Sign in to follow this  
NonWonderDog

Working GTLD II Rangefinder

Tested it and i also get the error and no go using the recon unit. I also got latest SLX XEH2 since i use more XEH addons.

You say Extended init eventhadlers though. shouldn't it be just the new Extended Eventhandlers? I dont know these things too well but i just remembered some others discussing this before as we needed the init and fired but were replaced by the solus SLX XEH2 file. Sorry if im just ranting BS, just trying to help out.

ScopeFix has no code, so doesn't need to be compatible with any event handler anything. It's just model replacements and FOV edits. This is the first I've heard of it conflicting with anything.

But yeah, this mod apparently has a few conflicts with the new extended eventhandlers mod. I'll get a new version out as soon as I get it figured out. The version in TankFCS has the same problem, but I really don't want to issue a compatibility patch for a beta.

Yuck, apparently the backwards compatibility is less than advertised. I was using a bit of a shortcut in the init field in order to keep my code from spawning multiple copies, but the new XEH mod seems to load sooner than the old extended init eventhanders mod, invalidating my hack. (Before, I set the init event to run on all vehicles, but to only run the init script if the player inhabited the vehicle in question. Now I have to run the init script on all vehicles, and have it abort immediately if an init flag has been set on the player. This is probably much slower in big missions, especially since "all vehicles" includes a bunch of silly things.)

Okay, version 1.02 up. This one is fully compatible with XEH 1.7, and should fix a couple of nagging initialization issues.

That's a good move, laser is working now in game biggrin_o.gif

Thanks man !

I have installed this range finder, and the events thing, and it seems to work, apart from when i try to actually use it. I hit the range button, and my whole pc freezes for about 20 seconds, and then its fine, but theres no distance listed. Every time i use it something flickers, and then theres no figures. I dont see any form of range or distance or anything thats going to help me aim a M107. What am i doing wrong? Its all installed, seems to be working, yet theres no range.

I always had this problem of sticking, but only for 5 seconds or so. But I usually had no problems with the range. It would appear after the stick. Unfortunately, I stopped using this because of the stick. If there's a fix I'm interested to know.

The only problem is NWD hasn't been around in a while. Although I think someone was going to try to get a hold of him to ask about continuing the FCS mod, I'm not sure if anyone has inquired about this one though.

the sticking issue is quite bad on my xp install pauses a hell of a long time, in vista it seems faster (same mods loaded).

I too had to remove as I had it running and using mando Laser bomb tuns with it, had a mission running & set up in editor testing real well all working fine with laser bombs. Saved the mission to a SP mission pbo and then ran as mission, low and behond the laser marker would not show a dot or then have a marker to transmit = useless  confused_o.gif .

This is on initialisation and then running it, before save/restore. exited, removed the addon pbo, ran the same SP mission via restart, BI standard worked fine and on save/resume.

Shame realy I realy like this addon.