Sign in to follow this  
tzvetoslav

How can I remove a unit's helmet?

Hi guys smile_o.gif I'm making a mission again and I want some units to be without helmets.How can I do that?Is it possible?Any help will be much apreceated.Thanks.

Hi guys smile_o.gif I'm making a mission again and I want some units to be without helmets.How can I do that?Is it possible?Any help will be much apreceated.Thanks.

No. Only way is to make completely new addon of desired unit without helmet. Sorry.

Use a civilian and if it should be a soldier, then show only the head in a cutscene smile_o.gif

Probably not a good solution but it depends what you are doing. If only for a cutscene then it could work (but doesn't look good).

If that isn't enough then create an addon. Join a civilian's head into a soldier's body in 3D editing program, could be a fast way to do it if you want to go that route. But consider if you really need it, if for only one mission then I would not bother.

Hah,yeah nice idea there,but It's not for the cutsene.I wanted to make only me and some of my squad mates to be without helmets smile_o.gif

make a tiny little addon featuring standart units without helmet (jusr hideit with hideen selection). that's the only way

make a tiny little addon featuring standart units without helmet (jusr hideit with hideen selection). that's the only way

Helmet isn't in any special selection. Only in selection for head. So this way you could create nice headless soldiers, but hardly some without helmets wink_o.gif

There are helmetless soldier addons out there huh.gif

With bodyarmour on.

Ok guys,I used O2 and managed to remove the helmet.Now only thing left is to save it.How do I make it a .pbo?Thanks.

Isn't there a civilian pack that has captured soldiers which are basically soldiers without helmets? or is it maybe already a stock unit?

I thought I saw it as part of the one the zombie missions use, but it could have been just a regular "captive soldier" in the unit editor.

The @6thSenseEU (Editor Update) has a class of units called "captives."  Essentially they are soldiers with most of their gear stripped off, and I do believe they have no helmets.

You can always add a weapon and change their side if they are on the Civ side, can't remember if they are.

It's not a 'addon' so you can use it when editing your mission without requiring an addon for the mission.  Check it out:

@6thSenseEU Link