Sign in to follow this  
{9thInf}Winchester Delta1

ARMA 2 Aircraft wishes

bravo 6,

There is a better likelihood of Lock On being a totally combat sim than that of ArmA being. thumbs-up.gif

bravo 6,

There is a better likelihood of Lock On being a totally combat sim than that of ArmA being. thumbs-up.gif

We are talking about ARMA2 or GAME2, not ArmA.

I do expect alot more from ARMA2, I do expect a better Simulator in every way, Especially in Flight Simulation terms else it will be a total failure and disappointment like you can see in ARMA disappointing thread, but if it happens we will have a thread with more pages, a lot more.

So what you said doesn't make much sense for this thread, IMO. thumbs-up.gif

EDIT: Remember when BIS said they want to be ambitious.. Well they have the right place to show it, In ARMA2 that is.

It is actually a Rafale in the picture... why not equipe the resistance/allies side with it.

Oh..thanks for setting me straight smile_o.gif

So what you said doesn't make much sense for this thread, IMO.

And what you've been saying for the last couple of pages doesnt make much sense from a realistic point of view either, but that doesn't seem to stop you?

(Explanation: You expect BI to code a high-fidelity flight "engine" into ArmA2, not only in the space of 12 months, but also to compete with dedicated flight sims like LockOn and FSX? In la-la land maybe... crazy_o.gif )

..else it will be a total failure and disappointment like you can see in ARMA disappointing thread, but if it happens we will have a thread with more pages, a lot more.

Oh really? Well... i dont think most gamers have such unrealistic expectations such as yours but thats just me whistle.gif .

@DeadMeatXM2 & Heatseeker

If you guys think its impossible, may you tell this the bravo 6 by pm.

If i see Battlefield 1942 (yes, this acradish game), this game got a already better flightmodel as ArmA.

And if i see the BF1942 Mod "Desert Combat" (the orignal game was made for WW2 fighter like BF109),... "DC" could use and change the game flightmodel for modern planes, inlc. V/STOL for AV8 Harrier and a very good helicopter flightmodel.

I loved to fly the Hind in Desert Combat.

However, i want the "lock on targets by mouse click" back for ArmA2, like it was in OFP.

So what you said doesn't make much sense for this thread, IMO.

And what you've been saying for the last couple of pages doesnt make much sense from a realistic point of view either, but that doesn't seem to stop you?

(Explanation: You expect BI to code a high-fidelity flight "engine" into ArmA2, not only in the space of 12 months, but also to compete with dedicated flight sims like LockOn and FSX? In la-la land maybe... crazy_o.gif )

Looks like you want to have another silly conversation like we had last year. (the Finger subject)

But this time i will not have more debate about it. I said what i wish / suggested and posted on this thread. If you don't like what i said, tough.

Eventually if BIS say its not possible due to engine limitations, its another thing. I radder know it from BIS then from your own words. But i want to be optimistic about ARMA2.

enough said.

Well you're going to be very disappointed with ArmA2, Bravo 6.

not if BIS do something about the unfinished project. (ARMA2)

With that affirmation i start to think that you know more then what was officially released. icon_rolleyes.gif

The problem is that people don't have big ambitions, i do hope, when Maruk said they had big ambitions for GAME2 (2 years ago), it covers this Subject aswell.

Looks like you want to have another silly conversation like we had last year. (the Finger subject)

Ahh, fun times, fun times biggrin_o.gif

(As an aside, I hope you dont think that the whole finger thing was added because you suggested it? If you do, I've got some news for you...)

But this time i will not have more debate about it. I said what i wish / suggested and posted on this thread. If you don't like what i said, tough.

... ...

enough said.

So its ok for you to say whats "ok" or reasonable for the thread, but not for people to tell you? Sorry to say mate, but its just as "tough" for you too.

Eventually if BIS say its not possible due to engine limitations, its another thing. I radder know it from BIS then from your own words. But i want to be optimistic about ARMA2.

If you had any idea how complex programming game engines is, you'd appreciate exactly WHY its just not feasable to have every aspect so "perfect".

Its always funny to see you posting in one thread how "crappy" the performance is, and then demanding in another that things be more high-fidelity. Nice thumbs-up.gif

@DeadMeatXM2

Dude you don't expect much from BIS, we got it.

And so far i don't expect much from ArmA1 anymore.

But for ArmA 2, i hope BIS expect more from themself.

I bet Codemasters has ambitious plans with OFP2.

And i bet Illusion Softworks has ambitious plans with Enemy in Sight.

E.g: .. i expect, that BI got time to work on some proper realism in some details, like this.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/651149

I dont need 100 new features, just 1-2 more clever worked out solutions.

@DeadMeatXM2

Actually I expect a LOT from BI.

I'm just realistic in what I expect. wink_o.gif (I.e. NOT uber flight models...)

@DeadMeatXM2

Actually I expect a LOT from BI.

I'm just realistic in what I expect. wink_o.gif (I.e. NOT uber flight models...)

Certainly there is no need of "uber flight model" similar to professional flying simulators, just a need of a "very good flight model", like the one in the Ysflight freeware.

It just takes a little comon sense, thats all...

Flying fixed wing is a minor part of these games.

Making this small part of the game a high fidelity simulator means this level of simulation would have to be applied to all other gameplay areas aswell, so that the product's quality and gameplay is consistent.. naval, armored, infantry and rotary wing simulations...

Soft vehicles, APC's, MBT's, AAA, all weapon systems and munitions, individual firearms, etc. Everything would have to be created up to a high fidelity flight simulator standard.

Lets assume that a flight sim took (only) 2 years in the making, now since this is a full blown WAR sim lets multiply it by atleast 5 (naval, fixed wing, rotary wing, infantry, armored).

Thats 10 years smile_o.gif .

Ofcourse combining all these super acurate simulations into a single platform would require lots of work... not to mention the technology evolution that would take place in such a long development cycle, wich would require periodic updating and even redesign of all the content.

15 years? Oh my...

I think its easier for BI to live with a 50 page whinning thread next year and let Placebo worry about it pistols.gif .

Or... lets just acept the fact that such a thing isnt even possible and wont be for a very long time..

Enemy in Sight still exists? huh.gif

Yup, after the suprise with Mafia 2 at G|C 07, they put "EiS" back on their new page "In development".

link - illusionsoftworks.com

So far i bet they dont have much people on EiS, because Mafia 2 need every hand they have.

But maybe if they release Mafia2 in september 08', EiS may come at Xmas 09'.... after ArmA2 and OFP2.

I bet Codemasters has ambitious plans with OFP2.

And i bet Illusion Softworks has ambitious plans with Enemy in Sight.

This thread is about flight models and we know nothing about niether OFP 2's nor EIS flight engine. For all we know they could be atrocious or totally non-existent in EIS 's case.

I'm sure they have 'ambitious plans' but lets see some evidence on how well they execute them before we start comparing.

@froggyluv

You should read my post in context to DeadMeatXM2 post befor my.

I honestly have a hard time believing that REALISTIC aircrafts are even possible in this game from BIS. If any of you played LockOn, which is one of the best flight simulators out there, you remember that the level of detail on the ground was very poor. What people are asking of Arma developers is to create a world of ultimate dream for gamers, where you can have great distances for realistic radar coverages and missile engaments in the air and also a great level of detail on the ground for AK-74 vs. M4 engagements. I don't think that BIS is simply capable of such project! They can't even make AI cross a bridge in the vehicle without plunging into a river. AI soldiers can't go inside fenced areas, little trees and bushes are a serious obstacle for Hamvees and helicopters don't attack from the distance, but rather fly over any AA to get killed! C'mmon people, be REALISTIC yourselves! You are asking for Kobe beef filet mignon in the McDonalds burger joint!

Yeah .COMmunist,

I heard ArmA2 will realize 15km view distance, but 15km view distance is not yet enough for REALISTIC flight sims. I do not expect BIS to pour their precious time and money to develop realistic flight sim. They do not reach to that point; they have much to to do except flight sim.

I would rather expect BIS to realize interactions between air and ground.

Recon team on the ground enemies and sends these information to A-10 in the air, then A-10 starts cleaning the ground. This is because A-10 doesn't have ground radar and A-10 can't find enemies where they are. Pilot's eyes and information from recon team are the only way to find enemy. Sometimes recon team must spot laser to the target to guide LGB released from A-10.

Apache gunner is looking for targets through display; this display shows images captured by IR camera, telescope and milli-wave rader and gunner must identify foe and friendly by target's appearance. Nobody tells him foe and friendly and of course IFF is not valid against gourd forces. If he shoot friendly, he will be sent to the court-martial. tounge2.gif

Realistic flight sim is difficult to implement but there are many other ways to realize realistic combat sim.

Im quite happy with the current flight model actually :S

Needs some realism tweaking, but having a 100% realistic air sim in ArmA is a laughable idea.

Im quite happy with the current flight model actually :S

Needs some realism tweaking, but having a 100% realistic air sim in ArmA is a laughable idea.

you must be one of the few rare people that are happy with it.

smile_o.gif

Why cant all small PC game maker join together and make one good game and that would be perfect at least those teams who make simulations like Lock-ON, Steal Beast, Sonalyst ... maybe not work by that way yet but soon in future..

Enemy in Sight still exists? huh.gif

Yup, after the suprise with Mafia 2 at G|C 07, they put "EiS" back on their new page "In development".

link - illusionsoftworks.com

So far i bet they dont have much people on EiS, because Mafia 2 need every hand they have.

But maybe if they release Mafia2 in september 08', EiS may come at Xmas 09'.... after ArmA2 and OFP2.

Excellent news! now I only ask for my all time favorite WW2 game - Hidden and Dangerous 3!!!

Why cant all small PC game maker join together and make one good game and that would be perfect at least those teams who make simulations like Lock-ON, Steal Beast, Sonalyst  ... maybe not work by that way yet but soon in future..

Are you willing to pay $89.95 for such games? I am, but most people will not, so this is very unlikely that we will see such projects anytime soon. After all, this is business for them, not a hobby.