same effect applied (huge plumes of dark smoke) but half have a different behavior. Now half the tanks will eject lighter coloured but heavier smoke, more in keeping with some footage I have seen, and also a few people requested drifting smoke.

Any probs, let me know ASAP smile_o.gif there should be no ill effects, but as always addons are used at your own risk etc.

Screeniepoos:

armaDMSmoke4_1.jpg

armaDMSmoke4_2.jpg

armaDMSmoke4_3.jpg

armaDMSmoke4_4.jpg

armaDMSmoke4_5.jpg

armaDMSmoke4_6.jpg

God damn, this is so exciting............................................................. Sorry for the delay. I had to change my underwear due to my excitement.

Now a "magic" addon, works just by having the addon. No in mission trigger is needed anymore

I am just hopelessly speculating here... but you DO need some kind of trigger dont you, and you're creating this automatically... if so, are you taking into consideration of the island size, from Rahmadi to Sahrani into the PMC Oceanworld of 204km x 204km island sizes?

If I'm mistaken, then all is good wink_o.gif

Now a "magic" addon, works just by having the addon. No in mission trigger is needed anymore

I am just hopelessly speculating here... but you DO need some kind of trigger dont you, and you're creating this automatically... if so, are you taking into consideration of the island size, from Rahmadi to Sahrani into the PMC Oceanworld of 204km x 204km island sizes?

If I'm mistaken, then all is good wink_o.gif

Nope, no trigger. It's all eventhandlers now applied in the config smile_o.gif

Is this, in any way, compatible w/ "ArmA Effects"?

Up untill this release-i've been running both! smile_o.gif

Not tried this one yet!-Off to work!

I'm pretty sure both mods are compatible when it comes to running them both (don't know how it's with the latest ones), but I think that when using both, one overwrites the other in some places. It would require some testing though.

Anyway, you're da man DM! Thanks so much!  wink_o.gif

Does it use Extended Event handlers by Solus ? This should improve compatibility with all other mods.

I like your effects DM ! Testing tonight wink_o.gif

Malick

Excellent looking stuff mate.

Off to try these effects now, hope they work with "ArmAEffects" smile_o.gif

I love the smoke, it looks great!

But the fire of burning crashed choppers has some way to big particles, they even get pixelated and I think it is a bit to much.

Is this, in any way, compatible w/ "ArmA Effects"?

I haven't tested it against other mods, but if it's anything like OFP then it very much depends on the ORDER you list the mods in your shortcut. If I remember correctly, later mods overwrite earlier mods (might be vice-versa wink_o.gif) so if you like ArmA effects but want DMsmoke effects, it should be possible to arrange it.

Likewise if you prefer DMSmoke effects but would also like ArmA effects for the settings I have NOT touched then you should be able to arrange that as I mostly only include config class settings for classes I actually have tweaked.

Does it use Extended Event handlers by Solus ? This should improve compatibility with all other mods.

I like your effects DM ! Testing tonight wink_o.gif

Malick

It doesn't yet, but it will do soon(ish) smile_o.gif I'm not very good at the inheritance side of things and have a habit of ballsing the whole lot up by fiddling about smile_o.gif

But I'll look at some examples & try to emulate them.

I love the smoke, it looks great!

But the fire of burning crashed choppers has some way to big particles, they even get pixelated and I think it is a bit to much.

There seems to be a small bug in the ArmA engine that uses lower resolution images inappropriately. Getting close or zooming in sometimes helps to "snap" them back into high-res.

The fuel effects are not perfect by any means, I kept them in because they look just fantastic at night.

Very nice work! thumbs-up.gif

Too bad i can't use this on my old crappy computer. confused_o.gif

MfG Medicus

I really appreciate the various visual effects mods.

What would really make my day is a complete modpack that would include all of these into one pack, with no compatibility issue or overwriting problems.

It's maybe wishful thinking, afterall. Or, ECP for ArmA, call it what you like wink_o.gif

Malick

Sweet! Just too shame I can't test it, I'm out of town at the moment. sad_o.gif

Is it possible to see it in action by YouTube?

BTW, if it's compatible with ArmA Effects let me know.

I can confirm that this mod works with ArmaEffects thumbs-up.gif

Played Battlefield mission and wow... Totally adds to the atmosphere. Lingering smoke clouds, explosions, and not much of a performance hit (and this was one of my main concerns as I can hardly run ArmA as it is, let alone use two special effects enhancing mods at once)

Great stuff thumbs-up.gif