Sign in to follow this  
blakord

suggestion for Arma2

Hi, we are bored of swiching ARMA <-- alt tab --> Windows for write mission scripts, this is a heavy job for mission makers guys and for the computer memory, and waste some time.

I think you can include a script editor into Arma2 mission editor, is an powerful tool and very easy for make it

cya

Or you could just run ArmA in a window when you are editing a mission, that also gives you easier acces to scripting references like the BIKI. icon_rolleyes.gif

I think that's actually one of the best suggestions I've seen on these forums to be quite honest. You guys obviously haven't considered the extra features a built in script editor would allow for such as:

A built in script checking routine.

A built in syntax checking/ alteration tool.

Sure, these may not be worth much to the more experienced and advanced mission makers around here, but to someone new to the game some extra help with getting scripts right can make the difference between them being able to build missions more easilly (and to reach a higher standard of mission building more quickly) and them getting so frustrated with cryptic and misleading error messages that they eventually give up on it all together.

The best resource available to a scripter is the internet, so windowed mode is fine for me.

yeah just add: -window , to your ArmA desktop shortcut in priorities at the end of the path.

wink_o.gif

best way to work on missions, in my opinion! thumbs-up.gif

best way is to get two monitors and get a proper IDE / text editor

for ArmA. check the BIKI for those (additions to well known tools).

the suggestion might sound good. however there are so many

great tools out there already. to some extent its a waste of time

to redo the wheel again.

so even one step more:

interfaces/API to ArmA / better integration with 3rd party tools -

hell yes!

I think it's been suggested a few times before to have a built in script editor, I wouldn't mind seeing a built in version of Chris's Arma editor.