Sign in to follow this  
{9thInf}Winchester Delta1

ARMA 2 Aircraft wishes

I don't feel very possitive about ARMA 2 but i still think its gonna be great to play if the game engine improves a lot between now and the release..

My wish is that in ARMA 2 the aircrafts and choppers gonna be more diffecult to fly, and not arcade style like now in ARMA..

I hope that they make the flying more like a simmulator with a Full or partial useable aircraft systems..

I want to see the MFD's working,Radar, CHAFF/FLARE countermeasures, ECM, Forward Looking Infrared and a Identyfy Friend or Foo. Cause now its just to easy to go fly a fighterjet or a chopper.. I don't even fly them very much anymore because i can waste entire armored collums and infantry with it in a cople minutes.. Yeah first that was fun but now its so boring. And these changes will mean that the NOOBS will stay away from the jets and choppers because its simply a little to diffecult to fly them right away...

And also its to simple to take out those fighters with a Stinger or strela.. in real life it wood take a lot of training and skill to take out a fast jet with such weaponry ( i know its just a game but i think it wood really make the gameplay better if they make the stinger and strela less effective to fast movers)

And if this all happens.. a lot of people can go learn to fly these aircraft and really feel good about taking out other vehicels and transporting infantry because this time it will take skill......... And please o please let there be SAM launcher in the orriginal release... But i think i'm asking to much now LOL

Let the flying be something Like Lock On Modern air combat.... But 25% less diffecult

I believe that making it a far more in-depth as a simulator for individual types of tasks in the game would make it feel far more rewarding, and easier to have one team better than the other because of how well they can utilise specific skills, non-combat and combat, better than the other team, and not have it be a battle of who has the best hit registration/PC or fastest reactions...

For example, it should be a lot more challenging to use vehicles, and should allow for great usefullness of having a crew cooperating with you, with more to keep an eye on than just controlling the direction that it is moving and firing it's weapons...

Also things like on-the-fly sight zeroing for all weapons and their different scopes/sights, in depth medical assistance with more to it than a click of a button and a backpack system where you need more than just weapons brought along with you and have to be careful about weight and right amounts of ammo/gear, or maybe even food?

Things like these would really add to it being hailed as a great combat simulator...

ARMA2_artwork_background_news.jpg\

That Osprey's going to rock. I'd like to see:

West: F22 Raptor, F15E StrikeEagle, Globemaster III (Cargo)

East: MiG-29, Su-30MKK, Su-27, Antonov An-22 (Cargo)

UAV's would be nice too. But other than what the USA sells to other contries.. If it could be on both sides, the Global Hawk. It'd have to be manned ether from a hardened structure or mobile laptop.

I'd also like the ability to drive vehicles into the aircraft, lock them in position, and have the ability to carry them.

Man yeah that osprey is going to be really nice if they put it in... But about the F-22 i don't know.... Man i love the F-22 from the deepest of my hard... And my first flight simm was with an F-22 raptor.. (Total Air War). But i think the F-22 is far to supirior for the game.. With that aircraft you can hit and destroy evrything with-out detection (unless you flying like a NOOB) so it wood be to easy to use that aircraft. The F-15 or Joint strike fighter wood be a better choice. But i'm only dreaming now smile_o.gif LOL. My only dream is that we can have an actual airwar just as diffecult as the infantry battles we fight now. And please o please let the updated A-10 be in.. together with some really huge airfields with a control tower and an E-3 Sentry AWACS who are actually working... But i think I'm to spoiled after playing F-22 Total Air war and LOMAC for years.. But i putting this ideas in because ARMA is the only game that can realize this right now.. Man i miss the bitching betty talking to me in my fighterjet that i have a failure and the MASTER WARNING. That made my adrinaline go up and rush to base really quickly....

(by the way sorry for my English, its not my first language)

I think its unrealistic to expect a very indepth air element to ArmA 2 as I think it won't be the first priority. ArmA is a ground combat focused game with planes. Not the other way around. I wouldn't expect things like advanced avionics or a highly accurate radar model. I would expect some general improvements in the flight model and aircraft features (and hopefully countermeasures).

Not that I don't agree with you, but considering the games focus, I think that E-3s are pretty low priority wink_o.gif .

Yeah thats true.. I think the maps are to small for E3's...

But countermeasures FLIR PODS, better dammage model (with bitching Betty), and a navigation system wood make it a little bit more diffecult and also more fun to fly..

Many of things can just mod to ArmA by script. There would be soon some ECP, FLIR, and flares in addons planes. DB has done some nice damage effects to airplane models. Better avionics physics in current engine is impossible.

If this topic is for wishes, than i just can say i want the OFP flighmodel back (particularly for helicopter), this incl. also, lock on targets with mouse.

This was perfect, because OFP is not a "air combat simulator", and ArmA neither.

The current ArmA FM (flightmodel) trys to look more realistic, but it is just not needed, to be more realistic.

ArmA is not a air combat simulator.

And for me i don't need to see fighing jets.

F22, F35 don't have big ground stike capabilities.

The good A10 & AV8 is still the best choise.

And if the game needs "supersonic airsupport", than pls, pick a F-15 Strike Eagle, FA-18 Super Hornet or the good old light bomber F-111.

Same goes for east, SU39 as main groundsupport plane, SU34 as "supersonic airsupport", or as alternative SU30 MK / MIG29 SMT.

I don't see why you people keep saying OFP's flight model is more realistic, you couldn't do any maneuvers with helicopters with it, it was moreso like a flying car, the only thing I'd wish to see would be the ability to use the rudder like OFP did or something where its not quite so held back.

And why take the step backward, sure Arma is not an aircraft sim nor is an armor sim but its not an aviation sim either, but what hurts on adding some small things to each field?

As for the aircraft I wouldn't count too much on those, this game is primarily centered around modern Russian and Marine equipment, no Armines like Arma, example of vehicles (or alteast as have been shown in past game2 images)

5ton is likely to be replaced by the 7ton truck as shown here.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8844/91462320050519screen026nr4.jpg

UH-60 replaced by UH-1Y

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/7207/opf017tc6.jpg

and of course the CV-22

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8541/art2fqv9.jpg

F-35 did make an appearence in an article

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9986/pcgameraug04ja5.jpg

I agree that it would be nice to see some things such as actual FLIR, afterall, aircraft is not the only platform that uses it, armor does as well so it could be helpful on many fronts.

Also appearence of the SU-35 is probably as it was also seen in not one but two scanned pages, do note these images are of the old Game2 and do not fully represent what is currently shown but with what I'v seen on Arma II's more "strict" unit selection I doubt we'll be seeing armines.

Some people often say that ArmA/OFP is just an infantry simulator and it need not to seek realism on choppers, jets and armors. But I could not agree with this opinion.

We already have realistic infantry sims like America's Army Operation. If you seek realism only on infantry part, AAO will be a good solution.

ArmA/OFP, on the other hand, has vast maps and let you be free on whole areas. Infantries, tanks, choppers and jets interfere with each other on the same map. If you seek realism only on infantry, the balance between each unit will be destroyed soon.

The avionics don't have to be super realistic otherwise the fun is gone really fast for a lot of gamers.. But some primary things is a must i think just enough to make you feel that you actually fly a fighterjet or bomber... Because now how the hell you gonna drop a freefall bomb accuratly on a target..

We'just fly over the target and hopes the bomb will hit it...

Its not that hard to make a CCIP indicator (continuasly computed impact point)  in the HUD and also a HUD where you can actual read the info proper on it.. and to change the flight model that you don't bleed speed as much as you do now in ARMA when you make a turn and it takes freeking long to go gain speed after that while flying the SU-34 thats designed to gain speed back after you lost it..

And again sorry for my English.. smile_o.gif

Its not that hard to make a CCIP indicator (continuasly computed impact point) in the HUD and also a HUD where you can actual read the info proper on it..

CCIP indicator, CCRP indicator, gun's funnel, radar(especially ACM mode for WVR battle), thermal lock(for AIM-9), MFD in which target miles away are displayed captured through infrared camera, etc...

All these functions are missing in ArmA. huh.gif

I've heard that ArmA II will be focused on battles in the near future. I guess radar(reconnaissance and target lock), infrared images(reconnaissance and target lock), thermal(IR missile guidance), laser(range finder and missile guide), avionics and IFF will be key words in moder combat. Will BIS make progress in ArmA II concerning these new technologies? wink_o.gif

We really need to hear from BIS on what they're planning for ARMA2 to deliver.

But I guess it might be too early for them to confirm exact new features or improvisations ARMA2 will ultimately contain.

I hope they allow the free target system taht was in OFP caseu in arma is kinda cheap just hit tab and it selects one for you and wont select enemy vehicle in OFP there was sometimes Friendly fire cause A Pilot could not figure out if it was friend or foe from 2km away. More realistic then this current ARma hit tab junk....

yeah, select enemy is very hard and automatic marker is no good, I have bigger problems than OFP crazy_o.gif (I want littler cross on the HUD in aircraft for better targeting)

well i guess we all know that BIS won´t change their habits and will keep on developing ArmA mostly as infantry simulator. I personally find this really sad sad_o.gif

but I dont understand why they don´t create a platform for the comm to change this. Sure there is the editor and O2 and all that stuff. But even with those tools we cant change some engine-based discrepancies like the unusable aircraft cockpits or the physics in vehicles (like cargoareas of vehicles).

I wish they would just develop the engine as realistic as they can, add a big island, some demomodels and just sell it and forget about unnecessary things like Campaigns and SP-/MP-Missions.

A very good example of what i mean would be the Flightsimulator series. Anyone who has used this sim once, knows that it is not very complex by default. But the community did some very impressive things. A company called PMDG for example, managed to implement a ultrarealistic B747 cockpit and up to 95% of the cockpit were modeled and usable like in reallife! (In comparison with a default FS2004 cockpit: A B737 cockpit has not many more features than a simple Cessna!wink_o.gif Thats what i mean with demomodels.

So please BIS, implement for example such an (customizable) interiorsystem for vehicles like in Flightsim! And as I said you don´t even have to care about perfect reallifecopies of vehicles. Just add some demovehicles and let the rest be our problem. notworthy.gif

I don't expect BIS to implement as realistic flight simulator as MSFS or Falcon4.0 because this implementation forces BIS heavy work and they will go bankrupt before they release ArmA2. whistle.gif

Instead, I hope BIS opens ArmA2's source code to closed MOD teams so that they can change it as they like. Some MOD teams may build flight sim oriented mods and others may build tank sim oriented mods. tounge2.gif

These mods will attract many people to ArmA series and contribute to many sales of ArmA series. thumbs-up.gif

Yeah thats true.. I think the maps are to small for E3's...

But countermeasures FLIR PODS, better dammage model (with bitching Betty), and a navigation system wood make it a little bit more diffecult and also more fun to fly..

E3's would be a great idea especialy on those 4 hour missions I run. It would add a new teamwork ability and would be really useful coordinating strikes. I can think of 100 missions to make including E3's especially with the amount of players I play with.

**********************************************@DVD---If this topic is for wishes, than i just can say i want the OFP flighmodel back (particularly for helicopter), this incl. also, lock on targets with mouse.

This was perfect, because OFP is not a "air combat simulator", and ArmA neither.

The current ArmA FM (flightmodel) trys to look more realistic, but it is just not needed, to be more realistic.

ArmA is not a air combat simulator.

And for me i don't need to see fighing jets.

F22, F35 don't have big ground stike capabilities.

The good A10 & AV8 is still the best choise.

And if the game needs "supersonic airsupport", than pls, pick a F-15 Strike Eagle, FA-18 Super Hornet or the good old light bomber F-111.

Same goes for east, SU39 as main groundsupport plane, SU34 as "supersonic airsupport", or as alternative SU30 MK / MIG29 SMT. ****************************************

OPF/Arma are simulators period. I think they should try and excel at all aspects of it including armour, aircraft, and even watercraft. And you are very very wrong. The F22 and F35 have tremendous ground strike capabilities. The f-15 much like the F-22 are classified as Air superiority aircraft; I would like to see them both in the game. The F15 wont be doing air support other then air to air engagements.

It's a next generation game, I think we should be asking for as much as they can put deteriorating gameplay.

I bought the games mostly for the aircraft and the size of maps, I hope the aircraft are tough to fly then.

@ blackhawky

F22 and F35 need their "Stealth", otherwise they suck vs. modern SU30MK or ground to air missiles (SAM).

So no1 will use the external weaponstation in a war.

And with only the internal weaponstations, the ground strike capabilitie is not big (2* GBU32).

The F15 had no chance in 2004 vs. indian SU30, so pls no Air to Air fights in ArmA2 vs. russians SU32MK. whistle.gif

If you like to read more about it search for "Cope-India 2004".

@ blackhawky

F22 and F35 need their "Stealth", otherwise they suck vs. modern SU30MK or ground to air missiles (SAM).

So no1 will use the external weaponstation in a war.

And with only the internal weaponstations, the ground strike capabilitie is not big (2* GBU32).

The F15 had no chance in 2004 vs. indian SU30, so pls no Air to Air fights in ArmA2 vs. russians SU32MK. whistle.gif

If you like to read more about it search for "Cope-India 2004".

Thank you for sharing that excersize, but if you read on..."According to Colonel Greg Neubeck, deputy commander of operations for the wing’s 3rd Operations Group and exercise director for Cope India, in these offensive and defensive missions, four F-15Cs were usually flying against ten or twelve of the same model Indian fighters. The 3rd Operations Group was responsible for the 3rd Wing’s flying mission. He further stated that what USAF faced was not only superior numbers, but also IAF pilots who were very proficient in their aircraft and smart on tactics, a tough combination for the USAF to overcome."

Also if you had some knowledge on the F-15C's they are equiped with fast packs which limits there range compared to the conventional 3 tank carried by the A class and it all limits there abilities to carry many sparrow and sidewinder missles. There is also the fact they they were faced with superior numbers of well trained pilots with a fully equiped loadout of air to air missles. Here is what the SU-30MK carries:

Built-in gun  150 rounds  GSh-301 with 150 rounds  

Air-to-air missiles, pcs :  

- R-27R1 (ER1)  up to 6  up to 6  

- R-27P (EP)   up to 2  

- R-27T1 (ET1)  up to 2  up to 2  

- R-73E  up to 6  up to 6  

- RVV-AE  up to 6  up to 6  

The USAF were also handicapped with not having a E-3 during operations which they are trained in close cooperation with.

Here is the F-15C's armourment.

-1x20mm M61A cannon w/675 rounds, 8 AAMs AIM-120 AMRAAM and/or AIM-9 Sidewinder

Yes the F-15C's did have a chance in India if they were given its operational provisions. The SU-30's are still amazing aircraft though so don't get me wrong.

F22's- 60 000 feet, yes many aircraft can hit this altitude but only can the F-22 and the euro-fighter perform at a tactical level at 60 000 feet. For every other aircraft thats almost twice the amount they can perform tactically at. I'd say thats one huge advantage.

-Supercruise at mach 1.5; that limits lock ons btw. By cooling the noozles.

-Heres one for yea:

2- 1,000-pound GBU-32 Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAM)

8- 250-pound GBU-39 Small Diameter Bomb (SDB)

Four external stations can carry additional stores (weapons or fuel tanks)

Thats a fair amount for ground support operations. After all they call it a JSF.

Also I was lucky enough to see the F-22 at a airshow today; this meneuavers like no other aircraft I have see. Reason to it is the outtake noozles move up or down to create max meneaverability.

"Advances in low-observable technologies provide significantly improved survivability and lethality against air-to-air and surface-to-air threats. The F-22's combination of reduced observability and supercruise accentuates the advantage of surprise in a tactical environment. The most publicized and most revolutionary technology for aircraft is stealth. Stealth makes an object become very difficult to detect by sensors such as radar, heat seekers (infrared), sound detectors and even the human eye. While not invisible, the F-22's radar cross section is comparable to the radar cross sections of birds and bees. Compared to other current fighters, the F-22 is much more difficult to detect. The F-22 will have the first integrated avionics suite ever flown on a combat aircraft. The Northrop/Grumman-Texas Instruments APG-77 radar, Lockheed Martin electronic warfare suite and the TRW communications/navigation/IFF subsystems are all included."

---Global security . org

When I have time I shall put up the (Dis)advantages of a 21st century F35 which should be in Arma2 as a must.

Arma is suppose to simulate war. Battles can be one or lost from aircraft and more deverse missions can be made with them.

Cheers black.

I know, US military complain that there were unfair conditions for the F15.

But SU30 was always able to spot and lock on the F15 befor they could.

It aint matter that india had more planes, if F15 could have locked them on 1st.

btw.. if you quote a US Colonel, on www.globalsecurity.org, you should offer a link to the article.

If i would be you, i would search for some a better source.