Randomised patrols which call for backup when in trouble

Realistic reactions to nearby loud noises

Multi weapon switching

Voice acting

Outro

Dedicated Server Support

Compatibility:

The release version has only been tested on 1.08. Other versions of the

game should work, but earlier versions may not.

Singleplayer/Multiplayer:

These missions are multiplayer only. They can however be played solo.

This must still be done in the multiplayer game area.

This mission fully supports dedicated servers, however, it is a little

silly to run a two player mission like this. Since ARMA bases update

frequency of non-local units on distance from the player, and the sniper

is the player that actually needs this aspect to run smoothly the most, it

is reccomended that the person playing the sniper hosts the mission.

Home Page:

http://colonelsanderslite.armaholic.net/misc....ex.html

Required Addons:

None.

Hosting:

You can host this anywhere you want, but if you let us know via PM we'll

add a link in the download thread and let you know if we patch it. We

would also prefer if you included a link back the home thead, as that is

where we'll be posting updates, answering questions etc.

Installation:

Unpack the PBO file into C:\YourArmaDirectory\MPMissions\

Version History:

V1.0:

Release

License:

Unlimited rights (including editing and rereleasing) so long as it's non-

commercial and adheres to the BIS terms of use. Any derivative works must

credit the original authors and cannot be more restrictive than this with

respect to what rights an end user has.

Credits:

ColonelSandersLite - Scripting, Voice of Soldier B

Special Ed - Mission Design, Layout, Editor Work

Lord Cornelius - Voice of Soldier A

Ralph - Just For Being There

Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) - Theme Song: Crisis

Download:

http://colonelsanderslite.armaholic.net/misc....1.0.rar

thanks mate thumbs-up.gif

ps: very well done post smile_o.gif

Id like to add at little here -

ColonelSandersLite and myself spent huge time on this mission to provide the most we could realistically come up with in varied content for a sniper type mission - the playing field is literally huge, with many options, and with a number of "unexpected" scenarios that transform during the mission as well. The environment is also very alive with activity, from random patrols through ColonelSandersLite's well done random patrol script, enemy camps scattered about, a huge enemy base alive with activity to enemy vehicles passing through the area, and more.

Testing was also done intensively, lots of time spent changing things, testing, changing things, retesting, to provide the best overall gameplay results for this mission. The mission is not easy, nor is it designed to be, but it is designed to give a whole lot of freedom to players as to how they will accomplish their objectives.

ColonelSandersLite worked very hard at the large number of scripted applications for the mission which turned out really amazing, including his hard work at just putting all the pieces of this puzzle together with the many scripts involved. Between the two of us I would say for sure he had the hardest job.

I think were both glad to finally see this thing done and out as it turned into alot more work than I think we originally anticipated, hope you guys enjoy the final product here smile_o.gif

Please feel free to post comments of any sort here, the feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Sincerely

Ed

Anyone, feedback? Awfull quiet here... confused_o.gif (hate suspense tounge2.gif )

I'm shocked to see no one has posted here apart from the creators. huh.gif

Looks great, guys. Would love to play it, if I could find someone to play it with! crazy_o.gif

Again, fantastic work. thumbs-up.gif

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]I'm shocked to see no one has posted here apart from the creators. huh.gif

Apart from Q, that is. tounge2.gif

damn this looks sweet! Really great for those 2 player lan parties that can last a weekend or so thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for the kind words Thomas Ryan

Although it is not the same, of course as stated in the mission description, the mission can be played with just one player, with or without ai, its not easy but it can be done solo.

In the case of playing solo, I highly recommend playing the sniper, also playing on normal mode, daytime, and it may end up being desirable to not bring the ai spotter along, being ai is great at blowing your cover in stealth type missions, although it would be possible to use him and keep him way back in a safe spot, so at least you still can still select him (F2) and use the cursor to get range to target once in position for the shot.

Of course I helped make this mission, but in all truth i've never been a good player, and I have managed numerous times to complete the mission solo, yea, its harder for sure tho. Good recon once you get deep in enemy territory is a must along with using the terrain for cover - especially when there are known enemies at close ranges.

Thanks for the kind words Thomas Ryan

Although it is not the same, of course as stated in the mission description, the mission can be played with just one player, with or without ai, its not easy but it can be done solo.

In the case of playing solo, I highly recommend playing the sniper, also playing on normal mode, daytime, and it may end up being desirable to not bring the ai spotter along, being ai is great at blowing your cover in stealth type missions, although it would be possible to use him and keep him way back in a safe spot, so at least you still can still select him (F2) and use the cursor to get range to target once in position for the shot.

Of course I helped make this mission, but in all truth i've never been a good player, and I have managed numerous times to complete the mission solo, yea, its harder for sure tho. Good recon once you get deep in enemy territory is a must along with using the terrain for cover - especially when there are known enemies at close ranges.

As much as I would like to do that, I feel as though a mission designed for 2 players should be played with 2 players.

Ah well, should be able to get someone to play it with me. tounge2.gif

Just downloaded it.  Hope to play it tonite or this weekend and I'll let you know.

Came across this on Col Arma site. Nice web site also.  I see it is one of T3 designs.  Any chance I could get some help in implementing one of their skins to my site?

Appreciate all you guys have and are doing for the gaming community.  Keep up the good work!

I'll post feedback this weekend on your mission.  

~S~

There's no way I could practically help you with that, I'm sorry to say. I'm all ears on any feedback on this mission though.

It's about time I update it to v1.1. There's a few small issues I've been meaning to fix on it. A few typos and the like. I've had practically no bug reports, so there's not much wrong with it I guess.