Sign in to follow this  
SHWiiNG

A minor complaint

OK, so ive just spent the last 7 hours downloading the new medal of honor Demo.

Itchy trigger finger where a message box pops up saying your Video card is not supported.

Wo wo wo there! an X800GTO2 isnt good enough?

So now i conclude that we are now at the stage where virtually every new game released is going to require a Graphics that costs its weight value in gold.

I'm sorry but what the hell are those of us who cannot afford to sacrifice a vital organ to contribute towards our new Graphics card fund supossed to do when we can not use the latest software.

I was under the impression that new games were still compatible with DX9, just we lose some of the fancy effects.

I dont know who to complain to but i feel i have been misinformed, i thought that games for the next two years were going to remain DX9 compatible until it was deemed fit that the number of users with a DX10 compatible card was sufficiant enough to support a market.

My two cents *thats now going into the piggy bank to fund this outragously expensive piece of hardware*

now that i have cooled off.

What card would be ideal to catch up, i mean that would be able to play the latest games?

The 8800GTX is just overpriced, and the X1950 is the same.

What cards support DX10 and are relativly low priced?

Any help appreciated.

You could always have a look at the 8800GTS 320MB card. That's a midrange card. Don't know how much it costs where you're from, but here in Norway you can get one for something like 270 euro.

If that's too much, the 8600GTS with 256 or 512MB is an alternative. Prices are from 150-60 euro and upwards (in Norway).

Don't know about ATI cards.

I've come to the conclusion that it's better to start saving around 1300€ for a high end 64bit PC with Vista on it. I wouldn't recommend trying to revive an old drag system with one quality part cos some other part will be antique in near future anyway. of course depends on how modern your system is.

now that i have cooled off.

What card would be ideal to catch up, i mean that would be able to play the latest games?

The 8800GTX is just overpriced, and the X1950 is the same.

What cards support DX10 and are relativly low priced?

Any help appreciated.

Try one of the new ATI RX2600XT Card's DX10 and cost about Ninety Nine pounds smile_o.gif

ok thanks for those suggestions and secondly my system is not a old relic it has 2 Gb DDR RAM, AMD Dual core 3800+, blah blah blah, so i think it is the Graphics card thats the problem thats for sure.

I got my X800XT (AGP) when they were new. There wasn't much hype over SM3.0 so I didn't go the nVidia route. I obviously picked the wrong time to experiment with an ATI chipset (previous cards were nVidia, 3dfx and Matrox). I didn't feel the pinch until I bought Splinter Cell Double Agent without noticing the SM3.0 requirement. Of late I've been getting demos that don't work because of that so I've just bought a new card to tide me over until I build a new 'puter at the end of the year. The X1950 is cheap for AGP and I'm boosting my RAM from 1GB to 2GB. Should last me a little while.

yup im still considering going Nvidia, but i have wasted countless hours deciding between the two companies before when i brought my computer.

Here we go again huh.gif

Medal of honor Airbourne? erm well when i have time ill check that up asap.